PDA

View Full Version : What happened to the "peters in buffalo" thread?

Bruce is Loose
08-13-2008, 08:32 AM
I was drinking last night but I could swear I read a thread on Peters in Buffalo. Was this deleted or flagged as spam? I cant find it anywhere today.

LtFinFan66
08-13-2008, 08:33 AM
Moved to spam I believe until it can be validated

Bruce is Loose
08-13-2008, 08:35 AM
thanks

PromoTheRobot
08-13-2008, 08:52 AM
Pretty obvious it's false.

PTR

billsburgh
08-13-2008, 09:19 AM
Mike Catalana deserves to be tarred and feathered

Goobylal
08-13-2008, 09:20 AM
My thread gets moved, despite the source being Mike Catalana, yet the majority of the same repetitive garbage gets left on this board. Amazing.

LtFinFan66
08-13-2008, 09:39 AM
That's what happens until verification can be found. It happens to any thread of this type. If something is found, I am sure it would be moved back

raphael120
08-13-2008, 09:42 AM
My thread gets moved, despite the source being Mike Catalana, yet the majority of the same repetitive garbage gets left on this board. Amazing.

why dont you just start a "My thead got moved to spam- REP THREAD!!!!!"

patmoran2006
08-13-2008, 10:05 AM
if its a report from a TV station, wouldnt there by a link on that station? I'm just asking.

ZacGriffi~82
08-13-2008, 10:17 AM
What the hell? I saw the report too. It's not his fault local news stations don't update their sites.

BlackMetalNinja
08-13-2008, 10:22 AM
If we treated every unverified story as actual news, this place would be a mess. His thread got the same treatment every similar thread does. Until a link of some sort verifying the story is posted, it'll remain there.

If we do get verification, any mod will be more than happy to move it back to this area.

raphael120
08-13-2008, 11:05 AM
BTW, been googling this story and it seems like the same speculation that happened here happened on other Bills sites too. I would assume if something is being done, it would be under wraps, just like the Stroud trade...remember how we heard nothing and thought it was never going to happen?

RedEyE
08-13-2008, 11:24 AM
But I have a rich neighbor, who's sister is married to the Bills's chef, who had sex with the janitor, and he broke Peter's return while being interviewed by radio station NE212.

So...it has to be true.

Forward_Lateral
08-13-2008, 11:38 AM
If it's on TV, it has to be true. Everyone knows this.

God.

Mudflap1
08-13-2008, 12:03 PM
I'm with Raphael on this one. I doubt the Bills were happy that a "sighting" was on TV regarding such a critical issue. They probably called the station and told them to STFU. The last thing the Bills want is for it to look like in the public light they are pulling down their pants and caving in for Peters. They want to get something done quietly without a circus.

Jon

JJamezz
08-13-2008, 12:23 PM
When a guy has been around as long as Goobylal, I think he should at least be given the benefit of the doubt.. The source of the info may be off the mark, but I never thought for a moment that he was just making s**t up to get a rise out of people, like so many around here love to do. He's just reporting what he heard - how it's on him if the source ends up being inaccurate is beyond me.

Anyway.. I didn't see the channel 13 broadcast, but Shredd and Ragan have their shows archived online - here is the clip...

<embed src="http://www.billszone.com/media/player/mediaplayer.swf" width="470" height="20" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" flashvars="height=20&width=470&file=http://www.billszone.com/media/audio/2008.08.12.shredd.ragan.peters.mp3"/>

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
08-13-2008, 12:50 PM
How is a thread referencing a TV story not worthy of discussion on this board.

Speculation is going to occur no matter what....so if someone were to start a thread stating that they would not be suprised if Jason Peters misses all of training camp, should their post be moved as well?

I just feel that whomever moved it jumped the gun here.....it's not like it was just posted on some blog somewhere.

raphael120
08-13-2008, 12:55 PM
"We know some guys that said there could be some movement coming."

Better than nothin I guess...

Ickybaluky
08-13-2008, 12:57 PM
Perhaps this will spawn a litany of similar threads. We can make a game of it, kind of like the whole "Where's Waldo?" thing. In this case, it would be "Where's Peters?".

For instance, I swear I saw Jason Peters in the crown at the US vs. Angola olympic basketball game.

BlackMetalNinja
08-13-2008, 01:41 PM
How is a thread referencing a TV story not worthy of discussion on this board.

Speculation is going to occur no matter what....so if someone were to start a thread stating that they would not be suprised if Jason Peters misses all of training camp, should their post be moved as well?

I just feel that whomever moved it jumped the gun here.....it's not like it was just posted on some blog somewhere.
As I've already stated, if we let every person that wants to make up something (and I'm not accusing Goobylal of that at all) and post it here like it's news, it'll cause chaos. A great deal of our members come here to get their news, and if we start treating any old thing like it IS news, than people stop trusting us as a source, and that's a bad thing obviously.

So this thread got treated just like all the other "news" threads that get started without some sort of source that can be checked. Should we get viable evidence, we can move it back.