PDA

View Full Version : at least parker is talking to somebody?

patmoran2006
08-13-2008, 02:19 PM
Not sure how or if this may effect the Bills with Peters, but.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
From PFT<o:p></o:p>
ICE THAWING BETWEEN RAMS, JACKSON? (http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/08/13/ice-thawing-between-rams-jackson/)<o:p></o:p>

Posted by Mike Florio on August 13, 2008, 1:10 p.m. <o:p></o:p>
There’s a report in the St. Louis Post-Dispatch that “there have been low-key talks in the last day or two (http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/stories.nsf/rams/story/94F88940A57DC904862574A4000EA581?OpenDocument)” between Rams exec Jay Zygmunt and agent Eugene Parker, who represents running back Steven Jackson.<o:p></o:p>
As we hear it, however, there have been no talks of any kind between the two sides. Moments ago, a source with knowledge of the situation told us that, ever since the Rams took the position that negotiations wouldn’t continue until <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Jackson</st1:place></st1:City> reports for camp, Parker has not been in contact with the team.<o:p></o:p>
Regardless of whether there have or haven’t been “low-key talks,” it appears that both sides still have a long way to go before resolving this dispute. And the dilemma the Rams continue to face is that, if they sign <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Jackson</st1:place></st1:City> to a big-money deal now, he’ll possibly lose his on-field edge.<o:p></o:p>
But maybe there’s a way to satisfy <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Jackson</st1:place></st1:City> in the short term without undermining his desire to bang hats with opposing defenders. If we were running the show in St. Louis (and every Rams fans should thank the heavens every night that we aren’t), we’d offer a two-year deal with $10 million to sign, low base salaries, and up to another $6 million in total incentives based on Jackson’s performance over the next two seasons. We’d also throw in a commitment that no devices would be used to limit his ability to become an unrestricted free agent in 2010. (But we’d also consider asking for a right to match any deal he signs elsewhere.)<o:p></o:p>
This way, <st1:City w:st="on">Jackson</st1:City> gets good money in the short term, the Rams have a running back who still has a reason to run hard, and the market can determin <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Jackson</st1:City></st1:place>’s value in 2010.<o:p></o:p>

What I don’t’ like about it is that perhaps Parker is busy with the Rams. I highly doubt he’s in talks with the Bills and the Rams at the same time about his clients. Parker is quickly replacing Ralph Wilson as my least favorite figure in football.<o:p></o:p>

raphael120
08-13-2008, 02:23 PM
Let this domino fall and start things up with Peters.

bigbub2352
08-13-2008, 02:25 PM
i really dont understand Eugene parkers stance, i mean the Bills FO did say that they would be willing to talk money, it is not Peters last year of a deal, i think everyone wants the situation resolved, Weird how this is going

Parker is scum

Confused
08-13-2008, 02:30 PM
Peters hasnt got hurt at camp, unlike half the team. thats a positive. maybe he shows after break.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
08-13-2008, 02:44 PM
To keep things consistent, this thread should be moved to the same place the Peters in Orchard Park thread went.