PDA

View Full Version : Mike Lombardi on McKelvin and Lynch

Ickybaluky
08-15-2008, 06:14 PM
Lombardi was very impressed by McKelvin's return ability:

Leodis McKelvin did it again. And like I said last week, the Bills already have two great returners, but now, they clearly have three. Wow, McKelvin was great on his return. He ran a misdirection return using great patience to let the blocking set and then hit it with great speed. Every Special Teams coach in the NFL is marveling at that one.

... and Lynch's pass protection:

I was really impressed with Buffalo RB Marshawn Lynch’s ability to pass protect last night, he was strong and he was firm.

LINK (http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/2008/08/the-national-football-post-tavern-talk-4/)

Buffalogic
08-15-2008, 06:22 PM
Yup. Both were impressive. Lynch really is a phenominal all around back like I haven't seen in a long time.

ZacGriffi~82
08-15-2008, 07:09 PM
I believe it was on Edwards first TD that Lynch completely shut down the blitzer one on one.

OpIv37
08-15-2008, 07:25 PM
I believe it was on Edwards first TD that Lynch completely shut down the blitzer one on one.

I forgot to mention it in my previous post but I saw that too. The blitzer came flying in and Lynch just stopped him in his tracks. It was such a good block that I thought it was the FB until they showed the replay.

PECKERWOOD
08-15-2008, 08:07 PM
I forgot to mention it in my previous post but I saw that too. The blitzer came flying in and Lynch just stopped him in his tracks. It was such a good block that I thought it was the FB until they showed the replay.

Holy shiot, this is a first! What is this Op, a positive post?!! :evil:

OpIv37
08-15-2008, 08:30 PM
Holy shiot, this is a first! What is this Op, a positive post?!! :evil:

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=158219

I only ***** when the team gives me a reason to. Last night, well it wasn't perfect but no team ever is- the good far outweighed the bad, so why *****?

PECKERWOOD
08-16-2008, 12:21 AM
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=158219

I only ***** when the team gives me a reason to. Last night, well it wasn't perfect but no team ever is- the good far outweighed the bad, so why *****?

2x in a row! :posrep:

If we get a 3rd one hell might freeze over!

patmoran2006
08-16-2008, 07:34 AM
Lynch is starting to look a lot like Marion Barber to me, and that's a compliment.

-Brandon-
08-16-2008, 09:23 AM
Lynch is slowly becoming my favourite player.

jmb1099
08-16-2008, 09:52 AM
I have watched the highlights a few times now and while I'm not ready to anoint Mckelvin as the next anything, he moves like everyone else is standing still.

Lynch... amazing. If his pass blocking is consistent this year with what he already brings to the table... sick

Oaf
08-16-2008, 12:53 PM
Lynch is a great blocker now. And to think we actually kept him out for Thomas last year on 3rd downs.

ublinkwescore
08-16-2008, 07:19 PM
Lynch is starting to look a lot like Marion Barber to me, and that's a compliment.

Most (make that all I should say) people at my work who give me crap for being a Bills fan all say they will take Lynch over M. Barber in their fantasy drafts.

JerseyBoofaloBills
08-16-2008, 11:16 PM
Most (make that all I should say) people at my work who give me crap for being a Bills fan all say they will take Lynch over M. Barber in their fantasy drafts.

only because Felix Jones was taken in the first round by the cowboys..so felix has to be getting some carries in a game, where as lynch will be getting a butt-load of carries in a game.