PDA

View Full Version : Oh by the way

dolfan25
07-17-2002, 03:29 AM
Your new uniforms, especially the white ones, suck.

And why doesn't the colors on your helmet match the jerseys. I think they could've done a better job.

But in the long run I could care less about uni's. If you win the SB in pink and yellow, who cares.

SABURZFAN
07-17-2002, 03:49 AM
why do you care?

dolfan25
07-17-2002, 03:55 AM
cause I live in an area where I see a lot of Bills games. The one that Drew wore isn't so bad but the white 1 blows. I probably see more Bills coverage then you based on where we live. I don't see what was wrong with the old ones.

eyedog
07-17-2002, 07:42 AM
i gotta agree with you dolfan. the new uni's do suck, but it doesn't really matter to me either as long as we start winning again and we will be starting this year, with the play-offs next year. and if your fins choke a little earlier than usual, we could be in the play-offs this year.

The Shadow
07-17-2002, 07:45 AM
A Dolfelon fan ragging our uni's??? Now that's funny...especially since Miami wears those hideously ugly and gay aqua and teal unis that look like something George Michael might have worn into the public restroom where he was busted rubbing one out.

eyedog
07-17-2002, 07:52 AM
well shadow i don't think i've ever heard their uni's described quite like that, but it does apply.

The Shadow
07-17-2002, 07:56 AM
Thanks eyedog. And another thing...you may or may not like the new Bills unis now (I'm on the fence about them), but I guaran-goddamn-tee we will come to love them when the Bills are wearing them as they pass around the Lombardi Trophy.

Phins054
07-17-2002, 10:32 AM
I dunno....you might have another uniform change or two before that happens Shadow...

THATHURMANATOR
07-17-2002, 10:39 AM
OUCH!!!!!

gonzo1105
07-17-2002, 11:41 AM
I dont know they probably aren't that bad but like any other new uni's it takes the fans time to grow on them

The_Philster
07-17-2002, 03:23 PM
I like them myself. I'll even be getting my customized one done in both home and away. Speaking of which, anyone heard anything about Stadium SportsWear? They have them yet so I can make my order?

BillsMan80
07-17-2002, 05:03 PM
I really like the white ones myself...In fact, I have a white jersey already...Clements one that is great.

northernbillfan
07-18-2002, 01:02 PM
The new unis are starting to grow on me and I really like them.

#1 Bills Fan
07-19-2002, 02:39 AM
The home jerseys are awesome.

http://secure1.esportspartners.com/store-bills/images/products/standard/J115h.jpg

The new road jerseys will take some getting used to.

http://secure1.esportspartners.com/store-bills/images/products/standard/j112a.jpg

BillsMan80
07-19-2002, 09:19 PM
The Whites are a lot better than wearing White, Aqua, and Orange...

dolfan25
07-19-2002, 10:07 PM
I don't think you'll have these ones very long. I wouldn't be surprised if after 5 or 10 years the Bills went back to the old ones.

WG
07-20-2002, 08:02 AM
Oh by the way...

...how come the Phins can't manage to stick within 50 points and ever advance beyond the second round of the POs, and then, only if they won a WC game?

Yes, the white unis do have issues...

dolfan25
07-20-2002, 09:14 AM
Nice response Wys. I love how Bills fans put down the Fins for their playoff losses. When was the last time the Bills actually won a playoff game. It 's not far off a decade now. Win 1 playoff game in the next couple of years b4 you start making fun of 1 that does.

angneli
07-22-2002, 10:23 AM
Go to a super bowl. getting close to two decades aren't we.

dolfan25
07-22-2002, 06:41 PM
Win a SB it's going on never isn't it?

Dozerdog
07-22-2002, 07:22 PM
We won the ultimate prrize twice, so did you. Since ours were 37 years ago, and yours were 30 years ago, isnt this a childish argument?

It's like talking stanly cup smack-"Oh Yeah, well the Leafs won the cup in the 60's, na na nah!"

Let's just wait until the season starts....

" Your uniforms are ugly..."

"No, your unioforms are uglier.....na na nah!"

SABURZFAN
07-23-2002, 05:18 AM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
Oh by the way...

...how come the Phins can't manage to stick within 50 points and ever advance beyond the second round of the POs, and then, only if they won a WC game?

Yes, the white unis do have issues...

:lol:

dolfan25
07-23-2002, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
We won the ultimate prrize twice, so did you. Since ours were 37 years ago, and yours were 30 years ago, isnt this a childish argument?

It's like talking stanly cup smack-"Oh Yeah, well the Leafs won the cup in the 60's, na na nah!"

Let's just wait until the season starts....

" Your uniforms are ugly..."

"No, your unioforms are uglier.....na na nah!"

Are you saying that an AFL championship is equal to a SB?

And what is an even funnier question. Do you think the Bills would've beat the Packers if there was a SB then?

The reason I commented on the uni's was they are new. I don't usually care but with all the hype about the Bills uni change I feel they could've done a better job.

The_Philster
07-23-2002, 09:04 PM
No one is saying that the AFL Championships were exactly equal to Super Bowl victories...but we did win a league title, which is all the Super Bowl is.
Actually, the 1964 Bills team WOULD have beaten the Browns...the NFL champ that year..the following year would be a tougher call.

WCoastFin
07-24-2002, 06:03 PM
the point is "Youve NEVER won a Super Bowl!"

THATHURMANATOR
07-24-2002, 06:42 PM
And you haven't won one in 30 years. I was negative 5 when you last won one so it means absolutly nothing to me.

mchurchfie
07-24-2002, 09:39 PM
Lets put it this way Thurm, the last time the Fins one a SB, Afros and polyestor leisure suits were the "in" thing and Shula sported long sideburns:pimp: ha ha haz!

WCoastFin
07-24-2002, 09:42 PM
To bad I cant say what people wear wearing when the bills won one...

mchurchfie
07-24-2002, 10:20 PM
Who cares, back under your rock Slingblade:o:

dolfan25
07-24-2002, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
And you haven't won one in 30 years. I was negative 5 when you last won one so it means absolutly nothing to me.

the world started the day you were born. They keep records for a reason Thurm. Let's ask the NFL to only keep the records after you became a fan since that's all that means anything to you.

Jim Brown, the Steelers, Roger Staubach they don't mean anything since you weren't around. Please. I'm only 5 years older than you but I respect what the great players did before I was born.

You know that guy who just died, Ted Williams, he did everything 20 and 30 years b4 you were born. Does that take away from his accomplishments? No. Heck the Yankees and the Habs won most of their titles long before either you or I was born. Does that mean they're not the most successful teams in sports? No. Who's the greater Basketball franchise, the Lakers or Celtics? I grew up a Lakers fan but it is the Celtics.

Ask BDuff or Rude if the Leafs are the 2nd most successful team in the NHL despite the fact it's been 35 years since they won or even appeared in a Cup final.

You ever notice that when players win championships they say "They can never take this away from us" that's because you can't. Heck Bills fans have been talking about how crap Brady and the Pats are but you know what they're the champs and they now have something the Bills don't, a SB title and ring.

If the Bills won SB 1 do you think Bills fans would say it doesn't matter because it happened in the late 60's? I don't. Of course the Fins winning means nothing to you, you're a Bills fan. If the Bills won those titles, would it still mean nothing? Especially to the City of Buffalo. I think a Bills SB champion team whether it be SB1 or SB 25 would be gods in that city.

The fact is among AFC East teams the Fish, Jets, Colts and now Pats have all been more successful than the Bills, and until the Bills actually win a SB they always will be. If the Pats don't win another SB in the next 20 years and the Bills go to the champ. game 10 times and lose,the Pats will be a more successful franchise. Just the harshness of Pro Sports. Ask Marino, Kelly and any other great who didn't win it all. Was Barry better than Emmitt? Most definitely. Did Emmitt have a more successful career? Yes because of 3 rings and a much better supporting cast.

Sabre Ally
07-24-2002, 11:34 PM
My goodness, that was almost long enough and boring enough to qualify as a wys post.

:jk:

mchurchfie
07-24-2002, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by dolfan25

the world started the day you were born. They keep records for a reason Thurm. Let's ask the NFL to only keep the records after you became a fan since that's all that means anything to you.

Jim Brown, the Steelers, Roger Staubach they don't mean anything since you weren't around. Please. I'm only 5 years older than you but I respect what the great players did before I was born.

You know that guy who just died, Ted Williams, he did everything 20 and 30 years b4 you were born. Does that take away from his accomplishments? No. Heck the Yankees and the Habs won most of their titles long before either you or I was born. Does that mean they're not the most successful teams in sports? No. Who's the greater Basketball franchise, the Lakers or Celtics? I grew up a Lakers fan but it is the Celtics.

Ask BDuff or Rude if the Leafs are the 2nd most successful team in the NHL despite the fact it's been 35 years since they won or even appeared in a Cup final.

You ever notice that when players win championships they say "They can never take this away from us" that's because you can't. Heck Bills fans have been talking about how crap Brady and the Pats are but you know what they're the champs and they now have something the Bills don't, a SB title and ring.

If the Bills won SB 1 do you think Bills fans would say it doesn't matter because it happened in the late 60's? I don't. Of course the Fins winning means nothing to you, you're a Bills fan. If the Bills won those titles, would it still mean nothing? Especially to the City of Buffalo. I think a Bills SB champion team whether it be SB1 or SB 25 would be gods in that city.

The fact is among AFC East teams the Fish, Jets, Colts and now Pats have all been more successful than the Bills, and until the Bills actually win a SB they always will be. If the Pats don't win another SB in the next 20 years and the Bills go to the champ. game 10 times and lose,the Pats will be a more successful franchise. Just the harshness of Pro Sports. Ask Marino, Kelly and any other great who didn't win it all. Was Barry better than Emmitt? Most definitely. Did Emmitt have a more successful career? Yes because of 3 rings and a much better supporting cast.

What does this have to do with the fact that we are going to whip the sh-t out of you guys this year:lastyr: :hump:

dolfan25
07-25-2002, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by mchurchfie

What does this have to do with the fact that we are going to whip the sh-t out of you guys this year:lastyr: :hump:

Sure Church. Didn't Greg Williams say you were a SB team last year too? We've heard it before. I keep hearing this but I'm still waiting for it to happen.

It got longer than I first expected but I have to laugh when people are so self-centred that nothing means anything until you were born. If a person is Thurm's age and they were Jewish should the holocaust mean nothing to them?

A lot of the girls I know and a few I've dated have this trait. If I talk to them about Pearl Harbor all their responses have to do with Ben Affleck. I once went out with a girl who is now 27 and she didn't know what band was comprised of the members named:John, Paul, George, and Ringo. Shouldn't you know that through osmosis of living in our world. I know this is way off topic but this kind of attitude astonishes me. But I'm a history buff

Man this thread has sure deviated from a critique on the Bills uni's

mchurchfie
07-25-2002, 12:13 AM

Sure Church. Didn't Greg Williams say you were a SB team last year too? We've heard it before. I keep haring this but I'm still waiting for it to happen.

LOL...you must have heard him wrong..he said 3-13, not SB Team. :ill:

dolfan25
07-25-2002, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by mchurchfie

LOL...you must have heard him wrong..he said 3-13, not SB Team. :ill:

I've heard them play it on WGR many times about how last year's team had the talent to make it to the SB. I've also heard that quote where he puts down the Bills previous defenses under Cottrell and how he ran better defenses in Tennessee.

mchurchfie
07-25-2002, 12:29 AM

I've heard them play it on WGR many times about how last year's team had the talent to make it to the SB. I've also heard that quote where he puts down the Bills previous defenses under Cottrell and how he ran better defenses in Tennessee.

Well, we have him back on his medication now and he is doing much better:bling:

dolfan25
07-25-2002, 12:58 AM
So he did say it right? And where is East Shelby?

mchurchfie
07-25-2002, 09:24 AM
30 miles NE of Buffalo.