• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Some Preliminary comments

So, NFLN didn't show the game until midnight- I stayed up and watched until they pulled the starters (Pittsburgh's first TD) and I'll watch the rest on DVR. But here are some comments based on what I saw so far:

-Was that Pittsburgh's first team defense? It sure as hell didn't look like it. Regardless, it was encouraging to see the O moving the ball and scoring 2 red zone TD's.
    -Although Hardy was listed as the starter, they didn't put him in until we were in the red zone.
    -Fred Jackson looks solid again
    -The starting D got two stops-including one turnover, but Pittsburgh was moving the ball and largely stifled themselves with penalties. It wasn't a bad performance but I was hoping to see them be more stout up front.
    -Stroud made some plays
    -Ko Simpson gift wrapped that INT for Whitner. But, we'll take 'em however we can get 'em.
    -Will James looked lost
    -Youboty doesn't look nearly as good against Pittsburgh's first string as he did against Washington's second string.
    -I'm not sold on Wilson and I think we may have depth issues at S
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Re: Some Preliminary comments

Op has obviously not had his coffee yet.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

oh I forgot Robert Royal. Not only did he have the TD's but I saw him make some solid blocks as well. Let's just hope he can bring it in the regular season.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
        Op has obviously not had his coffee yet.
        contrary to some people's beliefs, I don't ***** without reason. Last night, the starters didn't give me anything to ***** about. The starting O scored 2 redzone TD's in two drives- can't ask for any more than that. And the starting D gave up some yards but no points- it wasn't perfect or pretty but it got the necessary results.

Like I said before the Washington game, I just wanted to see something to suggest this team has improved. And last night, they showed some key improvements.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
          I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
          • May 2005

I watched about the exact same portion of the game, and I'd say your assessment was pretty dead on. Certainly more encouraging than the Redskins game at any rate.

Comment

• Ebenezer
            Give me a minute...
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
            contrary to some people's beliefs, I don't ***** without reason. Last night, the starters didn't give me anything to ***** about. The starting O scored 2 redzone TD's in two drives- can't ask for any more than that. And the starting D gave up some yards but no points- it wasn't perfect or pretty but it got the necessary results.

Like I said before the Washington game, I just wanted to see something to suggest this team has improved. And last night, they showed some key improvements.
            I would have allowed you to be a little bit more harsh on the defense. They didn't look good.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Bulldog
              Top Dog
              • Jan 2003

So, NFLN didn't show the game until midnight- I stayed up and watched until they pulled the starters (Pittsburgh's first TD) and I'll watch the rest on DVR. But here are some comments based on what I saw so far:

-Was that Pittsburgh's first team defense? It sure as hell didn't look like it. Regardless, it was encouraging to see the O moving the ball and scoring 2 red zone TD's.
              -Although Hardy was listed as the starter, they didn't put him in until we were in the red zone.
              -Fred Jackson looks solid again
              -The starting D got two stops-including one turnover, but Pittsburgh was moving the ball and largely stifled themselves with penalties. It wasn't a bad performance but I was hoping to see them be more stout up front.
              -Stroud made some plays
              -Ko Simpson gift wrapped that INT for Whitner. But, we'll take 'em however we can get 'em.
              -Will James looked lost
              -Youboty doesn't look nearly as good against Pittsburgh's first string as he did against Washington's second string.
              -I'm not sold on Wilson and I think we may have depth issues at S
              I love it how you can't give the Bill offense credit without first questioning if it was the Steelers first team defense. I'm not saying that Buffalo's offense is suddenly prolific, but if you weren't impressed by what they did last night, I don't know what to tell you. And for what it's worth, Buffalo had already pulled most of the starters on defense when the Steelers scored their first TD. Must have been tough for you to watch that knowing that you wouldn't e able to come on here today and rip the team a new one.
              I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
                I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
                • May 2005

Originally posted by Bulldog
                I love it how you can't give the Bill offense credit without first questioning if it was the Steelers first team defense. I'm not saying that Buffalo's offense is suddenly prolific, but if you weren't impressed by what they did last night, I don't know what to tell you. And for what it's worth, Buffalo had already pulled most of the starters on defense when the Steelers scored their first TD. Must have been tough for you to watch that knowing that you wouldn't e able to come on here today and rip the team a new one.
                You complain when he gets negative... he is actually being fairly positive here, and you still jump all over him. How does that make you any better than him? You're trying to pick out things to complain about that aren't really there... isn't that what Op does that bothers you in the first place?

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

I would have allowed you to be a little bit more harsh on the defense. They didn't look good.
                  yeah I was hoping for more from them, but at the end of the day, the starters didn't give up any points even if Pittsburgh was moving the ball. I'm really not too concerned about S. Holmes and Ben Rothlisbergenheimenreiner putting up a TD on Ashton Youboty and George Wilson. And surprisingly, the O helped them out by putting up points and keeping them off the field. That's a winning formula in a game that matters.

Of course, there's only been two games- one where they looked like garbage and one where they looked good- so we don't know which team will show up on Sunday afternoons in September. But they showed signs of life and that's all you can really ask for in preseason.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Bulldog
                    Top Dog
                    • Jan 2003

Originally posted by BlackMetalNinja
                    You complain when he gets negative... he is actually being fairly positive here, and you still jump all over him. How does that make you any better than him? You're trying to pick out things to complain about that aren't really there... isn't that what Op does that bothers you in the first place?
                    I just found it amusing that OP had to preface his remarks about the offense with his usual cynical point of view.
                    I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Bulldog
                      dude are you even reading my posts? First, the first team D thing was a joke- if it wasn't funny, fine- don't laugh. But don't take it so seriously. Second, I acknowledged that the first team D didn't give up any points..

I only rip the team a new one when they give me a reason to rip them a new one- last night, they played well and so I came on and complimented them. But you're still complaining about my posts? Seriously, what do you want from me?
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                        Zero for Zero!
                        • Mar 2003

contrary to some people's beliefs, I don't ***** without reason.
                        Well, unless it involves a soccer mom......
                        Originally posted by mysticsoto
                        Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                          Zero for Zero!
                          • Mar 2003

So allowing no points, causing a turnover and stifling one of the better RBs in the NFL (Parker) does not look good? (granted it was only two series)

You need to relax. I loved the way the defense played, with the exception of not finishing the sacks. Hell, right now you are being more negative than Op. Think about it.

And Stroud looked like the Stroud of old. I was watching him. 2 blockers every play and they could not stop him.

Whitner's Int is the kind of play they need and that is what good safeties do. Be around the ball and take advantage of opportunity.
                          Originally posted by mysticsoto
                          Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                            Give me a minute...
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                            Well, unless it involves a soccer mom......
                            soccer mom's are hot in bed if you get them liquored up first...

...did I just type that? Oy, awake for 24 hours is a killer.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                              Give me a minute...
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                              So allowing no points, causing a turnover and stifling one of the better RBs in the NFL (Parker) does not look good? (granted it was only two series)

You need to relax. I loved the way the defense played, with the exception of not finishing the sacks. Hell, right now you are being more negative than Op. Think about it.

And Stroud looked like the Stroud of old. I was watching him. 2 blockers every play and they could not stop him.

Whitner's Int is the kind of play they need and that is what good safeties do. Be around the ball and take advantage of opportunity.
                              I am not being negative. Pittsburgh offense was very bland. I don't even remember them using motion once. The INT was a very lucky deflection. The DBs didn't have a good night. That may be because Whitner isn't ready but it is enough to raise concern. I agree on Stroud but the other DT position was invisibile.

Comment

Working...
                              X