PDA

View Full Version : Sorry if someone already posted about this..

mybills
08-16-2008, 06:50 AM
I noticed that Trent didn't hit his receivers and t-ends in motion. They all stopped and turned to catch the ball, including the experienced Lee Evans. Is this the only way Trent can get it to them, or is it the way the plays/routes are designed. And if they are designed that way, then why did JP hit Hardy in motion? Do they design them different per QB? I don't want this to be about a QB debate, but rather about plays/routes/coaching. I would really like to see Trent hit them in motion..I find that more exciting to watch. :idunno:

pintonick96
08-16-2008, 11:29 AM
he was picking apart their defense more. He threw it to where they could catch it instead of trying to throw it where they would catch it in stride bc it would get picked off. That's just how the Steelers secondary was playing us.

Novacane
08-16-2008, 11:34 AM
I don't want this to be about a QB debate, but rather about plays/routes/coaching:

Hard to believe when you are known to prefer JP over Trent and you post this before saying you don't want this to be about a QB debate

Is this the only way Trent can get it to them, or is it the way the plays/routes are designed. And if they are designed that way, then why did JP hit Hardy in motion?

mayotm
08-16-2008, 11:43 AM
I noticed that Trent didn't hit his receivers and t-ends in motion. They all stopped and turned to catch the ball, including the experienced Lee Evans. Is this the only way Trent can get it to them, or is it the way the plays/routes are designed. And if they are designed that way, then why did JP hit Hardy in motion? Do they design them different per QB? I don't want this to be about a QB debate, but rather about plays/routes/coaching. I would really like to see Trent hit them in motion..I find that more exciting to watch. :idunno:No offense, but this a ridiculous post. Edwards was just about perfect against the Steelers. Two possessions against their starters and two TD passes. What more could you possibly want? Not to mention that Edwards did hit Royal in stride for the second TD. He also hit Parrish in stride for an earlier completion. Anybody finding fault in that performance is just looking for something.

Novacane
08-16-2008, 11:48 AM
No offense, but this a ridiculous post. Edwards was just about perfect against the Steelers. Two possessions against their starters and two TD passes. What more could you possibly want? Not to mention, that Edwards did hit Royal in stride for the second TD. He also hit Parrish in stride for an earlier completion. Anybody finding fault in that performance is just looking for something.

Amen! ........and ridiculous is being kind

HHURRICANE
08-16-2008, 11:59 AM
Edwards beard was cut to 1/4 inch.

I find this weird when JP's beard was already at 1" length. It's obvious that JP's beard has a head start.

Draw your own conclusions but it's obvious that JP has the approval of the front office on who has the better beard.

trapezeus
08-16-2008, 12:35 PM
in the spirit of HH's "don't bash other poster's or their opinions" thread, i'll just say this, both QB's probably take what is being given. if jp started perhaps the defenses he saw would have lent his throws to be comeback routes. either way, the bills seemed to move the ball and move it in good chunks against the steelers.

gonzo1105
08-16-2008, 01:30 PM
I noticed that Trent didn't hit his receivers and t-ends in motion. They all stopped and turned to catch the ball, including the experienced Lee Evans. Is this the only way Trent can get it to them, or is it the way the plays/routes are designed. And if they are designed that way, then why did JP hit Hardy in motion? Do they design them different per QB? I don't want this to be about a QB debate, but rather about plays/routes/coaching. I would really like to see Trent hit them in motion..I find that more exciting to watch. :idunno:

Its a legit question for a person that mostly watches college or high school football because at those levels WR's and TE's are taught to run out their routes as most of the routes are designed to be decoy and primary receivers. I'm not saying that this isn't the case in the NFL but at times they have to adjust routes...

For example lets say the the offense is trying to run a slant route.....If the defense is in a base cover 3 defense that means that the LB's are usually associated with covering the flats or the sideline areas up to about 8-12 yards ..meaning that LBs are vacating their normal area allowing the slant pattern to be an easy quick catch across the middle....If you go to a cover 2 that means now the cbs have the flats and the Lbs have a hook to curl area which means they are dropping deepers and then sitting in their areas....This allows a slant pattern to be more difficult to accomplish...that means for a WR to get open they will have to sit down in the gap between the CB and the LB for a completion..

It probably was based off a playing a 3-4 defense last night....Granted the Steelers play mostly a cover 3 defense but they also have another LB who sits in the middle of the field...This makes the WR's have to sit down more in the field instead of running while they do their routes. This is why Hardy was hit on the run because it was man coverage on the outside and Hardy just had to beat his man for the TD

Final assessment it was due to the design of plays, how the WR's are taught to read defenses, and the defensive positioning of the opponent, and not because Trent Edwards can't hit a WR on the run and i'd just like to not that both of Edwards TD passes were to WR's on the move....Royal was runnign a seam route and then Royal on the 2nd was running an out route and edwards hit him in stride.

Cntrygal
08-16-2008, 02:12 PM
Congratulations Pintonick and gonzo!!

For taking the time to seriously answer a question and not bash any fellow posters or start some insane qb argument ..... 5000 zb's to you both.

Thanks for answering!! :10:

Since I didn't get to see the game I was interested in reading the answer to the question.

mybills
08-16-2008, 04:05 PM
he was picking apart their defense more. He threw it to where they could catch it instead of trying to throw it where they would catch it in stride bc it would get picked off. That's just how the Steelers secondary was playing us.
Thanks. So you don't think our coaches design them per QB. I was really curious about that, because it does seem that way sometimes.

mybills
08-16-2008, 04:10 PM
Its a legit question for a person that mostly watches college or high school football because at those levels WR's and TE's are taught to run out their routes as most of the routes are designed to be decoy and primary receivers. I'm not saying that this isn't the case in the NFL but at times they have to adjust routes...

For example lets say the the offense is trying to run a slant route.....If the defense is in a base cover 3 defense that means that the LB's are usually associated with covering the flats or the sideline areas up to about 8-12 yards ..meaning that LBs are vacating their normal area allowing the slant pattern to be an easy quick catch across the middle....If you go to a cover 2 that means now the cbs have the flats and the Lbs have a hook to curl area which means they are dropping deepers and then sitting in their areas....This allows a slant pattern to be more difficult to accomplish...that means for a WR to get open they will have to sit down in the gap between the CB and the LB for a completion..

It probably was based off a playing a 3-4 defense last night....Granted the Steelers play mostly a cover 3 defense but they also have another LB who sits in the middle of the field...This makes the WR's have to sit down more in the field instead of running while they do their routes. This is why Hardy was hit on the run because it was man coverage on the outside and Hardy just had to beat his man for the TD

Final assessment it was due to the design of plays, how the WR's are taught to read defenses, and the defensive positioning of the opponent, and not because Trent Edwards can't hit a WR on the run and i'd just like to not that both of Edwards TD passes were to WR's on the move....Royal was runnign a seam route and then Royal on the 2nd was running an out route and edwards hit him in stride.
Thank you..I don't watch H.S. or College football, but this does explain a lot!