PDA

View Full Version : Fox calls Trent the biggest steal in draft class.

Mitchell55
08-15-2008, 05:16 PM
<HR style="COLOR: #d1d1e1; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8...QB-draft-class (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8451686/Updating-the-2007-QB-draft-class)
JaMarcus Russell, Oakland/Round one (No. 1 pick): Russell missed all of the 2007 preseason in a contract holdout and it showed, as he wasn't ready to start until the season's final game. Russell should make significant strides this season, especially with running back Darren McFadden and wide receiver Javon Walker now in the offensive mix.

Brady Quinn, Cleveland/Round one (22): If not for the unexpected emergence of Derek Anderson in 2007, Quinn would probably be starting by now. Instead, he's mired as Anderson's backup for at least the 2008 campaign.

Kevin Kolb, Philadelphia/Round two (36): The Eagles remain committed to Donovan McNabb for at least another season, but Kolb is making progress by passing A.J. Feeley on Philadelphia's depth chart.

John Beck, Miami/Round two (40): Beck's four NFL starts last season were the second-highest total among rookie quarterbacks, but his future is now dim. Beck has fallen so far out of favor with Miami's new coaching staff that he probably won't make the team's regular-season roster.

Drew Stanton, Detroit/Round two (43): Stanton (knee) spent his entire rookie season on injured reserve. He is competing with Dan Orlovsky for the backup spot behind starter Jon Kitna.

Trent Edwards, Buffalo/Round three (92): Edwards is proving the biggest steal of his draft class. He showed so much promise in his seven starts last season that the Bills are keeping Edwards in that spot ahead of 2004 first-round pick J.P. Losman.

Jeff Rowe, Cincinnati/Round 5 (151): Rowe is competing with fellow 2007 draft choice Jordan Palmer for a roster spot as Cincinnati's third-string quarterback.

Troy Smith, Baltimore/Round 5 (174): One of college football's top quarterbacks in 2006, Smith's draft stock plummeted following a rough end to his senior year. Smith has rebounded and may beat out Kyle Boller as Baltimore's starter entering the season, although 2008 first-round pick Joe Flacco is still considered the team's quarterback of the future.

Jordan Palmer, Washington/Round 6 (205): Palmer didn't stick with the Redskins, but he now has the chance to make the same roster as his older brother Carson in Cincinnati.

Tyler Thigpen, Minnesota/Round 7 (217): The Vikings may ultimately regret having cut Thigpen at the end of the 2007 preseason. Thigpen was claimed off waivers by Kansas City, where he is competing with veteran Damon Huard for a backup role behind Brodie Croyle.

Ebenezer
08-15-2008, 05:30 PM
we will know in three years.

ddaryl
08-15-2008, 05:32 PM
well after last night I am getting more excited about Edwards potential. Last year he had moments, and I saw some things I liked, but by the end of the season I wasn't so rosey towards him...

Last night he looked poised and looked like he saw the field.

that 22 yard scramble for a 1st down was kick ass

Mitchell55
08-15-2008, 05:33 PM
well after last night I am getting more excited about Edwards potential. Last year he had moments, and I saw some things I liked, but by the end of the season I wasn't so rosey towards him...

He out ran 3 steelers. All LBs. Also, the steelers are known for fast LBs.

yordad
08-15-2008, 05:36 PM
So far he is by far the steal. There wasn't much competition in that draft though.

Albany,n.y.
08-15-2008, 05:50 PM
we will know in three years.
By then Trent & 52 other Bills' players will be wearing Super Bowl rings.

Mitchell55
08-15-2008, 05:52 PM
By then Trent & 52 other Bills' players will be wearing Super Bowl rings.

Right on.

SABURZFAN
08-15-2008, 06:00 PM
it's nice to read and all but Edwards has a LONG way to go before he can be considered a steal.

Buffalogic
08-15-2008, 06:13 PM
Everyone made a big deal of Trent gaining weight and we only had to wait until the second preseason game to see how beneficial that was to him.

When the blitzing linebacker got past Langston Walker he came with a big windmill and somehow trent hung onto the ball and stayed up until a whistle was blown. Instead of turning the ball over on our own 1 yard line he continued the series and was able to scramble for 22 yards on a 3rd and 12 to keep that scoring drive alive.

That really stood out to me.

Dr. Pepper
08-15-2008, 06:34 PM
as of this point in time, trent is definitely a huge steal for us. how many second year quarterbacks end up starting, let alone those taken after the first two rounds.

Typ0
08-15-2008, 07:39 PM
he's starting. He's either a steal or our team sucks really bad. I think he's a steal. We're on the right track here. Let's hope we can continue to move forward. Raise the bar boys.

trapezeus
08-15-2008, 08:56 PM
yeah, he's a steal in comparison to the others on that list. although who knows if those others were on the bills, they'd probably be in similar positions to start for us. and we'd see what they have.

djjimkelly
08-15-2008, 09:00 PM
lol hes played solid last night now everyone wants to HOF him lol

Mr. Pink
08-15-2008, 09:02 PM
yeah, he's a steal in comparison to the others on that list. although who knows if those others were on the bills, they'd probably be in similar positions to start for us. and we'd see what they have.

Easily the best post in this thread...

Outside of Thigpen and Palmer, I think pretty much everyone else on this list would be in the same position on this team as Trent is now.

Sure some of them wouldn't have looked as good, someone might have looked better...no one knows for sure what is what.

But on performance, playing time and everything included thus far Trent is proving to be the best QB out of the draft class. Which could change in 2 to 3 years, hell even this year. But as of right now this article is spot on.

SABURZFAN
08-15-2008, 09:03 PM

name one person who has him penciled in the HOF, FTP. funny how you're the only one to bring it up.

Mr. Pink
08-15-2008, 09:10 PM
name one person who has him penciled in the HOF, FTP. funny how you're the only one to bring it up.

yet who was the person leading the JP is God march last week because JP played well against backups?

mayotm
08-15-2008, 09:30 PM
lol hes played solid last night now everyone wants to HOF him lolNot sure he'll ever make it to the HOF, but he's certainly closer than your boy will ever be.

HHURRICANE
08-15-2008, 09:36 PM

Are you such a JP homer that you actually want Edwards to do poorly?

You forget that there were plenty of JP fans, me being one of them, that lost their faith in him for one reason: He played poorly.

Unless you are JP, or a family member, than move on already.

Nobody used HOF.

mayotm
08-15-2008, 09:40 PM

You forget that there were plenty of JP fans, me being one of them, that lost their faith in him for one reason: He played poorly.

Nobody used HOF.That pretty much sums it up. I too was a huge JP supporter. Coming off 2006, I really expected JP to take the next step. Unfortunately, it didn't happen. This is now Trent's team and hopefully we finally have a long term solution at QB. However, unlike some of you, my first allegiance is with the Bills, not one of the QB's. If JP has to play at some point during the season, I will cheer my ass off that he does well. I simply want the Bills to win and end the playoff drought.

SABURZFAN
08-15-2008, 09:51 PM

Nobody used HOF.

yes he does, along with a few other Lickers.

nobody's ever said that he was smart. i bet he sports a pink hockey helmet.

you forgot to include lover in there.

you're right. he's a nobody.

TigerJ
08-15-2008, 11:13 PM
brady Quinn may have awesome talent, but nobody is going to know for at least another year. Nobody else among that list of QBs in the 2007 draft looks like they can hold a candle to Edwards, but we still don't know what Edwards' career will actually be. He could level off and turn out to be only a pretty good QB, or he could be a great one. It's going to be a while before we know.

Mitchell55
08-15-2008, 11:45 PM
brady Quinn may have awesome talent, but nobody is going to know for at least another year. Nobody else among that list of QBs in the 2007 draft looks like they can hold a candle to Edwards, but we still don't know what Edwards' career will actually be. He could level off and turn out to be only a pretty good QB, or he could be a great one. It's going to be a while before we know.

Cant wait to here the top 10 steals of all time.

Number 5 on top draft steals. Bills select Trent Edwards. Then they will say something like Detroit wanting him and they were mad when we got him.

Feels so good to dream.

njsue
08-16-2008, 01:22 AM

He is a play making QB. :snicker:

mybills
08-16-2008, 06:58 AM
Thigpen is still a funny name. :snicker:

acehole
08-16-2008, 08:50 AM

my feelings ecactly...

lordofgun
08-16-2008, 09:08 AM
I agree with FOX!!