PDA

View Full Version : Anyone mad that it took 2 injuries to talk to peters.

Mitchell55
08-13-2008, 03:00 PM
We had 2 injuries on I think monday. Tuesday and today we are finally talking to him. Im kind of upset it took this much to do the talking. Would we of not talked to Peters if there werent the 2 injuries, or did it just happened like that?

ps- im trying to have a mature thread. please no smack talk.

patmoran2006
08-13-2008, 03:01 PM
There is nothing confirmed we are talking to him.

TacklingDummy
08-13-2008, 03:05 PM
It would be an easy conversation.

FO: Jason, you still have 3 years left on your contract. You are coming off an injury. Play this year, show us the injury was a fluke, perform at Pro-Bowl level and maybe we will think about giving a new contract next year. If not enjoy the fines because you are property of the Buffalo Bills for the next 5 years if we feel like tagging you.

patmoran2006
08-13-2008, 03:11 PM

FO: Jason, you still have 3 years left on your contract. You are coming off an injury. Play this year, show us the injury was a fluke, perform at Pro-Bowl level and maybe we will think about giving a new contract next year. If not enjoy the fines because you are property of the Buffalo Bills for the next 5 years if we feel like tagging you.
Good strategy.

Throw away a football season, maybe more than just one. So that a point could be proven to our best player that you don't try and stick it old puke Ralphie' for more money when you still have years left on your current deal.

justasportsfan
08-13-2008, 03:12 PM

who knows if they already didn't say that? THey already said they've contacted them and it's Peters who hasn't been replying.

patmoran2006
08-13-2008, 03:19 PM
Put to rest the OL talk and people defending it because we looked bad in a preseason game.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
The bottom line is easy to see.<o:p></o:p>
We currently have a LT who was a disaster two years ago with the Raiders (Walker), giving up more sacks than anyone in the NFL, and came to Buffalo last year and was a revelation at Right tackle. Let me say that again.. Right Tackle. He’s not a left tackle, and even he knows it.<o:p></o:p>
We have a LG (Dockery) who is elite only in salary.<o:p></o:p>
We have a RG (<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Butler</st1:place></st1:City>) that the jury is still out on.<o:p></o:p>
We have a RT (Chambers) who is so bad I’m not sure his mother thinks he should be starting.<o:p></o:p>
We have a C (Fowler) who was pretty much garbage last year against bigger DT’s, and I don’t think he’s getting better anytime soon.<o:p></o:p>
And You want to the Bills to let Peters to sit and rot because a “contract is a contract”?
Or he should have to prove himself again this year?<o:p></o:p>
You cannot win in the NFL with a crap OL and without Peters, this OL is just that.. total crap.<o:p></o:p>
I think you secretly love this team sucking; it gives you a reason to post your “30<SUP>th</SUP> ranked offense” garbage everytime you enter a thread, or post how ****ty our starting QB stats are... You wouldn’t know what to do with yourself is this was a playoff team. I think your Wys’ distant cousin or something.<o:p></o:p>

Ebenezer
08-13-2008, 03:19 PM
Good strategy.

Throw away a football season, maybe more than just one. So that a point could be proven to our best player that you don't try and stick it old puke Ralphie' for more money when you still have years left on your current deal.
you did it again. "best player"? really? :shakeno:

patmoran2006
08-13-2008, 03:21 PM

LOL..

Is Jason Peters NOT our best player?|

If he isn't, I'm begging you to pleaseeeeeee educate me and tell me who our best player is? Not only our best, but our most valuable as well (Peters is both)

Ebenezer
08-13-2008, 03:21 PM
Put to rest the OL talk and people defending it because we looked bad in a preseason game.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
The bottom line is easy to see.<o:p></o:p>
We currently have a LT who was a disaster two years ago with the Raiders (Walker), giving up more sacks than anyone in the NFL, and came to Buffalo last year and was a revelation at Right tackle. Let me say that again.. Right Tackle. He’s not a left tackle, and even he knows it.<o:p></o:p>
We have a LG (Dockery) who is elite only in salary.<o:p></o:p>
We have a RG (<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Butler</st1:place></st1:City>) that the jury is still out on.<o:p></o:p>
We have a RT (Chambers) who is so bad I’m not sure his mother thinks he should be starting.<o:p></o:p>
We have a C (Fowler) who was pretty much garbage last year against bigger DT’s, and I don’t think he’s getting better anytime soon.<o:p></o:p>
And You want to the Bills to let Peters to sit and rot because a “contract is a contract”?
Or he should have to prove himself again this year?<o:p></o:p>
You cannot win in the NFL with a crap OL and without Peters, this OL is just that.. total crap.<o:p></o:p>
I think you secretly love this team sucking; it gives you a reason to post your “30<SUP>th</SUP> ranked offense” garbage everytime you enter a thread, or post how ****ty our starting QB stats are... You wouldn’t know what to do with yourself is this was a playoff team. I think your Wys’ distant cousin or something.<o:p></o:p>
he has a contract.
he has failed to contact the bills.
he has failed to prove he can play.
he has failed to prove he is healed from the surgery.

yet, you refuse to see any fault on his part and just blame the bills. have you ever been an employer? you're clueless.

TigerJ
08-13-2008, 03:24 PM
There is nothing confirmed we are talking to him.

Agreed. Moreover, at least the Bills are making it sound as if Peters and his agent, Eugene Parker were the ones who were making it difficult to even talk simply by their unavailability.

HHURRICANE
08-13-2008, 03:27 PM

I have heard the media and our own players call Peters the "best player on our roster".

Just last week Ross Tucker said he was our "best player by alot" on Sirrius.

Who's better??

patmoran2006
he has a contract.

yet, you refuse to see any fault on his part and just blame the bills. have you ever been an employer? you're clueless.
he does have a contract.
You have no clue if he's failed to contact the Bills.
He has PROVEN that he is a pro bowl left tackle, and that honor came despite missing the last game of the year, and playing on a team with a losing record.. That's how good he was, and that's what happens with Jason Taylor calls you the toughest player he has to go against in the NFL last year.

And I never said Peters doesn't have any fault in this. I've said he should at least report to camp and then leave if he doesnt get what he's looking for, if that's what he wants to do.

but I also don't just look at from a fan's point of view.

He should report for what? So he can have a freak injury before he gets a new deal, like LeCharles Bentley and then NEVER get his lifetime contract??

This organization is full of ****.. Its always SOMETHING that prevents this team from having a real shot.

THey get all this Toronto money to make us more "viable". We're a few dozen billion under the cap.. We have a 26-year year Pro Bowler playing what is inarguably one of the three most important positions in the NFL (DE, QB) who wants a contract on par with the best, and we're willing to put Patrick Estes or Jeremiah Bell out there in a game before we give him his money, because we don't want to "set a bad precedent"

Where's all this money going? NO deal for Peters. No extension for Evans.. No extension for Crowell. We extend Butler and Kyle Freegin Williams? That didnt even make a dent in Ralphie's pocket or our cap..

Piss on Ralphie Wilson.. I said it before and I'll say it again. I'll take my chances we have an ownership group that will keep the team here and actually care about winning football games.

HHURRICANE
he has a contract.

Pat Williams. End of the discussion.

Ebenezer
08-13-2008, 03:29 PM
I have heard the media and our own players call Peters the "best player on our roster".

Who's better??
I think Lee Evans is a better player. I think T. McGee is. I even think Schobel would be with a better DL (maybe we get that this year). The prospects are even there that Poz and Lynch will be better players. So much focus and attention are paid to Peters because he is a LT. I'm more upset that they haven't gotten anything done with Evans - a guy who has never caused a problem and is here and contributing.

patmoran2006
08-13-2008, 03:30 PM

Who's better??
Anyone who is trying to say Jason Peters isn't the best player on this team, by a ton.. really needs to stop watching football.

To say he isn't the best player on this team, at a position as important as Left Tackle-- is freegin absurd and stupid.

patmoran2006
08-13-2008, 03:32 PM
I think Lee Evans is a better player. I think T. McGee is. I even think Schobel would be with a better DL (maybe we get that this year). The prospects are even there that Poz and Lynch will be better players. So much focus and attention are paid to Peters because he is a LT. I'm more upset that they haven't gotten anything done with Evans - a guy who has never caused a problem and is here and contributing.
LOL.

I dont even got a comment for that. Lee Evans??? The best and most valuable player on the team??

LOL..

Here's a newsflash. Stud Left Tackles don't grow on trees. How many are there in this league?

Let's make it easier for you.. What left tackles would you take over Jason Peters in the NFL?

Then ask, what WR's would you take over Evans?

I can think of ONE left tackle in football that comes before Peters.

I can think of more than a dozen WR's, easily.

Ebenezer
he does have a contract.
You have no clue if he's failed to contact the Bills.
He has PROVEN that he is a pro bowl left tackle, and that honor came despite missing the last game of the year, and playing on a team with a losing record.. That's how good he was, and that's what happens with Jason Taylor calls you the toughest player he has to go against in the NFL last year.

And I never said Peters doesn't have any fault in this. I've said he should at least report to camp and then leave if he doesnt get what he's looking for, if that's what he wants to do.

but I also don't just look at from a fan's point of view.

He should report for what? So he can have a freak injury before he gets a new deal, like LeCharles Bentley and then NEVER get his lifetime contract??

This organization is full of ****.. Its always SOMETHING that prevents this team from having a real shot.

THey get all this Toronto money to make us more "viable". We're a few dozen billion under the cap.. We have a 26-year year Pro Bowler playing what is inarguably one of the three most important positions in the NFL (DE, QB) who wants a contract on par with the best, and we're willing to put Patrick Estes or Jeremiah Bell out there in a game before we give him his money, because we don't want to "set a bad precedent"

Where's all this money going? NO deal for Peters. No extension for Evans.. No extension for Crowell. We extend Butler and Kyle Freegin Williams? That didnt even make a dent in Ralphie's pocket or our cap..

Piss on Ralphie Wilson.. I said it before and I'll say it again. I'll take my chances we have an ownership group that will keep the team here and actually care about winning football games.
1. One pro-bowl. I'll give you a list of one-timers. That isn't enough to negotiate a contract for a second time.

2. IF his agent has contacted the Bills then his agent should get in the press and tell the world - what does he have to gain from taking the low road.

In your mind it is always the Bills. I am RW's #1 critic but not in this case. I don't ever pick up the phone again until he gets his body to camp and prove he is healed and can play.

HHURRICANE

Evans just said the offense isn't the same without Peters.

I'm not trying to argue with you but Peters is the best player week in and week out. How many bad games as he had?

All of the other players you have mentioned are not that reliable.

patmoran2006
08-13-2008, 03:33 PM
TERRENCE MCGEE is better than Jason Peters ??????????

Ebenezer
08-13-2008, 03:34 PM

oh, there is dedication. this team needs all the help it can get so the Bills FO should whore itself out to a player who may still be injured yet that player should hold the team hostage?? try it with your employer.

Ebenezer
08-13-2008, 03:35 PM
Evans just said the offense isn't the same without Peters.

I'm not trying to argue with you but Peters is the best player week in and week out. How many bad games as he had?

All of the other players you have mentioned are not that reliable.
players will say the waterboy is the most important position if they feel it will increase salaries. he has had one good year. he was rewarded once with a renegotiation when the Bills were under no obligation to do that. are they supposed to do it again, he comes in and has another good year, makes the pro-bowl and pulls this again?? when as an employer do you say "no"?

HHURRICANE
08-13-2008, 03:36 PM
oh, there is dedication. this team needs all the help it can get so the Bills FO should whore itself out to a player who may still be injured yet that player should hold the team hostage?? try it with your employer.

Peter's is not getting a new contract without a physical and I'm sure that's not the sticking point.

I'm sure Peters isn't going to camp until he gets an offer that's worth him showing up.

I agree that it would be better if Peters showed up but this is most likely the avenue that gets him the most money.

Dr. Lecter
08-13-2008, 03:37 PM
I do think Peters is the Bills MVP.

But, I also think that assuming this entire mess is the Bills FO (or Ralph's) fault is stupid and without any supporting information or facts.

patmoran2006
08-13-2008, 03:37 PM
1. One pro-bowl. I'll give you a list of one-timers. That isn't enough to negotiate a contract for a second time. .

You're right one Pro Bowl.

How many years has he been starting at Left Tackle again? Ahhhhhh

And how many other Bills were selected to the Pro Bowl that weren't injury replacements? (Schobel)

The fact he made the Pro Bowl at left tackle on a team that's perceived (rightfully) as a perennial loser should tell you enough.

And his contract was redone two years ago, when he became a starting right tackle instead of a undrafted tight end prospect.

And I don't care how much anyone hates to hear it; If I'm Jason Peters I don't line up either when the slab of meat making $7 million per year to my right at left guard is making MORE than double what I make.

patmoran2006
08-13-2008, 03:40 PM
I do think Peters is the Bills MVP.

But, I also think that assuming this entire mess is the Bills FO (or Ralph's) fault is stupid and without any supporting information or facts.
I'm not saying you are referring to me specifically, but I have NEVER said that the entire Peters mess is the Bills FO fault.

It is perfectly logical to say the mess is Peters and his agents fault, and I have said that.

However, whether it's his fault or not, the bottom line is this team cannot and will not win without him especially with questions across the board on the rest of the OL.

So having said that, his fault or not. The bottom line is does Peters DESERVE more money?

If you're answer is yes, that he does deserve more money.. Then the Bills should give it to him, rather than risk throwing this season away and making it what, NINE straight years without a playoff birth?

Yeah, way to reward the fans that have basically sold out this season coming off a losing record. Prove your point Old Puke Ralphie, at the expense of everything else.

Ebenezer
08-13-2008, 03:42 PM
You're right one Pro Bowl.

How many years has he been starting at Left Tackle again? Ahhhhhh

And how many other Bills were selected to the Pro Bowl that weren't injury replacements? (Schobel)

The fact he made the Pro Bowl at left tackle on a team that's perceived (rightfully) as a perennial loser should tell you enough.

And his contract was redone two years ago, when he became a starting right tackle instead of a undrafted tight end prospect.

And I don't care how much anyone hates to hear it; If I'm Jason Peters I don't line up either when the slab of meat making $7 million per year to my right at left guard is making MORE than double what I make.
then you sit. nice dedication.

don't worry. he'll come back. they all do.

Ebenezer
08-13-2008, 03:44 PM
everybody seems to want to ignore this part:

he was rewarded once with a renegotiation when the Bills were under no obligation to do that. are they supposed to do it again, he comes in and has another good year, makes the pro-bowl and pulls this again?? when as an employer do you say "no"?

they were right to rework the deal the first time. that is not my complaint. there is nothing to say he won't do this again. at some point you have to live with the contract you signed for a while. personally, i wouldn't trust him not to hold out again after another probowl.

patmoran2006
08-13-2008, 03:44 PM
then you sit. nice dedication.

don't worry. he'll come back. they all do.
ANd if he doesn't come crawling back, and Ralphie doesnt give him a raise, then he comes back in Week 10 and unemotionally plays out the string...

Ralphie wins.. Money saved.

What does the old peice of **** care for anyway? He already got the Toronto deal and 70,000+ saps to sell out his Self-Titled Stadium for all the games.

Ralphie wins, fans lose.

Ebenezer
08-13-2008, 03:46 PM
ANd if he doesn't come crawling back, and Ralphie doesnt give him a raise, then he comes back in Week 10 and unemotionally plays out the string...

Ralphie wins.. Money saved.

What does the old peice of **** care for anyway? He already got the Toronto deal and 70,000+ saps to sell out his Self-Titled Stadium for all the games.

Ralphie wins, fans lose.
if you hate the system then find another team. you can be a free agent fan and pick a different team each year - just glom onto a winner! then you don't ever have to *****. think about that - no high blood pressure. problem solved.

and if you don't like it then I recommend you find investors and gather $1Billion and save the team. Unless somebody does RW will be the only owner the "Buffalo Bills" ever had.

TacklingDummy
08-13-2008, 03:50 PM
I'm not saying you are referring to me specifically, but I have NEVER said that the entire Peters mess is the Bills FO fault.

The entire mess IS Peters fault.

TacklingDummy
08-13-2008, 03:50 PM

Plays out the string for the next 5 years? That would be a great way to get a raise. Im sure other teams would love to sign someone who was slacking off for 5 years.

TacklingDummy
08-13-2008, 03:53 PM
Throw away a football season, maybe more than just one.

You have said a couple of times having Peters holding out is throwing away the season. Sorry that is not the case.

TacklingDummy
08-13-2008, 03:54 PM
TERRENCE MCGEE is better than Jason Peters ??????????

At playing CB he is and special teams.

Ebenezer
08-13-2008, 03:57 PM
He already got the Toronto deal and 70,000+ saps

you're an ass. you are so noble because you sit home and ***** on a message board. go find another team.

patmoran2006
08-13-2008, 03:58 PM
You have said a couple of times having Peters holding out is throwing away the season. Sorry that is not the case.
It's not?

patmoran2006
08-13-2008, 04:01 PM
EDit..

I'd say what I want to say...

But knowing you, you'll get on one your cool guy Mod trips and ban me because I refuse to share your King MOD views

Ebenezer
08-13-2008, 04:04 PM
I'd say the same to you even if I weren't a mod. You have no right to call anybody a sap. I don't care how much money you spend on anything. People have a right to choose what to do with their hard earned money. To belittle them in the slightest shows how much of a classless person you really are.

patmoran2006
08-13-2008, 04:09 PM
I say the word SAP in pity of Bills fans, feeling sorry that hard earned money is spent on game tickets when the bottom line is all the old, OLD man cares about is his bottom line.

Jesus Christ, he's such a babbling idiot he can't even get through a press conference anymore..

And I'm laughing at you trying to paint me as someone who belittles Bills fans for buying tickets.

Reading comprehension my friend. I"m not belittling Bills fans for buying up all the tickets. I"m belittling Ralph Wilson for not giving two ****s about any of the fans who do buy up the tickets

Philagape
08-13-2008, 04:10 PM
I think Lee Evans is a better player. I think T. McGee is. I even think Schobel would be with a better DL (maybe we get that this year). The prospects are even there that Poz and Lynch will be better players. So much focus and attention are paid to Peters because he is a LT.

I'm trying to hypothesize what kind of mental condition could have possibly led to such an incredibly outlandish statement.
Now that I've seen the rest of the thread, I have a fairly good idea. You just don't like *****ing, and your anger at seeing it occasionally boils over into an urge to argue with it at all cost, no matter how far removed from sanity.
And then it degrades into just raw temper, name-calling (from a mod, no less), and "go find another team."

People who can't stand *****ing are no different than the *****ers. People who say "go find another team" should go find another board if they're so outraged by this one.

Dr. Lecter
08-13-2008, 04:16 PM
I say the word SAP in pity of Bills fans, feeling sorry that hard earned money is spent on game tickets when the bottom line is all the old, OLD man cares about is his bottom line.

Jesus Christ, he's such a babbling idiot he can't even get through a press conference anymore..

And I'm laughing at you trying to paint me as someone who belittles Bills fans for buying tickets.

Reading comprehension my friend. I"m not belittling Bills fans for buying up all the tickets. I"m belittling Ralph Wilson for not giving two ****s about any of the fans who do buy up the tickets

To say Ralph is hoarding is money is not entirely accurate. He has had the highest paid player in the NFL at least three times (Kelly, Bruce and the murderer). He is willing to and has spent money on playrs numerous times.

You say you are not blaming the Bills for this situation and now you are going off on Ralph's cheapness. Since we do not know what has or has not been offerred that is silly.

As for Ralph not getting through a press conference, I am not concerned with his speaking skills. He knows what he is talking about usually and that is what matters. He made a big mistake bringing in TD, no doubt. But the guy ain't dumb.

Novacane
08-13-2008, 04:23 PM
:movie:

TacklingDummy
08-13-2008, 04:25 PM
It's not?

No its not.

Peters is one man out of 53.

How the QB plays will have more effect on how the Bills season goes. Last year the Bills finished 30th in offense with Peters.

trapezeus
08-13-2008, 04:26 PM
i wonder what message boards are like for teams that do well

TacklingDummy
08-13-2008, 04:29 PM

If Ralph didn't care he would have moved the team back in the early 80's.

The babbling idiot was one of the only idiots who was right about the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

SABURZFAN
08-13-2008, 04:35 PM
he has a contract.

very good points, Eb. if Peters would just get in and prove he has recovered from surgery, a pay raise would be a lot easier to accomplish.

Ebenezer
08-13-2008, 04:56 PM
Now that I've seen the rest of the thread, I have a fairly good idea. You just don't like *****ing,

you're right...I don't like people who ***** about everything...it is a waste of time.

and your anger

I'm not mad about anything. Neither my pulse or BP have increased in the slightest.

Ebenezer
08-13-2008, 04:57 PM
very good points, Eb. if Peters would just get in and prove he has recovered from surgery, a pay raise would be a lot easier to accomplish.
AMEN. That's all I've said from the first. But, some people can only read what they think people are saying.

patmoran2006
08-13-2008, 05:18 PM
No its not.

Peters is one man out of 53.

How the QB plays will have more effect on how the Bills season goes. Last year the Bills finished 30th in offense with Peters.
And how the QB plays isn't affected by the OL?

PUt Chambers and Fowler in front of Manning and see how he does.

patmoran2006
08-13-2008, 05:19 PM
AMEN. That's all I've said from the first. But, some people can only read what they think people are saying.
And some people only read what they want to read, and respond to people who are on the other side of the issue and resort to ******ed "go root for another team" comments.

patmoran2006
08-13-2008, 05:23 PM
You dont like what you hear you resort to childish **** talking...
you write to suggest (which shows me you dont know ****) that I don't have a job and I "sit at home all day" and *****.

And just for the record, before camp started and Peters didnt' show up, I predicted the Bills would win 10 games and make the playoffs;which even Lecter will verify.. So don't tell me all I do is *****.

But without Peters, this is a different team.. 7 wins. at BEST without Peters this year.

SABURZFAN
08-13-2008, 05:24 PM

that runs rampant in here.

HAMMER
08-13-2008, 05:44 PM
It is great that we have THE football expert here to tell us all how dumb we are and to call Ralph Wilson all kinds of disrespectful names. We are SOOOOO lucky. I just can't believe that with all his football knowledge and his mastery of the english language that he isn't a nobel prize winning junior journalist.

patmoran2006
08-13-2008, 05:46 PM
It is great that we have THE football expert here to tell us all how dumb we are and to call Ralph Wilson all kinds of disrespectful names. We are SOOOOO lucky. I just can't believe that with all his football knowledge and his mastery of the english language that he isn't a nobel prize winning junior journalist.
There he goes...

WHo ever said I thought all the people in here are dumb?? I NEVER get personal with people unless they do so with me first..

Seriously.. I don't care who you are, or what you do.. But based on the **** you say, cause it's rarely ever about football.. I think you're the single-biggest piece of **** on this entire board, really...

All you ever do is take personal shots and talk ****.. GO **** yourself, tough guy.

X-Era
08-13-2008, 05:51 PM
Awwww, is your snatch chafed? Get back to the temp desk and quit cryin like a school girl.

Not sure I understand why your attacking anyone here. Its a friggin message board.

Fact are facts, your out of line. This aint the place. Yahoo chitty chat boards or AOL maybe, but not here.

X-Era
08-13-2008, 05:56 PM
yer surprised? He knows **** about football, so that's his way of being in place here..

I disagree with you ALL the time, but it's never personal ****.. I dont have a personal problem with ANYONE until they start with arrogant, ignorant comments when they dont know ****..

Hey, its just a board, its football season, we all the love the Bills... No need to get worked up about anything.

Let it go, your just as respected as any of us IMO.

Your absolutely right, we disagree all the time and it doesnt EVER have to get personal. That stuff is uncalled for.

X-Era
08-13-2008, 05:58 PM
Mind your own business or I'll HAMMER you too.

Pipe down, drink a few more, and relax. Theres no need man, no need. Your posts are a bit too roid, raging, school boy here.

Why all the hate? Its football season.

The King
08-13-2008, 06:05 PM
Guys Back off the personal attacks lets keep this on track...

X-Era
08-13-2008, 06:09 PM
Guys Back off the personal attacks lets keep this on track...

:clap:

The King
08-13-2008, 06:10 PM
:clap:

Deep Breaths....

Lets take our frustration on Peters. Not each other:up:

X-Era
08-13-2008, 06:12 PM
Deep Breaths....

Lets take our frustration on Peters. Not each other:up:

Or that dude in your avatar is gonna go ape-sh-t

Is there any reality to the Peters in Buff stuff

The King
08-13-2008, 06:13 PM
Or that dude in your avatar is gonna go ape-sh-t

Is there any reality to the Peters in Buff stuff

Im the worst guy to ask, in Boston we hardly get Jason Peters updates
:sadwalk:

Philagape
08-13-2008, 06:13 PM
I better stay out of this .... I sure don't want to get HAMMERed! :scared:

Ebenezer
08-13-2008, 06:26 PM
you write to suggest (which shows me you dont know ****) that I don't have a job and I "sit at home all day" and *****.

dude....sit at home on sunday during a bills game...on sunday...:shakeno:

patmoran2006
08-13-2008, 06:28 PM
dude....sit at home on sunday during a bills game...on sunday...:shakeno:
I'm at the Bills games on Sundays

patmoran2006
08-13-2008, 06:39 PM
How do you put someone on ignore?

patmoran2006
08-13-2008, 06:42 PM
hey you picked on 70,000 fans first...of which I along with several mods and admins of this board are one...whatever.
I did not pick on fans. I said they are "saps" (which would include myself) in a feel sorry for them kind of way.

Because they spend their hard earned money on tickets for an owner who has more cap room than anyone in the league, all kinds of extra Toronto revenue; and yet we sit here two weeks or so before the start of the season, with two important impending FA's (evans and crowell), neither of which have been extended; and our franchise player is sitting where-ever the hell he lives, because he's absurdly underpaid.

I have NEVER said that its all the Bills fault and none Peters. .I said for the sake of the franchise and to have a shot at wining this year, they should pay Peters not only what he wants.. but what he DESERVES.

If you don't think he deserves what I think he does, then that's a difference of opinion.

Ebenezer
08-13-2008, 06:45 PM
I did not pick on fans. I said they are "saps" (which would include myself) in a feel sorry for them kind of way.

Because they spend their hard earned money on tickets for an owner who has more cap room than anyone in the league, all kinds of extra Toronto revenue; and yet we sit here two weeks or so before the start of the season, with two important impending FA's (evans and crowell), neither of which have been extended; and our franchise player is sitting where-ever the hell he lives, because he's absurdly underpaid.

I have NEVER said that its all the Bills fault and none Peters. .I said for the sake of the franchise and to have a shot at wining this year, they should pay Peters not only what he wants.. but what he DESERVES.

If you don't think he deserves what I think he does, then that's a difference of opinion.
i never said he doesn't deserve more...i said there are business ways of doing things...you have completely missed my point on more than one occasion.

patmoran2006
08-13-2008, 06:55 PM
i never said he doesn't deserve more...i said there are business ways of doing things...you have completely missed my point on more than one occasion.
I don't totally disagree with your statement, but the business comes from more than just one end.

It's a business move for Peters too.

ANd some of you guys keep saying let him sit and rot. .It doesn't work that way.. The whole organization will in turn rot. For several reasons.

1- The team is nowhere as good without Peters, especially offensively.. So by not paying him, you're basically telling your fans "piss on you" we already got your ticket money.

2- It has more long term ramifications to the team that people aren't even discussing. If you're a great NFL player becoming a free agent next year, there is a ZERO percent chance that player is coming to Buffalo, unless our front office overpays him by millions (see Derrick Dockery) which in turn hurts your football team by having to pay above market value for anyone.

This is a point agreed on by everybody, he deserves a huge raise.. He was given an extension 2 years ago, which was an extension ona $450K one year tender he had. And at the time he was just starting out at right tackle. Two years later, he's unquestionably one of the games elite players at one of the most critical positions. If anyone disagrees with that (I dont think anyone does) go check out ANY publication's all-star team..

I'm sure he figures his next contract is his big money deal that every player looks for once in his career.. And you keep talking about business; well isn't a business move for the player to NOT jeopardize that contract? It's rare, but it does happen. I've brought it up before, but look at what happend to LeCharles Bentley. All Pro Stud center, he can't even get a one year million dollar deal right now...

You talk like the Bills and Ralph are so loyal to him and all he has to do is report and he'll get the cash.. What happens if Peters reports tommorow, plays the first series against Indy next week and destroys his ACL?

Do you think Ralph is going to give him that 6/year- $44 million dollar contract anymore? Hell no he isn't. He'll say sorry for your loss, I know we said if you reported we'd negotiate.. But instead of being a franchise player, you're now a liability.

In general I dont think players should be able to get away with holdouts. but when you're a franchise player, like it or not, the rules change.

Turf
08-13-2008, 07:00 PM
LOL.

I dont even got a comment for that. Lee Evans??? The best and most valuable player on the team??

LOL..

Here's a newsflash. Stud Left Tackles don't grow on trees. How many are there in this league?

Let's make it easier for you.. What left tackles would you take over Jason Peters in the NFL?

Then ask, what WR's would you take over Evans?

I can think of ONE left tackle in football that comes before Peters.

I can think of more than a dozen WR's, easily.

This sums up my feelings on the Peters issue entirely.

Ebenezer
08-13-2008, 07:00 PM
You talk like the Bills and Ralph are so loyal to him and all he has to do is report and he'll get the cash.. What happens if Peters reports tommorow, plays the first series against Indy next week and destroys his ACL?

I never said any such thing.

Also, if Peter's agent isn't smart enough to use some of that big money to insure his contract against injury then there is nobody to blame but himself. People get injured going to work all the time. Some get workers comp. Others get nothing.

coastal
08-13-2008, 07:03 PM
So where again does it say we are talking to him?

HAMMER
08-13-2008, 07:04 PM

No where.

Ebenezer
08-13-2008, 07:06 PM
nor he to the Bills.

patmoran2006
08-13-2008, 07:08 PM
That we know of..

I dont think anyone not directly affiliated knows what's going on. But since our second preseason game is tommorow night, it obviously doesn't look promising.

TacklingDummy
08-13-2008, 07:15 PM
And just for the record, before camp started and Peters didnt' show up, I predicted the Bills would win 10 games and make the playoffs;which even Lecter will verify.. So don't tell me all I do is *****.

But without Peters, this is a different team.. 7 wins. at BEST without Peters this year.

How many games did the Bills win last year because of Peters?

You would think with Peters being the God you make him out to be the Bills offense would have been ranked higher than 30th.

TacklingDummy
08-13-2008, 07:19 PM
I have NEVER said that its all the Bills fault and none Peters.

It's none the Bills fault and ALL Peters fault that he is not in camp. It's really that simple.

patmoran2006
08-13-2008, 07:36 PM
How many games did the Bills win last year because of Peters?

You would think with Peters being the God you make him out to be the Bills offense would have been ranked higher than 30th.
And having a rookie quarterback, a rookie running back, a backup running back coming from the world league, an inferior center, a first year starter at right guard, a mediocre at best 2nd WR and literally garbage from the tight end position had nothing to do with it?

You find a franchise guy for your offense, and in the Bills case, it's Peters; possibly the only team in the NFL where your best player is a LT, and you build around him.

Ebenezer
08-13-2008, 07:42 PM
And having a rookie quarterback, a rookie running back, a backup running back coming from the world league, an inferior center, a first year starter at right guard, a mediocre at best 2nd WR and literally garbage from the tight end position had nothing to do with it?

You find a franchise guy for your offense, and in the Bills case, it's Peters; possibly the only team in the NFL where your best player is a LT, and you build around him.
which shows his selfishness. not a real team leader if they need to work that hard to get better. instead of setting an example and working from the inside he is separating himself from the team. poor leadership.

TacklingDummy
08-13-2008, 07:43 PM
And having a rookie quarterback, a rookie running back, a backup running back coming from the world league, an inferior center, a first year starter at right guard, a mediocre at best 2nd WR and literally garbage from the tight end position had nothing to do with it?.

Thanks for making my point. Peters is not the only reason why the Bills win/lose games.

You find a franchise guy for your offense, and in the Bills case, it's Peters; possibly the only team in the NFL where your best player is a LT, and you build around him. Good teams build around QB's and not Left Tackles. Montana/49ers, Manning/Colts, Favre/GB, Brady/Pats, Elway/DB, Kelly/Bills, Marino/Fins, Young/49ers, Akiman/Cowboys. Since you want to build around a tackle please don't be disappointed with losing.

patmoran2006
08-13-2008, 07:51 PM
Thanks for making my point. Peters is not the only reason why the Bills win/lose games.

Good teams build around QB's and not Left Tackles. Montana/49ers, Manning/Colts, Favre/GB, Brady/Pats, Elway/DB, Kelly/Bills, Marino/Fins, Young/49ers, Akiman/Cowboys. Since you want to build around a tackle please don't be disappointed with losing.

Peters isn't the ONLY reason we win or lose games. But neither is Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Brian Urlacher and Shawne Merriman for theirs either.

Good QB's aren't good QB's without good left tackles. It goes hand and hand.

Peters certainly isn't the ONLY building block on the team; but he's as important as anyone.

patmoran2006
08-13-2008, 07:56 PM
which shows his selfishness. not a real team leader if they need to work that hard to get better. instead of setting an example and working from the inside he is separating himself from the team. poor leadership.
Personally, I'm not happy with him either. I agree he's been very selfish, either that or Parker has his brainwashed, who knows.

But we're not disagreeing with that.

The problem, or difference of opinion I should state is how the Bills are electing to handle it.

Your opinion he is under contract and a contract is a contract.. Well, maybe not quite-- you at least want him on the roster and playing and then the Bills will be assumed to working on a deal more fair to his value.

My opinion is in this particular situation, not every holdout situation but this one; given the Bills cap space and revenue increase; they should just pay him what he deserves and move on with a team that's clearly better with him.

Let me ask you this.. What the hell is all this cap space for? Wasn't the consensus here that building a winner should consist mainly through our drafting and scouting department, and not going out and spending big in FA?

Well, EVans, Crowell and Peters are homegrown.. With the cap space we have, why are NONE of them been given a raise and/or extended this summer? What the hell good does drafting and grooming players do when if you just let them play out their contracts and walk away.

If you think Peters is a ****ty situation.. Just wait until next year if we don't extend Evans and end up tagging him.. Peters is at least quiet, Evans isn't the same type of guy.. He will blast the living hell out of this organization.

Bulldog
08-13-2008, 08:10 PM
Look, I could really care less who's at fault. But the bottom line is that without Peters, this teams offense will be ever worse than last year, if that's possible. How people fail to realize what an important piece of the puzzle Peters is, is beyond belief. Not only does it effect the LT position, but it also screws up the RT position. So in essence, two positions have been comprimised. I hope all of you people that want Ralph to play hardball are prepared to keep your mouths shut when Edwards is laying on his back for the majority of each game, or until he gets injured. The way that Peters has handled this sucks, but he does have a legitimate beef. Buffalo has the cap space and is in dire need of a LT, how god damn hard is this to figure out?

Ebenezer
08-13-2008, 08:16 PM
Your opinion he is under contract and a contract is a contract.. Well, maybe not quite-- you at least want him on the roster and playing and then the Bills will be assumed to working on a deal more fair to his value.

No, my opinion is that he get his ass to camp and show that he is healed and can play. They can discuss contract all throughout the season. Nothing has to be done today. Both sides need to show good faith but he has to prove that he can or even wants to play.

Let me ask you this.. What the hell is all this cap space for? Wasn't the consensus here that building a winner should consist mainly through our drafting and scouting department, and not going out and spending big in FA?

Well, EVans, Crowell and Peters are homegrown.. With the cap space we have, why are NONE of them been given a raise and/or extended this summer?

Evans is supposedly near a contract extension. that was on the radio yesterday. Takes two to tango. We don't know if those other guys even want to be here. Trust me I am more upset about Evans than Peters. His deal should have been done before last season ended.

X-Era
08-13-2008, 09:09 PM
Look, I could really care less who's at fault. But the bottom line is that without Peters, this teams offense will be ever worse than last year, if that's possible. How people fail to realize what an important piece of the puzzle Peters is, is beyond belief. Not only does it effect the LT position, but it also screws up the RT position. So in essence, two positions have been comprimised. I hope all of you people that want Ralph to play hardball are prepared to keep your mouths shut when Edwards is laying on his back for the majority of each game, or until he gets injured. The way that Peters has handled this sucks, but he does have a legitimate beef. Buffalo has the cap space and is in dire need of a LT, how god damn hard is this to figure out?

What he said.

Peters got the mess started but the Bills, I mean Russ Brandon, kept it going with his tough guy act.

Well I'm glad your sticking to your guns Russ the team is worse for it.

And your real smart Peters, smart enough that you may be sitting out and away from the game that you supposedly love.

Bulldog
08-13-2008, 09:15 PM
And Chris Brown reports today that Butler is taking reps at tackle. Like that's supposed to make us all feel warm and fuzzy inside. This line is going to get manhandled sans Peters. What a foolish game to play with one of the best LT's in football.

Oaf
08-13-2008, 09:56 PM
ps- please no smack talk.

:shutup:

\/

:mad:

\/

:::

\/

:D:

\/

:respect:

\/

:shake:

Buckets
08-14-2008, 06:44 AM
Good strategy.

No, sit out the next 5 years and throw away your carrier.

mybills
08-14-2008, 06:47 AM
LOL..

Is Jason Peters NOT our best player?|

If he isn't, I'm begging you to pleaseeeeeee educate me and tell me who our best player is? Not only our best, but our most valuable as well
Mooreman. :D

User Manuel
08-14-2008, 07:24 AM
I'd be more angry if we just stood totally on principle and flushed the season. I'd probably have a bigger problem if he were already gettin gLT money, but he isn't and he does deserve it (theoretically).

Stewie
08-14-2008, 07:34 AM
umm.. if jason peters doesn't show up, it's not russ brandon's fault

the guy is under contract. period and end of story.

the rest of this is noise.

If he wants another contract, fine, he can ask all he wants. He is not owed one. If the bills say he has to show up to get talking, he has to show up to get talking.

PromoTheRobot
08-14-2008, 10:11 AM
he has a contract.

Any player who holds out becomes our "best" player. Otherwise there's nothing to ***** about.

PTR

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
08-14-2008, 10:13 AM
I nominate this thread for "Worst Thread of the Year"

X-Era
08-14-2008, 10:31 AM
No, sit out the next 5 years and throw away your carrier.

I wonder if he uses UPS

X-Era
08-14-2008, 10:36 AM
umm.. if jason peters doesn't show up, it's not russ brandon's fault

the guy is under contract. period and end of story.

the rest of this is noise.

If he wants another contract, fine, he can ask all he wants. He is not owed one. If the bills say he has to show up to get talking, he has to show up to get talking.

Yes, he should show up to get talking, but Russ is a tool for playing tough guy. Jauron has done a masteful job of being the nice guy even when being peppered with QB controversy crap by the media for years. Hes even keeled. Russ, in one of his first opportunities to show us his demeanor, comes out and plays tough guy.

His contract is a joke, THAT is a fact, and one that EVERYONE knows.

He should show up, but if the FO shows Peters what Russ's mouth said, "we want him to honor his existing contract", then Peters has every right to be pissed.

Hes underpaid, it tooks us forever to get a good one, pay the man or sell the team because you WONT compete both on and OFF the field.

justasportsfan
08-14-2008, 10:39 AM
Give him the average LT contract that will give him top LT $ if he makes probowl. Thats fair .

HAMMER
08-14-2008, 12:37 PM
Yes, he should show up to get talking, but Russ is a tool for playing tough guy. Jauron has done a masteful job of being the nice guy even when being peppered with QB controversy crap by the media for years. Hes even keeled. Russ, in one of his first opportunities to show us his demeanor, comes out and plays tough guy.

He should show up, but if the FO shows Peters what Russ's mouth said, "we want him to honor his existing contract", then Peters has every right to be pissed.

Hes underpaid, it tooks us forever to get a good one, pay the man or sell the team because you WONT compete both on and OFF the field.

There is nothing unusual about this arrangement. In any organization you have roles, some involve being the hard line negotiator, some involve day to day interaction which is not hard line stuff. Russ is not being a "tough guy", he is conducting business in the best interest of the team long term.

Peters is underpaid but he just signed a deal. This is about precedent, and if people can't see that then they don't know business. You DO NOT cave to demands of people that are not honoring their current agreement. Show up, we'll talk, and if your demands are reasonable, you are healthy, and your attitude is good we can work something out.

What happens when Poz makes the pro bowl, do we need to renegotiate with him, what if Hardy scores ten TD's in his rookie year, do we pay him a king's ransom? NO. Caving to one player sets the tone for more of the same, and that will blow up our cap. Clearly this team is not SB bound this year, Peters can sit as long as he wants and cost himself money, credibility, and possibly his career. If it costs the Bills a couple wins then so be it. Caving would cost them a lot more in the future than a couple games this year. He is ruining his relationship with the Bills. I can assure you that OBD will think twice about drafting anyone represented by Parker in the future.

justasportsfan
08-14-2008, 12:43 PM
I can assure you that OBD will think twice about drafting anyone represented by Parker in the future.
We keep blasting Rosena$$ and as it turns out, he has a great relationship with the bills :ill:

Stewie
08-14-2008, 12:47 PM

I don't think anyone looking at Russ's quote objectively really thinks Russ wants Jason to finish up his contract. I think, and I'd be willing to bet, that Russ wanted to say honor his contract by showing up and practicing with your teammates, so we can proceed with negotiations. Poor choice of wording? Yeah, it was. Did he mean he expects peters to play out his contract? I doubt that very much

justasportsfan
08-14-2008, 12:51 PM

Schobel got a raise but he showed up. Evans wants a new contract and it's in progress because he showed up.

Ebenezer
08-14-2008, 01:27 PM
I would love to see some of the folks who have defended Peters take that attitude with their employer. That would be a blast to see.

Bulldog
08-14-2008, 02:21 PM
I would love to see some of the folks who have defended Peters take that attitude with their employer. That would be a blast to see.

I would be more than willing to take that stance with my employer if I was one of only a handful of people that possessed the skill sets that I did. In the business world, Peters is pretty much a president/CEO, as the LT position is one of the most important positions on the field. Not only is he a president/CEO, he's one of the best around and only stands to get better. It's not uncommon in the business world for employers to reward employees with added compensation for a job well done. Using your analogy, why should Peters be any different?

Bulldog
08-14-2008, 02:25 PM
Furthermore, if I agreed to a certain salary based on the fact that I was going to be a high level manager(RT), and I was asked to play a more important role in the company(LT), I would expect to be compensated accordingly. Again, I ask, why should it be any different for Peters?

Ebenezer
08-14-2008, 02:26 PM
I would be more than willing to take that stance with my employer if I was one of only a handful of people that possessed the skill sets that I did. In the business world, Peters is pretty much a president/CEO, as the LT position is one of the most important positions on the field. Not only is he a president/CEO, he's one of the best around and only stands to get better. It's not uncommon in the business world for employers to reward employees with added compensation for a job well done. Using your analogy, why should Peters be any different?
i am not completely disagreeing but he has one probowl under his belt. some have him penciled in for the HOF already.

Bulldog
08-14-2008, 02:32 PM
i am not completely disagreeing but he has one probowl under his belt. some have him penciled in for the HOF already.

I'm not ready to go that far, but what can't be overlooked is the fact that Peters is grossly underpaid for the position that he holds. Buffalo had to know this day was coming when they gave the contracts to Dockery and Walker. I would be pissed if the place where I worked gave huge money to two guys who hold lesser postions than I do.

JerseyBoofaloBills
08-14-2008, 04:28 PM

Terrance McGee? really? the best player on this team? woww..

Id put Moorman over McGee any day of the week.

gr8slayer
08-14-2008, 06:38 PM
1. One pro-bowl. I'll give you a list of one-timers. That isn't enough to negotiate a contract for a second time.

2. IF his agent has contacted the Bills then his agent should get in the press and tell the world - what does he have to gain from taking the low road.

In your mind it is always the Bills. I am RW's #1 critic but not in this case. I don't ever pick up the phone again until he gets his body to camp and prove he is healed and can play.
Your logic is flawed.....

Since when does making the Pro Bowl make you a good player? Roy Williams makes the Pro Bowl every year and as a person who watches every single Cowboy game (most live) I can tell you that he is by far THE worst cover SS in the league and is one of the worst over-all; but he makes it year in and year out.

But let's assume that Pro Bowls do make you a great player. You mentioned that you thought McGee and Evans were better than Peters, how is that? McGee hardly made it as a reserve and Evans has never even been a reserve.

You make no sense; ask any NFL coach and they'll tell you that it starts and ends in the trenches, if your best player (which Peters is) is not playing you're in trouble. Our best player just happens to play the second most important position on the field (behind QB), he needs to be there and Ralph needs to pull his dumb head out of his dumb ass and pay the man because he deserves it more than anyone on the roster. While most teams have two or three guys who you could say are borderline elite players he is the closest thing to "elite" that we have.

gr8slayer
08-14-2008, 06:40 PM
Again, Pro Bowls are a popularity contest and mean jack ****.

gr8slayer
08-14-2008, 06:43 PM
i wonder what message boards are like for teams that do well
Well the Cowboys boards have just as much *****ing and complaining but it's usually about who the number 4 WR is going to be or whether or not Brad Johnson should be the number 2 QB.

Ebenezer
08-14-2008, 06:58 PM
Again, Pro Bowls are a popularity contest and mean jack ****.
where do we disagree on that?? I do not follow. I've been saying that all along. Others have him as an elite player because he made a probowl. I don't get our disconnect.

Ebenezer
08-14-2008, 07:00 PM
Your logic is flawed.....

Since when does making the Pro Bowl make you a good player? Roy Williams makes the Pro Bowl every year and as a person who watches every single Cowboy game (most live) I can tell you that he is by far THE worst cover SS in the league and is one of the worst over-all; but he makes it year in and year out.

But let's assume that Pro Bowls do make you a great player. You mentioned that you thought McGee and Evans were better than Peters, how is that? McGee hardly made it as a reserve and Evans has never even been a reserve.

You make no sense; ask any NFL coach and they'll tell you that it starts and ends in the trenches, if your best player (which Peters is) is not playing you're in trouble. Our best player just happens to play the second most important position on the field (behind QB), he needs to be there and Ralph needs to pull his dumb head out of his dumb ass and pay the man because he deserves it more than anyone on the roster. While most teams have two or three guys who you could say are borderline elite players he is the closest thing to "elite" that we have.
again, like others you have not been following all of my posts. does he deserve a raise? yes. should the bills bust a gut to get him back? no. he has not answered the bills calls. he has not answered teammates calls. he has not answered press calls. he has not shown that he is healthy after having surgery. he has not shown that he is willing and able to play. the ball is in his court to come to the bills not the other way around.