PDA

View Full Version : Double E's preseason game comments

X-Era
08-11-2008, 11:25 AM
I think I can say for everyone that we weren't blown away by our teams performance.

The D was gashed over and over, and the 1st team O was non-effective.

It had a bizarro feel to it, the opposite of what you would expect seemed to happen:
1. I mean, if Im not wrong, Ashton Youboty had the best night out of any player. He want from a useless pile of crap to a play maker in one game? It will take more than a preseason game to convince me.
2. And Losman was better than Edwards. Please dont hijack this thread with Losman garbage, its a preseason game and Edwards is our starter. PERIOD!
3. Poz had probably the worst night out of anyone, he was constantly out of position and looked pretty clueless. I think he may be still much greener than we thought he would be.

I really think Jauron has been giving it pretty easy to these guys and it showed on the field. They didnt have much snap, much hard hitting, toughness at all. They looked overwhelmed by game day speed.

Im really, really glad we have James Hardy! That guy is going to make alot of plays for us.

Whether he should be able to or not due to his size, Roscoe Parrish can play the game of football.

This was pretty much a C+ and not a D or F only because we made some encouraging plays at times, but they were very few and far between.

Its preseason, these games are meant to knock the rust off. We shoiwed we need more games before we are ready to play it for real... better luck next game.

SABuffalo786
08-11-2008, 01:21 PM
I'm dumbfounded by people who are saying Poz looked terrible. He was everywhere the ball was.

justasportsfan
08-11-2008, 01:23 PM
Im really, really glad we have James Hardy! That guy is going to make alot of plays for us.

If you're gonna base it on last sundays performance, he may drop a lot of balls for us too.

Jaybird
08-11-2008, 01:40 PM
do you guys really care that much about a pre season game?

X-Era
08-11-2008, 01:57 PM
Last Saturday night is calling, it's wants it's news back.

Gosh Im sorry. I have been camping all weekend and had no access to a computer.

This was my first chance to post what I saw.

I feel really bad that you had to read a post about something Bills related that happened a few days ago.

Maybe the title about it being comments on the preseason game was tricky for you and you didnt know what the content might be when I gave the post that title.

Again, I'm exceedingly regretful that you had to waste all that time reading this.

Maybe I could give you some rep to make it all worth your while.

:rolleyes:

X-Era
08-11-2008, 01:58 PM
If you're gonna base it on last sundays performance, he may drop a lot of balls for us too.

Its possible.

X-Era
08-11-2008, 01:59 PM
I'm dumbfounded by people who are saying Poz looked terrible. He was everywhere the ball was.

He was torched on one running play where he over committed, he was blown back several times, and often was chasing down plays from behind rather than blowing up into the holes.

X-Era
08-11-2008, 02:02 PM
or better yet, lump this under the I want to complain about the useless preseason game thread. Then I'll rep you.

It wasn't meant to be a senseless *****-fest. I think I gave you equally positive and negative content.

Afterall, you get what you pay for.

OpIv37
08-11-2008, 02:06 PM
do you guys really care that much about a pre season game?

We care about winning. And we care about the preseason game because nothing happened in it that suggests we can win.

raphael120
08-11-2008, 02:23 PM
Lesse...last seasons team got us to 7-9.

This team, thus far, looks EXACTLY the same, (worse even without Peters) as last season.

No longer are Miami and the Jets pushovers. I would not be surprised at all if we have yet another 7-9 season. And if thats the case, I say bye bye to Jauron and I tell Toronto they can have this team and good luck.

mysticsoto
08-11-2008, 02:26 PM
Lesse...last seasons team got us to 7-9.

This team, thus far, looks EXACTLY the same, (worse even without Peters) as last season.

No longer are Miami and the Jets pushovers. I would not be surprised at all if we have yet another 7-9 season. And if thats the case, I say bye bye to Jauron and I tell Toronto they can have this team and good luck.

Well, keep in mind we also don't have to face, Dallas or the Giants which are powerhouses in the NFC...oh, and we almost beat Dallas last year!!!

raphael120
08-11-2008, 03:03 PM
Well, keep in mind we also don't have to face, Dallas or the Giants which are powerhouses in the NFC...oh, and we almost beat Dallas last year!!!

The Cowboy game was as lucky as they come, and we still lost. And we almost won the Superbowl. Almost will get you a big bag full of jack ****.

mysticsoto
08-11-2008, 03:07 PM
The Cowboy game was as lucky as they come, and we still lost. And we almost won the Superbowl. Almost will get you a big bag full of jack ****.

'Almost' shows we can compete at that level...we just need to get our shee-at together!

OpIv37
08-11-2008, 03:10 PM
'Almost' shows we can compete at that level...we just need to get our shee-at together!

We can't though. Of the playoff teams we played, we ALMOST (but didn't) beat Dallas, we beat Washington only after the Taylor situation, and we got destroyed by NE (twice), Pittsburgh, the Giants and the Jaguars. So we were 1-6 overall and 2-5 when it comes to being "competitive."

So, we can't compete at that level.

mysticsoto
08-11-2008, 03:24 PM
We can't though. Of the playoff teams we played, we ALMOST (but didn't) beat Dallas, we beat Washington only after the Taylor situation, and we got destroyed by NE (twice), Pittsburgh, the Giants and the Jaguars. So we were 1-6 overall and 2-5 when it comes to being "competitive."

So, we can't compete at that level.

NE and the Giants went to the superbowl, so I don't feel bad losing to them. Jaguars and Pitts were tough also. The only way we can win is when this defense is doing what it is designed to do - generate turnovers. Sadly, if a team is pretty careful, they can avoid that and beat us b'cse our offense can't do much (atleast as of yet).

It's one of the reasons I'm not really a fan of the cover 2. And yet, we've invested so much in it, that to move away now would send us a few years backwards!

OpIv37
08-11-2008, 03:29 PM
It's one of the reasons I'm not really a fan of the cover 2. And yet, we've invested so much in it, that to move away now would send us a few years backwards!

And that's the whole reason why this team is where it is- they never get the tools to fully commit for at least the last 8 years or so.

We get a statue-esque QB in Bledsoe but never get him an OL that was worth a damn. We give up Larry Centers for Sam Gash but Gilbride runs the same worthless pass-happy offense. We get a mobile QB in Losman but an overly conservative OC in Fairchild who won't let him use his speed. We bring in Cover 2 defensive coaches but don't get the pass rush to make it work.

And after a few years of it not working, everyone gets fired and the whole cycle starts over. Sooner or later, this team has to commit to something and just spend whatever it takes to make it work.

Oaf
08-11-2008, 03:41 PM
3. Poz had probably the worst night out of anyone, he was constantly out of position and looked pretty clueless. I think he may be still much greener than we thought he would be.

I completely disagree on this one. The rest of your post was pretty much common ground with everyone, but I thought Pozluzny did a very respectable job for the night. You must have missed the play where he knifed through on a stretch play and got Portis for no gain. The 4th and Goal play was more on Mitchell if you take another look as well.

PECKERWOOD
08-12-2008, 05:38 AM
Good post but when I see Double E, I think Earthquake Enyart. On topic, I'm not sure what people expected out of one preseason game. If we would have blown Washington out the negative nancy's here would be saying: "relax it's only preseason, we still haven't done it while it counts." I actually saw alot of hope. I focused on individual players versus the overall outcome of the game. Stroud, Mitchell, McKelvin, Corner, Youboty, Hardy, Parrish, Jackson, Ellis and DiGorgio all looked solid if you ask me. The sky is not falling!! The first preseason game is over and my goals are still realistic for this team. I still think that 8-10 wins is surmountable, especially if Peters gets his ass in here on time.

X-Era
08-12-2008, 06:16 AM
Good post but when I see Double E, I think Earthquake Enyart. On topic, I'm not sure what people expected out of one preseason game. If we would have blown Washington out the negative nancy's here would be saying: "relax it's only preseason, we still haven't done it while it counts." I actually saw alot of hope. I focused on individual players versus the overall outcome of the game. Stroud, Mitchell, McKelvin, Corner, Youboty, Hardy, Parrish, Jackson, Ellis and DiGorgio all looked solid if you ask me. The sky is not falling!! The first preseason game is over and my goals are still realistic for this team. I still think that 8-10 wins is surmountable, especially if Peters gets his ass in here on time.

I think I worry about the Peters situation at least once per day.

The sky is definitely not falling.

Win or loss on these games is meaningless. The part that is troublesome is the lack of overall effectiveness of the first units. Thats concerning. I hope Jauron plays the starters for 1 and a half quarters or the first half. Id like to see them build consistency and sustained drives on O and have a few 3 and outs on D.