PDA

View Full Version : what do you think Message boards are like for Good teams?

trapezeus
08-14-2008, 08:49 AM
To expand an earlier post.

What do fans of teams who have no QB controversy, everyone shows up for camp, and they looked good in the first preseason game talk about? Is it just one big pat on the back and everyone hits the thank button?

Maybe we will all be able to experience that.

justasportsfan
08-14-2008, 08:51 AM
they are most likely talking about the competition since their team is intact.

Romes
08-14-2008, 08:57 AM
I don't know but I'd love to find out.

Dujek
08-14-2008, 08:59 AM
Have faith grasshopper. We'll find out next year.

HughC
08-14-2008, 09:02 AM
Probably alternates between debate of (a) how good the team will do (15-1 or 13-3?), (b) what to do about the one injury the team has (quick, pick up this free agent!), and (c) how much playing time the top draft pick will get (he's going to be a stud/he got beat in TC today - cut him!) is my guess.

DraftBoy
08-14-2008, 09:11 AM
Everything is Roses and Bunnies!

trapezeus
08-14-2008, 09:12 AM
i just imagine that it's all british on their boards. they're eating crumpets and drinking tea. "i think we'll smash those blokes over at the meadowlands quite spectacularly. anyone agree?" "surely, i do chap, let's chat after the game"

Meanwhile it's like the thieves forest in here. "i hate lee" "Peters better show up or i'll break him myself."

i want to debate how badly we'll beat teams now. i can't wait tilnext year.

Pinkerton Security
08-14-2008, 10:01 AM
boring. thats what they are. look at all the drama and excitement we have here! wooooooooo

Patti120
08-14-2008, 10:10 AM
It's probably something like, "The waterboy for the team really sucked last year, but the towel boy was always on top of his game"

Jan Reimers
08-14-2008, 11:51 AM
I imagine that the verbs suck and blow are mainly applied to the opposition rather than the home team, that posters don't turn on their team like junkyard dogs, and that there is a lot more civility on their boards.

But winning does that, and losing breeds frustration and contempt.

TacklingDummy
08-14-2008, 12:06 PM
What do fans of teams who have no QB controversy, everyone shows up for camp, and they looked good in the first preseason game talk about?

One word: Boring.

SABURZFAN
08-14-2008, 12:51 PM
how the hell do i know? we haven't had a good team in 15 years. :mad:

Mitchell55
08-14-2008, 12:54 PM
Well over hear we have fan QB controversy, not team QB controversy. We hopefully will look good today. I guess we finally have seen Peters. 2/3 could change by the end of the week.

raphael120
08-14-2008, 12:58 PM
Trust me, I am friends with a bunch of Steelers fans and they found reasons to ***** about things when they got 13-3. It's all about expectations. Steelers have a winning tradition, Bills have a losing tradition so we settle for lesser things. But in both instances, people find reasons for *****ing. Bills fans just have way more reasons to *****.

Night Train
08-14-2008, 01:02 PM
Giants board this past February

" 5th Ave. to Lexington Ave. is a stupid parade route. Can't they do anything right ? "

Mitchell55
08-14-2008, 01:18 PM
Giants board this past February

" 5th Ave. to Lexington Ave. is a stupid parade route. Can't they do anything right ? "

Cant they do anything right?

Thats my new sig.

The King
08-14-2008, 01:27 PM
http://www.puzzleheaven.co.uk/puzzles_cart_page1/bambi26681.jpg

Pride
08-14-2008, 02:02 PM
Surprisingly... about the exact same as a normal day here!
http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2

Sorgi is very important to our success!!!

Madden 09 Colts (Multi-page thread 1 2)

Oh No! The Colts are Screwed....

What the hell happened with Rhodes and Addai? (Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)

Much as it pains me to watch...

6 Attachment(s) Bump this "Bears Suck" Thread until we beat them in the Opener. Don't let it fall!

Colts better win SB in 2008, because.... (Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)

Springsteen to perform at SB

Poll: Hayden/Jackson . . . you can only keep one . . .

Ugoh, Hunter injured

Opening night at LOS!! (Multi-page thread 1 2 3)

Good Polian Q&A (Multi-page thread 1 2)

Who the heck are Vandelay Tickets?

raphael120
08-14-2008, 02:13 PM
Yes, its a lot like ours...well, minus their avatars having players of their teams holding super bowl tropheys. But other than that...

Demon
08-14-2008, 02:56 PM
Yes, its a lot like ours...well, minus their avatars having players of their teams holding super bowl tropheys. But other than that...

LOL

Yeah. One thing about fans is i don't think you'll ever find a large group of satisfied fans. Any time you get a group of a few thousand fans on any web site at the same time, you're going to find several "haters" and fans who think it could be done better.

HughC
08-14-2008, 03:09 PM
I checked a few other sites and for the most part they're similar. A handful of doom and gloom pessimists, a few people secreaming for somebody to be replaced, and few that are obsessed with a rival team. There definitely was a wide variance in the quantity and quality of football conversation from site to site though.

Chargers - very optimistic, a lot of talk about new players and the last game. Insecure and jealous obsession with the Raiders. Not particularly insightful with football knowledge though.

Colts - one site had very little football talk; another talked more about the Patriots than they did about the Colts. By far the largest thread on a third one (noted above) was about the Bears (I guess many in the area are still Bears fans?)

Patriots - one site had very little football talk (all in one forum), another was all football and appeared to know their football very well. A lot of daily training camp reports and analysis. Some worries about the o-line. Biggest topics seemed to be *****in' about backup QB and Chad Jackson, a #4 WR. Wish those were our biggest concerns.

Steelers - About every 4th or 5th thread somehow turned in to a Pats bashing by the same 3 or 4 people. Other than that, some very good analysis; a lot of football knowledge blended with some unrealistic optimism.

Giants - I only found one, and it was another one-big-forum dominated by a lot of non-football talk. I guess there's just too many other things to do around there.

Cowboys - A lot more talk about Hard Knocks than anything else, followed by *****in' about some backup TE. I guess every team has it's own red headed step child to kick around.

Packers - isn't it obvious?

Vikings - A lot of *****in' about the coach, the QB, the WR's, the front office. I take it they didn't win their first game?

Seahawks - This was rather unique. I found one site that was dominated by one member/fan who apparently just opened up a sports bar. I then went to another site, and it's one of the more popular threads there too. Maybe with all their coffee shops, this is the first sports bar to open in Seattle?

Romes
09-18-2008, 11:20 AM
Is this what it would be like? :idunno:

Cause the BZ has been an awesome place lately. :up:

Michael82
09-18-2008, 12:57 PM
Is this what it would be like? :idunno:

Cause the BZ has been an awesome place lately. :up:
Yes it has! :hi5: