PDA

View Full Version : Madden 09

PECKERWOOD
08-15-2008, 08:18 PM
...................... is brilliant.

The Bills are a VERY fun team to play with.. Especially if you've made adjustments!! ( Traded Derek Fine and a 2nd to Chicago for Olsen. Traded our 1st plus Josh Reed to Detroit for Roy Williams.) I'm playing well on defense, I've shut them down the past 3 games but my offense has only scored 7 points each win. I really need to work on my offense, but Hardy has so far outplayed both Lee and Roy at the wideout position. Hardy is impossible to cover 1 on 1 especially on drag or post routes. Lynch has been my workhorse and I try to play action off of him. 09 is superior to 08 by FAR!! I totally hated 08 because of the relatively ******ed AI. ( WR's automatically would run out of bounce immediately after catching the ball on screen plays or posts on the sidelines. Gang tackling was impossible on defense.. If you tried tackling with 2 defenders at once, one of them would simply bounce off the carrier without having any effect on the play. ) <- For the most part they fixed all of that. Definitely worth the 65$ I spent.

VeggieMan14
08-15-2008, 08:23 PM

The Bills are a VERY fun team to play with.. Especially if you've made adjustments!! ( Traded Derek Fine and a 2nd to Chicago for Olsen. Traded our 1st plus Josh Reed to Detroit for Roy Williams.) I'm playing well on defense, I've shut them down the past 3 games but my offense has only scored 7 points each win. I really need to work on my offense, but Hardy has so far outplayed both Lee and Roy at the wideout position. Hardy is impossible to cover 1 on 1 especially on drag or post routes. Lynch has been my workhorse and I try to play action off of him. 09 is superior to 08 by FAR!! I totally hated 08 because of the relatively ******ed AI. ( WR's automatically would run out of bounce immediately after catching the ball on screen plays or posts on the sidelines. Gang tackling was impossible on defense.. If you tried tackling with 2 defenders at once, one of them would simply bounce off the carrier without having any effect on the play. ) <- For the most part they fixed all of that. Definitely worth the 65$ I spent. its amazing i went 15 and 1 and won the super bowl but every game was actually difficult and came down to the last minute. it was also cool cuz when you play the dolphins the second time they actually have you play in rogers centre although i hate the idea of the whole toronto thing that was pretty cool. o and james hardy is a beast on that game

Mitchell55
08-16-2008, 12:23 AM

The Bills are a VERY fun team to play with.. Especially if you've made adjustments!! ( Traded Derek Fine and a 2nd to Chicago for Olsen. Traded our 1st plus Josh Reed to Detroit for Roy Williams.) I'm playing well on defense, I've shut them down the past 3 games but my offense has only scored 7 points each win. I really need to work on my offense, but Hardy has so far outplayed both Lee and Roy at the wideout position. Hardy is impossible to cover 1 on 1 especially on drag or post routes. Lynch has been my workhorse and I try to play action off of him. 09 is superior to 08 by FAR!! I totally hated 08 because of the relatively ******ed AI. ( WR's automatically would run out of bounce immediately after catching the ball on screen plays or posts on the sidelines. Gang tackling was impossible on defense.. If you tried tackling with 2 defenders at once, one of them would simply bounce off the carrier without having any effect on the play. ) <- For the most part they fixed all of that. Definitely worth the 65$ I spent.

Its the best game ever. The 2 thing I dont like though are the fact that even when to dont try to do a fade away pass, it does it. I also had to create Edwards, Lynch, Hardy, Evans, Mitchell, and Walker again because none looked right. Hardy looked horrible, Evans was as dark as moss, Walker was black, Lynch didnt look right, and Mitchell didnt have long hair, and Edwards looked bad. If you want me to tell you the face which is best, I can. Also, for Hardy I used calvin johnson and changed his name. They are both 6-5 and look exactly the same. I used Polamalu for Mitchell and changed him to LB because hes the only lighter player with long hair.

Mitchell55
08-16-2008, 12:24 AM
its amazing i went 15 and 1 and won the super bowl but every game was actually difficult and came down to the last minute. it was also cool cuz when you play the dolphins the second time they actually have you play in rogers centre although i hate the idea of the whole toronto thing that was pretty cool. o and james hardy is a beast on that game

Do you play in rodgers center in the pittsburgh game to?

Mitchell55
08-16-2008, 12:33 AM

I actually have to play like buffalo. I run it alot and pass alot of short passes and dump offs to TEs and RBs. On D I blitz alot though and play only man to man. Not like buffalo.

BuffaloBills28
08-16-2008, 02:25 AM
I went 11-5 and lost to the Chargers in the AFC Championship on a 53 yard FG in Overtime, A great WR in this game is James Jones from GB (better than evans)

Luisito23
08-16-2008, 07:39 AM
Yeah this game is pretty awesome....I'm in my second season in franchise on all-pro, and I'm currently 2-1...The first I went 8-8 choking on the last two games.....I haven't traded for anyone though and I don't practice before games because I plan to use only Buffalo when I play online, and I want to know as much as them as possible without inflated stats....Reed is actually a pretty good receiver, he barely drops any balls and he runs pretty good routes, Hardy is a beast specially on curls, and Lynch is unstoppable in the red zone...I'll be switching to All-Madden as soon as I win the SB, and then I'll start playing online....Oh and I agree that it's a great game BF, no doubt about it!....:beers:

VeggieMan14
08-16-2008, 09:10 AM
Do you play in rodgers center in the pittsburgh game to? idk i never play preseason games but the dolphins game was in the rogers centre so it was pretty cool i hope after 5 years they dont make you transfer your team

JerseyBoofaloBills
08-16-2008, 09:12 AM

ya i have yet to get it..im picking it up today though..do you have it for 360? or ps3? also, i heard it doesnt matter like what difficulty you start at, like rookie pro all-pro all-madden...i heard you have like a certain IQ in the game, is that true?

VeggieMan14
08-16-2008, 09:16 AM
ya i have yet to get it..im picking it up today though..do you have it for 360? or ps3? also, i heard it doesnt matter like what difficulty you start at, like rookie pro all-pro all-madden...i heard you have like a certain IQ in the game, is that true? yea and as you play it gets harder or easier in certain areas depending on how you play during the game

JerseyBoofaloBills
08-16-2008, 09:17 AM
yea and as you play it gets harder or easier in certain areas depending on how you play during the game

Ya like run defense an pass defense right? thats sick as hell.

VeggieMan14
08-16-2008, 09:20 AM
Ya like run defense an pass defense right? thats sick as hell. run d pass d run o and pass o yea and its actually somewhat of a challenge to play the computer. another cool thing is that when you play a rival the game makes it harder just like in real life so you have close games wih ppl in your division

JerseyBoofaloBills
08-16-2008, 09:22 AM
run d pass d run o and pass o yea and its actually somewhat of a challenge to play the computer. another cool thing is that when you play a rival the game makes it harder just like in real life so you have close games wih ppl in your division

That is soo sick..why cant my friends just wake up now so we can go get it!!
geez i hate waiting.

VeggieMan14
08-16-2008, 09:25 AM
That is soo sick..why cant my friends just wake up now so we can go get it!!
geez i hate waiting. yea its definately worth it

JerseyBoofaloBills
08-16-2008, 09:28 AM
yea its definately worth it

sweet, thanks bro.

Bling
08-16-2008, 10:09 AM
:rofl: Only in Madden can the Bills trade for Roy Williams and Greg Olsen. I'd love to see you beast it out with Rob Royal and Roscoe Parrish. Do it the challenging way.

baalworship
08-16-2008, 10:12 AM
Traded 1st and 2nd for Nick Mangold of the Jets so I could bench Fowler...he sucks as bad in Madden as he does in real life.

Bling
08-16-2008, 10:17 AM
Traded 1st and 2nd for Nick Mangold of the Jets so I could bench Fowler...he sucks as bad in Madden as he does in real life.

:rofl:

HHURRICANE
08-16-2008, 10:20 AM
I have a PS and an X-box.

Always played Madden on the PS.

Which is better??

I was going to buy it this weekend but was wondering which system to buy it for.

losman420
08-16-2008, 10:35 AM
Yeah this game is pretty awesome....I'm in my second season in franchise on all-pro, and I'm currently 2-1...The first I went 8-8 choking on the last two games.....I haven't traded for anyone though and I don't practice before games because I plan to use only Buffalo when I play online, and I want to know as much as them as possible without inflated stats....Reed is actually a pretty good receiver, he barely drops any balls and he runs pretty good routes, Hardy is a beast specially on curls, and Lynch is unstoppable in the red zone...I'll be switching to All-Madden as soon as I win the SB, and then I'll start playing online....Oh and I agree that it's a great game BF, no doubt about it!....:beers:Dude hardy is a Beast man, I know what you mean, I hit him on curl routes all the time, he leads my team in catches yards and TD's. Great target.

losman420
08-16-2008, 10:37 AM
I have a PS and an X-box.

Always played Madden on the PS.

Which is better??

I was going to buy it this weekend but was wondering which system to buy it for.I havn't layed the ps3 version, but the xbox version is awesome. I talked to a couple people who wern't all that impressed with the ps3 version's graphics.

feelthepain
08-16-2008, 11:11 AM
I think the game sucks, Olinemen that are faster then WR's and RB's, the fact that someone can be blocked and suddely they are unblocked and running full speed. DB's that can run all the way across the field, jump in the air, intercept the ball while your WR simple continues on his route never making a effort to catch the ball or at least prevent the int. The graphics are even worse then in years past, wtach a replay of the QB throwing the ball and the ball is flipping all around and not even in the QB's hand as he throws it. There is just so much wrong with this game and for the 20th anniversery issue you'd think they would try just a little to not make the computer teams faster stronger smarter and just 100% unrealistic as hell. For the life of me I can't understand why the Dlinemen can run so fast for the computer, but the human players tun like they're stuck in mud. I've had the game 2 days and I'm ready to break the damn thing.

losman420
08-16-2008, 11:15 AM
I think the game sucks, Olinemen that are faster then WR's and RB's, the fact that someone can be blocked and suddely they are unblocked and running full speed. DB's that car run all the way across the field jump in the air intercept the ball while your WR simple continues on his route never making a effort to catch the ball or at least prevent the int. The graphics are even worse then in years past, wtach a replay of the QB throwing the ball and the ball is flipping all around and not even in the QB's hand as he throws it. There is just so much wrong with this game and for the 20th anniversery issue you'd think they would try just a little to not make the computer teams faster stronger smarter and just 100% unrealistic as hell. I'm ready to brake the damn game and I've had it 2 days.Just out of curiousity what system do you have?

feelthepain
08-16-2008, 11:18 AM
I havn't layed the ps3 version, but the xbox version is awesome. I talked to a couple people who wern't all that impressed with the ps3 version's graphics.

I watched a video the other day from the makers of the madden and they said their R&D (research and development) swore the game looked better on the PS3 and they for the first time liked the game better on the PS3, I think it sucks.

PS3, I'm frikin pissed, I swear the ESPN 05 was so much better then any madden, their grahipcs were smoother and more realistic. I'm so sick of Madden, how the hell can anyone play this game and think, OK the 300 lb Linemen just caught LT from behind and think that's ever on any planet going to be relistic? Yet it will happen almost every time. You'll have to blockers running towards a hole and suddenly they turn 90% and avoid the oncoming tacklers and you get pounded. When in real football do you evver see two blockers simultaneously trun at the exact same time and go the other way just as they are about to block a player? Never, yet I've seen that exact same thing happen over and over.

losman420
08-16-2008, 11:21 AM
I watched a video the other day from the makers of the madden and they said their R&D (research and development) swore the game looked better on the PS3 and they for the first time liked the game better on the PS3, I think it sucks.Thats what I have heard.

PECKERWOOD
08-16-2008, 12:19 PM
ya i have yet to get it..im picking it up today though..do you have it for 360? or ps3? also, i heard it doesnt matter like what difficulty you start at, like rookie pro all-pro all-madden...i heard you have like a certain IQ in the game, is that true?

True, I'm rated 600 IQ for now.. My run offense, pass defense and rush defense are all rated at all-madden but my pass offense is barely all-pro. I just started playing it alot yesterday, about to go play some more! :D

Oaf
08-16-2008, 12:46 PM
is it 360? I'll give you 40 for it shipped.

Mitchell55
08-16-2008, 01:18 PM
I had a game against the jets where I was killed. I rematched and on the 1st play, I hit Hardy and he broke 2 tackles immediatley and ran like 50 yards for the TD.

VeggieMan14
08-16-2008, 01:27 PM
True, I'm rated 600 IQ for now.. My run offense, pass defense and rush defense are all rated at all-madden but my pass offense is barely all-pro. I just started playing it alot yesterday, about to go play some more! :D ooo i got ya 635