• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Confused
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Jun 2007

Doom and Gloom

Right off the bat, any response stating how stupid we would be to trade Peters will be negged and ignored. I know it would be really freeking dumb to trade him. What I am trying to speculate here is:
    Imagine.......
    Jason Peters holds out well into the regular season. talks(are there any?) break down, trust is destroyed and all that nastyness comes to a head. Its time for Jason to find a new home.
    What is he worth on the trading block?

I say he is undoubtably worth a 1st. If he goes to a team that is a serious contender, meaning said 1st would be a late 1st(say pick21-32) we get a third as well.

Thoughts?
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: Doom and Gloom

1st and a 3rd
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• patmoran2006
      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
      • Dec 2005

Disturbing to hear, but I'd be dishonest if i said anything else: Id rather Ralphie was gone and take my chances we'd get a real owner who wants to not only keep the team in Buffalo but win also, before I'd root for this team again if they were to trade away their franchise, elite left tackle for draft picks.

There is NO draft picks out there that compensate for a franchise LT. Do you know how hard it is to find an elite left tackle? You could draft the top OT in the draft for a decade straight and if two of those 10 became as good as Peters we'd be lucky.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
        Pinkerton's son
        • Feb 2006

Originally posted by patmoran2006
        Disturbing to hear, but I'd be dishonest if i said anything else: Id rather Ralphie was gone and take my chances we'd get a real owner who wants to not only keep the team in Buffalo but win also, before I'd root for this team again if they were to trade away their franchise, elite left tackle for draft picks.

There is NO draft picks out there that compensate for a franchise LT. Do you know how hard it is to find an elite left tackle? You could draft the top OT in the draft for a decade straight and if two of those 10 became as good as Peters we'd be lucky.
        what he said...

Comment

• patmoran2006
          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
          • Dec 2005

When you have an elite Quarterback, Left Tackle or Defensive End, you do NOT trade them or let them go. They're far and away the most irreplacable positions in football.

Every year you see a ton of huge free agent signings. but how often are they LT, DE or QB? Rarely ever. They're usually WR, CB, G, RB, LB. They're more easy to replace.

Jason Peters is as irreplacable to Buffalo as Peyton Manning is to Indy.

Comment

• mayotm
            • Jul 2003

Since we are playing fantasy here, Peters and Youboty for Joe Thomas.

Comment

• Confused
              All-Pro Zoner
              • Jun 2007

whats the hold up with re-signing this fat sum***** then? Does he not want to be a Bill? Can we buy his affection for the team?

I'm frustrated.

Say he hates Buffalo( ungrateful *****. we took a chance on him remember?) Will he hold out the next 3 years?

I had an epiphany, He doesnt want to be here. Its the only thing that makes sense at this point. Or his agent is a total Jerk-off which is a distinct possibility. Has Steven Jackson reported yet? same agent.

Comment

• Confused
                All-Pro Zoner
                • Jun 2007

Originally posted by mayotm
                Since we are playing fantasy here, Peters and Youboty for Joe Thomas.
                Peters Losman Reed and Yourbooty for Thomas and Winslow.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                  Give me a minute...
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                  When you have an elite Quarterback, Left Tackle or Defensive End, you do NOT trade them or let them go. They're far and away the most irreplacable positions in football.

Every year you see a ton of huge free agent signings. but how often are they LT, DE or QB? Rarely ever. They're usually WR, CB, G, RB, LB. They're more easy to replace.

Jason Peters is as irreplacable to Buffalo as Peyton Manning is to Indy.
                  You need to stop hitting the bong. Peters is invaluable but he is not Peyton Manning. Nor is he an elite LT. He has made all of one freakin' Pro Bowl which is a glorified popularity contest. ELITE players make the probowl annually. Don't crown him Munoz just yet.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                    Give me a minute...
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by hoofhearted
                    Peters Losman Reed and Yourbooty for Thomas and Winslow.
                    yeah...and then they go remove the grapefruit sized tumor from the Cleveland GM.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• yordad
                      • Dec 2007

two 1st to start
                      "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• patmoran2006
                        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                        You need to stop hitting the bong. Peters is invaluable but he is not Peyton Manning. Nor is he an elite LT. He has made all of one freakin' Pro Bowl which is a glorified popularity contest. ELITE players make the probowl annually. Don't crown him Munoz just yet.
                        I didnt say he was as good as Peyton Manning. I said he is as valuabe to us as Manning is to the Colts.

THe Bills will be fortunate to win 6 games if Peters didnt play this year. The offense will be THAT bad. and our defense is not THAT good.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                          • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                          yeah...and then they go remove the grapefruit sized tumor from the Cleveland GM.
                          if 32 GMs in the league could pick two tackles in the NFL right now to build their teams around, I highly doubt any less than 29-30 would pick Peters and Joe Thomas.

Bills fans dont realize how dominating Peters is because the rest of the offense is pretty pathetic.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                            Roways rooking ahread!
                            • Sep 2005

Originally posted by yordad
                            two 1st to start
                            If this be the case then let's send him to Miami so we can get the first pick in the draft for the next few years.

Comment

• raphael120
                              Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
                              • Oct 2005

If Buffalo trades Peters I'm trading my Buffalo fandom in for Steelers fandom. At that point, theyre not serious about winning and I want to root for a team that does.

Comment

Working...
                              X