If the Bills look horrible against the Steelers is it just another pre-season game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

If the Bills look horrible against the Steelers is it just another pre-season game?

The only excuse I am giving the Bills is that it was their first pre-season game against a team that already had one under their belt.

If the Bills offense sputters and we can't stop the run against the Steelers should we use this Board's logic and call it yet another "meaningless pre-season game"?

Wasn't Jauron the one who said that we didin't do enough in pre-season last year??
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: If the Bills look horrible against the Steelers is it just another pre-season game?

well the bills didn't look horrible. There were good and bad things that happened. If you're a cynic then all you see is the bad.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• billsburgh
      • Jul 2003

Re: If the Bills look horrible against the Steelers is it just another pre-season game?

there was way too much bad and not enough good.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Re: If the Bills look horrible against the Steelers is it just another pre-season gam

Originally posted by justasportsfan
        well the bills didn't look horrible. There were good and bad things that happened. If you're a cynic then all you see is the bad.
        other than youboty and losman, what were the good things?
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• don137
          • Jul 2002

Pre-season is pre-season so while I would not be upset I would start to get a tad concerned if they do not produce at all in preseason. I agree I wish Jauron got them more in game mode but its a tough call. Be in more game mode and face more injuries or take it softer and take longer to get into game mode.
          I do not think any Bills fan is happy about what is going on in camp but I think the difference is some are more concerned than others.
          I personally am not going to get all worked up over preseason. Its very vanilla. Lets just less mental mistakes each game of preseason, see minimal injuries and see Peters get his tail in upstate New York. September 7th will be the true test.

Comment

• BAM
            • Sep 2003

Re: If the Bills look horrible against the Steelers is it just another pre-season gam

Originally posted by OpIv37
            I thought our special teams did really well other than the missed FG obviously. The return game was good I'd say.

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by BAM
              I thought our special teams did really well other than the missed FG obviously. The return game was good I'd say.
              Moorman botched a punt too- he had a 38 yarder. Fitzpatrick didn't look good but he's camp fodder (I hate to say that about an Irish guy who played at ND but it's the truth). The return game looked good- the kick coverage looked solid but not dominant.

Here's the problem: we've had great S/T for 5 years now. Where has it gotten us? Good S/T is important and it absolutely helps, but it's support for the O and the D. And on Saturday, both the O and D looked like garbage.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

MCkelvin and the st.

HArdy finally had his feet wet and a taste of a TD. Jenkins looked good. Fine got his feet wet.
                sacrifice1

Comment

• BAM
                  • Sep 2003

No matter what the offense does with it, it's still a positive for the team in my book! Hey even though the O couldn't score after that fumble, it at least got us 3.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

Moorman botched a punt too- he had a 38 yarder. .
                    Moorman is proven. No need to worry about him at this point. Use your Colts logic when they look bad in preseason "but they're proven"
                    sacrifice1

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by BAM
                      No matter what the offense does with it, it's still a positive for the team in my book! Hey even though the O couldn't score after that fumble, it at least got us 3.
                      I don't follow your logic here. The biggest problem with the O last year was red zone production. And granted they only had one trip to the red zone, but once again they left with 3 and not 7. If they can't leave with 7, the O is no better than last year's.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• hydro
                        • Oct 2005

Progress, progress, progress...

That is all I am looking for.
                        BERNIAC!

Comment

• BAM
                          • Sep 2003

I don't follow your logic here. The biggest problem with the O last year was red zone production. And granted they only had one trip to the red zone, but once again they left with 3 and not 7. If they can't leave with 7, the O is no better than last year's.
                          I don't follow your question here...

You asked what other positives there were and I said ST. ?

Comment

• BAM
                            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by hydrosmak
                            Progress, progress, progress...

That is all I am looking for.
                            Me 2. If the O and D look anything better than last week I'll be happy!

Comment

• feelthepain
                              All-Pro Zoner
                              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                              The only excuse I am giving the Bills is that it was their first pre-season game against a team that already had one under their belt.

If the Bills offense sputters and we can't stop the run against the Steelers should we use this Board's logic and call it yet another "meaningless pre-season game"?

Wasn't Jauron the one who said that we didin't do enough in pre-season last year??
                              It's tough, Clinton Portis followed by Willie Parker. I think those two guy's can have their way with any defense. I wouldn't stress over it. As for your offense, the Steelers have a good D, but If I were a Bills fan and the Bill starters have another weak showing, I'd be worried.

Comment

Working...
                              X