X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lexwhat
    • Feb 2005

Wow! What Could Have Been ...

This may be old news, but this is the first time I heard this. Check it out:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They are boom-and-bust quarterbacks forever linked in NFL draft lore.

Duos like Peyton Manning and Ryan Leaf. Drew Bledsoe and Rick Mirer.

And if the preseason is any indication, Class of 2007 members Trent Edwards and John Beck may soon be joining that list.

We'll never know if Edwards would be doing so well if he were in South Florida.

The Dolphins had targeted Beck in the second round last year but were going to snare Edwards at No. 40 if the former wasn't still available. Miami was especially concerned that Beck would be chosen by Philadelphia, which instead picked Kevin Kolb four slots earlier.

Edwards remembers being disappointed when seeing the Beck selection on television. Edwards lasted for 52 more picks before landing with Buffalo late in the third round.

"I saw John's picture come up on the screen, and he's got a phone to his ear and I don't," Edwards said Monday following a training camp practice in Rochester, N.Y. "It's frustrating in that regard, but I'm a firm believer things happen for a reason. I'm happy in the position I'm in.
    Last edited by Cntrygal; 08-16-2008, 02:53 PM.
  • Lexwhat
    • Feb 2005

Re: Wow! What Could Have Been ...

Oops, sorry about the graphic.

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

Here comes FTP
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• ddaryl
        Everything I post is sexual inuendo
        • Jan 2005

Originally posted by justasportsfan
        Here comes FTP

I would love to read more of his comedy... remember wins are not how you judge a teams talent

Comment

• Mitchell55
          only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
          • Feb 2008

Originally posted by ddaryl
          I would love to read more of his comedy... remember wins are not how you judge a teams talent

Trent 122 yards, 2 TDs, 6 incompletions, out of 16 passes. FTP- is he a top 2 QB. No, yards and TDs dont matter.

Comment

Working...
          X