PDA

View Full Version : John's...ahem, I mean... Yordad's semibuzzed tidbits

yordad
08-14-2008, 10:36 PM
I usually do an after-game thing, but during the preseason I am less interested, and kinda buzzed so I don't usually. Anyways... I have some random thoughts. If you want to respond to only one thing, feel free. Doing this way keeps me from making X number of threads, but people seem to shy away from responding to this format. I don't know why, but don't be wusses.

Our first team looked a little better then theirs. We looked faster, as strong (well Rothlisburger is a stud), and more talented. Now, I know it is preseason, but that is a nice impression to get out of this game. I mean, Pittsburgh isn't a slouch.

The 1st string offense looked good. It was the progression, and production, you hope to see for the second game. They were alot sharper in only 5 days.

The Bills mixed it up early. They used the running backs in the passing game. They capitalized in the red zone. It was nice to see, and I hope we continue to do so. But we kind of went a little conservative too early for a preseason game, IMO. I mean, they threw like 1 pass the last 24 minutes of the game. :wtf:

Baker came in before Hamden, and they let him throw one pass. One more then then Hamden threw. But, I guess as the number three, they just wanna see who can do the basics. Call the play, get them out of the huddle and lined up, etc. But, I woulda liked to see what these guys had. I hear they look good.

Edwards looked good. He threw outside, he threw short. One of those passes looked impossible. He scrambled for a first, deep at his own end, on third down. He looked strong and athletic while doing it. He wasn't perfect, but I am encouraged, again.

Edwards and Evans were on the same page. Parrish can be used effectively.

Schouman was unimpressive. But, even more then he was unimpressive, Royal was. He shined in the red zone. 2 tds? That is like a season for him.

There were several times when I was thinking really loud, "Throw the fade to Hardy!" in the red zone. That miss-read/miss-ran Edwards to Schouman pass down there, had me had me wanting to see it even more. Why yall slackin? You know what we want to see. Can't fault them though, they punched it in.

Whitner made a play. A couple. Ooh whee, he looked good. Good-to-see soon-to-be captain. Good for the NFL/City/World. Great for the team. I hope it isn't a mirage, but I don't think it is.

The first team run D was good against a very good run team and running back. Actually, if you left out that one long scramble (that I missed in transit from the bar) Pittsburgh average only like 3 ypc.

Ummm, McKelvin is awesome. That return looked like it was only 40 yards. A buddy and I were like, "Oh, here it comes...." Then Bam!.... I swear, that looked really easy. And, I liked how the broadcasters were talking about team mates giving him grief about last week. They were right, he should have never cut left against Washington on that punt. He learned, and is the odds on favorite to earn my just-made-up-award for Bills Preseason Most Electrifying New Player. LOL, thankyou captain obvious, right. Anyways, he will win a signed fishing hat from me if he keeps it up.

Youboty. Gez man. You got burned on that one play, but other then that you weren't bad. I bet you wish you could get that one play back. It could have cost you a lot more then one single play in your entire life.

Schobel looked like the guy we expected to see when we added interior line help. If he keeps being that disruptive, he will force O's to game plan for him. But, on the flip side, was that Kelsey who looked all unathletic on the first play when he nearly had a sack? I hope it was Williams, at lest he has an excuse. Anyways, we got good pressure early, but it would be nice to see them capitalize with a big play.

I think that dude that recovered that fumble was totally in bounds. I don't remember who he was, but that was a freakin' turnover. It was inside two minutes too; that shoulda been reviewed.

Fine and Johnson didn't do anything good that I noticed.

Scott was impressive.

They really did try and have Wendling jump the line for a field goal block. Holy cow!

I'm hungry, that's all I got for now.

Mitchell55
08-14-2008, 10:40 PM
I usually do an after-game thing, but during the preseason I am less interested, and kinda buzzed so I don't usually. Anyways... I have some random thoughts. If you want to respond to only one thing, feel free. Doing this way keeps me from making X number of threads, but people seem to shy away from responding to this format. I don't know why, but don't be wusses.

Our first team looked a little better then their's. We looked faster, as strong (well Rothlisburger is a stud), and more talented. Now, I know it preseason, but that is a nice impression to get out of this game. I mean, Pittsburgh isn't a slouch.

The 1st string offense looked good. It was the progression, and production, you hope to see for the second game. They were alot sharper in only 5 days.

They mixed it up early. They used the running backs in the passing game. They capitalized in the red zone. It was nice to see, and I hope we continue to do so. But we kind of went a little conservative too early for a preseason game, IMO. I mean, they threw like 1 pass the last 24 minutes of the game. :wtf:

Baker came in before Hamden, and they let him throw one pass. One more then then Hamden threw. But, I guess as the number three, they just wanna see who can do the basics. Call the play, get them out of the huddle and lined up, etc. But, I woulda liked to see what these guys had. I hear they look good.

Edwards looked good. He threw outside, he threw short. One of those passes looked impossible. He scrambled for a first, deep at his own end, on third down. He looked strong and athletic while doing it. He wasn't perfect, but I am encouraged, again.

Edwards and Evans were on the same page.

Schouman was unimpressive. But, even more then he was unimpressive, Royal was. He shined in the red zone. 2 tds? That is like a season for him.

There were several times when I was thinking really loud, "Throw the fade to Hardy!" in the red zone. That miss-read/miss-ran Edwards to Schouman pass down there, had me had me wanting to see it even more. Why yall slackin? You know what we want to see. Can't fault them though, they punched it in.

Whitner made a play. A couple. Ooh whee, he looked good. Good-to-see soon-to-be captain. Good for the NFL/City/World. Great for the team. I hope it isn't a mirage, but I don't think it is.

The first team run D was good against a very good run team and running back. Actually, if you left out that one long scramble (that I missed in transit) Pittsburgh average only like 3 ypc.

Ummm, McKelvin is awesome. That return looked like it was only 40 yards. A buddy and I were like, "Oh, here it comes...." Then Bam!.... I swear, that looked really easy. And, I liked how the broadcasters were talking about team mates giving him grief about last week. They were right, he should have never cut left against Washington on that punt. He learned, and is the odds on favorite to earn my just-made-up-award for Bills Preseason Most Electrifying New Player. LOL, thankyou captain obvious, right. Anyways, he will win a signed fishing hat from me if he keeps it up.

Youboty. Gez man. You got burned on that one play, but other then that you weren't bad. I bet you wish you could get that one play back. It could have cost you a lot more then one single play in your entire life.

Schobel looked like the guy we expected to see when we added interior line help. If he keeps being that disruptive, he will force O's to game plan for him. But, on the flip side, was that Kelsey who looked all unathletic on the first play when he nearly had a sack? I hope it was Williams, at lest he has an excuse. Anyways, we got good pressure early, but it would be nice to see them capitalize with a big play.

I think that dude that recovered that fumble was totally in bounds. I don't remember who he was, but that was a freakin' turnover. It was inside two minutes too; that shoulda been reviewed.

I'm hungry, that's all I got for now.

Not to sound crazy. But we killed them running, and had the same amount of passing yards againt the opposing 1st string D.

Mitchell55
08-14-2008, 10:43 PM
The dude was Spencer.

yordad
08-14-2008, 10:52 PM
Oh yeah. Lynch looked good, and strong.... and versatile. He even had a very good blocking pickup on the TE to RR TD. Jackson looked good too. I was telling a different buddy, "You wouldn't trade your running backs for ours? Just because you ain't ever heard of Jackson... just watch."

They didn't disappoint.

shelby
08-15-2008, 04:31 AM
i love the Freddy Jackson/Lynch combo.

Freddy is underrated.

yordad
08-15-2008, 10:21 AM
I think I'm just going to make "X" number of threads next time.