• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Dumb It Down

With a new playbook and a young QB. I hope Jauron and Co. come out conservative and let this team build confidence and experience. Our defense should do a fair share of 3 and outs, giving our offense sometime to grow and find a rhythm. This I think will be the biggest difference between last season.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Dumb It Down

Our D didn't look ready to create 3 and out's on Saturday.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Romes
      • Jul 2002

Schouman was on WGR today and he was saying that this offense is way more complicated than Fairchild's.
      Originally posted by paladin warrior
      RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
        • Jul 2003

Originally posted by MBBedard
        With a new playbook and a young QB. I hope Jauron and Co. come out conservative and let this team build confidence and experience. Our defense should do a fair share of 3 and outs, giving our offense sometime to grow and find a rhythm. This I think will be the biggest difference between last season.
        I think it is pretty obvious, the way the team is built, that the Bills hope to be sound on defense and ST while being efficient on offense. They are not going to score a ton of points, but if they can be efficient and avoid turnovers it will play to their strengths.

That said, they open with a couple of pretty good teams in Seattle and Jacksonville. Both are teams with good QB who can score, so I think the Bills need to be a little more aggressive in order to win.

Comment

• The King
          Without me it's just Awe so
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by NE39
          I think it is pretty obvious, the way the team is built, that the Bills hope to be sound on defense and ST while being efficient on offense. They are not going to score a ton of points, but if they can be efficient and avoid turnovers it will play to their strengths.
          I agree with that 100%
          I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
          "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
          You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
          It was all
          true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
          He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
          mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

Conservative in preseason, sure. Not when regular season starts. THe AFCE just got stronger with the addition of Farve and maybe even Chad. We can't afford to be conservative. Problem is, we have a conservative HC offensively.
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Bufftp
              Hi Dave!

Administrator Emeritus
              • Jul 2002

I hope they give more downs to the young qb. He's not a 7 year vet and could use more time on the field.
              Photobucket

In the end, there are only three liberal archetypes: The fools, the beneficiaries and the crooks.
              "If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day, but if you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life"
              Optyimus Ignorus Realityious!

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty.
              - John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961

To live in the presence of great truths and eternal laws,
              to be led by permanent ideals -
              that is what keeps a man patient
              when the world ignores him,
              and calm and unspoiled when the world praises him. -- Honore De Balzac

Comment

• Kenny
                • Aug 2004

how was last year's offense not conservative?

Comment

• dasaybz
                  • Apr 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
                  Our D didn't look ready to create 3 and out's on Saturday.
                  So from the 10 snaps that the starters played on defense, you got the impression that they aren't going to create 3 and outs?

Please, can you tell me what the winning lotto numbers are going to be for tonight?

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by dasaybz
                    So from the 10 snaps that the starters played on defense, you got the impression that they aren't going to create 3 and outs?

Please, can you tell me what the winning lotto numbers are going to be for tonight?
                    yeah, did you notice that our entire DT rotation except Stroud played the entire game? And they were getting blown off the ball even when Stroud was in there. Please tell me you're not naive enough to think that's somehow going to magically change when the word in front of "season" changes from "pre" to "regular".
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• dasaybz
                      • Apr 2005

yeah, did you notice that our entire DT rotation except Stroud played the entire game? And they were getting blown off the ball even when Stroud was in there. Please tell me you're not naive enough to think that's somehow going to magically change when the word in front of "season" changes from "pre" to "regular".
                      They did not play the entire game.

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

They did not play the entire game.
                        There are only 5 defensive tackles on the roster- Stroud, Jefferson, Williams, McCargo and Spencer. All except Jefferson are part of the rotation. So, unless we were playing 1 DT at a time, the guys in the rotation were playing the whole game (except Stroud).
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• dasaybz
                          • Apr 2005

There are only 5 defensive tackles on the roster- Stroud, Jefferson, Williams, McCargo and Spencer. All except Jefferson are part of the rotation. So, unless we were playing 1 DT at a time, the guys in the rotation were playing the whole game (except Stroud).
                          They have 6 DTs and 9 DEs. During the 2nd half of the game, scrubs like Shaun Nua, Corey Mace, Derrick Jones, and Teraz McCrary were playing on the line.

Did you actually watch the entire game? I did and I did not see McCargo, Williams, or Johnson on the field at all after the 2nd quarter.

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

They have 6 DTs and 9 DEs. During the 2nd half of the game, scrubs like Shaun Nua, Corey Mace, Derrick Jones, and Teraz McCrary were playing on the line.

Did you actually watch the entire game? I did and I did not see McCargo, Williams, or Johnson on the field at all after the 2nd quarter.
                            I was at the game and stayed for the entire thing. I re watched the first have on DVR the next day.

I wasn't paying much attention to the DT's in the 4th quarter.

But anyway my point holds true- our DT rotation was manhandled by their starters. And that's not going to change just because the season starts.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• HAMMER
                              I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                              • Jul 2003

Owned.

Comment

Working...
                              X