PDA

View Full Version : I'm glad now that Buffalo didn't sign this guy...

Jeff1220
08-16-2008, 01:20 PM
Demoted Wilford doesn't want to be left in reserve

By Omar Kelly | South Florida Sun-Sentinel
August 16, 2008

Ernest Wilford towers over every cornerback who lines up across from him, yet the Dolphins' 6-foot-4 receiver has been lost in the shadows during training camp.

Wilford is the most experienced of the wideouts, but he has been invisible in an offense desperate for playmakers.

His minimal agility, limited quickness and recent habit of dropping passes during practices have caused the Dolphins' quarterback to shy away from throwing his way, and now he's lost his starting spot to Derek Hagan.
More of the article here... (http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-flspdolphins16sbaug16,0,1780206.story)
:lolpoint: Miami

yordad
08-16-2008, 02:18 PM
LOL, good.

feelthepain
08-16-2008, 03:43 PM
We'll see what happens. I guess all the bad reports about TE should be believed as well?

Dr. Lecter
08-16-2008, 03:44 PM
We'll see what happens. I guess all the bad reports about TE should be believed as well?

1. Has he lost his starting job?
2. Did you see any of the game Thursday night?

feelthepain
08-16-2008, 03:52 PM
1. Has he lost his starting job?
2. Did you see any of the game Thursday night?

Well since it's preseason no one really has a starting job. Infact Tony Sparano had this to say about Wilford,

Later on in the week Sparano singled out Wilford as one of the receivers he's noticed making more plays since Chad Pennington (http://www.sun-sentinel.com/topic/sports/chad-pennington-PESPT008395.topic)'s arrival.

"Ernest has caught the ball the last couple of days and you start to feel him a little bit more," Sparano said on Wednesday.

I watched the game, infact I'm watching it now. However TE had an awful game last week and good game this week he's also had a less then impressive camp. Which is he, awful or good? You seem to think everything the Bills do is great and everything bad they do doesn't exist.

gonzo1105
08-16-2008, 06:07 PM
Well since it's preseason no one really has a starting job. Infact Tony Sparano had this to say about Wilford,

I watched the game, infact I'm watching it now. However TE had an awful game last week and good game this week he's also had a less then impressive camp. Which is he, awful or good? You seem to think everything the Bills do is great and everything bad they do doesn't exist.

maybe he's a gamer speaking of edwards.....he throws some ugly balls in practice but throws a lot of nice ones in games....i would def call edwards a game type qb ...leaves u questioning in practice but leaves no doubt in games that he can take it the next level

TigerJ
08-16-2008, 06:31 PM
I'd much rather have a big receiver with some ability.

feelthepain
08-16-2008, 07:18 PM
maybe he's a gamer speaking of edwards.....he throws some ugly balls in practice but throws a lot of nice ones in games....i would def call edwards a game type qb ...leaves u questioning in practice but leaves no doubt in games that he can take it the next level

Well he didn't look good against the Redskins just last week. He also had quite a few bad games last year. As with any young QB time will tell, he's hardly done anything to prove he's better then any young QB.

yordad
08-16-2008, 07:27 PM
Well he didn't look good against the Redskins just last week. He also had quite a few bad games last year. As with any young QB time will tell, he's hardly done anything to prove he's better then any young QB.When Trent hits #3 on the depth chart, let us know. Derek Hagan? :lol:

CAbills
08-16-2008, 07:37 PM
Well he didn't look good against the Redskins just last week. He also had quite a few bad games last year. As with any young QB time will tell, he's hardly done anything to prove he's better then any young QB.

Last year he was a rookie, how is Beck doing. I mean Dolphin fans are praising the play of...Chad Pennington?!?

Sure he didnt look good against Washington he was 1-5 and in for two short series.

feelthepain
08-16-2008, 07:44 PM
Last year he was a rookie, how is Beck doing. I mean Dolphin fans are praising the play of...Chad Pennington?!?

Sure he didnt look good against Washington he was 1-5 and in for two short series.

Who's prasing Pennington? No one is saying Edwards can't or won't succeed, it'd just too early to know.

feelthepain
08-16-2008, 07:46 PM
When Trent hits #3 on the depth chart, let us know. Derek Hagan? :lol:

With JP:lol: as the only other option Edwards has little competition and the Bills have little choice.

CLo_in_Roch
08-16-2008, 08:09 PM
Thank God Trent and JP have receievers.....

Ted Ginn, Jr

<TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 border=0><TBODY><TR class=stathead align=middle bgColor=#006b79><TD align=left>Stat Overview</TD><TD colSpan=5>Receiving</TD><TD colSpan=5>Rushing</TD><TD colSpan=2>Fumbles</TD></TR><TR class=colhead align=right ?><TD align=left>SPLIT</TD><TD>REC</TD><TD>YDS</TD><TD>AVG</TD><TD>LNG</TD><TD>TD</TD><TD>ATT</TD><TD>YDS</TD><TD>AVG</TD><TD>LNG</TD><TD>TD</TD><TD>FUM</TD><TD>LST</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>2007</TD><TD>34</TD><TD>420</TD><TD>12.4</TD><TD>54</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>0.8</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>Career</TD><TD>34</TD><TD>420</TD><TD>12.4</TD><TD>54</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>0.8</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Tatonka
08-16-2008, 08:22 PM
wilford was a turd at virginia tech. i hated him after he dropped the game winner against miami years ago.. he was so wide open and it was to win the game.. and he runs like a 6.2 in the fourty.

Ed
08-16-2008, 08:45 PM
Who's prasing Pennington? No one is saying Edwards can't or won't succeed, it'd just too early to know.

Right, it is too early to tell which is a little different then Wilfords situation. Edwards is a second year qb. Wilford was one of your bigger FA signings who's been pretty underwhelming the past couple years and is already 29 years old.

I'm glad we didn't get this guy either. I'm a lot more excited about having a guy like Hardy.

feelthepain
08-16-2008, 09:08 PM
Right, it is too early to tell which is a little different then Wilfords situation. Edwards is a second year qb. Wilford was one of your bigger FA signings who's been pretty underwhelming the past couple years and is already 29 years old.

I'm glad we didn't get this guy either. I'm a lot more excited about having a guy like Hardy.

How was he anything? Obviously Jacksonville wasn't thrilled with the guy or he wouldn't have made it to the open market, it's not like we traded for the guy.

Basically he had to win a job, he wasn't just handed the job. I'm not sure why Bill fans try so hard to make things up or view things that make them look good and everyone else look bad.

I don't see much talk about Bess who's gone from an undrafted RFA to the starting lineup, the guy drops nothing. It seems only things negative about the AFC east opponents seem to reamin on the main board posted by the immature, while anything positive about the Dolphins like adding Pennington gets moved.

Dr. Lecter
08-16-2008, 09:17 PM

Not really, I am not 100% sold on Edwards.

But your comparison was off base.

feelthepain
08-16-2008, 09:27 PM
Not really, I am not 100% sold on Edwards.

But your comparison was off base.

Well, everyone has an opinion.

njsue
08-16-2008, 09:28 PM
Looks like his heart is not into the game.

Goobylal
08-16-2008, 11:05 PM
How was he anything? Obviously Jacksonville wasn't thrilled with the guy or he wouldn't have made it to the open market, it's not like we traded for the guy.

Basically he had to win a job, he wasn't just handed the job. I'm not sure why Bill fans try so hard to make things up or view things that make them look good and everyone else look bad.

I don't see much talk about Bess who's gone from an undrafted RFA to the starting lineup, the guy drops nothing. It seems only things negative about the AFC east opponents seem to reamin on the main board posted by the immature, while anything positive about the Dolphins like adding Pennington gets moved.
For starters, obviously Jax didn't like Wilford since they didn't bother re-signing him, and they are desperate for WR's. But the Dols did like him, and gave him a 4-year $13M contract with a $6M signing bonus. And he's not even one of their top-3 WR's now. That was a mistake any way you look at it, even at the time because he wasn't worth near that amount.

As for Bess, he could turn out to be a gem. Or he could be starting by default since Wilford is a disappointment, Hagan is inconsistent, and there is no one else.

Samphin1
08-17-2008, 02:28 AM
Wilford has been putrid in camp so far. The good news is, Derek Hagan seems to have had the light come on, which is a great thing. Ted Ginn has some nice snags in Saturday's ballgame as well and Davone Bess has maybe dropped one ball all training camp.

So while Wilford has screwed the pooch, the young guys seem to be stepping up for Miami.

and Henne looks like the real deal to me. I was never sold on Beck and felt that Miami should have taken Quinn. I think you are going to see a very good QB in Chad Henne down the road.

yordad
08-17-2008, 03:18 AM
With JP:lol: as the only other option Edwards has little competition and the Bills have little choice.This is rapidly turning into smack talk, but Pennington couldn't carry JP's.... injured finger.

LtFinFan66
08-17-2008, 03:57 AM
Oh please:rolleyes:

dplus47
08-17-2008, 03:53 PM
This is rapidly turning into smack talk, but Pennington couldn't carry JP's.... injured finger.

seriously, how can you say this, even in "smack talk?" did JP ever lead a team to the playoffs?

Mitchell55
08-17-2008, 05:55 PM

There havent been more than 3 bad reports about TE. There has been a good 10 good ones though.

Confused
08-17-2008, 05:59 PM
And...... Devin Thomas and malcolm Kelly could'nt show up to camp in shape, and both are hurt. Limas Sweed doesnt look anywhere near as big as Hardy, for being 1 inch shorter and 5 lbs lighter.

Mitchell55
08-17-2008, 06:02 PM
And...... Devin Thomas and malcolm Kelly could'nt show up to camp in shape, and both are hurt. Limas Sweed doesnt look anywhere near as big as Hardy, for being 1 inch shorter and 5 lbs lighter.

Once again. Its the number. Thats why I hate when big recievers where low numbers. Look at Thomas, Kelly, and Sweed. They all look no more than 6-0 out there. For some reason small numbers, make them look less intiminating. Even Moss looked small with 18.

Confused
08-17-2008, 07:51 PM
yer sayin the number on his jersey makes him look smaller!?

Goobylal
08-17-2008, 07:59 PM
yer sayin the number on his jersey makes him look smaller!?
No, the "1X" makes them looks skinny. Kind of like how vertical stripes make you look slimmer and horizontal stripes make you look fat.

yordad
08-17-2008, 10:53 PM
seriously, how can you say this, even in "smack talk?" did JP ever lead a team to the playoffs?Oh, I don't realize Chad was still in his prime and on a solid football team.

dplus47
08-17-2008, 11:11 PM
Oh, I don't realize Chad was still in his prime and on a solid football team.

when does JP reach his prime? are we still handing out points for "potential?"

personally, i don't think the 2006 jets would have sniffed the playoffs without pennington. i pretty much hated the guy 'til then, but i learned a little respect. maybe i'm way out of line here, but i think pennington made that team go.

also, what does "on a solid football team" have to do with your statement about chad carrying JP's "...injured finger?"

LtFinFan66
08-17-2008, 11:14 PM
Oh, I don't realize Chad was still in his prime and on a solid football team.32 is the prime for a QB

Bert102176
08-18-2008, 04:59 AM
like I said the guy sucks and I never wanted him here and am glad the fins signed him

RingofFire
08-18-2008, 03:19 PM
I'm sorry you can't compare JP to Pennington. Chad, with the weaker arm, produced far more due to being a very smart Qb. Chad isn't a stud but he was a good, above avg qb and JP failed miserably in that role.

feelthepain
08-18-2008, 03:36 PM
Oh, I don't realize Chad was still in his prime and on a solid football team.

Chad is 32, he's dead samck in the middle of his prime. He said he completely changed his offseason routine and he believes his arm is stronger this year then it's ever been. He still needs to prove it, but until he fails he's a far better QB then anything in a Bills uni.

gr8slayer
08-18-2008, 03:39 PM
Chad is 32, he's dead samck in the middle of his prime. He said he completely changed his offseason routine and he believes his arm is stronger this year then it's ever been. He still needs to prove it, but until he fails he's a far better QB then anything in a Bills uni.
:roflmao: another classic! You said the same thing about Culpepper, Beck, Fiedler, etc..... you really are the funniest person on the internet; Chad couldn't even beat out Kellen Clemens in NYJ and all the sudden he's one of the best QB's in the league on a 1-15 team? :lmao:

gr8slayer
08-18-2008, 03:41 PM
32 is the prime for a QB
And? In his prime he failed to beat out Clemens. His prime was so great that the Jets felt the need to go out and trade for Favre.

RingofFire
08-18-2008, 03:51 PM

I wouldn't go that far. I said Chad accomplished more over his career than JP. Chad today, is declining. He has been a shadow of former self after the surgeries. He has declined over last 3-4 yrs. No chance i'd prefer Chad Pennington at the helm than Trent TOMMY GUN Edwards. Not a chance. Like I said Chad is a above avg QB, But Trent is far more valuable TODAY.

RingofFire
08-18-2008, 03:52 PM
HE ISN"T IN HIS PRIME. That is delusional.

feelthepain
08-18-2008, 04:36 PM
I wouldn't go that far. I said Chad accomplished more over his career than JP. Chad today, is declining. He has been a shadow of former self after the surgeries. He has declined over last 3-4 yrs. No chance i'd prefer Chad Pennington at the helm than Trent TOMMY GUN Edwards. Not a chance. Like I said Chad is a above avg QB, But Trent is far more valuable TODAY.

Funny how anyone not wearing a Bills uni, is either declining or simply sucks cause Bill fans say so, whatever.

yordad
08-18-2008, 04:45 PM
Funny how anyone not wearing a Bills uni, is either declining or simply sucks cause Bill fans say so, whatever.It is Chad friggin Pennington. 10 days ago you would have called him washed up garbage. I don't care how old he is. He isn't physically what he once was, and what he once was wasn't that good. And, I really don't care what Eddie Robinson will tell ya. :up:

Crisis
08-18-2008, 04:48 PM
lol funny how when chad got released most bills fans said no thanks to chad. the only ones who wanted him was because he can't be any worse than losman backing up edwards.

pennington blows

Goobylal
08-18-2008, 07:36 PM
Funny how anyone not wearing a Bills uni, is either declining or simply sucks cause Bill fans say so, whatever.
Oh, the irony! Or hypocrisy, take your pick.

Tell us again how Stroud was a questionable pickup because the Jags traded him for a reason, yet Pennington isn't a questionable pickup despite getting CUT by his team? And it's not like Pennington has been even as healthy as Stroud these past 3-4 years.

Bling
08-18-2008, 07:51 PM
Yeah. Looking like a horrendous pickup from a team desperate to find a #1 WR.

Moved to NFL Zone..

feelthepain
08-18-2008, 10:16 PM
It is Chad friggin Pennington. 10 days ago you would have called him washed up garbage. I don't care how old he is. He isn't physically what he once was, and what he once was wasn't that good. And, I really don't care what Eddie Robinson will tell ya. :up:

And your proof is where?