can you imagine if the bills had the packer situation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

can you imagine if the bills had the packer situation?

there are people on the verge of tears for JP, and he hasn't done anything close to being a servicable starter in 3 years. Can you imagine if we had some legend that we said no to in order to move in a new direction? Can you even comprehend what this board would be like?

All of a sudden, i feel for packer fans. I didn't get it before, but now that we saw everyone throw their panties in on both sides of the debate, i'm sure the packer websites are 1000x worse until the season starts. And i'm sure it's going to be a nightmare if Rogers doesn't win the superbowl tonight. in preseason game 1.
  • Mitchell55
    only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
    • Feb 2008

Re: can you imagine if the bills had the packer situation?

Originally posted by trapezeus
    there are people on the verge of tears for JP, and he hasn't done anything close to being a servicable starter in 3 years. Can you imagine if we had some legend that we said no to in order to move in a new direction? Can you even comprehend what this board would be like?

All of a sudden, i feel for packer fans. I didn't get it before, but now that we saw everyone throw their panties in on both sides of the debate, i'm sure the packer websites are 1000x worse until the season starts. And i'm sure it's going to be a nightmare if Rogers doesn't win the superbowl tonight. in preseason game 1.

I know. People are making a big deal between a ok QB and a 1st year starter. It would be 100X worse with a HOF and a 1st year starter.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

I'm just so sick of the QB controversy garbage. I just want one of them- and I don't care which one it is- to step up and show that they're clearly the best QB on the roster. So far, neither has done that.

Granted it was one preseason game and JP was playing against back ups (albeit mostly with back ups as well). It wouldn't be smart to take away Trent's starting job based on that. At the same time, if the other 3 preseason games look like this one, would you be comfortable starting Trent over JP? That's what has me worried and that's why one of them needs to step up NOW.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

there are people on the verge of tears for JP, and he hasn't done anything close to being a servicable starter in 3 years. .

a JP bashing thread hidden with the packers situation. This thread should be merged.
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Novacane
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
          At the same time, if the other 3 preseason games look like this one, would you be comfortable starting Trent over JP? .

Yes I would. We know what we will get out of JP. I would not be dumb enough to let 3 preseason games erase 3 years of suckage.

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Novacane
            Yes I would. We know what we will get out of JP. I would not be dumb enough to let 3 preseason games erase 3 years of suckage.
            but at that point, all Trent would have is 1 season of suckage and 3 preseason games of suckage.

I agree that JP has had his shot and done nothing with them, and that's why Trent is the starter. But if one player is clearly outplaying another, doesn't the coach have a responsibility to play the better guy?

That's why I'm so sick of this garbage. I really wish Trent would just step up and end this already.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Novacane
              • Jul 2002

That's why I'm so sick of this garbage. I really wish Trent would just step up and end this already.
              Agreed. I'm not convinced he will but I'm totally conviced JP won't. That's why I don't want JP even if he outplays Trent in preseason.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

I agree that JP has had his shot and done nothing with them, and that's why Trent is the starter. .
                you were one of those *****ing about Price and the OL how the hell can he do anything with that?
                sacrifice1

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                  you were one of those *****ing about Price and the OL how the hell can he do anything with that?
                  does it matter? any QB is going to be better with a better OL and better receivers. But we don't have a better OL and we don't have better receivers so we need the guy who can play with what we have. So far, JP hasn't been able to do that.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

does it matter? any QB is going to be better with a better OL and better receivers. But we don't have a better OL and we don't have better receivers so we need the guy who can play with what we have. So far, JP hasn't been able to do that.
                    yes it matters. Every qb needs an OL and weapons to at least of have a chance. Since you complained for years about not having any, how can you say "he had his chance"? I'll give you a knife to a gunfight and say "you had a chance" . That wouldn't be fair would it?

What we have NOW is still better than what JP HAD. That's why I want to see what he can do with what we have now.
                    Last edited by justasportsfan; 08-11-2008, 03:42 PM.
                    sacrifice1

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                      Roways rooking ahread!
                      • Sep 2005

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                      a JP bashing thread hidden with the packers situation. This thread should be merged.
                      The board would be empty if they merged all of them.

Comment

• trapezeus
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Oct 2004

op's point is the the OL has fallen again without peters. so playing JP in a situation that you claim no one can be good in and especially JP, it makes no sense to ask him to play behind a pourous line with no number 2 WR.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

op's point is the the OL has fallen again without peters. so playing JP in a situation that you claim no one can be good in and especially JP, it makes no sense to ask him to play behind a pourous line with no number 2 WR.
                          ASk Philagape, Trent got insecure when Peters left last year. Whats he gonna do now if Peters holds out? Dink for 3 yards.

With a bad OL, I say let JP play his game and run if he needs to. That worked with Flutie.

BTW, thanks for proving me right. Sad attempt to use GB situation to bash JP.
                          sacrifice1

Comment

• trapezeus
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Oct 2004

i wasn't bashing JP, i was bashing you for the most part.

would i rather have trent make a completion for 3 yards or have JP run his patented 3 and out with his head down as he comes off. It's a toss up.

And thank you for proving that if the bills had a really good qb to be replaced that you'd be at the front of the line screaming at the top of your lungs.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

i wasn't bashing JP, i was bashing you for the most part.

would i rather have trent make a completion for 3 yards or have JP run his patented 3 and out with his head down as he comes off. It's a toss up.

And thank you for proving that if the bills had a really good qb to be replaced that you'd be at the front of the line screaming at the top of your lungs.
                              Talking negatively about Jp has nothing to do with the Packers situation. YOu're still continuing to do so with no mention of the packs.busted. LAme attempt.

you'd be happy with 3 yards. Maybe we should bring back HOlcomb because he's better than Trent at dinking the ball. Who went 3 and out more often last saturday? Thought so.
                              sacrifice1

Comment

Working...
                              X