• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Double E's preseason game comments

I think I can say for everyone that we weren't blown away by our teams performance.

The D was gashed over and over, and the 1st team O was non-effective.

It had a bizarro feel to it, the opposite of what you would expect seemed to happen:
    1. I mean, if Im not wrong, Ashton Youboty had the best night out of any player. He want from a useless pile of crap to a play maker in one game? It will take more than a preseason game to convince me.
    2. And Losman was better than Edwards. Please dont hijack this thread with Losman garbage, its a preseason game and Edwards is our starter. PERIOD!
    3. Poz had probably the worst night out of anyone, he was constantly out of position and looked pretty clueless. I think he may be still much greener than we thought he would be.

I really think Jauron has been giving it pretty easy to these guys and it showed on the field. They didnt have much snap, much hard hitting, toughness at all. They looked overwhelmed by game day speed.

Im really, really glad we have James Hardy! That guy is going to make alot of plays for us.

Whether he should be able to or not due to his size, Roscoe Parrish can play the game of football.

This was pretty much a C+ and not a D or F only because we made some encouraging plays at times, but they were very few and far between.

Its preseason, these games are meant to knock the rust off. We shoiwed we need more games before we are ready to play it for real... better luck next game.

• SABuffalo786
    • Feb 2003

Re: Double E's preseason game comments

I'm dumbfounded by people who are saying Poz looked terrible. He was everywhere the ball was.
    "Do me a favor, say a prayer for brother Timmy. And tip a cold one. Go Bills." - Tom Brokaw

We are the Rockpile
    We are the Rockpile
    We are the Rockpile
    BUFF-A-LO

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by EdwardsEra
      Im really, really glad we have James Hardy! That guy is going to make alot of plays for us.

If you're gonna base it on last sundays performance, he may drop a lot of balls for us too.
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Jaybird
        • Dec 2005

do you guys really care that much about a pre season game?

Comment

• X-Era
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Skooby
          Last Saturday night is calling, it's wants it's news back.
          Gosh Im sorry. I have been camping all weekend and had no access to a computer.

This was my first chance to post what I saw.

I feel really bad that you had to read a post about something Bills related that happened a few days ago.

Maybe the title about it being comments on the preseason game was tricky for you and you didnt know what the content might be when I gave the post that title.

Again, I'm exceedingly regretful that you had to waste all that time reading this.

Maybe I could give you some rep to make it all worth your while.

Comment

• X-Era
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by justasportsfan
            If you're gonna base it on last sundays performance, he may drop a lot of balls for us too.
            Its possible.

Comment

• X-Era
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by SABuffalo786
              I'm dumbfounded by people who are saying Poz looked terrible. He was everywhere the ball was.
              He was torched on one running play where he over committed, he was blown back several times, and often was chasing down plays from behind rather than blowing up into the holes.

Comment

• X-Era
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Skooby
                or better yet, lump this under the I want to complain about the useless preseason game thread. Then I'll rep you.
                It wasn't meant to be a senseless *****-fest. I think I gave you equally positive and negative content.

Afterall, you get what you pay for.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Jaybird
                  do you guys really care that much about a pre season game?
                  We care about winning. And we care about the preseason game because nothing happened in it that suggests we can win.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• raphael120
                    Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
                    • Oct 2005

Lesse...last seasons team got us to 7-9.

This team, thus far, looks EXACTLY the same, (worse even without Peters) as last season.

No longer are Miami and the Jets pushovers. I would not be surprised at all if we have yet another 7-9 season. And if thats the case, I say bye bye to Jauron and I tell Toronto they can have this team and good luck.

Comment

• mysticsoto
                      Too sober for this...
                      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by raphael120
                      Lesse...last seasons team got us to 7-9.

This team, thus far, looks EXACTLY the same, (worse even without Peters) as last season.

No longer are Miami and the Jets pushovers. I would not be surprised at all if we have yet another 7-9 season. And if thats the case, I say bye bye to Jauron and I tell Toronto they can have this team and good luck.
                      Well, keep in mind we also don't have to face, Dallas or the Giants which are powerhouses in the NFC...oh, and we almost beat Dallas last year!!!

Comment

• raphael120
                        Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
                        • Oct 2005

Originally posted by mysticsoto
                        Well, keep in mind we also don't have to face, Dallas or the Giants which are powerhouses in the NFC...oh, and we almost beat Dallas last year!!!
                        The Cowboy game was as lucky as they come, and we still lost. And we almost won the Superbowl. Almost will get you a big bag full of jack ****.

Comment

• mysticsoto
                          Too sober for this...
                          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by raphael120
                          The Cowboy game was as lucky as they come, and we still lost. And we almost won the Superbowl. Almost will get you a big bag full of jack ****.
                          'Almost' shows we can compete at that level...we just need to get our shee-at together!

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by mysticsoto
                            'Almost' shows we can compete at that level...we just need to get our shee-at together!
                            We can't though. Of the playoff teams we played, we ALMOST (but didn't) beat Dallas, we beat Washington only after the Taylor situation, and we got destroyed by NE (twice), Pittsburgh, the Giants and the Jaguars. So we were 1-6 overall and 2-5 when it comes to being "competitive."

So, we can't compete at that level.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• mysticsoto
                              Too sober for this...
                              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37
                              We can't though. Of the playoff teams we played, we ALMOST (but didn't) beat Dallas, we beat Washington only after the Taylor situation, and we got destroyed by NE (twice), Pittsburgh, the Giants and the Jaguars. So we were 1-6 overall and 2-5 when it comes to being "competitive."

So, we can't compete at that level.
                              NE and the Giants went to the superbowl, so I don't feel bad losing to them. Jaguars and Pitts were tough also. The only way we can win is when this defense is doing what it is designed to do - generate turnovers. Sadly, if a team is pretty careful, they can avoid that and beat us b'cse our offense can't do much (atleast as of yet).

It's one of the reasons I'm not really a fan of the cover 2. And yet, we've invested so much in it, that to move away now would send us a few years backwards!

Comment

Working...
                              X