PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Rodgers gets 15 attempts, Edwards only 5

raphael120
08-11-2008, 08:58 PM
ok. Riddle me this. Aaron Rodgers got enough time on the field tonight to throw 15 times. His first 5 were no better than Edwards but they kept him in and he redeemed hisself and scores a touchdown.

I seriously question what the **** the point of Edward even showing up to Washington if he was only going to throw 5 passes. We all know this kid needs all the practice he can get, but in pure jauron fashion, we take the cautious route and protect everyone.

Im sorry but I think jauron is and has been fielding a wussy patheticly soft team because no one is tested, everyone is patted on the back for just giving it Good shot. This isn't ****ing motivational speaker happy time, this is football.

I expect another slow start to the season because jauron is too cautious. He sacrifices preparation for the sake of the "possibility" of injuries. So all we have is a bunch of healthy, unprepared, physically soft team that can't tackle.

On WGR, they were pointing out that the UB bulls practice had harder hits than the bills. Just pathetic...

SABURZFAN
08-11-2008, 09:03 PM
the idea is to put Losman on display and hope we can find a sucker that will trade for him.

OpIv37
08-11-2008, 09:37 PM
It's a fine line for the coaches to walk. They don't want players to get injured, but the starters need to practice (especially this team).

I am a little disappointed. Given how this team got pushed around and fell apart late in games the past few years, I was hoping to see them pushed a little harder. I'm not talking about Marine boot camp or anything, but something a little harsher than "Club Jauron" would be nice.

FlyingDutchman
08-11-2008, 09:44 PM
Isnt the 3rd game the one the starters play the longest?

OpIv37
08-11-2008, 09:59 PM
Isnt the 3rd game the one the starters play the longest?

typically, yes.

But I think the problem is that people were hoping the starters would get more work given their lack of experience and the slow starts this team has had the past 3 years or so.

If Rogers gets 15 attempts, why can't Edwards get 15 or at least 10?

Dr. Pepper
08-11-2008, 10:27 PM
did you watch the game? Rodgers played GREAT. He should've been 6 for 6 to start the game but Driver dropped one early and then another one bounced right off his receivers chest and ended up getting picked. He didn't have to redeem himself he played well the whole time.

acehole
08-11-2008, 10:51 PM
15?

Then he would be 3-15.

Juron is easing Trent in because....they have no choice.

Not looking to good this year.

(PS Excuse#1 and 2 and 3 Juron and rain and hardy route running)

Got it.

ok. Riddle me this. Aaron Rodgers got enough time on the field tonight to throw 15 times. His first 5 were no better than Edwards but they kept him in and he redeemed hisself and scores a touchdown.

I seriously question what the **** the point of Edward even showing up to Washington if he was only going to throw 5 passes. We all know this kid needs all the practice he can get, but in pure jauron fashion, we take the cautious route and protect everyone.

Im sorry but I think jauron is and has been fielding a wussy patheticly soft team because no one is tested, everyone is patted on the back for just giving it Good shot. This isn't ****ing motivational speaker happy time, this is football.

I expect another slow start to the season because jauron is too cautious. He sacrifices preparation for the sake of the "possibility" of injuries. So all we have is a bunch of healthy, unprepared, physically soft team that can't tackleb

On WGR, they were pointing out that the UB bulls practice had
Harder hits than the bills. Just pathetic...

raphael120
08-11-2008, 10:53 PM
did you watch the game? Rodgers played GREAT. He should've been 6 for 6 to start the game but Driver dropped one early and then another one bounced right off his receivers chest and ended up getting picked. He didn't have to redeem himself he played well the whole time.

He got off to a slow start just like Edwards. Most of Edwards passes were dropped (Hardy, Shouman) also, if you remember (or that one wrong route.)

Im saying, Rodgers got off to a rough start because he and his WRs didnt get into a rhythm, but once they did, Rodgers did fine. Edwards never got that opportunity. If Rodgers is in need of playing 15 downs and he's been in the league 2 years longer than Edwards, then why does Edwards not have more opportunities?

acehole
08-11-2008, 10:53 PM

taa taa taa..

When looking at a qb one must only look at the QB.

Rodgers is a bust.....clock is broken.

SABURZFAN
08-11-2008, 11:22 PM
Most of Edwards passes were dropped (Hardy, Shouman) also, if you remember (or that one wrong route.)

that was Edwards' fault if you ask the Haters.

DMBcrew36
08-11-2008, 11:54 PM
maybe the coaches pulled out Edwards cause they saw how badly our offensive line was being manhandled and didn't want Edwards to get hurt.

ublinkwescore
08-12-2008, 01:04 AM

I expect another slow start to the season because jauron is too cautious. He sacrifices preparation for the sake of the "possibility" of injuries. So all we have is a bunch of healthy, unprepared, physically soft team that can't tackleb

On WGR, they were pointing out that the UB bulls practice had
Harder hits than the bills. Just pathetic...

Hopefully we get Peters back in there, and we give him some significant time so he doesn't get killed out there...

djjimkelly
08-12-2008, 01:28 AM
maybe jauron isnt good enough like ive been preaching for a full season now

raphael120
08-12-2008, 01:07 PM
maybe the coaches pulled out Edwards cause they saw how badly our offensive line was being manhandled and didn't want Edwards to get hurt.

From what I saw, our Oline didn't do too bad of a job in pass protection but couldn't open up a hole to save their lives in the run game. Edwards had pretty good time to get the ball to his recievers, it's just that he missed open recievers a few times, forced the ball to Shouman the one time, and on that same play, missed a pretty open Evans in the back of the endzone.

Pinkerton Security
08-12-2008, 01:11 PM
15?

Then he would be 3-15.

Juron is easing Trent in because....they have no choice.

Not looking to good this year.

(PS Excuse#1 and 2 and 3 Juron and rain and hardy route running)

Got it.

soooo hes easing him in because if we play him too much and he sucks, then the cats out of the bag? everyone will know he sucks?? not sure of your logic here.

raphael120
08-12-2008, 01:28 PM
I say Edwards stays in til he throws a TD just to shut the fans (like myself and most on the board) up. I think thats what they had in mind in Green Bay too. Could you imagine the backlash if they kept Rodgers in for just 5 throws? Two throws were dropped, he was sacked, and then he threw an INT. Green Bays coaches have some balls and they told Rodgers to get back in there and we're going to see if youre capable of putting together a successful drive, and given the chance, Rodgers did great with more time on the field.

Did you see Rodgers after he pulled off the TD? Did you see the standing ovation? Not only does it shut up the fans, but it builds TONS of confidence for Rodgers and the whole entire team.

acehole
08-12-2008, 01:32 PM
soooo hes easing him in because if we play him too much and he sucks, then the cats out of the bag? everyone will know he sucks?? not sure of your logic here.

As a coach you try to build confidence.......

I cant imagine that outting did that.

justasportsfan
08-12-2008, 01:39 PM
This is the first time Rogers is the starter and needs all the exposure he can get while the bills are most likely looking at who they will keep and let go for the first cut.

Trent has been a starter last year and is penciled in .

Peters isn't in the line up which could mean they don't want Trent in there while they are experimenting with the OL.

With that said, I expect the bills to let Trent stay in longer as a regular season gets closer. Most likely they are figuring who gets cut first.

TacklingDummy
08-12-2008, 02:41 PM
When your offense is ranked 30th the previous year there is no reason why they shouldn't be playing the whole half of every pre-season game.

gr8slayer
08-12-2008, 05:05 PM
When your offense is ranked 30th the previous year there is no reason why they shouldn't be playing the whole half of every pre-season game.
Honestly, aside from Peters, Lynch, Walker, Dockery, and Evans everyone should be considered expendable. Those five are the only ones who have proven they can do it day in and day out and have nothing left to prove until we hit the regular season. Why not make Edwards play a half? His job should be just as much on the bubble as anyone's. Make it an open competition and the person who performs the best in camp and the pre-season is the starter for the entire year.

TacklingDummy
08-12-2008, 05:28 PM
Make it an open competition and the person who performs the best in camp and the pre-season is the starter for the entire year.

I am tired with the QB competitions. All QB competitions mean is that we don't have a QB good enough to be the starter.

gr8slayer
08-12-2008, 05:31 PM
I am tired with the QB competitions. All QB competitions mean is that we don't have a QB good enough to be the starter.
We don't need a competition to tell us that.

TacklingDummy
08-12-2008, 05:33 PM
We don't need a competition to tell us that.

I'd like to see a trade for Quinn but realistically the Bills probably will be picking QB with their first round pick next year. Who are the top college prospects?

gr8slayer
08-12-2008, 05:35 PM
I'd like to see a trade for Quinn but realistically the Bills probably will be picking QB with their first round pick next year. Who are the top college prospects?
Yeah, I'm personally not a fan of Quinn but he would be better than what we have now. We'll see, maybe Edwards is the guy and he just hasn't gotten "it" yet. But you're right, if he's not the guy we'll be drafting QB in R1 this upcoming year and we'll get another three year setback.

TacklingDummy
08-12-2008, 11:19 PM
Yeah, I'm personally not a fan of Quinn but he would be better than what we have now. We'll see, maybe Edwards is the guy and he just hasn't gotten "it" yet. But you're right, if he's not the guy we'll be drafting QB in R1 this upcoming year and we'll get another three year setback.

Agreed.

raphael120
08-13-2008, 11:48 AM

If that happens, don't think we'll just have a brand new QB, but we'll have a brand new coaching staff if that happens. Maybe we can rehire Marv next year to "set us in the right direction"....again.

Mitchell55
08-13-2008, 11:52 AM
As a coach you try to build confidence.......

I cant imagine that outting did that.

Man. You post as much logic as a 10 year old. Thats like saying to your QB, you wont play much because I want you to be confident.