PDA

View Full Version : Name the #1 draft pick that had the biggest impact

ArcticWildMan
04-25-2003, 04:48 PM
This is not limited to Buffalo. Any team's #1 pick can count.

I'll start it off with a Buffalo Bill anyway ;)

I think Bruce Smith was the most dominating 1st round pick ever. He should become the all time sack leader this season. During his prime, no other player put fear in opposing coaches and players like Bruce did. He was a huge reason we went to 4 Superbowls! :up:

4thAndLong
04-25-2003, 04:52 PM
Mike Vick.

venis2k1
04-25-2003, 05:43 PM
Ryan Leaf :ontome:

northernbillfan
04-25-2003, 06:08 PM
John Elway

End of discussion, sort of...

Tatonka
04-25-2003, 06:08 PM
i guess you dont mean immediate pick..

i think vick when it is all said and done.

Demon
04-25-2003, 06:16 PM
I have a tie. Couldn't make my mind which to post so i am posting both lol.

Steve Young (1984)
Troy Aikman (1989)

BufBlue4ever60
04-25-2003, 06:21 PM
couldnt think of just one so i did defense and offense

O: Troy Aikman
D: Bruce Smith

SoCalBillsFan
04-25-2003, 07:12 PM
Can't be steve young, the niners were already dominant when he started playing.

Too early to say Vick, hes played two years and has never won a playoff game! Maybe one day, but not even close yet.

Jim Kelly deserves something, he helped turn around a dismal bills franchise.

Aikman is up there.

Steve-Mo
04-25-2003, 07:15 PM
Dan Marino...

Tatonka
04-25-2003, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by SoCalBillsFan

Too early to say Vick, hes played two years and has never won a playoff game! Maybe one day, but not even close yet.

check your facts bud..

cuz i specifically remember a young fast black qb with the number 7 on his chest and vick on his back go into Lambeau field in the freezing cold and beat the Pack in their house.. where they were like 35-0 at home in the cold or something.. some ridiculous streak that Vick helped blow out of the water..

ps.. he didnt get much pt his first year..

last year is the only one that counts.. and what he did for the franchise was incredible as far as sales and fans.. .let alone a playoff win..

oh.. he also made the pro bowl.. and was a human highlight reel..

can you tell that i love the guy? :D

SoCalBillsFan
04-25-2003, 07:37 PM
LOL...my bad on the playoff game, point taken, he did beat the pats in green bay.

But it is WAYYYYYY to early to call him one of the best draft picks ever, after 1 year as a starter. He definately has the potential for it, but its still too early.

4thAndLong
04-25-2003, 08:48 PM
LOL...my bad on the playoff game, point taken, he did beat the pats in green bay.

But it is WAYYYYYY to early to call him one of the best draft picks ever, after 1 year as a starter. He definately has the potential for it, but its still too early.

It is early...But the way he is progressing is amazing.

He did so much last year with WRs that couldn't play their way out of a paper-bag. Even if nothing is developing through the air, he can buy time with his feet or just take off and make you have to keep a couple QB spies on him.

Tatonka
04-25-2003, 09:00 PM
he did beat the pats in green bay.

:eek: pats huh... lol :D

socal.. i base my pick purely on speculation.. so i understand where your coming from.. i might be way off.. but imho, i saw flashes of what no qb ever in the history of the position could come close to doing..

i love the guy..

i also went to school at tech with him..

i guess you could say i am a closet falcons fan.. i mean.. christ, they have half the bills roster and coaches on their team.. and now my favorite college player of all time.

BFBills
04-25-2003, 09:06 PM
VINIS...U TOOK MINE :oldschool: