PDA

View Full Version : Go Bills Go? Get it Right Canadians. It's LETS GO BUFFALO!

raphael120
08-15-2008, 11:33 AM
The fans in Toronto were told to chant "Go Bills Go" as the chant. Trying to erase all mention of Buffalo much, aren't they?

What the ****...screw you, Rodgers.

trapezeus
08-15-2008, 11:34 AM
maybe because they scream "go leafs go". i'd hate to think that they'd be this petty to cut the team's local out of the chant.

raphael120
08-15-2008, 11:56 AM
maybe because they scream "go leafs go". i'd hate to think that they'd be this petty to cut the team's local out of the chant.

No...on tents and banners outside, sponsored by the Rodgers Center, it read "Go Bills Go!" So Rodgers was pretty much instructing how the chant should go. Im sorry, if youre going to root for my team, get the chant right. Steelers fans across the country know it's "HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO! WOO WOO!" The game being in Canada didn't change that. I dont care if youre in Canada or Jibralter, get the chant right.

dannyek71
08-15-2008, 12:00 PM
Mike and I noticed that too. No wheres in the stadium did it say the word "Buffalo"

Michael82
08-15-2008, 01:40 PM
That was one of the things that bugged me the most, plus like danny said, if you look around, you didn't see the word Buffalo anywhere inside of the stadium. It was all Bills Toronto Series. Or Bills only. Or Go Bills Go! Gayest chant ever! :puke: But no....

Let's go Buffalo! or Buffalo Bills!

The only time Buffalo was included was when they played the Shout song. Hell, the announcer never even called them Buffalo much. It was usually just the Bills.

Jaybird
08-15-2008, 02:43 PM
Complaining won't do much... Get in contact with the right people and notify them!!!

I am Canadian!

you know what the worst part about toronto is??
They try so hard to be American

Michael82
08-15-2008, 02:48 PM
Complaining won't do much... Get in contact with the right people and notify them!!!

I am Canadian!

:rofl: I noticed that too.

raphael120
08-15-2008, 02:57 PM

I am Canadian!

From what I've heard, many Canadians don't like the way Rodgers treats the public and he comes off like a huge arrogant snob. I heard he charged people out the butt for their iPhones and the contracts offered by Rodgers Communications. So much so, Apple voiced their displeasure with Rodgers.

Stewie
08-15-2008, 03:04 PM
Why would you expect fans in toronto to chant "let's go buffalo"?

The Spaz
08-15-2008, 03:23 PM
Why would you expect fans in toronto to chant "let's go buffalo"?

Because as far as I know it's still the "Buffalo Bills".

DraftBoy
08-15-2008, 03:31 PM
Because as far as I know it's still the "Buffalo Bills".

Where were they playing last night?

Stewie
08-15-2008, 03:48 PM
yea it's the buffalo bills, and they said go bills go.. so... I just don't see how anyone realistically expected them to mention buffalo at all, let alone in the revered tones people apparently wanted

-Brandon-
08-15-2008, 04:11 PM

I am Canadian!

Just because you're city can't support an NHL, NBA, MLB, CFL, and MLS team all at the same time, doesn't mean you need to get all sour my friend.

As for the chant, it was embarrasing and idiotic.

Jaybird
08-16-2008, 01:48 AM
Dude...

Toronto aint my city!!!!!

I live in Montreal, very different..... If you have ever been, you will have nothing negative to say

Jan Reimers
08-16-2008, 07:40 AM
I think the fact that they couldn't even sell out a 54,000 seat stadium for the Steelers - who always bring a bunch of their fans - speaks volumes.

mybills
08-16-2008, 08:19 AM
Hell, the announcer never even called them Buffalo much. It was usually just the Bills.
They screwed up bad one time..it was actually kinda funny.
"Bills 14, Toront...scuse me, Steelers, 0."

I'm watching again at 10..they may have even said, "Buffalo 14".

However, I don't remember them saying Pittsburgh, either. :idunno:

Novacane
08-16-2008, 08:23 AM
At least they were not chanting Lets Go Tor-on-to ;)

Michael82
08-16-2008, 08:37 AM
They screwed up bad one time..it was actually kinda funny.
"Bills 14, Toront...scuse me, Steelers, 0."

I'm watching again at 10..they may have even said, "Buffalo 14".

However, I don't remember them saying Pittsburgh, either. :idunno:
I'm talking about the stadium announcer.

mybills
08-16-2008, 09:49 AM
ok, the tv announcer said, "touch back, but a penalty against Buffalo" then the ref said, "first down Buffalo"..then the 14-0 part was Buffalo Toront..scuse me, Pittsburgh. :chuckle:

I missed most of the first quarter..I was outside. I wanted to see who McGee hit, and I wanted to watch the Lynch block again. :(