PDA

View Full Version : Barnes on Rome Show Recap

patmoran2006
08-14-2008, 01:20 PM
Darian Barnes just appeared on the Jim Rome Radio show. Some random notes<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>

Talked about his Bret Favre quote.. He said he “I still don’t care.” Has nothing to do with him or the Buffalo Bills. <o:p></o:p>
He says he’s (Bret) not just another good QB, but he doesn’t care about the situation on how he got to the Jets. “It was getting to be too much.” Even if his wife said she’s “tired of hearing about it.” Barnes said “Don’t you start talking about it too.”<o:p></o:p>
Barnes has a won a Super bowl (with <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:PlaceName w:st="on">Tampa</st1:PlaceName> <st1:PlaceType w:st="on">Bay</st1:PlaceType></st1:place>)—I did forget about that.<o:p></o:p>
Says the fullback position may be the hardest position to stay in the NFL at, especially with so many spread offenses.<o:p></o:p>
Admits that fullback is no longer perceived as an important spot. It’s not a glamorous position and it’s “hard to find people to do it.”<o:p></o:p>
“I like it very much” he was quoted as when asked if he likes to hit people. “I like to hit them in the face,” (lol) .. He’ll stop playing when he “can’t hit anyone anymore.”<o:p></o:p>
Lorenzo Neal is his favorite fullback.<o:p></o:p>
Has one career touchdown, but a pancake block is more rewarding to him. “I’m here to hit people and make a hole for running backs.”<o:p></o:p>
Linebackers he’s had the toughest collisions include Ray Lewis and James Harrison<o:p></o:p>
talked about his National Triumph league. An athlete super hero comic book. (Wasn’t really interested in hearing about it to be honest). Its supposed to be about what its really like to be a pro athlete beyond the media and the fanfare.<o:p></o:p><o:p> </o:p>
Romey liked him so much that he offered him on the spot a correspondent position for his TV show, he’ll send cameras out for Barnes to file a report while on the job. <o:p></o:p>
<st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Rome</st1:place></st1:City> said “that was awesome.” He’s in love with him (Barnes) for the comment about not caring about Favre, and said after one question today when Barnes said he “still doesn’t care” it’s one of the best interviews he’s ever had.<o:p></o:p>
Good stuff overall.<o:p></o:p>

Mitchell55
08-14-2008, 01:26 PM
Darian Barnes just appeared on the Jim Rome Radio show. Some random notes<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>

Talked about his Bret Favre quote.. He said he “I still don’t care.” Has nothing to do with him or the Buffalo Bills. <o:p></o:p>
He says he’s (Bret) not just another good QB, but he doesn’t care about the situation on how he got to the Jets. “It was getting to be too much.” Even if his wife said she’s “tired of hearing about it.” Barnes said “Don’t you start talking about it too.”<o:p></o:p>
Barnes has a won a Super bowl (with <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:PlaceName w:st="on">Tampa</st1:PlaceName> <st1:PlaceType w:st="on">Bay</st1:PlaceType></st1:place>)—I did forget about that.<o:p></o:p>
Says the fullback position may be the hardest position to stay in the NFL at, especially with so many spread offenses.<o:p></o:p>
Admits that fullback is no longer perceived as an important spot. It’s not a glamorous position and it’s “hard to find people to do it.”<o:p></o:p>
“I like it very much” he was quoted as when asked if he likes to hit people. “I like to hit them in the face,” (lol) .. He’ll stop playing when he “can’t hit anyone anymore.”<o:p></o:p>
Lorenzo Neal is his favorite fullback.<o:p></o:p>
Has one career touchdown, but a pancake block is more rewarding to him. “I’m here to hit people and make a hole for running backs.”<o:p></o:p>
Linebackers he’s had the toughest collisions include Ray Lewis and James Harrison<o:p></o:p>
talked about his National Triumph league. An athlete super hero comic book. (Wasn’t really interested in hearing about it to be honest). Its supposed to be about what its really like to be a pro athlete beyond the media and the fanfare.<o:p></o:p><o:p></o:p>
Romey liked him so much that he offered him on the spot a correspondent position for his TV show, he’ll send cameras out for Barnes to file a report while on the job. <o:p></o:p>
<st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Rome</st1:place></st1:City> said “that was awesome.” He’s in love with him (Barnes) for the comment about not caring about Favre, and said after one question today when Barnes said he “still doesn’t care” it’s one of the best interviews he’s ever had.<o:p></o:p>
Good stuff overall.<o:p></o:p>

Our new Sam Gash. I love it.