PDA

View Full Version : Which style is better to lose with? JPs panicky style or Trent's methodical way?

blackonyx89
08-11-2008, 11:58 AM
To be honest, JP's! I know he's not going to be her next year, but I'd rather deal with his panicky reckless style than Trent's Captain Checkdown style which at times can be tedious. I'm not 100% on the J.P. bandwagon, but watching Trent analytical style of playing wants to pull my hair out! If you're going down, go with a blaze of glory, not a whimper. Your take?

Mitchell55
08-11-2008, 12:00 PM
To be honest, JP's! I know he's not going to be her next year, but I'd rather deal with his panicky reckless style than Trent's Captain Checkdown style which at times can be tedious. I'm not 100% on the J.P. bandwagon, but watching Trent analytical style of playing wants to pull my hair out! If you're going down, go with a blaze of glory, not a whimper. Your take?

Id rather not lose at all. In other words, play Trent Edwards.

yordad
08-11-2008, 12:00 PM
I would rather win, so I would rather start JP. If we are going to lose, I prefer to play QB myself.

DraftBoy
08-11-2008, 12:01 PM
C) Neither

RedEyE
08-11-2008, 12:03 PM
http://regmedia.co.uk/2007/06/27/usb_panic_1.png

acehole
08-11-2008, 12:05 PM

Your question is flawed and you know it.

blackonyx89
08-11-2008, 12:07 PM
http://regmedia.co.uk/2007/06/27/usb_panic_1.png

Must resist the urge to hit the BIG CANDY RED BUTTON!!! OOOOOOOO! LOL! (Animaniacs).

:D: :D: :D:

Yasgur's Farm
08-11-2008, 12:16 PM
To answer your question... JP... IMO.

To elaborate on your question... I don't think we have to lose. JP's talent set is far better suited to take advantage of the O weapons we've acquired (Hardy, Fine, Johnson, Anderson)... IMO.

blackonyx89
08-11-2008, 12:20 PM

To elaborate on your question... I don't think we have to lose. JP's talent set is far better suited to take advantage of the O weapons we've acquired (Hardy, Fine, Johnson, Anderson)... IMO.

And it will be wasted if Turk doesn't maximize the potential explosiveness of these players and I hate to say it, JP can do more with this than Trent. Turk needs to pull his head out of
Fairchild's butt and get this offense in gear!!!!!

justasportsfan
08-11-2008, 12:42 PM
JP takes chances with his wr's. Trent plays it safe. Not saying Trent will not learn to take chances or that JP can't learn to checkdown.

IMO, Trent checks down because he had a horrible OL in college. Same with JP but he was allowed to run with the ball which is why he keeps moving his feet in the pocket. Obviously wants to move with the ball. He wouldn't look so panicy if he was allowed to play his game.

Hard to say but the wrs most likely like it when their qb trusts them to make plays.

TacklingDummy
08-11-2008, 12:46 PM

With JP starting the last 3 years: Bills 10-21
With someone else starting the last 3 years: Bills 9-8

Sorry but JP's "panicky" style does not win ball games.

justasportsfan
08-11-2008, 12:47 PM
With someone else startingthe last 3 years: Bills 9-8

you're still blaming everything on JP. lol

Hey, how did you like it when he was moving the ball and controlled the clock better last sunday? Did you break anything at home?

TacklingDummy
08-11-2008, 12:51 PM
Hey, how did you like it when he was moving the ball and controlled the clock better last sunday? Did you break anything at home?

Having a good drive in a meaningless pre-season game against a bunch of scrubs and players who will be out of football in a few weeks doesn't mean anything to me. As far as the Bills QB position goes, the Bills are ***ked.

JP has built his career on playing scrubs like Miami, Houston and Cincy. Glad to see nothing has changed.

ddaryl
08-11-2008, 12:53 PM
I thught JP looked comfortable out there.

JP takes chances with his wr's. Trent plays it safe. Not saying Trent will not learn to take chances or that JP can't learn to checkdown.

JP threw 2 screen passes, and that use to be his achilles heal.

JP also trusts his WR's to fight for the ball. Trent needs to find the open guy.

Compared to early years I thought JP was a bit different as QB against Wash., like getting pushed back to backup is the fire he needed under his ass... Some player respond better when they have ot fight for it. Also as much as I understand why the Bills are going with Trent early on, I still believe JP can develope.. some QB's just take longer.

However I still fear JP's bad habits are still there and he'll revert.. but that is bane and he needs to work it out and prove he's gotten over many of those nervous habits.

justasportsfan
08-11-2008, 01:01 PM

JP also trusts his WR's to fight for the ball. Trent needs to find the open guy.

Compared to early years I thought JP was a bit different as QB against Wash., like getting pushed back to backup is the fire he needed under his ass... Some player respond better when they have ot fight for it. Also as much as I understand why the Bills are going with Trent early on, I still believe JP can develope.. some QB's just take longer.

However I still fear JP's bad habits are still there and he'll revert.. but that is bane and he needs to work it out and prove he's gotten over many of those nervous habits.

I thought he did fine. BUt just like my criticism of Trent with his long ball, JP has to do it consistently.

Mitchell55
08-11-2008, 01:01 PM

Every time JP is benched, he plays with fire in his next 1-2 games. He seems to always look like a HOF QB after being benched. But 3 games after it, he sucks again. Has anyone not realized that. When he was benched vs the Jets and came in, he looked great. The next few games, he sucked. When he was benched before the Cinci game, he came as starter vs Cinci, and was great. Then the next week at Jacksonville, he played his 2nd worst game. JP has always looked great after he was benched. He makes great decisions and plays with fire. But the week after, he is back to normal. If we announced JP the starter today, he would suck at Pittsburgh. Also, this is the last time I will say this, if we even think about benching Trent right now, then Dick would be screwing both are QBs. Everyone says we made a mistake at benching JP and not giving him a chance. If we bench Trent then we are not giving him a chance either.

justasportsfan
08-11-2008, 01:03 PM
Mlynch23 , nickelodeon is on in a few mins.

ddaryl
08-11-2008, 01:05 PM
I thought he did fine. BUt just like my criticism of Trent with his long ball, JP has to do it consistently.

I agree 100% which is why I am not jumping on the start JP now bandwagon...

He also wasn't playing against the skins top players, so I reserve to watch him be consistent all preseason before I will really start thinking he might be getting better.

VeggieMan14
08-11-2008, 01:05 PM

:rofl:

ddaryl
08-11-2008, 01:06 PM
Every time JP is benched, he plays with fire in his next 1-2 games. He seems to always look like a HOF QB after being benched. But 3 games after it, he sucks again. Has anyone not realized that. When he was benched vs the Jets and came in, he looked great. The next few games, he sucked. When he was benched before the Cinci game, he came as starter vs Cinci, and was great. Then the next week at Jacksonville, he played his 2nd worst game. JP has always looked great after he was benched. He makes great decisions and plays with fire. But the week after, he is back to normal. If we announced JP the starter today, he would suck at Pittsburgh. Also, this is the last time I will say this, if we even think about benching Trent right now, then Dick would be screwing both are QBs. Everyone says we made a mistake at benching JP and not giving him a chance. If we bench Trent then we are not giving him a chance either.

I can't argue your thoughts... because I worry to, but that doesn't mean he doesn't mature more... Some people just get it sooner then others, some need to be slapped arounds a bunch before they get it..

Mitchell55
08-11-2008, 01:06 PM

The part of JP trusting his recievers is another way of saying, our recievers bail JP out all the time. The pass to parrish wasnt trusting him. It was a bad pass and stupid decision. Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, David Garrard, and Ben Roethlisberger never do that. They find a open reciever and gets it there. The thing about Trent is he can make the reciever open by were he throws it. Like on the pass to Roscoe. Trent wouldve probably put it 10 yards in front of roscoe. When JP threw the ball, it went right to roscoe. JP wouldve thrown the ball farther and Roscoe woulve caught up to it and scored. The big thing that you have to look at is the Redskins game. The pass to Reed. JP wouldve thrown a INT. Trent threw a laser perfectly. With Trent, you will get smarter decision making and accuracy. With JP you get a strong arm. Thats it.

Mitchell55
08-11-2008, 01:11 PM
I can't argue your thoughts... because I worry to, but that doesn't mean he doesn't mature more... Some people just get it sooner then others, some need to be slapped arounds a bunch before they get it..

Well he has been slapped around for 4 years. We will have to see him in about 4 games in a season to tell if hes actually changed. I hope that doesnt happen because that means TE injury.

Kenny
08-11-2008, 01:19 PM
I hope that doesnt happen because that means TE injury.

That, or we only get a combined 9points for the first 3 games.

shelby
08-11-2008, 01:49 PM
Mark this on your calendar, it's a first:

i agree with TDummy.

acehole
08-11-2008, 01:53 PM
The part of JP trusting his recievers is another way of saying, our recievers bail JP out all the time. The pass to parrish wasnt trusting him. It was a bad pass and stupid decision. Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, David Garrard, and Ben Roethlisberger never do that. They find a open reciever and gets it there. The thing about Trent is he can make the reciever open by were he throws it. Like on the pass to Roscoe. Trent wouldve probably put it 10 yards in front of roscoe. When JP threw the ball, it went right to roscoe. JP wouldve thrown the ball farther and Roscoe woulve caught up to it and scored. The big thing that you have to look at is the Redskins game. The pass to Reed. JP wouldve thrown a INT. Trent threw a laser perfectly. With Trent, you will get smarter decision making and accuracy. With JP you get a strong arm. Thats it.

Fantasy land.

What you say does not exsist.

It is made up by everyone repeating it.

Trent is going to have a lot of balls batted.

The thing about checking down frequently is a low tragectory
on your passes ...zip or not.

The opposite is true...Trent did not lead parish enough on that play rewatch it.

Not only is JP more accurate with a stronger arm...he can move in the pocket and make plays on his feet......and yea TDs is what you get with JP...after all isnt that the point. The best example of this is the Jets game last year...you know the one Trend got credited with. Study the deffense of the Jets with both qb's and your answers will be there.

At no point in either of there careers has Trent out played JP.

If you want to point to records that is foolish because Lee Evans
and J Peters have the same ones and we are clamoring to resign them.

Trent was a loser in school.

Trent was injury in school and the pros.

Trent last year was the worst rated QB in the league.

Trent is having a bad camp.

Trents 1for5 in preseason.

And as the titanic sinks you are all says nothing means anything
..it is all good and this ship is unsinkable.

"Trent is a great QB....better then JP."

Is Trent a bust does he suck?

No he is what I said he was last year.
"A promising young prospect" Not ready to start and not better then JP.

Jp gives us the best chance to win....NOW.

I will stand by that until. JP is off this team.

or Trent proves otherwise.

So why dont you reword the Question to:

Jp's TD or TE FG's...or somthing based in reality.

I told you we shall see.

And we are seeing...but you are not beliving your own eye's.

Thursday.....cant wait!

SABURZFAN
08-11-2008, 04:38 PM
Id rather not lose at all. In other words, play Trent Edwards.

Edwards- 5-4 as a starter
Losman- 10- 21 as a starter

nuff said.

Mitchell55
08-11-2008, 04:38 PM
Fantasy land.

What you say does not exsist.

It is made up by everyone repeating it.

Trent is going to have a lot of balls batted.

The thing about checking down frequently is a low tragectory
on your passes ...zip or not.

The opposite is true...Trent did not lead parish enough on that play rewatch it.

Not only is JP more accurate with a stronger arm...he can move in the pocket and make plays on his feet......and yea TDs is what you get with JP...after all isnt that the point. The best example of this is the Jets game last year...you know the one Trend got credited with. Study the deffense of the Jets with both qb's and your answers will be there.

At no point in either of there careers has Trent out played JP.

If you want to point to records that is foolish because Lee Evans
and J Peters have the same ones and we are clamoring to resign them.

Trent was a loser in school.

Trent was injury in school and the pros.

Trent last year was the worst rated QB in the league.

Trent is having a bad camp.

Trents 1for5 in preseason.

And as the titanic sinks you are all says nothing means anything
..it is all good and this ship is unsinkable.

"Trent is a great QB....better then JP."

Is Trent a bust does he suck?

No he is what I said he was last year.
"A promising young prospect" Not ready to start and not better then JP.

Jp gives us the best chance to win....NOW.

I will stand by that until. JP is off this team.

or Trent proves otherwise.

So why dont you reword the Question to:

Jp's TD or TE FG's...or somthing based in reality.

I told you we shall see.

And we are seeing...but you are not beliving your own eye's.

Thursday.....cant wait!

That has to be the most annoying post ever. Not only the way you wrote it, but you never gave examples, stats, just you saying it. Trents only played in 1 season. He is already looking better than JP. JP is one of the most innacurate QBs in the league. Ask any non bills fan or analyst that. Joe Montana was also a loser in school to. JP always has balls batted down. What makes you think trent will. Redskins are the best team in the NFL at that. Trents only played 8 games. How can you say that Trents never outplayed him. Of course Trent hasnt outplayed JP. JP is having a bad camp. JP had almost the same amount of incompletions as Trent. Trent had 2 more that were dropped and batted down. JP played 8 games and was one of the worst QBs in the NFL. Trent was actually 30 in the NFL and he only played 9 games. I never mentioned the pass to parrish. Trent outplayed JP in 3-4 of JPs career. JP had 2 years of 8-9 starts. Trent had a better year both years. JP doesnt equal Trents TDs at all. 4 TDs last year in 8 games. JP had 2 of those 4 in the game vs Cincinatti, the worst PD team in the NFL. Another TD was one of the worst passes in his career. Either you have been watching JPs games blind folded, or you are madly in love with JP. Either way, Trents our starter, JPs our backup, and if JP does enough to win his job back, I will support JP.

SABURZFAN
08-11-2008, 04:39 PM
I would rather win, so I would rather start JP.

:roflmao:

SABURZFAN
08-11-2008, 04:43 PM

what a surprise........

so what you're saying is that they all run downfield 30-50 yards every play. no thanks.

SABURZFAN
08-11-2008, 04:46 PM
With someone else starting the last 3 years: Bills 9-8

:bf1:

thank you for posting the facts.

Mitchell55
08-11-2008, 04:49 PM
what a surprise........

so what you're saying is that they all run downfield 30-50 yards every play. no thanks.

I know. Our team is suited for Trent. We only have 1 deep threat. Evans. Roscoe isnt even a deep threat. Trents best plays are slants in and out, post patterns, and of course, dumping the ball to your TE and RB. JP has only 1 strength, deep ball. Johnson and hardy are slant recievers, Evans is deep and post reciever, our RBs and TEs can make a play off a dump pass, and Parrish can do screens and posts. Trent also can throw the long ball. He just doesnt do it because he knows its not how you win games. 5-10 yard passes are. You will never win a game with 70 yard passes each possession, but working the ball to your reciever, you can. Trent had 5 passes to 5 recievers, thats realy good. JP had 9 passes to 4 recievers.

acehole
08-11-2008, 04:51 PM
Edwards- 5-4 as a starter

nuff said.

J PEters 10 -21...cut him

L Evans 10 21 cut him.

If you think Trent is responable for those win (Except was last year)...you are out of your goard.

Nuff said.

acehole
08-11-2008, 04:52 PM
I know. Our team is suited for Trent. We only have 1 deep threat. Evans. Roscoe isnt even a deep threat. Trents best plays are slants in and out, post patterns, and of course, dumping the ball to your TE and RB. JP has only 1 strength, deep ball. Johnson and hardy are slant recievers, Evans is deep and post reciever, our RBs and TEs can make a play off a dump pass, and Parrish can do screens and posts. Trent also can throw the long ball. He just doesnt do it because he knows its not how you win games. 5-10 yard passes are. You will never win a game with 70 yard passes each possession, but working the ball to your reciever, you can. Trent had 5 passes to 5 recievers, thats realy good. JP had 9 passes to 4 recievers.

Roscoe isnt a deep threat?

you are sabur smoke before you post?

SABURZFAN
08-11-2008, 04:54 PM

L Evans 10 21 cut him.

If you think Trent is responable for those win (Except was last year)...you are out of your goard.

Nuff said.

then explain this...

other starting QB's in same timeframe- 9-8 as a starter

acehole
08-11-2008, 05:03 PM
Yea I thought the truth would do that.

Jp has a better qb rating = more accurate.

You people say the opposite of what the facts are.

Go look up trents record in school.

Go look up his injury history.

Go look up on NFL.com how he faired aginst all other qb's last year...

Educate yourself and look beyond wins and losses and beyond how he looked....
The facts point in another direction.

Montanna went on to prove somthing....

Trent has done nothing.

5-4?
Take away the jets..where he got injured and JP cleaned up his mess
and what do you have?

4-4....wow that is fantastic.

The defense won 2 more of those.

This is who we have layed our hopes?

Thursday is upon us.....I cant wait!

That has to be the most annoying post ever. Not only the way you wrote it, but you never gave examples, stats, just you saying it. Trents only played in 1 season. He is already looking better than JP. JP is one of the most innacurate QBs in the league. Ask any non bills fan or analyst that. Joe Montana was also a loser in school to. JP always has balls batted down. What makes you think trent will. Redskins are the best team in the NFL at that. Trents only played 8 games. How can you say that Trents never outplayed him. Of course Trent hasnt outplayed JP. JP is having a bad camp. JP had almost the same amount of incompletions as Trent. Trent had 2 more that were dropped and batted down. JP played 8 games and was one of the worst QBs in the NFL. Trent was actually 30 in the NFL and he only played 9 games. I never mentioned the pass to parrish. Trent outplayed JP in 3-4 of JPs career. JP had 2 years of 8-9 starts. Trent had a better year both years. JP doesnt equal Trents TDs at all. 4 TDs last year in 8 games. JP had 2 of those 4 in the game vs Cincinatti, the worst PD team in the NFL. Another TD was one of the worst passes in his career. Either you have been watching JPs games blind folded, or you are madly in love with JP. Either way, Trents our starter, JPs our backup, and if JP does enough to win his job back, I will support JP.

acehole
08-11-2008, 05:06 PM
then explain this...

other starting QB's in same timeframe- 9-8 as a starter

I cant.

10 + 21 = 31

9 + 8 = 17

How where all of those games played in the same time frame?

Can you explian it?

How about the original point? Should we cut Lee? Should we cut peters?
We are not aloud to look at individual performaces within games?

You are a silly person indeed.

acehole
08-11-2008, 05:08 PM

Ahh I got it!!

New name for our offense!!!!

The dump and run!!!

Lindel will have a great year for fantasy football!!!

SABURZFAN
08-11-2008, 05:17 PM
I cant.

10 + 21 = 31

9 + 8 = 17

Can you explian it?

How about the original point? Should we cut Lee? Should we cut peters?
We are not aloud to look at individual performaces within games?

You are a silly person indeed.

31 plus 17 equals 48.

48 divided by 16 equals 3. (as in years)

Evans and Peters have nothing to do with this so quit weaseling around the fact.

Mr. Pink
08-11-2008, 05:25 PM

L Evans 10 21 cut him.

Nuff said.

Both QBs last year had plenty of injuries to contend with all year long so we'll call it even on the injury front for both JPs starts and TEs...

Record under Trent 5-4
Record under JP 2-5

Who gives us the better chance to win again?

I forgot.

SABURZFAN
08-11-2008, 05:31 PM
Both QBs last year had plenty of injuries to contend with all year long so we'll call it even on the injury front for both JPs starts and TEs...

Record under Trent 5-4
Record under JP 2-5

I forgot.

he has no comeback for your post. JP's numbers don't favor his argument so he'll try to think up something cute to say. in other words, he punting on 1st down.

TacklingDummy
08-11-2008, 05:35 PM
5-4?
and what do you have?

4-4....wow that is fantastic.

Take away the Fins and Texans and JP record as starter is even more pathetic.

Thanks for using WYS logic.

TacklingDummy
08-11-2008, 05:37 PM
10 + 21 = 31

9 + 8 = 17

Yes, they were played the last 3 years. Only 1 more win in 14 more starts. Pathetic also.

Mr. Pink
08-11-2008, 05:38 PM

Just to humor ace, 4-4 is still better than 3-5!

SABURZFAN
08-11-2008, 05:38 PM

:roflmao:

Mitchell55
08-11-2008, 06:02 PM
Roscoe isnt a deep threat?

you are sabur smoke before you post?

He doesnt go deep at all. He had 1 deep pass all years (TE), and is better on slants and stuff like that, getting the ball and juking players.

TacklingDummy
08-11-2008, 06:04 PM
Just to humor ace, 4-4 is still better than 3-5!

Yes.

And 4-4 is still better than 10-21.

Oaf
08-11-2008, 06:04 PM
You're telling ME to give the kid a break? :chuckle:

Mitchell55
08-11-2008, 06:05 PM

L Evans 10 21 cut him.

Nuff said.

So all of Edwards wins were because of the team and all of Losmans wins were strickly losman.

TacklingDummy
08-11-2008, 06:06 PM
Rag Arms Holcomb and Edwards (9-8) have a better record as Bills starters than the rocket arm God Losman (10-21).

Yasgur's Farm
08-11-2008, 06:13 PM
what a surprise........

so what you're saying is that they all run downfield 30-50 yards every play. no thanks.Is that what happened Saturday?

Mitchell55
08-11-2008, 06:16 PM
Yea I thought the truth would do that. (it wasnt the truth, it was how you wrote it)

Jp has a better qb rating = more accurate. (yeah, Losman had a great year 2 years ago. If it werent for that it would be in the low 50s)

You people say the opposite of what the facts are. (we arent saying the opposite, you keep saying that and are not even saying what you mean)

Go look up trents record in school. WHO CARES

Go look up his injury history. WHO CARES

Go look up on NFL.com how he faired aginst all other qb's last year... (number 30 in yards, 29 YPG, 29 pct)

Educate yourself and look beyond wins and losses and beyond how he looked.... (I just did, Losman isnt in the top 33 in all stats)
The facts point in another direction.

Montanna went on to prove somthing.... (we havent seen if Trent can do the same so you got nothing there)

Trent has done nothing.(niether has JP)

5-4?
and what do you have? (5 minutes of action doesnt even get you a win in baseball. Also, evans won that game and you no it.)

4-4....wow that is fantastic. (still 5-4, JP never had a winning record

The defense won 2 more of those. (JP would be the worst QB in history if I did that with him)

This is who we have layed our hopes? (yes it is, get used to it or watch the team JP will be 3rd string for next year, the phins)

Thursday is upon us.....I cant wait! (Trent 3 TDs, JP well I hope he does well, hes our QB)

SABURZFAN
08-11-2008, 06:16 PM
Is that what happened Saturday?

i didn't see too many crisp passes, that's for sure.

Yasgur's Farm
08-11-2008, 06:19 PM
You also only saw 1 pass in the 30-50 yard range... That's 1 in 9 attempts. In fact, 2 of those attempts were screens, 1 was 5 yards over the middle, 2 others were 5 yards over the middle and dropped.

Just trying to keep it real here.

SABURZFAN
08-11-2008, 06:24 PM
You also only saw 1 pass in the 30-50 yard range... That's 1 in 9 attempts. In fact, 2 of those attempts were screens, 1 was 5 yards over the middle, 2 others were 5 yards over the middle and dropped.

Just trying to keep it real here.

keep that in mind before you start your next JP thread.

Yasgur's Farm
08-11-2008, 06:27 PM
I will... And you should keep that in mind the next time you wanna post a myth like all 30-50 yard passes.

yordad
08-11-2008, 06:27 PM

L Evans 10 21 cut him.

Nuff said.
The Bills were 0-3 with Poz. And 7-6 without him. He's a bust.

:clump:

Yasgur's Farm
08-11-2008, 06:28 PM
The Bills were 0-3 with Poz. And 7-6 without him. He's a bust.

:clump:Excellent point!

SABURZFAN
08-11-2008, 06:29 PM
Excellent point!

not even close. :rolleyes:

SABURZFAN
08-11-2008, 06:31 PM
I will... And you should keep that in mind the next time you wanna post a myth like all 30-50 yard passes.

what's the matter? it's ok when you Losman Lovers overexaggerate a point? it's a different story when the shoe is on the other foot, isn't it? :rolleyes:

acehole
08-11-2008, 06:32 PM
He doesnt go deep at all. He had 1 deep pass all years (TE), and is better on slants and stuff like that, getting the ball and juking players.

r parish is a deep threat.

acehole
08-11-2008, 06:34 PM
not even close. :rolleyes:

yes it is....because it is lazy and stupid not to look at how the actual player play....

this is your one string you play and it is out of tune

Mitchell55
08-11-2008, 06:34 PM
Ace, do you realize that no one bashed JP untill you bashed edwards. That shows how loyal JP fans are. As soon as the TD was thrown, there were threads from JP fans saying how great JP was. No one knocked him, alot of us were happy for him. But then you started making it seem like Trent sucks when he had a better year than most rookie QBs. JP lost his job fair and square, he will have to win his job back fair and square. In other words, if Trent has a few INTs, 0 TDs, and alot of incompletions, and JP has games like he did saturday, he will start. But if Trent does enough to show that he can play, then JP has no chance. JP has had alot of chances given to him. He will now have to earn it. I will be cheering JP on if he starts, I will cheer Trent on if he starts. For got sakes, I will cheer Grossman on if he comes here and starts. You on the other hand would like our #1 QB and leader of our team to get hurt just so JP could play. You are not a Bills fan, you make OP sound like the biggest homer ever. Ace, please just bequiet because its people like you who turn bills fans against a certain player.

acehole
08-11-2008, 06:36 PM

difference is jp played well during those wins.....

He also play great during trents wins as well...see the jets game....

next

SABURZFAN
yes it is....because it is lazy and stupid not to look at how the actual player play....

and how did Losman play again last year?

Mitchell55
r parish is a deep threat.

How many times did you see him go deep last year? Your a losman fan, you should know.

SABURZFAN
08-11-2008, 06:39 PM

next

what about the numerous losses?

let me just jump up in the air and click my heels........ :rolleyes:

give it up....... :yawn:

The Jokeman
08-11-2008, 06:41 PM
Give me a game manager QB that can lead teams to methodical time consuming drives over flashy big play QBs any day of the week. Super Bowl XXV taught me that. Heck even the most recent Super Bowl also demonstrates that a strong defense and steady QB can also beat a super powered offense.

Ronald Hinckleberry
08-11-2008, 06:41 PM
They both look like a couple of gomers to me. They sure don't make QB's like they used to.

Jim Kelly needs to smack these kids around and show them how to play the game of football.

acehole
08-11-2008, 06:43 PM
Other way around.

WRONG AGAIN.

If by bashing Edwards you mean state facts then yes I guess my bad.

I want my bills to win with the best qb.

I dont want him (TE) to get hurt....
I am simply pointing to history.

I dont want him to suck....I just think he has done squat.

I just dont see the good qb yet....

He had a good game at washington(2007) and then you look at the cowboy game and wonder why he is starting...

Lets see who shows up.

If history and stats are your guide then it is notlooking good.

If its a nice smile and hopes and dreams then superbowl here we come.

I am a litttle down to earth I guess.

Your avatar has Mlynch on it I am suprised you give so much credit to edwards for anything....

Ace, do you realize that no one bashed JP untill you bashed edwards. That shows how loyal JP fans are. As soon as the TD was thrown, there were threads from JP fans saying how great JP was. No one knocked him, alot of us were happy for him. But then you started making it seem like Trent sucks when he had a better year than most rookie QBs. JP lost his job fair and square, he will have to win his job back fair and square. In other words, if Trent has a few INTs, 0 TDs, and alot of incompletions, and JP has games like he did saturday, he will start. But if Trent does enough to show that he can play, then JP has no chance. JP has had alot of chances given to him. He will now have to earn it. I will be cheering JP on if he starts, I will cheer Trent on if he starts. For got sakes, I will cheer Grossman on if he comes here and starts. You on the other hand would like our #1 QB and leader of our team to get hurt just so JP could play. You are not a Bills fan, you make OP sound like the biggest homer ever. Ace, please just bequiet because its people like you who turn bills fans against a certain player.

Mitchell55
08-11-2008, 06:44 PM

next

JP was alright in that game. He had a pass that I couldve caught that somehow Lee caught. Thats like Bradshaw taking credit for the Irving Fryar catch vs Dallas. Trent also had only 1 game where he threw for under 100 yards, that was vs NE. Trent had 2 games where he had a 95+ rating. JP didnt have 1.

acehole
08-11-2008, 06:45 PM
Give me a game manager QB that can lead teams to methodical time consuming drives over flashy big play QBs any day of the week. Super Bowl XXV taught me that. Heck even the most recent Super Bowl also demonstrates that a strong defense and steady QB can also beat a super powered offense.

yes and when trent gets there I will cheer for him.

1-5 is a manager.....of a sip and suds

SABURZFAN
08-11-2008, 06:46 PM
Other way around.

WRONG AGAIN.

He had a good game at washington(2007) and then you look at the cowboy game and wonder why he is starting...

Lets see who shows up.

Your avatar has Mlynch on it I am suprised you give so much credit to edwards for anything....

:z:

acehole
08-11-2008, 06:47 PM
Yes, they were played the last 3 years. Only 1 more win in 14 more starts. Pathetic also.

yes if you blame all those losses on JP and credit all those wins with trent...

I agree....pathetic.

No honesty.

acehole
08-11-2008, 06:49 PM
JP was alright in that game. He had a pass that I couldve caught that somehow Lee caught. Thats like Bradshaw taking credit for the Irving Fryar catch vs Dallas. Trent also had only 1 game where he threw for under 100 yards, that was vs NE. Trent had 2 games where he had a 95+ rating. JP didnt have 1.

NE heh?...they any good?

Yasgur's Farm
08-11-2008, 06:50 PM
JP was alright in that game. He had a pass that I couldve caught that somehow Lee caught. Thats like Bradshaw taking credit for the Irving Fryar catch vs Dallas. Trent also had only 1 game where he threw for under 100 yards, that was vs NE. And he had 5 games where he failed to lead the O to 1 blessed TD!!!

Trent had 2 games where he had a 95+ rating. JP didnt have 1. Yet JP had a 10% higher passer rating in 2007... Go figure.

Mitchell55
08-11-2008, 06:54 PM
Other way around.

WRONG AGAIN.

Lets see who shows up.

Lets see. JP hasnt done squat either. Ive used history only 1 time. You havent shown any stats. Just words. Trent had a good game in the Redskins, Dolphins, NYJ, and Baltimore. The Jets, NE, Clev, Philly. The NE game was his 1st game. Clev was in a foot of snow. That leaves 2. He didnt play that bad in the dallas game. 8 incompletions out of 32. 176 yards and 74.2 percent CPT. If thats bad than Losman realy sucks.

acehole
08-11-2008, 06:55 PM
and how did Losman play again last year?

Better then Trent rating wise.

Go sleep and smoke some more......

acehole
08-11-2008, 06:56 PM
Lets see. JP hasnt done squat either. Ive used history only 1 time. You havent shown any stats. Just words. Trent had a good game in the Redskins, Dolphins, NYJ, and Baltimore. The Jets, NE, Clev, Philly. The NE game was his 1st game. Clev was in a foot of snow. That leaves 2. He didnt play that bad in the dallas game. 8 incompletions out of 32. 176 yards and 74.2 percent CPT. If thats bad than Losman realy sucks.

nfl.com

all you want to know.

Did not play that bad during Dallas game?

Tivo will help you there.

Believe what you want I dont care.

The season is upon us....

We shall see.

Yasgur's Farm
08-11-2008, 07:01 PM
BTW... In 2007... JP had 1 game with a PR of 143.8 and another @ 94.6. Maybe a little home work is in order.

Mitchell55
08-11-2008, 07:03 PM
JP had 4 games where he couldnt score a TD. The second one, you need to give Edwards time. Like maybe MORE THAN 1 YEAR. Sorry to keep saying this but it took Kelly, Montana, and Manning more than 1 year to be good. Trent has had a good rookie year. It took JP 4 years to get to where Trent is. Wait to the beginning of the season. I never said Trent was great, Im just saying, its his turn.

TacklingDummy
yes if you blame all those losses on JP

Not all of them. But there were about 15 of those 21 games that could have been wins if simply the most important player on the team produced.

acehole
How many times did you see him go deep last year? Your a losman fan, you should know.

Doent mater if he did it last year...you can thank Fairchild for that.

R Parish is a deep threat...I dont care what you believe.

Mitchell55
08-11-2008, 07:04 PM
BTW... In 2007... JP had 1 game with a PR of 143.8 and another @ 94.6. Maybe a little home work is in order.

Man your dumb. His 143 was a game he threw 5 passes.

TacklingDummy
08-11-2008, 07:05 PM
:lol:

And how many games does JP have with less than 100 yards passing? If I recall correctly its 6. 6 in 31 starts, that is terrible.

Yasgur's Farm
08-11-2008, 07:06 PM
JP had 4 games where he couldnt score a TD. The second one, you need to give Edwards time. Like maybe MORE THAN 1 YEAR. Sorry to keep saying this but it took Kelly, Montana, and Manning more than 1 year to be good. Trent has had a good rookie year. It took JP 4 years to get to where Trent is. Wait to the beginning of the season. I never said Trent was great, Im just saying, its his turn.I didn't say a thing about Trent scoring TD's... I said that he failed to lead the entire offense to a TD in 5 of his 9 starts... That includes 2 of his 5 wins. Now you tell me... who had to score in those 2 wins to credit Trent with those wins?

Mitchell55
08-11-2008, 07:06 PM
Doent mater if he did it last year...you can thank Fairchild for that.

R Parish is a deep threat...I dont care what you believe.

You just switched your story up. At 1st you acted like he goes deep all the time, now you switch your story. JP fans seem to do that all the time. When they are caught, they make something up.

Yasgur's Farm
08-11-2008, 07:07 PM
Man your dumb. His 143 was a game he threw 5 passes.Watch the personal attacks son!

Those 5 passes got the win for ole Trent!

acehole
08-11-2008, 07:08 PM
Not all of them. But there were about 15 of those 21 games that could have been wins if simply the most important player on the team produced.

P Price? E Moulds who was it back then....Justink Jenkins?

We were out classed by so many teams at so many
positions it isnt even close.

Put JP on the Jags and see where he goes.

We did not have the personel for any kind of playoff run
...everybody would rather blam the qb....

We were pushed around and run on and passed on at will....

JP did great consideringhaving just L Evans to work with.

I dont want to rehash.I have come to repsect you for at least critically thinking things out.

Let us just watch the season it is here.

Lets hope I am wrong.

Yasgur's Farm
08-11-2008, 07:09 PM
:lol:

And how many games does JP have with less than 100 yards passing? If I recall correctly its 6. 6 in 31 starts, that is terrible.Did you happen to see what JP's completion percentage was in those games? Do you happen to remember Fairchild giving JP only 12 opportunities to pass?

Your reaching for the easy stuff without putting any thought into what you're saying.

Yasgur's Farm
08-11-2008, 07:11 PM
Going to spend some time with the wife now... You guys just keep doing what you're doing.

Mitchell55
08-11-2008, 07:11 PM
I didn't say a thing about Trent scoring TD's... I said that he failed to lead the entire offense to a TD in 5 of his 9 starts... That includes 2 of his 5 wins. Now you tell me... who had to score in those 2 wins to credit Trent with those wins?

Which games were those?

acehole
08-11-2008, 07:12 PM
You just switched your story up. At 1st you acted like he goes deep all the time, now you switch your story. JP fans seem to do that all the time. When they are caught, they make something up.

You have to work on that mouth brain thing.

Go and read what I said.

You said he is not a deep threat.

I said he is.

He is a threat to go deep and he went deep all the time are 2 diff ideas.

Go look at his school stats and see if he is not a deep threat.

Go look at his timed speed and tell me if he is not a deep threat.

You really dont know what you are talking about.

acehole
08-11-2008, 07:13 PM
Which games were those?

You need to read up on most things.

Mitchell55
08-11-2008, 07:14 PM

Put JP on the Jags and see where he goes.

We did not have the personel for any kind of playoff run
...everybody would rather blam the qb....

We were pushed around and run on and passed on at will....

JP did great consideringhaving just L Evans to work with.

I dont want to rehash.I have come to repsect you for at least critically thinking things out.

Let us just watch the season it is here.

Lets hope I am wrong.

The reason we blame the QB is because they havent played good in the last few seasons. Last thing im going to say about this is when you say the thing about Lee Evans. Trent actually spreads the ball around. In the last game, he had 5 passes, all to different recievers.

Mitchell55
08-11-2008, 07:17 PM
You have to work on that mouth brain thing.

Go and read what I said.

You said he is not a deep threat.

I said he is.

He is a threat to go deep and he went deep all the time are 2 diff ideas.

Go look at his school stats and see if he is not a deep threat.

Go look at his timed speed and tell me if he is not a deep threat.

You really dont know what you are talking about.

Im really getting bored with this conversation. Lets just lock this thread up by saying, lets wait till Pittsburgh, then we start this back up. JP is not the starter and people will have to live with it untill he has a game where he assures us he is the best QB on our team. Untill then, lets put this to rest because we went through every stat in the book.

acehole
08-11-2008, 07:45 PM
The reason we blame the QB is because they havent played good in the last few seasons. Last thing im going to say about this is when you say the thing about Lee Evans. Trent actually spreads the ball around. In the last game, he had 5 passes, all to different recievers.

All of whom he missed but one.

Beauty is in the eye.

SABURZFAN
08-11-2008, 07:52 PM
Going to spend some time with the wife now... You guys just keep doing what you're doing.

tell her that Losman is a good QB. she might believe you.

TacklingDummy
08-11-2008, 08:23 PM

And yet we could have won all those games if just JP Losman would have played better. I guess that is too much to ask out of someone people think is a franchise QB.

TacklingDummy
08-11-2008, 08:25 PM
Your reaching for the easy stuff without putting any thought into what you're saying.

I've watched all those games. It's easy to figure out that we could have won them if just JP Losman would have played well.

Mr. Pink
08-11-2008, 09:50 PM
Did you happen to see what JP's completion percentage was in those games? Do you happen to remember Fairchild giving JP only 12 opportunities to pass?

You see this is what you "fans" of Losman fail to grasp, I won't use licker but it's fitting. To you he can do no wrong. Thing is, he was so "handcuffed/limited/whatever you wanna call it" because, the front office, the coaching, the team didn't have the confidence in him to run a full offense.

It's very obvious that there will several games where the game plan was "limit the amount of opportunities the QB can hurt us."

Imagine if JP attempted 20 passes instead of 8 against the Colts? We woulda lost HUGE. The staff purposely limited his opportunities to shoot ouselves in the foot.

One day, everyone will realize this.

acehole
08-11-2008, 10:41 PM
And yet we could have won all those games if just JP Losman would have played better. I guess that is too much to ask out of someone people think is a franchise QB.

Ok so we have the worst rated d against the pass and run...and Jp should have been great enough to overcome that....

Got it.

And yes it is alot to ask.

acehole
08-11-2008, 10:45 PM
Make more stuff up.

Hater.

This is why we deffend.

This is basless and unwarented.

Thursday is coming up real soon.

You will using many more excuses because you will have to.

I hope it doent rain Thurday.

You see this is what you "fans" of Losman fail to grasp, I won't use licker but it's fitting. To you he can do no wrong. Thing is, he was so "handcuffed/limited/whatever you wanna call it" because, the front office, the coaching, the team didn't have the confidence in him to run a full offense.

It's very obvious that there will several games where the game plan was "limit the amount of opportunities the QB can hurt us."

Imagine if JP attempted 20 passes instead of 8 against the Colts? We woulda lost HUGE. The staff purposely limited his opportunities to shoot ouselves in the foot.

Mitchell55
08-11-2008, 11:00 PM
Thursday already?

djjimkelly
08-11-2008, 11:07 PM

everyone of your posts is annoying!!

Meathead
08-11-2008, 11:08 PM
lmao thats cold

djjimkelly
08-11-2008, 11:10 PM

Record under Trent 5-4
Record under JP 2-5

I forgot.

JP 2 losses vs the pats oh they went 16-0
JP 1 loss vs steelers way better team then us
JP 1 loss vs denver that our coach blew 1 extra running play wins us the game!!!!!!
trent gets 1 win JP won for him.

get those rose colored glasses off please.

djjimkelly
08-11-2008, 11:13 PM

next

JP also beat the chiefs for kelly holcomb 3 years ago.

SABURZFAN
08-11-2008, 11:16 PM
:rofl:

Mr. Pink
08-12-2008, 12:07 AM
Make more stuff up.

Hater.

This is why we deffend.

This is basless and unwarented.

Thursday is coming up real soon.

You will using many more excuses because you will have to.

I hope it doent rain Thurday.

Baseless and unwarranted?

Why else would they hold the "gun slinging big armed savior" to 8 attempts in a single game if they did have confidence in him?

Why would the franchise draft a QB in round 3 to replace the "gun slinging big arm savior?"

When you figure out the answers to these two questions, lemme know.

Mitchell55
08-12-2008, 12:14 AM
everyone of your posts is annoying!!

Please just cool it, and take your **** somewhere else. That was just rude and ignorant.

yordad
08-12-2008, 12:18 AM
Mlynch23, you want to see stats (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=143374)?

Mitchell55
08-12-2008, 12:30 AM
Mlynch23, you want to see stats (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=143374)?

To be honest, I knew that Trents stats were worse. I was waiting for him to show them instead of blabering about how JP is better. I get your point, but it took JP 4 years to get that far, its only taken Trent 1. Trent should have a JP 2006 year. JP is good but has taken to long to develope and we need to move on.

yordad
08-12-2008, 12:43 AM
To be honest, I knew that Trents stats were worse. I was waiting for him to show them instead of blabering about how JP is better. I get your point, but it took JP 4 years to get that far, its only taken Trent 1. Trent should have a JP 2006 year. JP is good but has taken to long to develope and we need to move on.The offense was watered down. Mix one once of vodka with a gallon of water, and one once of beer with a gallon of water. The alcohol content difference becomes negligible. But as soon as you stop watering it down....

I bet the local par three golf pro could hang with Tiger Woods on his home golf course from the woman's tees. But when it is time to shine, I know who I want swinging the club.

Translation: I think the surrounding talent (coaches included) kept the QBs from show casing their talents. When this isn't the case, and their talents can shine, I think I know who will be shining the brightest. JP Losman.

I think TE could be a solid 8. I think he could be most effective in warmer weather (no I'm not advocating he play somewhere else). And, there have been some highly effective 8s over the years. I just think JP can do better, in large part because of his higher skill set and drive.

Mitchell55
08-12-2008, 12:54 AM
The offense was watered down. Mix one once of vodka with a gallon of water, and one once of beer with a gallon of water. The alcohol content difference becomes negligible. But as soon as you stop watering it down....

I bet the local par three golf pro could hang with Tiger Woods on his home golf course from the woman's tees. But when it is time to shine, I know who I want swinging the club.

Translation: I think the surrounding talent (coaches included) kept the QBs from show casing their talents. When this isn't the case, and their talents can shine, I think I know who will be shining the brightest. JP Losman.

I think TE could be a solid 8. I think he could be most effective in warmer weather (no I'm not advocating he play somewhere else). And, there have been some highly effective 8s over the years. I just think JP can do better, in large part because of his higher skill set and drive.

Honestly, we dont even need to talk about this. It doesnt mean anything. Trent is our starter and us saying this isnt going to keep him the starter or make JP the one. Can we finally put this thread to rest.

Mr. Pink
08-12-2008, 01:02 AM
The offense was watered down. Mix one once of vodka with a gallon of water, and one once of beer with a gallon of water. The alcohol content difference becomes negligible. But as soon as you stop watering it down....

How come none of you seem to grasp that the offense was watered down because JPs mental prowess didn't allow him to use an expanded playbook?

More facts of why I think JP was demoted and will be gone...the staff didn't fully trust him with the reigns, as well they shouldn't have.

You think that the surrounding talent limited JP? I say you're half right. The coaches purposely gameplanned for JP not to shoot ourselves in the foot. Why? Because they obviously never trusted him.

SABURZFAN
08-12-2008, 02:50 AM
:popcorn:

TacklingDummy
08-12-2008, 07:31 AM
And this is why the front office should have traded JP or cut him before the season started.

Philagape
08-12-2008, 07:59 AM
People who say JP is such a talented QB are obviously looking only at his physical attributes.
That's understandable. NFL teams have done that too, a lot. And the result is a large trash heap of QB busts.
Andre Ware, Dan McGwire, David Klingler, Rick Mirer, Heath Shuler, Jim Druckenmiller, Ryan Leaf, Tim Couch, Akili Smith, Cade McNown, David Carr, Joey Harrington, Kyle Boller and Alex Smith were pretty "talented" too, or else they wouldn't have been picked in the first round.

justasportsfan
08-12-2008, 08:15 AM

Record under Trent 5-4
Record under JP 2-5

I forgot.

Forget the talk about JP starting. YOu said that he wasn't even worth being a back up. He outperformed the starter. He made you look clueless about football.

acehole
08-12-2008, 08:24 AM
To answer your first question.

Fairchild was a tool we all know that.

New front offices always want their guy.....their stamp.

This is not a secret.

They should have drafted sidney rice wr to help JP.

Instead the bus for him.

Baseless and unwarranted?

Why else would they hold the "gun slinging big armed savior" to 8 attempts in a single game if they did have confidence in him?

Why would the franchise draft a QB in round 3 to replace the "gun slinging big arm savior?"

When you figure out the answers to these two questions, lemme know.

justasportsfan
08-12-2008, 08:25 AM
i didn't see too many crisp passes, that's for sure.
I agree. The few that were crisp came from JP.

acehole
08-12-2008, 08:26 AM
made up.

link please..

How come none of you seem to grasp that the offense was watered down because JPs mental prowess didn't allow him to use an expanded playbook?

More facts of why I think JP was demoted and will be gone...the staff didn't fully trust him with the reigns, as well they shouldn't have.

You think that the surrounding talent limited JP? I say you're half right. The coaches purposely gameplanned for JP not to shoot ourselves in the foot. Why? Because they obviously never trusted him.

justasportsfan
08-12-2008, 08:28 AM
made up.

link please..

He has inside sources . Moran.

acehole
08-12-2008, 08:29 AM
People who say JP is such a talented QB are obviously looking only at his physical attributes.
That's understandable. NFL teams have done that too, a lot. And the result is a large trash heap of QB busts.
Andre Ware, Dan McGwire, David Klingler, Rick Mirer, Heath Shuler, Jim Druckenmiller, Ryan Leaf, Tim Couch, Akili Smith, Cade McNown, David Carr, Joey Harrington, Kyle Boller and Alex Smith were pretty "talented" too, or else they wouldn't have been picked in the first round.

This is not a bad point to make.

However if your primary reciever is doubled 90% of pass plays and nobody else is open.....how would you look out there......

justasportsfan
08-12-2008, 08:35 AM

:rofl: When Fairchild told JP to sling it against the jets in 06, JP threw for over 300 yards. JP was the top 3 qb for the week. The year when the jets were a playoff team. The O did enough and yet we lost. TO those who are football challenged, the loss gets blamed on JP.

Bill Cody
08-12-2008, 08:35 AM
This is not a bad point to make.

However if your primary reciever is doubled 90% of pass plays and nobody else is open.....how would you look out there......

Lossman excuse #512.

Romes
08-12-2008, 08:42 AM
made up.

link please..

"Planning to keep the ball from them was part of the game plan," Jauron said. "We tried to reduce the time that they had the ball, and then when they had it we tried to bleed them for everything we could."

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=4383

justasportsfan
08-12-2008, 08:49 AM
"Planning to keep the ball from them was part of the game plan," Jauron said. "We tried to reduce the time that they had the ball, and then when they had it we tried to bleed them for everything we could."

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=4383

That doesn't say that they don't Trust JP like FTY said. That simply means they wanted ball control.

On that very same link is this.
"Protecting the passer proved to be a struggle," said Jauron. "And we struggled at critical times."

WE also almost upset the eventual champs with A-Train. That link didn't make JP look bad. All it did was strengthen the reasons why JP couldn't flourish. The team was bad both offensively (especially the OL) and defensively, yet the haters blame it all on JP.

I assume Trent would've been dead with no protection.

Romes
08-12-2008, 08:54 AM
You expect DJ to say publicly that they don't trust JP?

justasportsfan
08-12-2008, 08:59 AM
You expect DJ to say publicly that they don't trust JP?

It's common sense to keep the ball away from Peytons hands. YOu do that by running the ball. Yet you find a way to use that as "not trusting JP" . so whenever teams run the ball against the colts to control the clock, they don't trust their qb?

I edited my post btw. Dick didn't say he didn't trust JP, you're making that up. What he did say was that our OL sucked.

Cmon Romes, You're better than this. I expect that from FTY but not you.

Romes
08-12-2008, 09:15 AM
Right, you can keep the ball away with short passes and a controlled passing game, too.

But its not just that game its also benching JP for Holcomb, benching JP for TE, not allowing for audibles, even the "quick strike offense" in 2006 was all tailored to limit the damage that could be done by JP and try to get quick points.

I was as big a JP supporter as anyone back then but you look back and its pretty clear that they never really had much confidence in JP's mental capacity.

justasportsfan
08-12-2008, 09:19 AM
Right, you can keep the ball away with short passes and a controlled passing game, too.

But its not just that game its also benching JP for Holcomb, benching JP for TE, not allowing for audibles, even the "quick strike offense" in 2006 was all tailored to limit the damage that could be done by JP and try to get quick points.

I was as big a JP supporter as anyone back then but you look back and its pretty clear that they never really had much confidence in JP's mental capacity.
Benching JP for Holcomb, I was all for it. He wasn't ready in 05.

Benching JP for Trent was pretty much saying, Fairchilds system sucks . Were going with ball control by dinking and dunking. Not so much JP's fault since he ran Fairchilds system with a bad OL and only Lee as his weapon.

IMO , ity's not about lack of trust. Dick just prefers a qb that can run what he had in Chicago . Conservative and though Trent has a leg up because he 's better at dinking the ball in college, that wasn't the case last saturday.

Trent wasn't allowed to audible by Fairchild too.

yordad
08-12-2008, 09:41 AM
Myth...

Trent actually spreads the ball around. In the last game, he had 5 passes, all to different recievers.
Fact...
JP hit more receivers in less time.

justasportsfan
08-12-2008, 09:46 AM
Myth...

Fact...
what MLynch23 meant by spreading the ball is that Trent threw the ball their way. Doesn't mean they connected.

yordad
08-12-2008, 10:28 AM
Lossman excuse #512.If it is true, is it still called an excuse? And, what is wrong with an accurate excuse? If you had said "invalid excuse #512", your post would have had something original. Then maybe you could have added information supporting your conclusion of it's invalidity.

But instead you added nothing.

yordad
08-12-2008, 10:31 AM

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=4383Sounds to me he didn't have too much faith in our defense.

How one could interpret that differently, let alone as a direct knock on our QB, is beyond me.

TacklingDummy
08-12-2008, 11:02 AM
Myth...

Fact...

Fact...

Trent is the starter

Fact...

JP is the backup

Fact...

JP was given chance after chance after chance. He has no one to blame but himself for being second string.

acehole
08-12-2008, 03:32 PM
Lossman excuse #512.

it is a legit factor.