PDA

View Full Version : I'll be the first to say it..

Pride
08-14-2008, 08:56 PM
WEAK!!!

Very few jerseys... noone standing... at all. Guys in button down shirts.

And eating ice cream????

:poop:

hydro
08-14-2008, 08:57 PM
I think I saw one guy drinking a beer! :::

DraftBoy
08-14-2008, 09:01 PM
Apparently the crowd is throwing nerf balls onto the field...

Mitchell55
08-14-2008, 09:06 PM
I realy hope we dont move. The Steelers are cheered more than us. Talk about team spirit. There rooting for the wrong team.

Michael82
08-15-2008, 02:22 AM
That was an awful experience. The ****ing dome was closed and it was hotter than hell in there. Plus it took forever to climb the ****ing ramps to get to the 500 level seats. :ill: Now to mention the sterile stadium, crappy fans, no tailgating. I miss the Ralph! :( :mad:

**** TED ROGERS! Leave our team alone! :curse:

Ebenezer
08-15-2008, 02:25 AM
That was an awful experience. The ****ing dome was closed and it was hotter than hell in there. Plus it took forever to climb the ****ing ramps to get to the 500 level seats. :ill: Now to mention the sterile stadium, crappy fans, no tailgating. I miss the Ralph! :( :mad:

**** TED ROGERS! Leave our team alone! :curse:

1. The dome was closed on the Bills request. They wanted it to resemble December.

2. See #1.

3. Go to the gym more often.

4. Concrete and astroturf. Were you expecting a heartbeat.

5. Torontonians only get psyched for Leafs games.

6. There is a city ordinance against open containers. It is not allowed.

LtFinFan66
08-15-2008, 02:36 AM
way to quell Mikey's *****ing Frank:up:

Ebenezer
08-15-2008, 02:38 AM
I was trying to egg it on...rofl.

Michael82
08-15-2008, 02:44 AM
1. The dome was closed on the Bills request. They wanted it to resemble December.

2. See #1.

1. They wanted it closed to prepare them for December?!?! WTF! The dome should be open in December. That way we can still enjoy our snow and cold weather. :fit:

2. :fit:

3. Bite me!

4. That turf looked crappier and more painful than the **** at UB. :ill:

5. The average jersey was a Steelers, Dolphins, or Brett Favre packers jersey. :ill: I didn't see many Bills fans around and the stadium was pretty quiet. Hell, because of the dome, they even used fake pyrotechnics for when the Bills score TDs. :ill:

6. No open containers allowed, but no tailgating either. They wouldn't even let you take a grill out and cook some hamburgers and hot dogs. They expect you to pay $6 for their cheap ass Budweiser and whatever it cost for their food at their tailgate. Plus it's like a mile from the ****ing stadium. All the close parties are VIP only. :fit:

Ebenezer
08-15-2008, 02:50 AM

I was trying to egg it on...rofl.

1. They wanted it closed to prepare them for December?!?! WTF! The dome should be open in December. That way we can still enjoy our snow and cold weather. :fit:

2. :fit:

3. Bite me!

4. That turf looked crappier and more painful than the **** at UB. :ill:

5. The average jersey was a Steelers, Dolphins, or Brett Favre packers jersey. :ill: I didn't see many Bills fans around and the stadium was pretty quiet. Hell, because of the dome, they even used fake pyrotechnics for when the Bills score TDs. :ill:

6. No open containers allowed, but no tailgating either. They wouldn't even let you take a grill out and cook some hamburgers and hot dogs. They expect you to pay $6 for their cheap ass Budweiser and whatever it cost for their food at their tailgate. Plus it's like a mile from the ****ing stadium. All the close parties are VIP only. :fit:

Mission Accomplished. :snicker:

Michael82
08-15-2008, 02:58 AM
Mission Accomplished. :snicker:
:mad:

Ebenezer
08-15-2008, 02:59 AM
:mad:
:laughing:

Illmatic15
08-15-2008, 03:25 AM
It was preseason..

but Toronto will always be:

1.Toronto Maple Leafs
2.Toronto Raptors

Bills(if they move here) and the Blue Jays will be fighting for the 3rd spot.

LtFinFan66
08-15-2008, 04:29 AM
:lolpoint:Mikey

Historian
08-15-2008, 04:34 AM
What was the point to covering up the best seats in the house?

I know canadians are dumb, but that takes the cake.

:shakeno:

Typ0
08-15-2008, 07:03 AM
you folks have Toronto fans wrong...they will flock to support any team that is winning.

RedEyE
08-15-2008, 07:06 AM
If any of you buy/bought a t-shirt or some lousey piece of memoriablia from this stupid idea, then you are only aggravating the problem. Boycot this idiotic idea of playing games in Toronto. Don't buy tickets for it and/or merchandise.

BlackMetalNinja
08-15-2008, 07:13 AM
If any of you buy/bought a t-shirt or some lousey piece of memoriablia from this stupid idea, then you are only aggravating the problem. Boycot this idiotic idea of playing games in Toronto. Don't buy tickets for it and/or merchandise.

The last thing I want to do is commemorate us having to play "home" games outside of The Ralph. I deleted that email the instant I saw the content.

X-Era
08-15-2008, 07:17 AM
WEAK!!!

And eating ice cream????

The crowd was lame as hell, but the stadium is awesome.

Why they dont have an NFL team is beyond me.

It just would never seem right for it to be the Bills.

We have a rowdy crowd, a small town atmosphere, and a much smaller stadium that represents our small market team well. Its everything that the Rogers Centre will never be.

But thats a beautiful stadium.

One thing I noticed was that the crowd was so far back from the game. I bet the nose bleeds kind of suck in there.

X-Era
08-15-2008, 07:18 AM

2. See #1.

Ghee, sounds like a place Id like to watch the Bills NOT!

Typ0
08-15-2008, 07:21 AM
I thought it was a nice stadium when I was there too...but I didn't think it was bigger than the Ralph unless you start counting the hotel and what not.

Ebenezer
08-15-2008, 07:27 AM
One thing I noticed was that the crowd was so far back from the game. I bet the nose bleeds kind of suck in there.

that's because it was built for baseball.

Bulldog
08-15-2008, 07:28 AM
I thought it was a nice stadium when I was there too...but I didn't think it was bigger than the Ralph unless you start counting the hotel and what not.

I'm a little confused by that too. The Ralph holds around 73,000, while the Rogers Centre holds around 54,000.

Ebenezer
08-15-2008, 07:30 AM
I'm a little confused by that too. The Ralph holds around 73,000, while the Rogers Centre holds around 54,000.
The number of seats doesn't matter. It's what they can charge for them. Toronto is the NYC of Canada. Buffalo is the Moncton of Canada.

ddaryl
08-15-2008, 07:36 AM
The Toronto association will not be going away

and must I remind all of you complainers, that this is the only way the Bills will be able to compete with big market clubs, and modern NFL economics....

be careful what you wish for, you know what the end results could very well be.

Ebenezer
08-15-2008, 07:38 AM

and must I remind all of you complainers, that this is the only way the Bills will be able to compete with big market clubs, and modern NFL economics....

the results will be just that unless somebody ponies up a billion George Washington's to keep them here...might not be Toronto but it will be someplace else unless that kind of cash is collected.

Typ0
08-15-2008, 07:40 AM
The number of seats doesn't matter. It's what they can charge for them. Toronto is the NYC of Canada. Buffalo is the Moncton of Canada.

I'm sorry but when you say "bigger" you are talking about size and seating capacity not profitability.

Typ0
08-15-2008, 07:41 AM
the results will be just that unless somebody ponies up a billion George Washington's to keep them here...might not be Toronto but it will be someplace else unless that kind of cash is collected.

nobody here is going to throw that kind of money away. The only person who can keep the team here is "the saint" Ralph Wilson who has effectively sealed our fate with his crappy senile attitude.

THATHURMANATOR
08-15-2008, 07:46 AM
The Rogers center is the worst generic stadium I have ever been to.

Romes
08-15-2008, 07:50 AM

Welcome back to the BZ, Thurm. :up:

Ebenezer
08-15-2008, 07:50 AM
nobody here is going to throw that kind of money away. The only person who can keep the team here is "the saint" Ralph Wilson who has effectively sealed our fate with his crappy senile attitude.
then you are resigned to the fact that they are gone when he dies?

Typ0
08-15-2008, 07:55 AM
then you are resigned to the fact that they are gone when he dies?

I'd say about 85% they are going. Ralph won't talk to people here about buying the team because he says no one has the money. What he means is no one will pay in this market what they will pay in some other markets. If the team goes to bid in an open market it's kind of a no brainer the highest bids are going to come from places with more resources. The only thing that could keep the team here is a commitment from the league to keep the team here and squash external deals somehow...but they don't have a history of doing this either. Plus, the league owners just want the team to be as profitable as possible so it stops sucking at the high market teams coffers. The situation is very grim.

OpIv37
08-15-2008, 08:01 AM

Obviously you've never been to FedEx field. The stadium is new and has a lot of good features (ie jumbotrons at both ends) but it has no character at all. It's just sterile.

But back to the Bills... like Historian said, I don't know why they covered up the best seats in the house, unless no one bought them because they were so overpriced. And I couldn't believe how quiet it was- it's a friggin DOME. It should echo like crazy.

I'm hoping that this was just the preseason factor and real games there will be more exciting.

blackonyx89
08-15-2008, 08:11 AM
Toronto so does not deserve the Bills!

When the Bills were doing their thing, I was yelling at the screen telling the Toronto crowd make some more freaking noise! No offense Canadians are too laid back a to be an crowd and I don't care if it's a preseason or a regular season game. Toronto will NEVER equal the passion and energy of the true BUFFALO BILLS FANS !!!

P.S. What ticked me off even more was the fact there were thousands of people coming into the Rogers Center wearing other NFL jerseys!?! No! This is Bills Country!!!

dasaybz
08-15-2008, 08:15 AM

We have a rowdy crowd, a small town atmosphere, and a much smaller stadium that represents our small market team well. Its everything that the Rogers Centre will never be.

I don't know man. I've been to that stadium about 4 times, and I think it's absolutely terrible. Nothing about it says beautiful or awesome.

dannyek71
08-15-2008, 09:05 AM
It may have been because it was preseason, but the game seemed totally sterile to me. Playing indoors just doesnt seem like football to me.

justasportsfan
08-15-2008, 09:21 AM
WEAK!!!

And eating ice cream????

I'm sure the women were hotter though.

jpdex12
08-15-2008, 09:30 AM
What was the point to covering up the best seats in the house?

I know canadians are dumb, but that takes the cake.

:shakeno:

I just wet myself...

dannyek71
08-15-2008, 10:10 AM
I was forced to resort to drinking beer from an empty can of pepsi in a parking garage as our form of tailgating. I can't wait to watch a game in home sweet home.

lordofgun
08-15-2008, 11:01 AM
Jerseys are for players, not spectators.

Typ0
08-15-2008, 12:34 PM
Jerseys are for players, not spectators.

no way man...I have a Morgana jersey and I don't even have to wear a bra.

Historian
08-15-2008, 03:03 PM

There are two things I will not share:

My wife and my football team.

I love both very dearly in my heart, but either one is free to leave me at any time if they're not happy.

And even though I would hate it...I can survive without either one.

Dr. Pepper
08-15-2008, 06:25 PM

the ralph is waaaaaaay bigger than the sky dome, or rogers center, or rogers centre, or whatever. it's a nice venue especially with the cn tower next door, but if they were ever serious about getting an nfl team they would NEED a new stadium.

SABuffalo786
08-15-2008, 06:57 PM
We have a rowdy crowd, a small town atmosphere, and a much smaller stadium.

The Rogers Centre is about 20,000 seats smaller than the Ralph. We have one of the larger stadiums in the league.

Typ0
08-15-2008, 07:22 PM
the ralph is waaaaaaay bigger than the sky dome, or rogers center, or rogers centre, or whatever. it's a nice venue especially with the cn tower next door, but if they were ever serious about getting an nfl team they would NEED a new stadium.

it's not just an NFL team either...if Toronto is going for a team they are going to be after a superbowl.

-Brandon-
08-15-2008, 07:29 PM

Attend a Raptor game..........

mybills
08-16-2008, 07:16 AM
no tailgating is just wrong.

lordofgun
08-16-2008, 08:12 AM
Attend a Raptor game..........
:chuckle: No thanks.

Typ0
08-16-2008, 09:52 PM
no tailgating is just wrong.

you can tailgate there. you just have to be discreet.