PDA

View Full Version : To all Billszone posters!!!

HHURRICANE
08-16-2008, 11:06 AM
I'm a little sick and tired of the personal attacks.

We are all fans on this board wether you think the Bills are going 2-14 or winning the Superbowl. Wether you think it's Losman or JP.

I like the debate and difference of opinions but you guys have to use some restraint. We have some younger posters on here and it might be nice to set a little better example.

This site is for entertainment so if you are so into making your point that you have to disparage another poster than get a life.

I've been here over 4 years and this is the first time I have ever posted a thread like this. I love the site and most of you on here. Let's just try and set a better example.

yordad
08-16-2008, 11:07 AM
Right on. And, it is usually the same people, over and over.

Al the Bills Fan
08-16-2008, 11:10 AM
AMEN

lordofgun
08-16-2008, 11:12 AM
agreed! :up:

Yasgur's Farm
08-16-2008, 11:14 AM
Thanks HH! That needed saying.

yordad
08-16-2008, 11:16 AM
Thanks HH! That needed saying.I personally would like to see some action taken against whoever negged you like that. I am sure they have been warned before.

LtFinFan66
08-16-2008, 11:18 AM
report them if it is indeed a personal attack. Not agreeing with you is not a personal attack. Name calling most likely is

Novacane
08-16-2008, 11:20 AM
I love the site and most of you on here. .

:limp:

Yasgur's Farm
08-16-2008, 11:21 AM
I just let the mods decide.

LtFinFan66
08-16-2008, 11:22 AM
I just let the mods decide.You have to remember that the Mods don't read every little post

HHURRICANE
08-16-2008, 11:26 AM

I'm steeped in gayness.

Novacane
08-16-2008, 11:28 AM
I personally would like to see some action taken against whoever negged you like that. I am sure they have been warned before.

When did getting personal in a rep become against the TOS?

Yasgur's Farm
08-16-2008, 11:35 AM
When did getting personal in a rep become against the TOS?Why wouldn't it be against the TOS?

TacklingDummy
08-16-2008, 11:36 AM
:spam:

Novacane
08-16-2008, 11:38 AM
Why wouldn't it be against the TOS?

I've had a certain unnamed mod call me an a##h##e in rep so I'm assuming it's ok to do so.

Novacane
08-16-2008, 11:39 AM
:spam:

It's cerainly not Bills related :up:

lordofgun
08-16-2008, 11:39 AM
Whatever, *******. :snicker:

Novacane
08-16-2008, 11:44 AM
Proud of it :D

bigbub2352
08-16-2008, 11:58 AM
gotta remember HH, this is the way for alot of the people who never played the game get to state very wrong responses to very obvious football knowledge so when u challenge certain insecure posters it hurts there feelings

yordad
08-16-2008, 12:01 PM
Proud of it :DIn that case, compliments are not against the TOS. :lol:

HHURRICANE
08-16-2008, 12:02 PM
gotta remember HH, this is the way for alot of the people who never played the game get to state very wrong responses to very obvious football knowledge so when u challenge certain insecure posters it hurts there feelings

It's posters like you that we want to keep posting!! You are the guys that bring value to the site!!

trapezeus
08-16-2008, 12:18 PM
Wether you think it's Losman or JP.

the debate is normally over trent or JP, HHurricane :-)

Scumbag College
08-16-2008, 12:23 PM
There's no place for personal attacks here, except if you attack an ******* or someone who disagrees with you.

J/K, be nice!

Don't Panic
08-16-2008, 12:47 PM

Yeah, he kind of showed his hand with that one, didn't he! Just kidding HH... great post!

SquishDaFish
08-16-2008, 01:04 PM
:clap:

HHURRICANE
08-16-2008, 02:03 PM

OMG!! That's hilarious. I think everyone knew what I meant.

yordad
08-16-2008, 02:14 PM
Someone gave this a 1 star? I wonder if it was a well known personal attacker? Hmmm.

Anyways, I'm going to give ya a five to try and make up for it.

shelby
08-16-2008, 02:57 PM
Just for the record, we don't moderate rep comments as a rule unless a poster complains about them.

Thanks HH, i couldn't have said it better myself.

yordad
08-16-2008, 02:58 PM
OMG!! That's hilarious. I think everyone knew what I meant.I new what you meant. I had to read it like three times to figure out what they meant. :lol:

Bling
08-16-2008, 03:04 PM
:snicker: Novacane

northernbillfan
08-16-2008, 03:34 PM
It's nice to see someone other than a staffer posting a thread like this.

acehole
08-16-2008, 03:43 PM
Well ok as long as it is losmen or JP we will get along...

:band:

We are all fans on this board wether you think the Bills are going 2-14 or winning the Superbowl. Wether you think it's Losman or JP.

I like the debate and difference of opinions but you guys have to use some restraint. We have some younger posters on here and it might be nice to set a little better example.

This site is for entertainment so if you are so into making your point that you have to disparage another poster than get a life.

I've been here over 4 years and this is the first time I have ever posted a thread like this. I love the site and most of you on here. Let's just try and set a better example.

acehole
08-16-2008, 03:46 PM
Our starter is Trent end of story.

JP back up end of story.

JP not as bad as people say and Trent not as good as people say.

This is the way it is until further notice.

I am ok with that....

I still think saber is a douch but I dont think I am alone there..

:)

RingofFire
08-16-2008, 03:46 PM
sounds like a stupid thread

Edited for TOS violations. Please keep the language clean...nbf

TigerJ
08-16-2008, 06:37 PM
Other than a rare little dig, in an effort to be witty, I never say anything negative about anyone. I don't get a lot of negative comments either. If I do, I generally ignore them, or at most, if I really think a negative rep is unwarranted, I'll look for an appropriate spot to neg rep that person back.

Mr. Pink
08-16-2008, 06:49 PM
So when are you homo's gonna start kissing and hugging each other?

Novacane
08-16-2008, 08:42 PM
I'm still trying to figure out why anyone would care what people put in a rep comment.

Mr. Pink
08-16-2008, 08:55 PM
I'm still trying to figure out why anyone would care what people put in a rep comment.

Because some people have something up their ***. I won't mention names but if you've paid enough attention lately to what's been going, one member in particular has complained about neg reps and people falsely signing them.

I personally continue to neg him while signing his own name because he whined like a little *****.

:rofl:

Mitchell55
08-16-2008, 09:02 PM

I dont like losman or JP. Also, I made this same exact thread 2 weeks ago.

RingofFire
08-17-2008, 01:28 AM
People need to have tougher skin. Man up. This is a message boarddddddddd. Listen look how fat or ugly people feel everyday when society rips them apart and judges them. It is a board. Have a whatever, i can give 2 ****s what you think of me attitude. :idunno: Stop caring what people think so much!

THATHURMANATOR
08-17-2008, 02:27 AM
Crybabies

RingofFire
08-17-2008, 02:30 AM
Crybabies
Trent in 08

yordad
08-17-2008, 02:55 AM
I'm still trying to figure out why anyone would care what people put in a rep comment.I, like some others, respect myself too much to let anyone disrespect me a manor I wouldn't do to another. People who go around disrespecting people at every chance shouldn't post. If they are unhappy with them selves and their lives, that doesn't give them the right to try and bring others down.

People shouldn't have to take insults, whether they can or not, they shouldn't have to.

If someone calls me an "X", do I think I'm an "X"? Or do I think, "I shouldn't have to take you calling me an 'X'"? What if someone came to your door and called you an "X"? Would you take it and like it? How would you sleep if someone called you an "X" in front of you wife and kids?

I feel how you act when you think no one is watching is what you truly are. If people want to insult people all day under the cloak on internet anonymity, then they are probably a douche. Then what are you if you take it?

Honestly, you can go right ahead and be the kind that wont mind it. I ain't. I will try to fix it for my fellow posters.

Jan Reimers
08-17-2008, 06:46 AM
Good thread, HH. I've said it before, that this forum should be used for discussing Bills' football in some sort of civil and adult manner. There are other forums that are better suited to name calling and juvenile behavior.

mybills
08-17-2008, 07:20 AM
I lmao when someone called me a JP lover yesterday. They must've missed all my posts saying I like both QB's.
The worst thing I ever said about Trent is he's an ugly chimp looking dude.
The best thing I ever said about JP is he's friggin' HOT looking! :naughty:

Meathead
08-17-2008, 07:29 AM
i agree with the whiny *****

X-Era
08-17-2008, 09:31 AM

Absolutely!

And if we know who the "characters" are that do it, they can be stopped.

X-Era
08-17-2008, 09:41 AM
I, like some others, respect myself too much to let anyone disrespect me a manor I wouldn't do to another. People who go around disrespecting people at every chance shouldn't post. If they are unhappy with them selves and their lives, that doesn't give them the right to try and bring others down.

People shouldn't have to take insults, whether they can or not, they shouldn't have to.

If someone calls me an "X", do I think I'm an "X"? Or do I think, "I shouldn't have to take you calling me an 'X'"? What if someone came to your door and called you an "X"? Would you take it and like it? How would you sleep if someone called you an "X" in front of you wife and kids?

I feel how you act when you think no one is watching is what you truly are. If people want to insult people all day under the cloak on internet anonymity, then they are probably a douche. Then what are you if you take it?

Honestly, you can go right ahead and be the kind that wont mind it. I ain't. I will try to fix it for my fellow posters.

Im with you on the thrust of your post, but not your method of handling it.

As wimpy as it may seem, Id rather go the reporting route to the MOD's to get them warned or even banned.

We have police and should use them.

When we get into battles defending ourselves what do we hope to accomplish? Save face to someone we have never met and probably never will? Why?

This isnt that dissimilar to any other social setting, you will always have people that you dont like that much, but usually a group that you do, and the others you simply talk with from time to time.

I think its just a matter of talking with those people you like and minimizing contact with those that you dont.

I also think its critical to remember that everyone is respected here. I know I respect the opinion of every single person. And I have probably disagreed with every single person at least once.

You really get what you give here. And I promise you that heading down the road of bash fests with anyone just pisses off people who arent a part of it and makes more enemies than friends.

I find you always win when you just walk away or refuse to respond anymore. It isnt worth it.

Mr. Pink
08-17-2008, 09:45 AM
Lets all sit around the campfire and sing kumbaya...

Wouldn't that be special?

X-Era
08-17-2008, 09:47 AM
People need to have tougher skin. Man up. This is a message boarddddddddd. Listen look how fat or ugly people feel everyday when society rips them apart and judges them. It is a board. Have a whatever, i can give 2 ****s what you think of me attitude. :idunno: Stop caring what people think so much!

Thats no excuse for letting a very well moderated board go to crap.

This boards strength is its diversity of opinion, bullys can squelch that and need to be stomped on.

Yes, thicker skin helps.

But, quality moderation keeps the board clean... we are lucky to have that here.

X-Era
08-17-2008, 09:48 AM
Lets all sit around the campfire and sing kumbaya...

Wouldn't that be special?

Or we can let the clowns go off to AOL where they can get their bitterness out properly with other 14 year olds.

Mr. Pink
08-17-2008, 09:50 AM
But, quality moderation keeps the board clean... we are lucky to have that here.

I have to interject...

If we had "that" we wouldn't have threads like this one, now would we?

JMHO

X-Era
08-17-2008, 09:52 AM
I have to interject...

JMHO

Actually, I have been on other boards and found that we are honestly the best Ive seen as far as that goes.

I think sometimes we will have some stuff still happen. But luckily the majority of posters step up and work to squelch it.

Mr. Pink
08-17-2008, 09:54 AM
Or we can let the clowns go off to AOL where they can get their bitterness out properly with other 14 year olds.

Or we all could just grow up and instead of focusing on the negative, brushing it aside.

Who's worse the taunter or the guy who won't let it go?

Haven't you figured out a person's mentality yet?

If I know I'm getting to you, I'm gonna continue to aggravate you and push that button. However, if it doesn't bother you or work then I'm gonna move on to the next guy.

So again, I ask, which is worse...Me making a mockery of this thread, which it is a complete joke or people like yordad still *****ing and moaning about rep comments?

If you just let it go, it goes away. Pure and simple.

Then again, people love beating a dead horse around here on everything.

X-Era
08-17-2008, 10:09 AM
Or we all could just grow up and instead of focusing on the negative, brushing it aside.

Who's worse the taunter or the guy who won't let it go?

Haven't you figured out a person's mentality yet?

If I know I'm getting to you, I'm gonna continue to aggravate you and push that button. However, if it doesn't bother you or work then I'm gonna move on to the next guy.

So again, I ask, which is worse...Me making a mockery of this thread, which it is a complete joke or people like yordad still *****ing and moaning about rep comments?

If you just let it go, it goes away. Pure and simple.

Then again, people love beating a dead horse around here on everything.

Id rather everyone feel free to post without the haunting of retribution.

Your opinion on this thread is noted, I happen to disagree.

Furthermore, people who continue to push buttons need to get a real life or more importantly get help with whatever ails them. Its unbelievably juvenile to get-your-rocks-off by poking at others. As I said before, there are more appropriate teeny bopper boards for that.

Personally, Id rather keep the rhetoric on high ground, full of substance, and empty of nastiness.

Do we really need to be picking at people we have never met and probably never will? Does that give us some sense of well being? makes us feel better about ourselves? You want to say this thread is silly, people picking at other posters for the fun of it is TRULY silly.

It doesnt matter, the TOS is there, the MOD"s do their job well, so posters here have the protection they need to post freely without fear of personal attack.

I hope it stays that way, its a Bills Football message board, not a Yahoo chat.

HHURRICANE
08-17-2008, 10:25 AM
Id rather everyone feel free to post without the haunting of retribution.

Your opinion on this thread is noted, I happen to disagree.

Furthermore, people who continue to push buttons need to get a real life or more importantly get help with whatever ails them. Its unbelievably juvenile to get-your-rocks-off by poking at others. As I said before, there are more appropriate teeny bopper boards for that.

Personally, Id rather keep the rhetoric on high ground, full of substance, and empty of nastiness.

Do we really need to be picking at people we have never met and probably never will? Does that give us some sense of well being? makes us feel better about ourselves? You want to say this thread is silly, people picking at other posters for the fun of it is TRULY silly.

It doesnt matter, the TOS is there, the MOD"s do their job well, so posters here have the protection they need to post freely without fear of personal attack.

I hope it stays that way, its a Bills Football message board, not a Yahoo chat.

Great post. I have thick skin and I know you do as well. That's not the point.

Free speech is great as long as it's not at the expense of others. If we discourage others from posting by bullying them off the board than why have a Bills message board?

I have noticed the treatment of others, some that are new to the board, that is unacceptable. I have supported this board for almost 5 years now and I recommend this site.

I just hired a new guy, in Buffalo, and told him about this site. It would be nice if we stick with the Bills and not try to rip people into submission.

yordad
08-17-2008, 11:12 AM
Im with you on the thrust of your post, but not your method of handling it.

As wimpy as it may seem, Id rather go the reporting route to the MOD's to get them warned or even banned.

We have police and should use them.

When we get into battles defending ourselves what do we hope to accomplish? Save face to someone we have never met and probably never will? Why?

This isnt that dissimilar to any other social setting, you will always have people that you dont like that much, but usually a group that you do, and the others you simply talk with from time to time.

I think its just a matter of talking with those people you like and minimizing contact with those that you dont.

I also think its critical to remember that everyone is respected here. I know I respect the opinion of every single person. And I have probably disagreed with every single person at least once.

You really get what you give here. And I promise you that heading down the road of bash fests with anyone just pisses off people who arent a part of it and makes more enemies than friends.

I find you always win when you just walk away or refuse to respond anymore. It isnt worth it.I am not advocating a bash fest. I have used the channels. But, sometimes I check to see if there really are repercussions.

Bling
08-17-2008, 12:32 PM
I don't think the mods and admins care one bit. They combined to send me into neg oblivion. Devin, Dozerdog, Gunzlingr (former mod) with their unlimited neg power sent me into -5000 land once. I had to dig myself out. If I'm going to get reprecussions for negging someone, how about we take away their admin and mod tags for a month?

See how silly this is? Get over it. You're 40 year-old men whinning about rep. If you don't like it, don't scroll down to USER CP past "Subscribed threads".

LtFinFan66
08-17-2008, 12:42 PM
I have to interject...

JMHOIf people overreact we still would. Mods can't read ever post of ever thread so if personal attacks aren't reported we can't address the issue

RingofFire
08-17-2008, 01:27 PM
Who cares about rep!!!!! It's a message board!

yordad
08-17-2008, 01:42 PM
You can neg someone without calling them a flaming homo. It is easy, and it goes like this...

"I disagree"

Neg rep isn't the problem. I like the feature. Making it personal is the problem.

Novacane
08-17-2008, 03:52 PM
I, like some others, respect myself too much to let anyone disrespect me a manor I wouldn't do to another. People who go around disrespecting people at every chance shouldn't post. If they are unhappy with them selves and their lives, that doesn't give them the right to try and bring others down.

omg If I disrespect someone on a message board I must be unhappy with my life??? :rolleyes: OK Dr. Phil.

If I don't care about someone I don't care what they think or say about me. If you feel you need to live your life getting even with everyone who wrongs you more power to ya. I've got better things to do with my time ;)

Novacane
08-17-2008, 03:57 PM

You must be really bitter and unhappy with life :snicker:

yordad
08-17-2008, 04:01 PM
omg If I disrespect someone on a message board I must be unhappy with my life??? :rolleyes: OK Dr. Phil.

If I don't care about someone I don't care what they think or say about me. If you feel you need to live your life getting even with everyone who wrongs you more power to ya. I've got better things to do with my time ;)My guess is who you are on a message board is who you are in life. Putting someone down, or being purposely insulting for no reason, is a classic symptom not liking yourself.

I never said I had revenge in mind.

And while we are at it, how do you know I am not a psychologist?

yordad
08-17-2008, 04:03 PM
You must be really bitter and unhappy with life :snicker:Another classic example. Glad you noticed.

Novacane
08-17-2008, 04:06 PM

Need to qualify that . Most of them do. Most does not mean all. There are a couple that personal attack often.

Novacane
08-17-2008, 04:11 PM
My guess is who you are on a message board is who you are in life. Putting someone down, or being purposely insulting for no reason, is a classic symptom not liking yourself.

I never said I had revenge in mind.

And while we are at it, how do you know I am not a psychologist?

I don't know. Are you?

If you don't call it revenge what do you call what you suggested in the earlier post?

Novacane
08-17-2008, 04:15 PM
Another classic example. Glad you noticed.

If you wanna say proding and insulting on a message board is immature I'll give ya that. Taking the leap to diagnosing these posters as bitter and unhappy with life is a giant leap considering you know nothing about thier life imo :peace:

yordad
08-17-2008, 04:18 PM
I don't know. Are you?

If you don't call it revenge what do you call what you suggested in the earlier post?Could you be more specific? I would be happy to clarify.

If you wanna say proding and insulting on a message board is immature I'll give ya that. Taking the leap to diagnosing these posters as bitter and unhappy with life is a giant leap considering you know nothing about thier life imo :peace:I know they enjoy insulting people for no reason under the cloak of internet anonymity.

Novacane
08-17-2008, 04:37 PM
Could you be more specific? I would be happy to clarify.
I know they enjoy insulting people for no reason under the cloak of internet anonymity.

After rereading your posts I guess the word revenge was the wrong choice of words. Sorry.

We're just differant personalities. If someone insults me on a message board I simply don't care. I don't know them and likely never will so thier opinion does not matter to me. If you feel the need to seek "justice" thats cool. Just not worth the time to me.

BTW...............I don't think most insults are for "no reason" meaning I don't think people come to the board saying who can I piss off today. I think most insults just come from debates getting to heated.

HHURRICANE
08-17-2008, 06:45 PM
IMO, mods should not be negging anyone unless it's for crossing the line.

Mod=moderator.

If anything they should be giving pos rep to those who contribute and add value.

Shelby is by far the best mod on here and everyone should take a lesson from her. Plus she's cute.

PECKERWOOD
08-17-2008, 06:46 PM
Say what you need to say, say what you need to say, say what you need to say, say what you need to say, say what you need to say, say what you need to say, say what you need to say, say what you need to say, say what you need to say, say what you need to say, say what you need to say, say what you need to say, say what you need to say, say what you need to say, say what you need to say, say what you need to say, say what you need to say, say what you need to say, say what you need to say, say what you need to say, say what you need to say, say what you need to say, say what you need to say, say what you need to say.

Bling
08-18-2008, 12:20 AM
Sign up for the mod monitoring system. For a nice big whine, you can have moderators monitor rep people send you on the internet. Yes, that's right, moderators will monitor what some bozo from Idaho thinks about yor post. yor life is in grave danger if someone hides behind "internet anoymity", and for that reason alone a moderator shall be assigned to watch to make sure no one should insult you. Contact yor nearest mod for details.

Friggin' ridiculous.

X-Era
08-18-2008, 06:28 AM
Sign up for the mod monitoring system. For a nice big whine, you can have moderators monitor rep people send you on the internet. Yes, that's right, moderators will monitor what some bozo from Idaho thinks about yor post. yor life is in grave danger if someone hides behind "internet anoymity", and for that reason alone a moderator shall be assigned to watch to make sure no one should insult you. Contact yor nearest mod for details.

Friggin' ridiculous.

Whats ridiculous is posters who would never have the nards to say anything to your face using a message board to act like punks or tough guys when they would be pounded into a pulp in real life.

Thats just hiding behind your keyboard.

Personally, I could care less what anyone calls me here, its not worth getting angry at children, they are just children.

Truth be known, there is a better board for that kind of stuff, and its a bonafide Bills board. Stadiumwall is notorious for allowing slams and poster bashing. If that kind of stuff feeds your hunger, head on over there.

I see nothing wrong with having at least one decent Bills board on the net.

Thankfully, the punks can be kept in check by moderators.

Always has been that way, always will be that way.

yordad
08-18-2008, 11:46 AM
I, or anyone else, should not have to hear the crap some spew just to talk football.

You wanna spew crap, go to yahoo chat, like all the other teenagers!

yordad
08-18-2008, 11:55 AM
After rereading your posts I guess the word revenge was the wrong choice of words. Sorry.

We're just differant personalities. If someone insults me on a message board I simply don't care. I don't know them and likely never will so thier opinion does not matter to me. If you feel the need to seek "justice" thats cool. Just not worth the time to me.

BTW...............I don't think most insults are for "no reason" meaning I don't think people come to the board saying who can I piss off today. I think most insults just come from debates getting to heated.I take ownership. I have pride. If you won't work to better the boards, I guess I will try and do it for you. I don't think you should be blindly insulted.

I am not talking about the heated discussion insulters. I'm not saying that is right either. What I am concerned about is the people that don't discuss, they just bash and insult. I have posters in mind. See the sig for clarification.

Discussion is great, adding nothing but insults is worthless.

Bling
08-18-2008, 12:15 PM
So what's more important? The neg or the comment? If I left a nasty comment with a :posrep:, would that be cool? Or how about if I left a :negrep: with a blank?

HHURRICANE
08-18-2008, 12:20 PM
So what's more important? The neg or the comment? If I left a nasty comment with a :posrep:, would that be cool? Or how about if I left a :negrep: with a blank?

This stuff is irrelevanet. It's how you call someone a moron 30 times, in different threads, just for the sake of doing it.

yordad
08-18-2008, 02:23 PM
Appearently if you suck life from the board for 55,000 post, that makes it ok? I think it has been approx. 54,000 post too many.

I ain't afraid to say what everyone else is thinking. It doesn't matter if I've posted only twice, I've already seen too many of your post. If I noticed you add nothing, and I noticed it in such a small amount of time, either I am very astute, or your post are all garbage so it was very hard not to notice.

Oh, combine that with your many unwarrented direct insults and there you have it.

THATHURMANATOR
08-18-2008, 02:29 PM
Who has 55,000 posts?

shelby
08-18-2008, 03:26 PM
That's enough with the personal attacks and off topic nonsense.

RingofFire
08-18-2008, 03:28 PM
This thread should be closed.

shelby
08-18-2008, 03:29 PM
i agree. Done.