• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

My Two Negatives from Thursday

Only really have two that I think our worth discussing.

1- I don't think anybody is stepping up with consistency in the race for the nickel corner spot. From what I've seen, and this could certainly change, but I think Will James will start week at the nickel spot, and will eventually be replaced by McKelvin, who I've been told is getting better.

2- I really think Langston Walker at Left Tackle is a disaster waiting to happen.
    He looked pretty good in run blocking, but keep in mind that was only over a quarter. The way Harrison flew by him for a sack on Edwards worries me greatly. TO Walker's credit, he knows he's not a left tackle and is doing his best to help the team. I just don't think we're going to like the results if he ends up there this season.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • Dr. Lecter
    Zero for Zero!
    • Mar 2003

Re: My Two Negatives from Thursday

I disagree on Will James. I don't think he makes the team.

From what I have seen, Corner and Youboty have played better and McKelvin ain't going anywhere.

I could see Whitner playing the nickel and Wilson or Scott coming in at safety in those situations.

I think we all know Walker is not a LT. He actually played very, save for one (very) bad play. Unfortanetly unless Bell hits his potential in two weeks or the dumbass reports, he is the Bills best option.
    Originally posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• mayotm
      • Jul 2003

Originally posted by patmoran2006
      Only really have two that I think our worth discussing.

1- I don't think anybody is stepping up with consistency in the race for the nickel corner spot. From what I've seen, and this could certainly change, but I think Will James will start week at the nickel spot, and will eventually be replaced by McKelvin, who I've been told is getting better.

2- I really think Langston Walker at Left Tackle is a disaster waiting to happen.
      He looked pretty good in run blocking, but keep in mind that was only over a quarter. The way Harrison flew by him for a sack on Edwards worries me greatly. TO Walker's credit, he knows he's not a left tackle and is doing his best to help the team. I just don't think we're going to like the results if he ends up there this season.
      Good thing Walker plays right tackle. Peters will be the LT on September 7th. Now, if Peters gets hurt, we may have an issue at LT. Although I do think Walker could be serviceable in a pinch.

Comment

• patmoran2006
        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
        • Dec 2005

I think Bell is a beneficiary of this Peters stuff, as well (obviously) as the Murphy injury.

I thought he would be headed towards the practice squad; but now I'd be shocked if he didn't make the 53-man roster.

Comment

• patmoran2006
          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
          • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
          I disagree on Will James. I don't think he makes the team.

From what I have seen, Corner and Youboty have played better and McKelvin ain't going anywhere.

I could see Whitner playing the nickel and Wilson or Scott coming in at safety in those situations.

I think we all know Walker is not a LT. He actually played very, save for one (very) bad play. Unfortanetly unless Bell hits his potential in two weeks or the dumbass reports, he is the Bills best option.
          I'd be extremely surprised if James didn't make the team.

After our starters, he's the only CB with experience. McKelvin and Corner are rookies and may not be ready for the nickel role early on, and we've seen how shaky Youboty can be.

The only way I see James getting cut is if McKelvin shows the coaches enough in the next two weeks that he's ready to be team nickel corner starting from week one.

Comment

• patmoran2006
            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
            • Dec 2005

The million dollar question may be if the Bills plan on keeping 5 corners or 6.

They'll probably keep 5 safeties (Simpson, WHitner, WIlson, Wendling, Scott).

6 CB's would give them 11 DBs on the roster.

I dunno.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
              Zero for Zero!
              • Mar 2003

And I don't see 11 DBs.

Youboty has looked better than James. While agree that makes thereserves young, I am not sure Jauron cares.
              Originally posted by mysticsoto
              Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                • Jul 2005

I'd be extremely surprised if James didn't make the team.

After our starters, he's the only CB with experience. McKelvin and Corner are rookies and may not be ready for the nickel role early on, and we've seen how shaky Youboty can be.

The only way I see James getting cut is if McKelvin shows the coaches enough in the next two weeks that he's ready to be team nickel corner starting from week one.
                Agree 100%. McGee, Greer, McKelvin are clearly not going anywhere. From his performance thus far, I can't imagine that Reggie Corner is either. That leaves Youboty and James vying for the 5th spot (assuming they only keep 5). Unless Youboty really pulls it together, I think he's gotta be the odd man out--in a tie, James' experience has got to give him the edge in a secondary that already has plenty of youth.
                Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• yordad
                  • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Saratoga Slim
                  Agree 100%. McGee, Greer, McKelvin are clearly not going anywhere. From his performance thus far, I can't imagine that Reggie Corner is either. That leaves Youboty and James vying for the 5th spot (assuming they only keep 5). Unless Youboty really pulls it together, I think he's gotta be the odd man out--in a tie, James' experience has got to give him the edge in a secondary that already has plenty of youth.
                  I think if it a tie, we go with Youboty based on his youth.
                  "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Oaf
                    Do you read what you write?
                    • Jun 2007

I think Walker has played excellent at LT. Has held up in pass protection and has fired off and blocked well on the run. Edwards honestly took a step or two too far back in that drop and the DE came all the way around to get him. A mistake, but he's still our 2nd best option there by a long shot.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                      • Mar 2005

I think Bell is a beneficiary of this Peters stuff, as well (obviously) as the Murphy injury.

I thought he would be headed towards the practice squad; but now I'd be shocked if he didn't make the 53-man roster.
                      I think bell has a better chance of getting Peters into camp than Walker or Chambers.

Bell actually looks like he can play!!

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                        • Mar 2005

I made a point to praise Walker because he's stepped up nicely and has been a good pick up for this team.

However, I 100% agree that it will be a disaster if we play any games that count with Walker manning the left side.

He's not athletic enough to play LT and I'm sure he'd be the first to admit it!!

Comment

Working...
                        X