• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Butler practicing at RT

According to a few media sources, including Chris Brown and Paul Hamilton, Brad Butler is getting work at RT with the second team offense.

The feeling here is if push comes to shove and Peters doesn’t end up on this roster before the season starts; you could end up seeing Butler starting at Right Tackle instead of Chambers, and Jason Whittle could end up starting at right guard.

Maybe even the Bills sensed this coming over the summer and had something to do with Butler’s extension.

I like this scenario better than Chambers starting but make no mistake about it, this offense goes nowhere with Peters not on the team.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Butler practicing at RT

Walker-Dock-Fowler-Whittle-Butler should be better than Walker-Dock-Fowler-Butler -Chambers.

But also, Matt Murphy and some other no-name OT got injured on Sat, so we only have 3 or 4 healthy tackles at the roster. This could just be another contingency plan in case Walker or Chambers gets injured.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• patmoran2006
      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
      • Dec 2005

The Murhpy injury really sucks because from what I gathered, Murphy was getting close to passing Chambers on the depth chart, and even starting should Peters not return. Reports I got on Murphy is he's been having an excellent camp and he played decent at Washington last weekend.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Bulldog
        Top Dog
        • Jan 2003

This team frustrates me soooo much. Buffalo is so thin at the tackle position it's disgusting, but yet they're willing to let an All-Pro tackle sit at home because they're sticking to their guns. And when one considers the salary cap situation, it becomes even more maddening. Pay Peters his god damn money and be done with it already. For the love of christ, why is this so hard to understand?
        I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006
          The Murhpy injury really sucks because from what I gathered, Murphy was getting close to passing Chambers on the depth chart, and even starting should Peters not return. Reports I got on Murphy is he's been having an excellent camp and he played decent at Washington last weekend.
          how bad was his injury anyway?
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Bulldog
            Top Dog
            • Jan 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
            how bad was his injury anyway?
            The corpse didn't seem to optimistic when they asked him about the injury. I know he went to the hospital for X-rays and they said he was in quite a bit of discomfort.

Comment

• mchurchfie
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Bulldog
              This team frustrates me soooo much. Buffalo is so thin at the tackle position it's disgusting, but yet they're willing to let an All-Pro tackle sit at home because they're sticking to their guns. And when one considers the salary cap situation, it becomes even more maddening. Pay Peters his god damn money and be done with it already. For the love of christ, why is this so hard to understand?
              Tightass Ralph and his senile old school mentality.
              My Band
              daveviterna.com

Comment

• Bulldog
                Top Dog
                • Jan 2003

Originally posted by mchurchfie
                Tightass Ralph and his senile old school mentality.
                You know, I didn't always agree with how Ralph spent his money, but I never thought of him as cheap. Well with the gobs of money coming in from Toronto and the season a sellout for all intensive purposes, I'm really starting to wonder. The Peters thing is what gets me the most. Peters should be one of the highest payed tackles in the game, and he's currently on a team that has a guard and another tackle, one that has about 1/5 of his ability, making more than he does. But in the Bills world, it seems perfectly logical to play hardball with a player that is among the most dominant at his position. Maybe when Edwards gets his bell rung because Chambers or Butler gets beaten like a rented mule, maybe then we'll give Peters his money.

Comment

• madness
                  • Apr 2003

Whittle held his own Sat. which is more then I can say for Chambers. I like the move. Plus, if Butler gets beat on the outside... I bet that DE gets body slammed on the next play.

Comment

• bigbub2352
                    • Feb 2005

I wrote a thread about this earlier, i think this move is excellent, and if we play super hard ball with Peters, then i think Butler on the outside with either McKaskill or Whittle on the inside is a better scenario

We need to get Peters in now, this should be panic time for the FO with Peters, sign him up get this thing over with back to normal

Whittle sucks sorry but he gets pushed around, as was murpghy we need upgrades on our OLine, this is one area we needed to get bodies in camp i was surprised by us only signing one UDFA in Felton

We should be looking for a Oline after the first round of cuts for sure especially a vet
                    XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• bigbub2352
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                      Not to argue, but i heard the exact opposite, and when i went to camp we was getting schooled and looked to have no push at all in the preseason game
                      XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

Working...
                      X