X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • billsburgh
    • Jul 2003

Biggest disappointment so far....

has to be John McCargo. this guy has been getting the majority of his reps against the 2nd and 3rd stringers and he's still pretty ineffective. He has shown me nothing in the first 2 games. This was supposed to be the year he finally makes a difference and I dont see it happening.
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Re: Biggest disappointment so far....

Originally posted by billsburgh
    has to be John McCargo. this guy has been getting the majority of his reps against the 2nd and 3rd stringers and he's still pretty ineffective. He has shown me nothing in the first 2 games. This was supposed to be the year he finally makes a difference and I dont see it happening.
    I tend to reserve judgement on defensive players until we see what they do in the regular season. Most of the defense right now is down right vanilla.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
      • May 2003

I think conditioning is a big issue with McCargo. He seemed to get a lot of playing time last night, even if it was mostly with the second and third stringers, which hopefully will get him in better shape.

I think he can still be good, but it seems that he is still not real serious about his conditioning.
      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• trapezeus
        Legendary Zoner
        • Oct 2004

McCargo is maddeningly inconsistent. reading that Blo news article on him a couple weeks ago broke my spirit on him a bit. he said something like he didn't feel like he had his speed. and i wonder if its because he isn't as good as advertised. Also his weight fine made me nervous. i think it's going to be a long year for McCargo. Yet he'll have one or two games where he can be a difference maker. Hopefully stroud, spencer J. and Schobel get more attention that lets mccargo snake into the backfield.

Comment

• bigbub2352
          • Feb 2005

I reserve judgment until the regular season, they are really not running any stunts or anything they have him holding his ground from what i saw, I would like to see more knifing thru the line but looks like they had him just standing up they may be by design
          XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• CAbills
            • Jul 2004

An ESPN article showed him with Coy Wire this offseason doing those crazy Rocky workouts. Where they run threw rapids while holding tree trunks. So its not like he was sitting around all offseason.
            Lets Go Buffalo!
            Boiler Up!

Comment

• yordad
              • Dec 2007

Originally posted by CAbills
              An ESPN article showed him with Coy Wire this offseason doing those crazy Rocky workouts. Where they run threw rapids while holding tree trunks. So its not like he was sitting around all offseason.
              Did you happen to see how fat he looked? There was another DT there that looked like he could eat McCargo's fat a--.
              "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Tatonka
                • Jul 2002

i am really perplexed by the whole situation because at the end of last year, mccargo was blowing up the backfield on a regular basis.. i really really had high expectations for the guy.. i just dont get it.. it definately looked like he was going to take the next step.
                "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Devin
                  The Octagon
                  • Apr 2003

http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• billsburgh
                    • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Tatonka
                    i am really perplexed by the whole situation because at the end of last year, mccargo was blowing up the backfield on a regular basis.. i really really had high expectations for the guy.. i just dont get it.. it definately looked like he was going to take the next step.
                    my thoughts exactly. I still find it hard to believe that Kyle Williams is starting ahead of him. no disrespect to Williams, but a 1st rounder that they traded up for should logically be starting over a 5th rounder.

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by billsburgh
                      my thoughts exactly. I still find it hard to believe that Kyle Williams is starting ahead of him. no disrespect to Williams, but a 1st rounder that they traded up for should logically be starting over a 5th rounder.
                      At first I thought Williams was starting next to Stroud just as a position issue- 1 gap vs 3 gap, etc. But now it seems like it may actually be performance based.

Supposedly McCargo gained some weight, which can be a good thing for a DT. But maybe it slowed him down to much. Not every DT can play effectively at 3 bills.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• raphael120
                        Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
                        • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                        I tend to reserve judgement on defensive players until we see what they do in the regular season. Most of the defense right now is down right vanilla.
                        Funny. Most the other players were making plays despite the "vanilla" plays.

Comment

• billsburgh
                          • Jul 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
                          At first I thought Williams was starting next to Stroud just as a position issue- 1 gap vs 3 gap, etc. But now it seems like it may actually be performance based.

Supposedly McCargo gained some weight, which can be a good thing for a DT. But maybe it slowed him down to much. Not every DT can play effectively at 3 bills.
                          I thought that they were getting away from that this season, the 1 gap vs 3 gap, now that they have stroud. So yeah, its seems like it's performance based

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                            Roways rooking ahread!
                            • Sep 2005

Fire the team dietician.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

For the talk from camp Schouman has been a disappointment this pre season for me.
                              COMING SOON...
                              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X