X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • acehole
    • Jan 2006

Lee not Happy..

Evans upset with stagnant offense: Buffalo Bills fans worried about this year's offense initially looking no better than last year's anemic attack aren't alone. Receiver Lee Evans shares the concerns after what he saw in the Bills' preseason opener. "No doubt about it," Evans said Monday, the Bills' first day back at training camp following a 17-14 loss at Washington last weekend. Evans then went down the list of troubles -- mental errors, penalties, lack of finish and even a failure to deal with crowd noise during a road game. "It started to come as the game went along, but it's those mental errors we've got to get rid of," he said. "I think it was a good learning experience for us."
    (Updated 08/11/2008).

I told you Lee would not tie himself to this mess if it did not improve.
    Notice as the game when on quote.....

Hmm what transpired as the game when on?

Hmm.

Do you think he is the only vet that is concerned they
    are here just to wait on Trents progress?

College... loser...he was injury prone..

Last season 29th rated passer...."Relax ...it doent mean squat...he is a winner! 5-4!! Yea!!! Well at least 4-4 if you dont over look he looked like crap and JP threw the game winner!!

Training camp..... "Hey it is only training camp... relax"

Preseason....."Hey relax...it is only pre season....

The season...."Hey relax...it is just the season
    ...he is bound to have a 9 game run of bad luck
    ...well new offense and such."

This is BS.
    ...it will turn out the 6 posters were right and the 36 ignored the truth.

Thursday is upon us!

WHAT SAY YOU!
    Hated by the stupid..
    Loved by their moms.

• camelcowboy
    • Mar 2005

Re: Lee not Happy..

I don't see anything damning about lee's quote.

Comment

• gr8slayer
      • Feb 2005

You called something that everyone has known since the season ended last year, you called a WR going into a contract year being unhappy about not being signed long-term. Good job going out on a limb, quit tooting your own horn.

Comment

• acehole
        • Jan 2006

Originally posted by gr8slayer
        You called something that everyone has known since the season ended last year, you called a WR going into a contract year being unhappy about not being signed long-term. Good job going out on a limb, quit tooting your own horn.
        That is not what he is saying...

Please read again and pay attention this time.

He said nothing about dollars.
        Hated by the stupid..
        Loved by their moms.

Comment

• acehole
          • Jan 2006

Originally posted by camelcowboy
          I don't see anything damning about lee's quote.
          "Evans upset with stagnant offense"

Did you think the list
          made him happy then?
          Hated by the stupid..
          Loved by their moms.

Comment

• gr8slayer
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by acehole

Perhaps you should take your own advice or quit trying to over-analyze and turn everything into a doom and gloom scenario.
            "No doubt about it," Evans said Monday, the Bills' first day back at training camp following a 17-14 loss at Washington last weekend. Evans then went down the list of troubles -- mental errors, penalties, lack of finish and even a failure to deal with crowd noise during a road game. "It started to come as the game went along, but it's those mental errors we've got to get rid of," he said. "I think it was a good learning experience for us."
            "I think it was a good learning experience for us" - Yeah, he sounds just furious.

The same thing is being said by Romo this week in Dallas after the horrible second half the Cowboys had against the Chargers. Again, quit tooting your own horn.

Comment

• ddaryl
              Everything I post is sexual inuendo
              • Jan 2005

I think Lee is just being a leader and calling out his teammates to get their friggin heads in the game and stop making drive stalling mistakes...

this is what leaders do...

Comment

• camelcowboy
                • Mar 2005

he listed the problems and said it was a good learning expierence. Looks like pretty standard stuff. I'm sorry, the angle your taking with his quote is a gross over reaction.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by camelcowboy
                  he listed the problems and said it was a good learning expierence. Looks like pretty standard stuff. I'm sorry, the angle your taking with his quote is gross over reaction.
                  Originally posted by ddaryl
                  I think Lee is just being a leader and calling out his teammates to get their friggin heads in the game and stop making drive stalling mistakes...

this is what leaders do...
                  It really isn't that complex; but some people live for drama and would love nothing more than for Evans to blow up and be angry.

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

honestly, I understand why you're concerned about Edwards. But seriously, what's the problem with Lee's comments? The O underperformed, he admitted it and said they had to learn from it.

Lee was here at the end of Moulds' career and there's no doubt that it taught him something. If the O doesn't make strides this year, no doubt he walks. He's not going to waste away here while the Bills play musical QB's.

But I just don't see these comments as a sign of any of that. What's he supposed to say? "Yeah, the O didn't perform well but I'm fine with it- the D and ST can carry us".
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• raphael120
                      Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
                      • Oct 2005

B-b-but...it's only preseason.

Comment

• yordad
                        • Dec 2007

Evans may not have intended to say what he said, but he said it. "It started to come as the game went along", says "our backups were crisper then the starters".

It is a fine line. You don't want to read too much into a quote, but players aren't exactly free to say anything they want so some interpreting is sometimes needed. And, being that Evans is educated and articulate, I think he knew exactly what he was saying.

Now assessing the level of Evan's alarm is open to interpretation, but he is clearly alarmed.
                        "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Bruce is Loose
                          • Jul 2002

"Evans upset with stagnant offense"

Did you think the list
                          made him happy then?
                          Im sure Evans came up with the title of the article here as well, so that is valid.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                            Pinkerton's son
                            • Feb 2006

this is a rediculous case of blowing an obvious quote out of proportion. Dick also said he was not happy with how we played, I dont think anyone is truly happy with how they played. Was he supposed to say they played well?

Comment

• Mahdi
                              • Mar 2004

Evans upset with stagnant offense: Buffalo Bills fans worried about this year's offense initially looking no better than last year's anemic attack aren't alone. Receiver Lee Evans shares the concerns after what he saw in the Bills' preseason opener. "No doubt about it," Evans said Monday, the Bills' first day back at training camp following a 17-14 loss at Washington last weekend. Evans then went down the list of troubles -- mental errors, penalties, lack of finish and even a failure to deal with crowd noise during a road game. "It started to come as the game went along, but it's those mental errors we've got to get rid of," he said. "I think it was a good learning experience for us."
                              (Updated 08/11/2008).

I told you Lee would not tie himself to this mess if it did not improve.
                              Notice as the game when on quote.....

Hmm what transpired as the game when on?

Hmm.

Do you think he is the only vet that is concerned they
                              are here just to wait on Trents progress?

College... loser...he was injury prone..

Last season 29th rated passer...."Relax ...it doent mean squat...he is a winner! 5-4!! Yea!!! Well at least 4-4 if you dont over look he looked like crap and JP threw the game winner!!

Training camp..... "Hey it is only training camp... relax"

Preseason....."Hey relax...it is only pre season....

The season...."Hey relax...it is just the season
                              ...he is bound to have a 9 game run of bad luck
                              ...well new offense and such."

This is BS.
                              ...it will turn out the 6 posters were right and the 36 ignored the truth.

Thursday is upon us!

WHAT SAY YOU!
                              I expect any good leader to point out what he believes needs to improve. The fact that he called it a good learning experience shows he is not looking at things negatively. Lee is fine, and I expect he will sign an extension very soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X