PDA

View Full Version : Thursday night I realized...

lordofgun
08-15-2008, 11:13 PM
...that even if the Bills moved to Toronto permanently, I would probably still cheer for them just as hard as I do now.

Once the game began, I didn't even realize they were playing in Canada. It's kind of sad for me to say that because I love the Buffalo area, and I never thought I'd feel this way.

I think the only thing that might change the way I feel is if they were no longer the "Bills" and completely changed their nickname, unis, and logos.

yordad
08-15-2008, 11:39 PM
My money is staying here. If they go, they are gone. I think I would just friggin move South.

Mitchell55
08-15-2008, 11:40 PM
...that even if the Bills moved to Toronto permanently, I would probably still cheer for them just as hard as I do now.

Once the game began, I didn't even realize they were playing in Canada. It's kind of sad for me to say that because I love the Buffalo area, and I never thought I'd feel this way.

I think the only thing that might change the way I feel is if they were no longer the "Bills" and completely changed their nickname, unis, and logos.

I hope if they move to toronto, they will still be called the buffalo bills. Like what NYG and NYJ do. We are only a few miles from buffalo. I hope we also play in a open stadium. It seemed like arena football thursday.

Crisis
08-15-2008, 11:46 PM
I hope if they move to toronto, they will still be called the buffalo bills. Like what NYG and NYJ do. We are only a few miles from buffalo. I hope we also play in a open stadium. It seemed like arena football thursday.

umm, the giants and jets play in a suburb of NYC, like how the bills play in orchard park...

toronto is not a suburb of buffalo lol...no chance they move to toronto and still call them buffalo. not only does it not make sense its just stupid.

Mitchell55
08-15-2008, 11:47 PM
umm, the giants and jets play in a suburb of NYC, like how the bills play in orchard park...

toronto is not a suburb of buffalo lol...no chance they move to toronto and still call them buffalo. not only does it not make sense its just stupid.

There goes that idea.

Mr. Pink
08-15-2008, 11:53 PM

Since when is New Jersey a suburb of NYC?

Crisis
08-15-2008, 11:56 PM
since i said so

whats the distance between giants stadium and downtown NYC compared to the ralph and downtown buffalo

Mr. Pink
08-16-2008, 12:02 AM
since i said so

whats the distance between giants stadium and downtown NYC compared to the ralph and downtown buffalo

Actually, East Rutherford, NJ is closer to NYC than Orchard Park to Buffalo...

But still it's a different state.

Sadly it wouldn't surprise me if the commute time from here to Toronto is about the same as NYC to East Rutherford.

Crisis
08-16-2008, 12:04 AM
since when is suburb limited to being in the same state

RingofFire
08-16-2008, 12:06 AM
NJ is not a suburb of NYC.

Mitchell55
08-16-2008, 12:06 AM
since i said so

Double post.

Mitchell55
08-16-2008, 12:09 AM
since i said so

NYJ to NY is 10 miles. Buffalo to toronto is 93 miles. So you have a valid point. But, some parts of buffalo are only 20 miles and some parts of Jersey to NY are 120 miles.

Crisis
08-16-2008, 12:27 AM
NYJ to NY is 10 miles. Buffalo to toronto is 93 miles. So you have a valid point. But, some parts of buffalo are only 20 miles and some parts of Jersey to NY are 120 miles.

what

Crisis
08-16-2008, 12:30 AM
NJ is not a suburb of NYC.

i'll take your word for it stamps

i still consider it a suburb though

Mitchell55
08-16-2008, 12:31 AM

what

Sorry. Read what you wrote wrong.

Michael82
08-16-2008, 12:45 AM
If they move to Toronto, there's no way they will be keeping the name, logo, uniforms and history of the Buffalo Bills. Book it!!! Buffalo will fight it and keep it all just like Cleveland did.

RingofFire
08-16-2008, 12:49 AM
They aren't going anywhere!!!!!!

Night Train
08-16-2008, 05:23 AM

They would be dead to me if they moved anywhere. Even Toronto.

Nighthawk
08-16-2008, 06:42 AM

Sorry, but I don't think you would. You didn't feel any different Thursday because you still knew the team was the "Buffalo" Bills. If that changed, I'd find it hard to believe that anybody from Buffalo would cheer for them as hard.

mybills
Second time this morning I agree with NT 100%.

I was not happy at all just seeing that stupid sign someone was holding in the audience.
"Toronto go Bills" :ill:

Pride
They move to toronto... I become a Browns fan the same day.

mybills
08-16-2008, 06:44 AM
If they move to Toronto, my #2 team Giants become my #1 team.

Michael82
08-16-2008, 07:52 AM
They move to toronto... I become a Browns fan the same day.
Agreed. I would root for the Browns too, but only occasionally and would mainly hate the NFL because I would blame them for letting Toronto or any other market steal our team. :mad:

lordofgun
08-16-2008, 08:03 AM
Sorry, but I don't think you would. You didn't feel any different Thursday because you still knew the team was the "Buffalo" Bills. If that changed, I'd find it hard to believe that anybody from Buffalo would cheer for them as hard.
You might be right, man! Hopefully we'll never have to find out.

BAM
08-16-2008, 08:10 AM
As long as they kept the name "Bills", I'd definitely still root for them! If they change it, I'm an instant Steelers fan.

Nighthawk
08-17-2008, 12:35 PM
As long as they kept the name "Bills", I'd definitely still root for them! If they change it, I'm an instant Steelers fan.

They'd never keep the name and the unis would have to change because a buffalo on the helmet would make no sense in Toronto.

Mitchy moo
08-17-2008, 01:37 PM
They aren't going anywhere, because jimbo said so. The toronto games are designed to bring canadian money into a WNY based franchise, they'll help fill the future stadium near the downtown.

ublinkwescore
08-17-2008, 01:44 PM
They would be dead to me if they moved anywhere. Even Toronto.

This may uspet some of you guys, but I wouldn't be as pissed if they ended up in L.A. regardless of team name/logo changes.

paladin warrior
08-17-2008, 02:56 PM
They aren't going anywhere!!!!!!yup I agree with u.. :bow:

paladin warrior
08-17-2008, 02:59 PM
NY jets
NE
Fish
Buffalo Bills

They all in same east side.. Buffalo Bills cant take out of the lead east side..Because must have 4 teams on the east side

Historian
08-17-2008, 04:06 PM
I thought the patches on the jersies were a real slap in the face.

We haven't celebrated anything since that ill-fated 1994 season.

They skipped 40 and 45, and I think the Chiefs celebrated both.

HHURRICANE
08-17-2008, 06:48 PM

I think if the Bills regionalize into Canada and keep the Bills uni and everything the same. Tradition, records, etc. than I would remain a fan.

HHURRICANE
08-17-2008, 06:51 PM
If the US dollar gets stronger this move will never happen. Hope that NO goes to LA and the Bills stay with a strong canadian base.

mikemac2001
08-17-2008, 06:51 PM
Don't know if i could watch football the same way....

ajsdx
08-17-2008, 07:36 PM
They'd never keep the name and the unis would have to change because a buffalo on the helmet would make no sense in Toronto.

I agree with you that if the Bills moved the logo and name would also change, but not because it wouldn't make sense. The Utah Jazz? The Los Angeles Lakers?

JerseyBoofaloBills
08-17-2008, 07:36 PM
Ya i dont really know what i'd do if they did..I live in jersey, hate the eagles, giants, jets..i dont think i could root for another team ya know? I love the buffalo bills, i dont really have a second favorite team..i dont think i could root for a team the same as i do for the bills...

Typ0
08-18-2008, 09:47 PM
if you think there aren't large portions of NJ that are suburbs of NYC you don't know much about NYC.

THATHURMANATOR
08-18-2008, 10:14 PM

I would hate them with all my heart

I think there would be a good chance the city retains the Bills name for when we never get another team.

THATHURMANATOR
08-18-2008, 10:16 PM
See I would just give up the NFL all together and focus on Hockey and baseball

THATHURMANATOR
08-18-2008, 10:18 PM
I don't get how you could not care about this.

For example I am a huge Yankees fan and if the team up and moved to any other city(Yes I know this is imossible) I would no longer follow that team. A team to me is about tradition, fans, loyalty, all of which is lost if a team up and moves.

lordofgun
08-18-2008, 10:35 PM
I'm done talking about this, thurm. :mad:

tatersalad
08-18-2008, 11:28 PM
Hell they could end up in San Antonio, I left buffalo and if the bills leave I will still be a fan

VeggieMan14
08-18-2008, 11:30 PM
Hell they could end up in San Antonio, I left buffalo and if the bills leave I will still be a fanidk if it will be the same tho. toronto bills isnt very catchy

THATHURMANATOR
08-19-2008, 07:34 AM
I'm done talking about this, thurm. :mad:
Good because it was REDICULOUS!

THATHURMANATOR
08-19-2008, 07:35 AM
Hell they could end up in San Antonio, I left buffalo and if the bills leave I will still be a fan
They wouldn't be the Bills anymore man. Don't you understand this? They would be the San Antonio Mustangs or something stupid like that.