PDA

View Full Version : Bench Fowler!

Michael82
08-15-2008, 02:50 AM
I know that Duke Preston sucks as a Guard, but he was the starter today and IMO, the line looked much better than last week. Preston did a nice job as the starting Center. Melvin Fowler is our weakest link..... :up:

Night Train
08-15-2008, 04:40 AM
Preston can't play Guard to save himself but has size at Center.

Coming out of Illini, he was rated as a 6th-7th Rounder Center but TD reached for him in Round 4. I never considered him a bust because I never thought he had good feet to begin with. Always lunging at Guard and getting beat.

But at Center, he's far bigger than Fowler and may be a better option right now. At least he can anchor some and drive block. Fowler can do neither.

patmoran2006
08-15-2008, 06:20 AM
Damn. Fowler played only one series and the line looked good that series.

THis is DUke Preston you're talking about, right?

I'm all for upgrading over Fowler, but it isn't with Duke Preston.

John Doe
08-15-2008, 06:57 AM
Suddenly Preston is a fairly important player on the team. Fowler has not looked very good so Preston is competing for a starting spot at center.

Also, with Butler seeing time at tackle, Preston is competing with Whittle at right guard.

And, late in the game, they were giving Duke reps at tackle as well due to the lack of bodies there.

RedEyE
08-15-2008, 07:09 AM
It's two drives and one preseason game. Thankfully most of you aren't coaches or GM's as nearly every player on the team would have been cut-resigned-cut the last two weeks.

ddaryl
08-15-2008, 07:31 AM
One can only hope that Preston can be better then Fowler at C consistently...

If we can get Peters to put his tail between his legs and get on the field our OL is in pretty decent shape.

Ebenezer
08-15-2008, 07:33 AM
It's two drives and one preseason game. Thankfully most of you aren't coaches or GM's as nearly every player on the team would have been cut-resigned-cut the last two weeks.
And money would have been freely thrown out the window because we have "so much cap room" we can afford to do anything.