Fox calls Trent the biggest steal in draft class.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchell55
    only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
    • Feb 2008

Fox calls Trent the biggest steal in draft class.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8...QB-draft-class
    JaMarcus Russell, Oakland/Round one (No. 1 pick): Russell missed all of the 2007 preseason in a contract holdout and it showed, as he wasn't ready to start until the season's final game. Russell should make significant strides this season, especially with running back Darren McFadden and wide receiver Javon Walker now in the offensive mix.

Brady Quinn, Cleveland/Round one (22): If not for the unexpected emergence of Derek Anderson in 2007, Quinn would probably be starting by now. Instead, he's mired as Anderson's backup for at least the 2008 campaign.

Kevin Kolb, Philadelphia/Round two (36): The Eagles remain committed to Donovan McNabb for at least another season, but Kolb is making progress by passing A.J. Feeley on Philadelphia's depth chart.

John Beck, Miami/Round two (40): Beck's four NFL starts last season were the second-highest total among rookie quarterbacks, but his future is now dim. Beck has fallen so far out of favor with Miami's new coaching staff that he probably won't make the team's regular-season roster.

Drew Stanton, Detroit/Round two (43): Stanton (knee) spent his entire rookie season on injured reserve. He is competing with Dan Orlovsky for the backup spot behind starter Jon Kitna.

Trent Edwards, Buffalo/Round three (92): Edwards is proving the biggest steal of his draft class. He showed so much promise in his seven starts last season that the Bills are keeping Edwards in that spot ahead of 2004 first-round pick J.P. Losman.

Jeff Rowe, Cincinnati/Round 5 (151): Rowe is competing with fellow 2007 draft choice Jordan Palmer for a roster spot as Cincinnati's third-string quarterback.

Troy Smith, Baltimore/Round 5 (174): One of college football's top quarterbacks in 2006, Smith's draft stock plummeted following a rough end to his senior year. Smith has rebounded and may beat out Kyle Boller as Baltimore's starter entering the season, although 2008 first-round pick Joe Flacco is still considered the team's quarterback of the future.

Jordan Palmer, Washington/Round 6 (205): Palmer didn't stick with the Redskins, but he now has the chance to make the same roster as his older brother Carson in Cincinnati.

Tyler Thigpen, Minnesota/Round 7 (217): The Vikings may ultimately regret having cut Thigpen at the end of the 2007 preseason. Thigpen was claimed off waivers by Kansas City, where he is competing with veteran Damon Huard for a backup role behind Brodie Croyle.
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Re: Fox calls Trent the biggest steal in draft class.

we will know in three years.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• ddaryl
      Everything I post is sexual inuendo
      • Jan 2005

well after last night I am getting more excited about Edwards potential. Last year he had moments, and I saw some things I liked, but by the end of the season I wasn't so rosey towards him...

Last night he looked poised and looked like he saw the field.

that 22 yard scramble for a 1st down was kick ass

Comment

• Mitchell55
        • Feb 2008

Originally posted by ddaryl
        well after last night I am getting more excited about Edwards potential. Last year he had moments, and I saw some things I liked, but by the end of the season I wasn't so rosey towards him...

Last night he looked poised and looked like he saw the field.

that 22 yard scramble for a 1st down was kick ass

He out ran 3 steelers. All LBs. Also, the steelers are known for fast LBs.

Comment

• yordad
          • Dec 2007

So far he is by far the steal. There wasn't much competition in that draft though.
          Last edited by yordad; 08-15-2008, 05:53 PM.
          "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
            we will know in three years.
            By then Trent & 52 other Bills' players will be wearing Super Bowl rings.

Comment

• Mitchell55
              • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Albany,n.y.
              By then Trent & 52 other Bills' players will be wearing Super Bowl rings.

Right on.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                short bus extraordinaire
                • Jul 2002

it's nice to read and all but Edwards has a LONG way to go before he can be considered a steal.
                Originally posted by yordad
                Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Buffalogic
                  Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
                  • Feb 2006

Everyone made a big deal of Trent gaining weight and we only had to wait until the second preseason game to see how beneficial that was to him.

When the blitzing linebacker got past Langston Walker he came with a big windmill and somehow trent hung onto the ball and stayed up until a whistle was blown. Instead of turning the ball over on our own 1 yard line he continued the series and was able to scramble for 22 yards on a 3rd and 12 to keep that scoring drive alive.

That really stood out to me.

Comment

• Dr. Pepper
                    • Apr 2008

as of this point in time, trent is definitely a huge steal for us. how many second year quarterbacks end up starting, let alone those taken after the first two rounds.

Comment

• Typ0
                      honey pie
                      • Jul 2002

he's starting. He's either a steal or our team sucks really bad. I think he's a steal. We're on the right track here. Let's hope we can continue to move forward. Raise the bar boys.

Comment

• trapezeus
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Oct 2004

yeah, he's a steal in comparison to the others on that list. although who knows if those others were on the bills, they'd probably be in similar positions to start for us. and we'd see what they have.

Comment

• djjimkelly
                          • Apr 2003

lol hes played solid last night now everyone wants to HOF him lol

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                            Peterman Sucks!
                            • Mar 2006

Originally posted by trapezeus
                            yeah, he's a steal in comparison to the others on that list. although who knows if those others were on the bills, they'd probably be in similar positions to start for us. and we'd see what they have.
                            Easily the best post in this thread...

Outside of Thigpen and Palmer, I think pretty much everyone else on this list would be in the same position on this team as Trent is now.

Sure some of them wouldn't have looked as good, someone might have looked better...no one knows for sure what is what.

But on performance, playing time and everything included thus far Trent is proving to be the best QB out of the draft class. Which could change in 2 to 3 years, hell even this year. But as of right now this article is spot on.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                              short bus extraordinaire
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by djjimkelly
                              lol hes played solid last night now everyone wants to HOF him lol

name one person who has him penciled in the HOF, FTP. funny how you're the only one to bring it up.
                              Originally posted by yordad
                              Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

Working...
                              X