Anyone mad that it took 2 injuries to talk to peters.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchell55
    only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
    • Feb 2008

Anyone mad that it took 2 injuries to talk to peters.

We had 2 injuries on I think monday. Tuesday and today we are finally talking to him. Im kind of upset it took this much to do the talking. Would we of not talked to Peters if there werent the 2 injuries, or did it just happened like that?

ps- im trying to have a mature thread. please no smack talk.
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Re: Anyone mad that it took 2 injuries to talk to peters.

There is nothing confirmed we are talking to him.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• TacklingDummy
      Unreachable Douche
      • Jul 2002

It would be an easy conversation.

FO: Jason, you still have 3 years left on your contract. You are coming off an injury. Play this year, show us the injury was a fluke, perform at Pro-Bowl level and maybe we will think about giving a new contract next year. If not enjoy the fines because you are property of the Buffalo Bills for the next 5 years if we feel like tagging you.

Comment

• patmoran2006
        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by TacklingDummy

FO: Jason, you still have 3 years left on your contract. You are coming off an injury. Play this year, show us the injury was a fluke, perform at Pro-Bowl level and maybe we will think about giving a new contract next year. If not enjoy the fines because you are property of the Buffalo Bills for the next 5 years if we feel like tagging you.
        Good strategy.

Throw away a football season, maybe more than just one. So that a point could be proven to our best player that you don't try and stick it old puke Ralphie' for more money when you still have years left on your current deal.

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TacklingDummy

who knows if they already didn't say that? THey already said they've contacted them and it's Peters who hasn't been replying.
          sacrifice1
          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• patmoran2006
            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
            • Dec 2005

Put to rest the OL talk and people defending it because we looked bad in a preseason game.

The bottom line is easy to see.

We currently have a LT who was a disaster two years ago with the Raiders (Walker), giving up more sacks than anyone in the NFL, and came to Buffalo last year and was a revelation at Right tackle. Let me say that again.. Right Tackle. He’s not a left tackle, and even he knows it.

We have a LG (Dockery) who is elite only in salary.

We have a RG (Butler) that the jury is still out on.

We have a RT (Chambers) who is so bad I’m not sure his mother thinks he should be starting.

We have a C (Fowler) who was pretty much garbage last year against bigger DT’s, and I don’t think he’s getting better anytime soon.

And You want to the Bills to let Peters to sit and rot because a “contract is a contract”?
            Or he should have to prove himself again this year?

You cannot win in the NFL with a crap OL and without Peters, this OL is just that.. total crap.

I think you secretly love this team sucking; it gives you a reason to post your “30th ranked offense” garbage everytime you enter a thread, or post how ****ty our starting QB stats are... You wouldn’t know what to do with yourself is this was a playoff team. I think your Wys’ distant cousin or something.

Comment

• Ebenezer
              Give me a minute...
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006
              Good strategy.

Throw away a football season, maybe more than just one. So that a point could be proven to our best player that you don't try and stick it old puke Ralphie' for more money when you still have years left on your current deal.
              you did it again. "best player"? really?

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                LOL..

Is Jason Peters NOT our best player?|

If he isn't, I'm begging you to pleaseeeeeee educate me and tell me who our best player is? Not only our best, but our most valuable as well (Peters is both)

Comment

• Ebenezer
                  Give me a minute...
                  • Jul 2002

Put to rest the OL talk and people defending it because we looked bad in a preseason game.

The bottom line is easy to see.

We currently have a LT who was a disaster two years ago with the Raiders (Walker), giving up more sacks than anyone in the NFL, and came to Buffalo last year and was a revelation at Right tackle. Let me say that again.. Right Tackle. He’s not a left tackle, and even he knows it.

We have a LG (Dockery) who is elite only in salary.

We have a RG (Butler) that the jury is still out on.

We have a RT (Chambers) who is so bad I’m not sure his mother thinks he should be starting.

We have a C (Fowler) who was pretty much garbage last year against bigger DT’s, and I don’t think he’s getting better anytime soon.

And You want to the Bills to let Peters to sit and rot because a “contract is a contract”?
                  Or he should have to prove himself again this year?

You cannot win in the NFL with a crap OL and without Peters, this OL is just that.. total crap.

I think you secretly love this team sucking; it gives you a reason to post your “30th ranked offense” garbage everytime you enter a thread, or post how ****ty our starting QB stats are... You wouldn’t know what to do with yourself is this was a playoff team. I think your Wys’ distant cousin or something.
                  he has a contract.
                  he has failed to contact the bills.
                  he has failed to prove he can play.
                  he has failed to prove he is healed from the surgery.

yet, you refuse to see any fault on his part and just blame the bills. have you ever been an employer? you're clueless.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• TigerJ
                    • Jul 2002

There is nothing confirmed we are talking to him.
                    Agreed. Moreover, at least the Bills are making it sound as if Peters and his agent, Eugene Parker were the ones who were making it difficult to even talk simply by their unavailability.
                    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                      • Mar 2005

I have heard the media and our own players call Peters the "best player on our roster".

Just last week Ross Tucker said he was our "best player by alot" on Sirrius.

Who's better??

Comment

• patmoran2006
                        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                        • Dec 2005

he has a contract.

yet, you refuse to see any fault on his part and just blame the bills. have you ever been an employer? you're clueless.
                        he does have a contract.
                        You have no clue if he's failed to contact the Bills.
                        He has PROVEN that he is a pro bowl left tackle, and that honor came despite missing the last game of the year, and playing on a team with a losing record.. That's how good he was, and that's what happens with Jason Taylor calls you the toughest player he has to go against in the NFL last year.

And I never said Peters doesn't have any fault in this. I've said he should at least report to camp and then leave if he doesnt get what he's looking for, if that's what he wants to do.

but I also don't just look at from a fan's point of view.

He should report for what? So he can have a freak injury before he gets a new deal, like LeCharles Bentley and then NEVER get his lifetime contract??

This organization is full of ****.. Its always SOMETHING that prevents this team from having a real shot.

THey get all this Toronto money to make us more "viable". We're a few dozen billion under the cap.. We have a 26-year year Pro Bowler playing what is inarguably one of the three most important positions in the NFL (DE, QB) who wants a contract on par with the best, and we're willing to put Patrick Estes or Jeremiah Bell out there in a game before we give him his money, because we don't want to "set a bad precedent"

Where's all this money going? NO deal for Peters. No extension for Evans.. No extension for Crowell. We extend Butler and Kyle Freegin Williams? That didnt even make a dent in Ralphie's pocket or our cap..

Piss on Ralphie Wilson.. I said it before and I'll say it again. I'll take my chances we have an ownership group that will keep the team here and actually care about winning football games.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                          • Mar 2005

he has a contract.

Pat Williams. End of the discussion.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                            Give me a minute...
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                            I have heard the media and our own players call Peters the "best player on our roster".

Who's better??
                            I think Lee Evans is a better player. I think T. McGee is. I even think Schobel would be with a better DL (maybe we get that this year). The prospects are even there that Poz and Lynch will be better players. So much focus and attention are paid to Peters because he is a LT. I'm more upset that they haven't gotten anything done with Evans - a guy who has never caused a problem and is here and contributing.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                              • Dec 2005

Originally posted by HHURRICANE

Who's better??
                              Anyone who is trying to say Jason Peters isn't the best player on this team, by a ton.. really needs to stop watching football.

To say he isn't the best player on this team, at a position as important as Left Tackle-- is freegin absurd and stupid.

Comment

Working...
                              X