PDA

View Full Version : My Steelers come a-calling...!

Preacher
08-12-2008, 01:18 AM
Hey...

been looking forward to this game.

I have a question... We have a battle at center... will the Dline give us enough of a test to see who is good at center... or is that a weakness of the Bills (I really don't know).

Other than that... how is the O line for you all... we have questions on our D line and I wander the quality we are going to face.

Hope and pray for a fun game.. no injuries. Heck, I don't even care who wins... just some good practice.

Romes
08-12-2008, 01:36 AM
Welcome and good question.

First off, our OL is a mess. Our Pro Bowler LT is holding out. We have 2 backup tackles hurt. Only 3 healthy tackles and 1 is a 7th round rookie project. So, your DL will probably look good. Our centers have problems holding up against the bull rush. The gaurds are decent but are flanked by pathetic at this moment. Summary: Please don't kill our QB.

DL: our top DT - Marcus Stroud - has reportedly had a fantastic camp bowling people over in 1-on-1 drills. So he would be a good test for your center. Problem is for you guys is he only played the first series last week. So, it might not be enough for you guys to evaluate your center. The DL appeared to be stout when Stroud was in there, but there was a considerable drop off when he was out. Summary: Watch how they hold up with Stroud in but when he is out take positive results from your guys with a grain of salt.

Preacher
08-12-2008, 01:42 AM
Welcome and good question.

First off, our OL is a mess. Our Pro Bowler LT is holding out. We have 2 backup tackles hurt. Only 3 healthy tackles and 1 is a 7th round rookie project. So, your DL will probably look good. Our centers have problems holding up against the bull rush. The gaurds are decent but are flanked by pathetic at this moment. Summary: Please don't kill our QB.

DL: our top DT - Marcus Stroud - has reportedly had a fantastic camp bowling people over in 1-on-1 drills. So he would be a good test for your center. Problem is for you guys is he only played the first series last week. So, it might not be enough for you guys to evaluate your center. The DL appeared to be stout when Stroud was in there, but there was a considerable drop off when he was out. Summary: Watch how they hold up with Stroud in but when he is out take positive results from your guys with a grain of salt.

Thanks.

That is what I was wondering. Our OL was a MESS last year, so I was wondering about how we may look.

Hopefully, the Bills will step up this year. I'd love to see 'em make the playoffs.

Devin
08-12-2008, 01:46 AM
Our DL is improved but far from dominant, if Stroud and company can set Schobel to see more 1 v 1's he will have a double digit sack year once again.

Our OL without Peters is average on a good day. It should take little effort to get the best of them.

Romes
08-12-2008, 01:47 AM
Thanks.

That is what I was wondering. Our OL was a MESS last year, so I was wondering about how we may look.

Hopefully, the Bills will step up this year. I'd love to see 'em make the playoffs.

I believe I speak for all of us when I say that we would love to see the Bills in the playoffs, too. :D

SABURZFAN
08-12-2008, 02:42 AM
we're gonna cream your Centers!!!!!!!! :jk:

can't really tell you how long our starting DL will be in either. our scrubs are horrible and won't give you a proper gauge to assess what you're evaluating.

Night Train
08-12-2008, 04:51 AM
We'll gladly take the loser at Center.

Plus any OT's you can spare.

mybills
08-12-2008, 07:25 AM
Hey Preacher, good to see you again. I agree, fun game, no injuries! :hi5:
Good luck with Leftwich..will he be starting, or waiting a game like Favre?

R. Rich
08-12-2008, 07:33 AM
Hey...

been looking forward to this game.

I have a question... We have a battle at center... will the Dline give us enough of a test to see who is good at center... or is that a weakness of the Bills (I really don't know).

Other than that... how is the O line for you all... we have questions on our D line and I wander the quality we are going to face.

Hope and pray for a fun game.. no injuries. Heck, I don't even care who wins... just some good practice.

A battle @ center???? If Sean Mahan is under center once again for Pittsburgh this year, that's not good. That job should've been Hartwig's from the moment he arrived in camp.

R. Rich
08-12-2008, 07:33 AM
We'll gladly take the loser at Center.

Sorry, but I'd rather have Fowler than Mahan (who should be the loser, since he is a loser).

Ickybaluky
08-12-2008, 07:59 AM
Hey Preacher, good to see you again. I agree, fun game, no injuries! :hi5:
Good luck with Leftwich..will he be starting, or waiting a game like Favre?

Starting? I would think Big Ben is pretty secure.

mybills
08-12-2008, 08:06 AM
no I meant playing right away..Batch got hurt.

mybills
08-12-2008, 08:58 AM
Got my answer.
http://admin.buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?post_id=3810

Preacher
08-12-2008, 06:56 PM
Yeah....

We were all a little shocked when Mahan was still in the battle. Supposedly he lost a lot of weight last year.

Who knows? Maybe this will be something where they switch duties half way through?

:clump:

One thing that is funny... a bunch of my Steelers nation brothers and sisters are yelling and screaming about picking up leftwich.... I guess they forgot just how many time he was able to engineer a win against us!

Preacher
08-12-2008, 06:59 PM
we're gonna cream your Centers!!!!!!!! :jk:

can't really tell you how long our starting DL will be in either. our scrubs are horrible and won't give you a proper gauge to assess what you're evaluating.

Sadly... I am still not sure that is a joke... I know you meant it as one.. but the reality of our OL --

2 drives last week is a good start.. but nothing to get too excited about.

SABURZFAN
08-12-2008, 07:46 PM
Sadly... I am still not sure that is a joke... I know you meant it as one.. but the reality of our OL --

2 drives last week is a good start.. but nothing to get too excited about.

sounds like you need to draft a Center next year.

mybills
08-13-2008, 06:50 AM
Yeah....

We were all a little shocked when Mahan was still in the battle. Supposedly he lost a lot of weight last year.

Who knows? Maybe this will be something where they switch duties half way through?

:clump:

One thing that is funny... a bunch of my Steelers nation brothers and sisters are yelling and screaming about picking up leftwich.... I guess they forgot just how many time he was able to engineer a win against us!
I guess we all have to deal with fans like that! :ill: