X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mchurchfie
    • Jul 2002

Continuing Trend

One thing I noticed in the game and has always been a pet peave of mine with this team is that this team is still very susceptible to draws. There was a couple of times Saturday when they had a blitz called on a running play and it was headed in the right direction to stifle the play for a loss but the defenders just ran blindly right by the ball carrier as he got huge gains everytime. Do these guys ever watch the ball and who has it when they come off the line or do they just put their heads down and blindly try to get into the backfield as quickly as possible?? Schobel is one of the biggest culprits of this. I want to say that Kelsay and Dennehy are pretty guilty of this too, but they are more likely to just get manhandled at the line. I'm not trying to be negative because I am pretty excited about the team this year but why has this been going on for so long and why hasn't it been corrected??
    My Band
    daveviterna.com

• madness
    • Apr 2003

Re: Continuing Trend

Poz stared down the QB on one draw while the RB was coming right at him. He made the tackle but too bad it was Fletcher-esque.

I hate learning curves.

Comment

• Oaf
      Do you read what you write?
      • Jun 2007

Yeah, dude, everyone has. If we see it, the coaches MUST be able to see it (I hope). Maybe they'll do something to correct it someday? Or heck, just freakin watch what they did when we tried it and got 3 yards.

Comment

• Oaf
        Do you read what you write?
        • Jun 2007

Fletcher was a beast against us. Probably felt good for him. Maybe we should have moved Poz out and kept Fletcher.

Comment

Working...
        X