Which style is better to lose with? JPs panicky style or Trent's methodical way?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blackonyx89
    HI I AM A FREAKING LIONS FAN
    • Mar 2005

Which style is better to lose with? JPs panicky style or Trent's methodical way?

To be honest, JP's! I know he's not going to be her next year, but I'd rather deal with his panicky reckless style than Trent's Captain Checkdown style which at times can be tedious. I'm not 100% on the J.P. bandwagon, but watching Trent analytical style of playing wants to pull my hair out! If you're going down, go with a blaze of glory, not a whimper. Your take?
    Let's Go Bills, make it happen!!!
  • Mitchell55
    only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
    • Feb 2008

Re: Which style is better to lose with? Jp's panicky style or Trent's methodical way?

Originally posted by blackonyx89
    To be honest, JP's! I know he's not going to be her next year, but I'd rather deal with his panicky reckless style than Trent's Captain Checkdown style which at times can be tedious. I'm not 100% on the J.P. bandwagon, but watching Trent analytical style of playing wants to pull my hair out! If you're going down, go with a blaze of glory, not a whimper. Your take?

Id rather not lose at all. In other words, play Trent Edwards.

Comment

• yordad
      • Dec 2007

Re: Which style is better to lose with? Jp's panicky style or Trent's methodical way?

I would rather win, so I would rather start JP. If we are going to lose, I prefer to play QB myself.
      Last edited by yordad; 08-12-2008, 12:04 AM.
      "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

Re: Which style is better? JPs panicky style or Trent's methodical way?

C) Neither
        COMING SOON...
        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• RedEyE
          • Jul 2002

Re: Which style is better to lose with? JPs panicky style or Trent's methodical way?

Comment

• acehole
            • Jan 2006

Re: Which style is better to lose with? JPs panicky style or Trent's methodical way?

Your question is flawed and you know it.
            Hated by the stupid..
            Loved by their moms.

Comment

• blackonyx89
              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by RedEyE

Must resist the urge to hit the BIG CANDY RED BUTTON!!! OOOOOOOO! LOL! (Animaniacs).

Last edited by blackonyx89; 08-11-2008, 12:23 PM.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                • Feb 2005

To answer your question... JP... IMO.

To elaborate on your question... I don't think we have to lose. JP's talent set is far better suited to take advantage of the O weapons we've acquired (Hardy, Fine, Johnson, Anderson)... IMO.

Comment

• blackonyx89
                  • Mar 2005

Originally posted by draz54
                  To answer your question... JP... IMO.

To elaborate on your question... I don't think we have to lose. JP's talent set is far better suited to take advantage of the O weapons we've acquired (Hardy, Fine, Johnson, Anderson)... IMO.
                  And it will be wasted if Turk doesn't maximize the potential explosiveness of these players and I hate to say it, JP can do more with this than Trent. Turk needs to pull his head out of
                  Fairchild's butt and get this offense in gear!!!!!
                  Last edited by blackonyx89; 08-11-2008, 12:42 PM.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

JP takes chances with his wr's. Trent plays it safe. Not saying Trent will not learn to take chances or that JP can't learn to checkdown.

IMO, Trent checks down because he had a horrible OL in college. Same with JP but he was allowed to run with the ball which is why he keeps moving his feet in the pocket. Obviously wants to move with the ball. He wouldn't look so panicy if he was allowed to play his game.

Hard to say but the wrs most likely like it when their qb trusts them to make plays.
                    sacrifice1
                    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                      Unreachable Douche
                      • Jul 2002

With JP starting the last 3 years: Bills 10-21
                      With someone else starting the last 3 years: Bills 9-8

Sorry but JP's "panicky" style does not win ball games.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                        With JP starting the last 3 years: Bills 10-21
                        With someone else startingthe last 3 years: Bills 9-8

Sorry but JP's "panicky" style does not win ball games.
                        you're still blaming everything on JP. lol

Hey, how did you like it when he was moving the ball and controlled the clock better last sunday? Did you break anything at home?
                        sacrifice1

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                          Unreachable Douche
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan

Hey, how did you like it when he was moving the ball and controlled the clock better last sunday? Did you break anything at home?
                          Having a good drive in a meaningless pre-season game against a bunch of scrubs and players who will be out of football in a few weeks doesn't mean anything to me. As far as the Bills QB position goes, the Bills are ***ked.

JP has built his career on playing scrubs like Miami, Houston and Cincy. Glad to see nothing has changed.

Comment

• ddaryl
                            Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                            • Jan 2005

I thught JP looked comfortable out there.

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                            JP takes chances with his wr's. Trent plays it safe. Not saying Trent will not learn to take chances or that JP can't learn to checkdown.

JP threw 2 screen passes, and that use to be his achilles heal.

JP also trusts his WR's to fight for the ball. Trent needs to find the open guy.

Compared to early years I thought JP was a bit different as QB against Wash., like getting pushed back to backup is the fire he needed under his ass... Some player respond better when they have ot fight for it. Also as much as I understand why the Bills are going with Trent early on, I still believe JP can develope.. some QB's just take longer.

However I still fear JP's bad habits are still there and he'll revert.. but that is bane and he needs to work it out and prove he's gotten over many of those nervous habits.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ddaryl
                              I thught JP looked comfortable out there.

JP threw 2 screen passes, and that use to be his achilles heal.

JP also trusts his WR's to fight for the ball. Trent needs to find the open guy.

Compared to early years I thought JP was a bit different as QB against Wash., like getting pushed back to backup is the fire he needed under his ass... Some player respond better when they have ot fight for it. Also as much as I understand why the Bills are going with Trent early on, I still believe JP can develope.. some QB's just take longer.

However I still fear JP's bad habits are still there and he'll revert.. but that is bane and he needs to work it out and prove he's gotten over many of those nervous habits.

I thought he did fine. BUt just like my criticism of Trent with his long ball, JP has to do it consistently.
                              sacrifice1

Comment

Working...
                              X