PDA

View Full Version : We need to sign a Vet for Offensive Tackle Help...

bigbub2352
08-11-2008, 11:34 AM
I watched the entire game on Saturday and the scariest thing was watching Kirk Chambers as a starter, i am not panicking about Peters i think it will get done, but what i am panicking about is simple we better not hope one of our Starters goes down cause Chambers Murphy and Estes just doesnt cut it

i like what i have seen in Demetrius Bell he is a hell of a find for a 7th rd pick, and he will get better and stronger and could actually develop into a starter someday for us, he has that much potential

But Chambers plays so stiff and looks very over matched o nthe right side, and this wont change, we need to go after a Whittle type to right the ship look how valuable Marcus Price was for us a few years ago

Sign a vet OBD we will all feel better!

Mitchell55
08-11-2008, 11:40 AM
I watched the entire game on Saturday and the scariest thing was watching Kirk Chambers as a starter, i am not panicking about Peters i think it will get done, but what i am panicking about is simple we better not hope one of our Starters goes down cause Chambers Murphy and Estes just doesnt cut it

i like what i have seen in denetrius Bell he is a hell of a find for a 7th rd pick, and he will get better and stronger and could actually develop into a starter someday for us, he has that much potential

But Chambers plays so stiff and looks very over matched o nthe right side, and this wont change, we need to go after a Whittle type to right the ship look how valuable Marcus Price was for us a few years ago

Sign a vet OBD we will all feel better!

How about JP Losman, Reed, and a 6th to Minnesota for Ryan Cook and Gus Frerotte. Would that be a good deal. Maybe take out the 6th.

Pinkerton Security
08-11-2008, 11:46 AM
or better yet, PAY JASON PETERS. IM BEGGING.

yordad
08-11-2008, 11:48 AM
lol, who? What vet?

bigbub2352
08-11-2008, 12:07 PM
Wow guys better touch up on the reading comprehension skills

I am talking about signing a vet for depth not someone to start

I dont want kirk chambers to be our emergency starter after we sign Peters to an 7yr 56mil deal,

My point on this thread is that we need to watch the waiver wire closely and get someone in here who can actually block not some bum who has no business on this team in the BACKUP ROLE

bigbub2352
08-11-2008, 12:08 PM
How about JP Losman, Reed, and a 6th to Minnesota for Ryan Cook and Gus Frerotte. Would that be a good deal. Maybe take out the 6th.

We dont need to trade anyone just upgrade the depth behind our starters once Peters is in camp

Al the Bills Fan
08-11-2008, 12:10 PM
Is there anyone out there right now that looks appealing or do you think we pickup someone off of waivers?

bigbub2352
08-11-2008, 12:56 PM
Is there anyone out there right now that looks appealing or do you think we pickup someone off of waivers?

Not really i think we should be looking at cap casulaties, and the waiver wire, i just think this will be an alarming need if our starters were to go down

patmoran2006
08-11-2008, 12:58 PM
Wow guys better touch up on the reading comprehension skills

I am talking about signing a vet for depth not someone to start

I dont want kirk chambers to be our emergency starter after we sign Peters to an 7yr 56mil deal,

My point on this thread is that we need to watch the waiver wire closely and get someone in here who can actually block not some bum who has no business on this team in the BACKUP ROLE
aggravating that some people read what they want to read, isn't it?

ddaryl
08-11-2008, 12:59 PM
Peters is not holding out for the season, and I'm still pissed at him..

But overall the OL didn't give up many sacks, but their run blocking is as bad as last year.

OT that get put on waivers aren't the wisest choices for T help... nobody releases a talented, ready to play OT.

raphael120
08-11-2008, 01:06 PM
or, you know, we coulda signed some Olinemen in the draft instead of waiting til the 7th round.

nahh...lets draft 3 CBs, ANOTHER RB, and some TE that will never be anything more than a special teams guy.

bigbub2352
08-11-2008, 01:14 PM
or, you know, we coulda signed some Olinemen in the draft instead of waiting til the 7th round.

nahh...lets draft 3 CBs, ANOTHER RB, and some TE that will never be anything more than a special teams guy.

Couldnt agree more my friend, We should have come out of the draft wit ha C, and 2 OTs we proally would have been able to get Corner Fine both in the 7th round, and Alvin Bowen wasnt a high value pick in rd 5 either

Omon looks like a wasted pick as well, we could have gotten in a vet RB to backup Fred jackson and MLynch

I am still not a fan of McKlevin either at 11, we got two of the best returners in the game and that is his value, cause at 5ft 10 180lbs we will never be a dominant CB, plus he looks and sounds real smart and right now a kid out of Akron is outplaying him

We went after a ton of DLine help and no OLine help makes no sense

we will struggle to run the ball this year cause of Fowler he could have been replaced by a draft pick

bigbub2352
08-11-2008, 01:16 PM
Peters is not holding out for the season, and I'm still pissed at him..

But overall the OL didn't give up many sacks, but their run blocking is as bad as last year.

OT that get put on waivers aren't the wisest choices for T help... nobody releases a talented, ready to play OT.

Again not talking about a starter, read the other quotes i wrote already please...

bigbub2352
08-11-2008, 01:16 PM
aggravating that some people read what they want to read, isn't it?

It sure is...... it sure is

Mitchell55
08-11-2008, 01:17 PM
Couldnt agree more my friend, We should have come out of the draft wit ha C, and 2 OTs we proally would have been able to get Corner Fine both in the 7th round, and Alvin Bowen wasnt a high value pick in rd 5 either

Omon looks like a wasted pick as well, we could have gotten in a vet RB to backup Fred jackson and MLynch

I am still not a fan of McKlevin either at 11, we got two of the best returners in the game and that is his value, cause at 5ft 10 180lbs we will never be a dominant CB, plus he looks and sounds real smart and right now a kid out of Akron is outplaying him

we will struggle to run the ball this year cause of Fowler he could have been replaced by a draft pick

Well Lecharles Bentley is in FA. Why not bring him. Hes not bad at all. Maybe also Anthony Clement. Those 2 would bring alot of expierence, depth, and maybe starters to our team.

bigbub2352
08-11-2008, 01:19 PM
Well Lecharles Bentley is in FA. Why not bring him. Hes not bad at all. Maybe also Anthony Clement. Those 2 would bring alot of expierence, depth, and maybe starters to our team.

i agree alot with the LeCharles Bently thing, but his injuries and the fact nobody picked him up means they are probably linguering, we need to take the best C in next years draft on Day 1, and TE in rd 1 that fills holes

Give Peters his deal and then we are a solid group

But we need to pick up a VET to back them up Kirk Chambers and Matt Murphy sorry doesnt cut it

justasportsfan
08-11-2008, 01:21 PM
Isn't Chambers a vet?

Mitchell55
08-11-2008, 01:22 PM
i agree alot with the LeCharles Bently thing, but his injuries and the fact nobody picked him up means they are probably linguering, we need to take the best C in next years draft on Day 1, and TE in rd 1 that fills holes

Give Peters his deal and then we are a solid group

But we need to pick up a VET to back them up Kirk Chambers and Matt Murphy sorry doesnt cut it

1. TE
2. DE
3. C
4. S
5. T
6. QB
7. G

We dont need a WR :D:

mysticsoto
08-11-2008, 01:28 PM

Well to be fair, only 1 OT was drafted in the 6th rd that might have been of worthy note to us and that was Barry Richardson, but he went to KC who drafted before us anyway...which would have meant drafting him in the 5th then which was maybe a bit high. I like Demetrious Bell. He may not be ready to contribute yet, but I have no doubt he will pass Chambers in the next year or two. I was hoping Matt Murphy was going to be further along than he is.

Breno Giacomi might have been an option in the 5th. But other than that, there weren't that many options available.

bigbub2352
08-11-2008, 01:36 PM
Well to be fair, only 1 OT was drafted in the 6th rd that might have been of worthy note to us and that was Barry Richardson, but he went to KC who drafted before us anyway...which would have meant drafting him in the 5th then which was maybe a bit high. I like Demetrious Bell. He may not be ready to contribute yet, but I have no doubt he will pass Chambers in the next year or two. I was hoping Matt Murphy was going to be further along than he is.

Breno Giacomi might have been an option in the 5th. But other than that, there weren't that many options available.

I was talkin using one of our 4th rounders on 1, we could have gotten FIne or Corner later, as well as Bowen

bigbub2352
08-11-2008, 01:37 PM
Isn't Chambers a vet?

A former 6th round pick who was cut from the Browns, and he was only in the league since 2006, i am talking about someone like Marcus Price a vet who has starting exp, not someone elses camp fodder which is what Chambers was

raphael120
08-11-2008, 01:42 PM
A former 6th round pick who was cut from the Browns, and he was only in the league since 2006, i am talking about someone like Marcus Price a vet who has starting exp, not someone elses camp fodder which is what Chambers was

Seems like most of our Olinemen backups are camp fodder.

bigbub2352
08-11-2008, 01:54 PM
Seems like most of our Olinemen backups are camp fodder.

Yep sure are especially the Matt Murphy joke, get a real lineman in here please

mysticsoto
08-11-2008, 02:04 PM
I was talkin using one of our 4th rounders on 1, we could have gotten FIne or Corner later, as well as Bowen

The Bills were clearly thinking of STs in the 4th when they grabbed those prospects. Corner looks like he was a steal for where we got him, so I'm not going to complain about him. But I understand what you are saying. At the same time, consider their pt of view...we lost Aiken and Wire in the offseason and needed to replenish players on STs. Hindsight is 20/20, but who knew that Peters would be holding out 4 months ago? And even if they grabbed a higher ranked tackle than Bell, there's no guarantee they would be anymore ready than he is at this point.

clumping platelets
08-11-2008, 02:49 PM
:popcorn:

bigbub2352
08-11-2008, 03:24 PM
The Bills were clearly thinking of STs in the 4th when they grabbed those prospects. Corner looks like he was a steal for where we got him, so I'm not going to complain about him. But I understand what you are saying. At the same time, consider their pt of view...we lost Aiken and Wire in the offseason and needed to replenish players on STs. Hindsight is 20/20, but who knew that Peters would be holding out 4 months ago? And even if they grabbed a higher ranked tackle than Bell, there's no guarantee they would be anymore ready than he is at this point.

I dont mind the picks so much as were they were taken, i doubt anyone had Fine or Corner on there radar they could have been taken in the 7th round is what i am saying, Bell looks very good for a 7th round pick, ST players can be found as UDFAs or other teams camp fodder just like we found Haggan a 7th round pick, Stamer a UDFA from another team, etc.

Just sayin we need to get someone in here better than Chambers, Estes, Murphy cause we r in trouble if one of the tackles go down

Ronald Hinckleberry
08-11-2008, 06:43 PM
What about Center?

This Fowler character couldn't block a mexican trying to cross the Arizona border!

The Jokeman
08-11-2008, 06:51 PM
What about Center?

This Fowler character couldn't block a mexican trying to cross the Arizona border!
Like All Pro Centers and Tackles will be available this time of year. I'd for one welcome a veteran to compete with the current crop of tackles we have on this team. I'm hoping San Fran cuts Jonas Jennings as would welcome him a stopgap if can't Peters to return anytime soon. As the only notable veteran OT I've seen available is Nat Dorsey, who ironically was traded for Fowler, but he's been a right OT throughout most of his career.

John Doe
08-11-2008, 07:58 PM

Personally, I would be a lot more afraid of going into the season with 3 mid to low round rookie offensive linemen than I am of our current situation.

Fowler is a weakness to be sure, but I don't think that pinning all of our hopes on blindly throwing some 4th or 5th round rookie center into the fray is a viable answer.

As far as possibly picking up Fine or Corner in the 7th - they have not performed like 7th rounders so far from what I have read. Maybe these two would have been drafted much higher than you think.

And...McKelvin helping out a returner seems like a good idea right now. I think that Parrish is going to get a lot more work on offense this season and will need some time off from return duties. McGee will need some breathers there too.

bigbub2352
08-12-2008, 08:57 AM
Personally, I would be a lot more afraid of going into the season with 3 mid to low round rookie offensive linemen than I am of our current situation.

Fowler is a weakness to be sure, but I don't think that pinning all of our hopes on blindly throwing some 4th or 5th round rookie center into the fray is a viable answer.

As far as possibly picking up Fine or Corner in the 7th - they have not performed like 7th rounders so far from what I have read. Maybe these two would have been drafted much higher than you think.

And...McKelvin helping out a returner seems like a good idea right now. I think that Parrish is going to get a lot more work on offense this season and will need some time off from return duties. McGee will need some breathers there too.

Well i will start with due to even more injuries to DJ's pussy camp we are now down to bum OTs and need depth more than ever so this thread was dead on!

As per ur comment about Corner, he wasnt even invited to the NFL scoutig combine, and FIne was rated a UDFA by every draft niche as a UDFA and nobody new who he was when we took him,

Am i saying they are bad picks no, i am saying they were bad picks, but they were poor value picks for sure, as was Alvin Bowen who wasnt rated higher than a 6-7rd grade,

To waste a 11th pick a corner who can barely say his name and has struggled horribly in camp and also playing cb, and not to mention he is tiny and having a player like DRC there who is lighting it up in AZ i think we made the wrong decision

Parrish's role can be expanded and he would still be fine to return punts, guys do it all over the league, as for McGee i can see getting him some help but u can find returners in the draft later than the 11th pick McKlevin is too small to be a top flight CB, he will always be limited by his size and he is nowhere near the tackler Winfeild was, plus he has stone hands

I am saying we should have been looking at C in FA or the Draft, same with OT they should have not signed piss poor Murphy and gone after a vet to be primary backup to our chocolate bohemoths

mysticsoto
08-12-2008, 09:02 AM
I dont mind the picks so much as were they were taken, i doubt anyone had Fine or Corner on there radar they could have been taken in the 7th round is what i am saying, Bell looks very good for a 7th round pick, ST players can be found as UDFAs or other teams camp fodder just like we found Haggan a 7th round pick, Stamer a UDFA from another team, etc.

Just sayin we need to get someone in here better than Chambers, Estes, Murphy cause we r in trouble if one of the tackles go down

Jinx!!!!!!

User Manuel
08-12-2008, 09:06 AM
Tony Mandarich available? Or is he dead?

bigbub2352
08-12-2008, 11:09 AM

i think steriods make u deaf lol

Ickybaluky
08-12-2008, 11:31 AM

He started his own modeling agency.

Really. (http://www.mandarichmodels.com/)