• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Jan 2004

Sabres will play 8 times on VS. this season

The following are the eight Sabres' games that will be broadcast by the Versus network, the NHL's national cable TV outlet in the U.S.

Tuesday, Oct. 21 vs. Boston, 7 p.m.
    Monday, Nov. 3 @ New Jersey, 7 p.m.
    Monday, Dec. 8 @ Pittsburgh, 7:30 p.m
    Monday, Dec. 22 vs. Pittsburgh, 7 p.m.
    Tuesday, Feb. 17 @ Toronto, 7:30 p.m.
    Tuesday, Feb. 24 vs. Anaheim, 7 p.m.
    Tuesday, Mar. 10 @ Philadelphia, 7 p.m.
    Monday, Apr. 6 vs. Detroit, 7 p.m.

• rbochan
    Zamboni Driver
    • Jun 2008

Re: Sabres will play 8 times on VS. this season

Let's all hope they play well enough to justify the national coverage.
    ...Rob

The American Dream isn't an SUV and a house in the suburbs;
    it's Don't Tread On Me.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

and I'll get the 4 games against Washington so that means 12 games plus whatever HDNet picks up. Not too bad.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• ddaryl
        Everything I post is sexual inuendo
        • Jan 2005

just 8 times that sucks the big one...

do they play on any other channel during the year that is not part of the center ice package ?

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by ddaryl

do they play on any other channel during the year that is not part of the center ice package ?
          HDNet picks up some games.

NBC will pick up some Sunday games later in the season, but they have a "flex schedule" deal that will allow them to pick which games based on how teams are playing.

Those are the only other national channels that pick up games. Other than that, it's just the local channel (MSG if it's a home game, the other team's local channel if it's an away game).
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• RockStar36
            Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
            • Sep 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37
            and I'll get the 4 games against Washington so that means 12 games plus whatever HDNet picks up. Not too bad.
            So you'll get like 15% of the regular season plus any bonus games on HDNet.... Is that going to be enough to bash Vanek this year?

D & S Sports

Comment

• SabreEleven
              • Aug 2002

Originally posted by ddaryl

8 times for a non-playoff team seems pretty generous to me but, of course, I get the NHL CenterIce every year.

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
                I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
                • May 2005

Originally posted by SabreEleven
                8 times for a non-playoff team seems pretty generous to me but, of course, I get the NHL CenterIce every year.
                Though, I'm going to have to scrape to pull it off this year since I'm getting Sunday Ticket too...

Comment

• Philagape
                  WIN NOW
                  • Jul 2002

I don't want them on Vs at all. Vs sucks.
                  "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                  2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• RockStar36
                    • Sep 2004

Originally posted by BlackMetalNinja
                    Though, I'm going to have to scrape to pull it off this year since I'm getting Sunday Ticket too...
                    I'm getting Center Ice too. The townhouse I'm moving to will allow me to get Dish, but of course, I have no line of sight and would have to settle for DirectTV.

D & S Sports

Comment

• rbochan
                      Zamboni Driver
                      • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Philagape
                      I don't want them on Vs at all. Vs sucks.
                      Haha.
                      Listening to Emrick's or Beninati's mindless rambling concerning Sidney Crosby (no matter what teams are playing) who walked uphill both ways through four feet of snow to the rink every Tuesday after a new moon rose and always managed to stop at Tim Horton's on the way AND OH NO WHATS THIS? Something's happening in the game? DRIIIIIIIIIVE! And Beninati... don't forget to tell us what color sweaters each team is wearing - 487 times a game. And then don't bother with a replay (Ideas...for life...(TM)) because they have to go back to "Hockey Central" so you can look at Keith Jones' godawful hairpiece looking coif or even worse, Brian "Capt. Hair" Engblom. I mean... c'mon guys, you're on TV, visit a frikken barbershop already.

Last time we played a drinking game was during the last VS Rangers@Sabres broadcast on 2008-03-10. Had to drink every time Emrick and company mentioned Sidney Crosby, the departures of Drury/Briere/Campbell, DRIIIIIIIVE!!, Rangers in their traveling whites etc.

We were all trashed by the end of the first period.

Versus is awful, second only to NBC, where if a playoff game doesn't end in regulation, they'll switch over to a to re-run of Friends of some garbage.
                      ...Rob

The American Dream isn't an SUV and a house in the suburbs;
                      it's Don't Tread On Me.

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by RockStar36
                        So you'll get like 15% of the regular season plus any bonus games on HDNet.... Is that going to be enough to bash Vanek this year?
                        I don't know why you continue to defend Vanek. He did manage 36 goals, but he was incredibly streaky and disappeared for weeks at a a time. He was also only 52nd in points and had a -5. That's not good enough for a guy making $49 million.

And BTW, I listened to almost every game that I didn't get via XM or the online radio broadcast. Granted, it's not the same, but when RJ says something to the effect of "Vanek fans on it" or "Vanek misses the open net" SEVERAL times a game, I really don't have to see it with my own eyes to know that he's underperforming
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
                          I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
                          • May 2005

Originally posted by RockStar36
                          I'm getting Center Ice too. The townhouse I'm moving to will allow me to get Dish, but of course, I have no line of sight and would have to settle for DirectTV.
                          The best part about getting it on DirecTV will that I get to choose the broadcast, so I can always get RJ, plus some of the games are in HD which is huge when it comes to hockey. MSG was hard to watch in SD, pretty bad most of the time.

Comment

• RockStar36
                            • Sep 2004

Originally posted by BlackMetalNinja
                            The best part about getting it on DirecTV will that I get to choose the broadcast, so I can always get RJ, plus some of the games are in HD which is huge when it comes to hockey. MSG was hard to watch in SD, pretty bad most of the time.
                            If I got DirectTV I wouldn't get locals so for me, they are out no matter what. I'm hoping I get some HD broadcasts with Center Ice though. Right now I've been getting NBC in HD and I've been watching a lot of the olympics simply for that reason.

D & S Sports

Comment

• Philagape
                              WIN NOW
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by rbochan
                              Haha.
                              Listening to Emrick's or Beninati's mindless rambling concerning Sidney Crosby (no matter what teams are playing) who walked uphill both ways through four feet of snow to the rink every Tuesday after a new moon rose and always managed to stop at Tim Horton's on the way AND OH NO WHATS THIS? Something's happening in the game? DRIIIIIIIIIVE! And Beninati... don't forget to tell us what color sweaters each team is wearing - 487 times a game. And then don't bother with a replay (Ideas...for life...(TM)) because they have to go back to "Hockey Central" so you can look at Keith Jones' godawful hairpiece looking coif or even worse, Brian "Capt. Hair" Engblom. I mean... c'mon guys, you're on TV, visit a frikken barbershop already.

Last time we played a drinking game was during the last VS Rangers@Sabres broadcast on 2008-03-10. Had to drink every time Emrick and company mentioned Sidney Crosby, the departures of Drury/Briere/Campbell, DRIIIIIIIVE!!, Rangers in their traveling whites etc.

We were all trashed by the end of the first period.

Versus is awful, second only to NBC, where if a playoff game doesn't end in regulation, they'll switch over to a to re-run of Friends of some garbage.
                              Don't forget the interviews that take up a quarter of the screen ... DURING PLAY.

Yes, we much prefer seeing Darcy's talking head instead of the puck!!!
                              "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                              2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

Working...
                              X