• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Royal

Seems like Royal took his head out of his ass last night. Maybe the competition from Schouman and Fine is motivating him. He is still the most pollished TE we have. I hope he can continue to be consistant, Trent needs a solid safety valve.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• ddaryl
    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
    • Jan 2005

Re: Royal

the team needs production from the TE position.

How is Schouman's injury, he got dinged last night ?

Comment

• madness
      • Apr 2003

Big Rob is still developing into an all-around TE having been mainly used a blocking TE up to this point in his career. I expect he'll start proving his doubters wrong this season.

Comment

• John Doe
        Florida Man
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by madness
        Big Rob is still developing into an all-around TE having been mainly used a blocking TE up to this point in his career. I expect he'll start proving his doubters wrong this season.
        During training camp Edwards has never missed the chance to talk up Royal as a red-zone threat. Last night's game gave some credence to that possibility.

The second TD throw and catch was really impressive in terms of timing, a well run pattern by Royal and a perfectly thrown pass by Edwards. All Royal had to do after running his pattern was to turn, pluck the ball out of the air and turn upfield - a real thing of beauty.

Maybe those 2 have developed some chemistry.

Comment

• madness
          • Apr 2003

Originally posted by John Doe
          During training camp Edwards has never missed the chance to talk up Royal as a red-zone threat. Last night's game gave some credence to that possibility.

The second TD throw and catch was really impressive in terms of timing, a well run pattern by Royal and a perfectly thrown pass by Edwards. All Royal had to do after running his pattern was to turn, pluck the ball out of the air and turn upfield - a real thing of beauty.

Maybe those 2 have developed some chemistry.
          Yes it was... as was the first. Perfect placement each time... I was impressed by a lot of his throws last night.

Kudos to Turk for making this offense match the talent on the field.

Comment

• raphael120
            Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
            • Oct 2005

Originally posted by madness
            Well lets hope so. Only took him 3 years

Comment

• Mahdi
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by MBBedard
              Seems like Royal took his head out of his ass last night. Maybe the competition from Schouman and Fine is motivating him. He is still the most pollished TE we have. I hope he can continue to be consistant, Trent needs a solid safety valve.
              I really think its all the body fat he shed. He looks really lean and cut which is probably making him more fluid. Royal is a smart player he just never had the athleticism. Looks like this year he has more of everything... speed, agility and more burst.

Comment

• Night Train
                Retired - On Several Levels
                • Jul 2005

I'm actually surprised with his effort. Lat year it seemed like he bobbled EVERY ball, whether he caught it or not. It was quite maddening.

I'm all for 2nd chances.
                Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• madness
                  • Apr 2003

Originally posted by raphael120
                  Well lets hope so. Only took him 3 years
                  Not bad on a receiver's time table. His routes and hands have noticably improved every year since he's been here.

I sure as heck didn't expect him to turn into a receiving threat overnight.

Comment

• mysticsoto
                    Too sober for this...
                    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Mahdi
                    I really think its all the body fat he shed. He looks really lean and cut which is probably making him more fluid. Royal is a smart player he just never had the athleticism. Looks like this year he has more of everything... speed, agility and more burst.
                    I think it had more to do with the surgery he had offseason...

Comment

• Lexwhat
                      • Feb 2005

Royal is very inconsistent: Looks great some games and disappears during others.

Although he made plays last night, he still only played half a game, so it's hard to judge. I know he's worked hard this off-season so I am willing to give him a shot.

I am not that excited yet though. Let's see how he does in the regular season.

Comment

• Meathead
                        Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                        • Jul 2002

very impressive on the outside shoulder catch and bull into the ez

but lex is right, hes very hit and miss and miss and miss so hold off on the shannon sharpe comparisons
                        One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• ddaryl
                          Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                          • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Meathead
                          very impressive on the outside shoulder catch and bull into the ez

but lex is right, hes very hit and miss and miss and miss so hold off on the shannon sharpe comparisons

yeah I agree Royal has had a case of JP-itis... hot one week cold the next... very incosistent

but he did look sharp last night.

Comment

• Buffalogic
                            Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
                            • Feb 2006

I'm not sold on Royal until he proves he can focus in the moment. He had a lot of foolish mistakes and drops last year at key times...One preseason game doesn't change that, but he was impressive.

I still can't forgive him for being lazy and not getting his feet in bounds on that Lee Evans pass in the end zone.

Comment

Working...
                            X