PDA

View Full Version : A question for those who made the trek

northernbillfan
08-15-2008, 11:03 AM
Be honest with me/us, what was it like in TO?

Was it like kissing your sister? Did they put on a good show? How were the sight lines? It looked awkward on TV, especially with the stupid seats behind the bench covered up.

Will it be worth my while to go to the fish game in Dec?

dannyek71
08-15-2008, 11:22 AM
It was very awkward. The place was about 60% NFL fans, with the remaining split between bills/pitt fans.

No tailgating ruined it for me. Well, unless you consider the tailgate with $6 bud cans that you could buy. Kenny is setting up something good though. First time I've been to a game sober in quite some time. That is how bad the drinking situation was (see Mikey's photos when posts them, I think you will all cry a bit seeing me, Mikey & Kenn'y crew resorting to what we did)

The game itself felt VERY sterile. IDK if it was my seats, or b/c it was preseason but playing indoors like that with fellow fans who were not the typical drunken diehard bills fans at the ralph felt awful. Many Bills fans held up signs saying "Toronto Bills" so they were also the enemy. I actually sided more with the Pitt fans as opposed to those "Toronto Bills"

Id choose a preseason game at the ralph over a regular season game in Tor.

northernbillfan
08-15-2008, 11:34 AM
I'm really torn about going to the game this year. I want my son to experience his first NFL game and it'll be a lot cheaper for me to take him to Toronto than Buffalo as I can use Air Miles to get there, but I want him to experience the REAL NFL show, not the sidebar.

dannyek71
08-15-2008, 11:38 AM
Fly into Toronto. Rent a car and drive to Buffalo.

If my 1st NFL game was in Toronto, I'd be mad. The real deal is at the ralph