• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • northernbillfan
    Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

I say we draft a TE

In the first round, I would like to see us grab a TE.

We need to replace JR, and Dave Moore is geting older.
    When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

• ArcticWildMan

Are any TE's worth a 1st round pick? I haven't even paid attention to any of them.

Comment

• northernbillfan

Administrator Emeritus
      • Jul 2002

Jason Whitten looks good. I actually thought there was someone higher ranked, but can't remember his name.

This is ONLY if Tyler Jacobs is not available.

We need some offensive weapons to replace PP and JR.

But this is only MHO

I'm looking at drafting some O help.
      When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• Steve-Mo
        • Apr 2003

Jason Witten would be a great pick for the Bills... He could turn into the next Gonzo.

Comment

• BillsMan80
          Tapit: All the Way to the Derby
          • Jul 2002

Witten is the top TE in the draft. Dallas Clark is ranked second, but he's strictly a pass catcher and can't block. Witten is the complete player. Also, Taylor Jacobs is impressive.
          The NTRA...GO BABY GO!!!!!!!
          THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT WILLIS!!!!!!!!!!! Touchdown Wills McGahee!!!!!

Comment

• venis2k1
            Youboty can hope
            • Jul 2002

I hope we go OL, Comon Faine

Comment

• Tatonka
              • Jul 2002

i knew i would hate this thread from the title.. that is about the worst thing i can think of that would happen to us..

first... its Witten.. not whitten.. and it is widely disputed that he is the best TE on the board.. none of these TEs are gonzo or shockey.. and regardless of that.. we dont use the TE that much.. we had a pass catcher last year.. JR.. and he did squat.. no tds.. and we have 2 good blockers.. in moore and cambell..

dallas clark in the 2nd round is the earliest i could stomach a TE drafted.
              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Tatonka
                • Jul 2002

paying a TE first round money is nuts too... unless he is shockey.
                "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Ingtar33
                  Dances With Buffaloes
                  • Sep 2002

Well Witten's got the size... and he moves well, decent blocker. Worth a late 1st rounder. He blocks well, not great but well, and catches fairly well too. He's the closest thing to a complete package, but really I'm not thrilled because he's a bit too slow to be a game breaker.

Clark is on the small side (6'1" ish), but is easily the fastest TE I've ever seen (I'm not kidding, he changes direction faster than a DB and runs 4.4 range), he's also the biggest pass catching threat in this draft for the TE... anyone who saw that last minute catch against Perdue will know what I mean (he took a last minute pass 95yards for a TD outracing everyone in a come from behind victory). He will be selected anywhere form the end of the 1st round to the middle of the second (might be there for our 2nd pick).
                  My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• northernbillfan

Administrator Emeritus
                    • Jul 2002

Thnanks for the heads up on the prospects Ingtar.

Tatonka, JR didn't have many balls thrown to him, so I guess you are right that we didn't use the TE enough last season. Perhaps it was because JR's hands were not what they once were.

Clark and Witten will not be around when it is our turn at bat in the second round. That is why I'm guessing we will get one of them in the frist round.

Comment

• Doc
                      • Dec 2002

Dallas Clark measured in at 6'3-3/8" and 257# at the combines. His 40 times, agility drills, and jumps would have made DB's envious. He's also a hard worker and a willing blocker who should improve. I'd LOVE for him to be there in the 2nd when the Bills pick.

Comment

• Tatonka
                        • Jul 2002

northern... i am willing to bet you that either witten or clarke will be there when we pick in the second.. whether or not we take one of them is another issue.

Comment

• northernbillfan

Administrator Emeritus
                          • Jul 2002

That's probably why I'm not the GM and Donahoe is.

Comment

• Schobel94
                            The Sack Master
                            • Jan 2003

I want Clark! I think we should trade down with Oakland and take Clark and a DE, whether it be Kelsay, Redding, Pace, or somelse, or even a good DT if one's available.
                            Beware the sack master!

Comment

• Mad Bomber
                              • Jul 2002

I'm a bit prejudiced, being a University of Iowa alum, but Dallas Clark is THE tight end to take...

I've watched him all year, and this guy can just plain CATCH THE BALL if Drew throws it to him... He has super glue hands...

Comment

Working...
                              X