PDA

View Full Version : What A Great Offense, Led By Trent !

Night Train
08-15-2008, 12:13 AM
I guess that invented crisis died a quick death.

Thanks for being patient. :rofl:

Philagape
08-15-2008, 12:16 AM
They just switched heads last week, that's all.

Mitchy moo
08-15-2008, 12:17 AM
I am watching the replay right now and we drove well on Pittsburgh's 1st stringers. They kept all their main guys on, we held onto the ball and punched it home twice. These are the type of things that lead me to believe that with the right effot, we'll be way ahead of the teams that we play.

Ebenezer
08-15-2008, 12:17 AM
I guess that invented crisis died a quick death.

Thanks for being patient. :rofl:
I'm happy. Now I want to see it when the real bullets fly.

Night Train
08-15-2008, 02:33 AM
I'm happy. Now I want to see it when the real bullets fly.

Yup.

That's what used to frighten me about RJ & Bledsoe. They'd look awesome in camp and brief pre-season work. Then ...

Maybe Turk will make a difference with Edwards & this offense. The playcalling sure looked good.

It wasn't a good play here and there but drives that produced points.

Ebenezer
08-15-2008, 02:40 AM
Yup.

That's what used to frighten me about RJ & Bledsoe. They'd look awesome in camp and brief pre-season work. Then ...

Maybe Turk will make a difference with Edwards & this offense. The playcalling sure looked good.

It wasn't a good play here and there but drives that produced points.
and they were in synch...it wasn't like 9 or 10 guys were doing there job and something happened that made the play work...it looked like the entire offense was on the same page on the vast majority of plays...there were some clunkers but it is preseason.

Crisis
08-15-2008, 03:14 AM
im not dead bro dont worry

patmoran2006
08-15-2008, 06:22 AM
That work he's been doing with Evans paid off last night. THey looked like freegin Manning/Harrison the way they were in sync in with each other.

Mr. Miyagi
08-15-2008, 06:24 AM
I missed the 1st string offense. I only got to see the scrubs but they looked good too.

BAM
08-15-2008, 06:35 AM
That was a great thing to see. I'm certainly happy I saw some real progress. But I also realize it's just preseason. Just as it was last weekend against the Skins.

jmb1099
08-15-2008, 06:41 AM
That work he's been doing with Evans paid off last night. THey looked like freegin Manning/Harrison the way they were in sync in with each other.
You know as I was watching I was trying to think of comparisons and a few came to mind but I quickly dismissed anything too positive for fear of jinxing the chemistry. I realize it was only one game and I realize it was only preseason, but last night did look like Maning/Harrison. I'm not suggesting it is a done deal, but last night the tandem of Edwards to Evans was as good as any in the league. As Eb as said, lets see what happens when the real bullets fly.

baalworship
08-15-2008, 07:11 AM
My favorite quote:

"We weren't the more physical team and normally that doesn't happen," linebacker Larry Foote said.

don137
08-15-2008, 07:19 AM
I agree with Eb. Let's wait until he can do it consistantly when the bullets fly....The good news is we will not have to hear all the whiny negative Nellie’s berate this board all week with constant criticism. Maybe they can spend some time preparing for next year's draft like they said they were going to do after last week's game.

ddaryl
08-15-2008, 07:22 AM
Trent looked like a stud running the O... that was very encouraging.

He had nice zip on a few of those throws too...

I was also very encouraged by the run blocking and the OL performance in general....

JP... well JP looked like the JP we know all too well.

don137
08-15-2008, 07:33 AM
Trent looked like a stud running the O... that was very encouraging.

He had nice zip on a few of those throws too...

I was also very encouraged by the run blocking and the OL performance in general....

JP... well JP looked like the JP we know all too well.

That's exacly why stats are for losers. JP's stats do not look too bad going 4/5 for 19 yards however that doesn't tell the true picture like the sacks he gave up. I truly like JP and want him to do well but he has proven he is not a starter. Like you said...JP is JP

Novacane
08-15-2008, 08:09 AM
Thank goodness Trent played well. It may only be preseason but that wouldn't have mattered to the 4 or 5 lickers left if he had played poorly. This place would be a zoo again for another week. At least he shut them up for 1 week. They must be pissed :snicker:

Jan Reimers
08-15-2008, 08:28 AM
I agree with Eb. Let's wait until he can do it consistantly when the bullets fly....The good news is we will not have to hear all the whiny negative Nellie’s berate this board all week with constant criticism. Maybe they can spend some time preparing for next year's draft like they said they were going to do after last week's game.
Amen, don. It's amazing what one decent preseason outing can do for this board. It's actually fun to be here again.