PDA

View Full Version : Favre's arm 'fatigued' after morning session

Cntrygal
08-15-2008, 10:35 AM
:wtf:

Brett Favre dropped back, looked downfield and launched a long spiral about 5 yards past his intended receiver. A few plays later, the Jets quarterback short-hopped a toss that thumped into the grass.

"I felt 38 today," Favre said Wednesday after New York's morning practice. "I'm not going to lie to you."

"My arm's kind of dragging a little bit today," Favre said. "It's not really sore, but just fatigued. To be honest with you, I'm surprised that, I don't want to say I feel good, that I've been able to make it through every practice so far."

Is this his way of trying to limit his practice time?

Coles hasn't spoken to reporters since Favre was acquired and his good friend, Chad Pennington, was released to make room under the salary cap. Coles and Favre were seen on the field before practice having what appeared to be a friendly conversation

"I said, 'Look, I heard you're not talking to the media. I understand you don't want to say anything good about me. That's OK,"' Favre said with a chuckle. "He said, 'It's not that. It's not that.' I obviously was joking on that. I said, 'Look, I'm not here to take Chad's spot or replace him or whatever. It is what it is.'

"I said this the other day, I don't think I've ever beaten Chad. Those two guys had a great rapport together. I said, 'Look, I'm not trying to replace him. I'm here to help you guys win and I hope you respect me for that."'

Well, he's right... he's not TRYING to replace Chad - he DID replace Chad.

Either he was delusional when he gave this interview or the reporter was out to make him sound stupid. :cynic:

the entire goofy article (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8446380/Favre's-arm-'fatigued'-after-morning-session)

trapezeus
08-15-2008, 11:30 AM
hopefully favre fails fairly quickly because listening to all these non-stories is getting irritating. if favre fails, it'll fall by the wasteside. the media wouldn't harp on the failings of their favorite QB. However, if he turns it on, it's going to be so damn annoying.