I'm glad now that Buffalo didn't sign this guy...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jeff1220
    H to the 12:20
    • Jul 2002

I'm glad now that Buffalo didn't sign this guy...

Demoted Wilford doesn't want to be left in reserve

By Omar Kelly | South Florida Sun-Sentinel
    August 16, 2008

Ernest Wilford towers over every cornerback who lines up across from him, yet the Dolphins' 6-foot-4 receiver has been lost in the shadows during training camp.

Wilford is the most experienced of the wideouts, but he has been invisible in an offense desperate for playmakers.

His minimal agility, limited quickness and recent habit of dropping passes during practices have caused the Dolphins' quarterback to shy away from throwing his way, and now he's lost his starting spot to Derek Hagan.
    More of the article here...
    Miami
  • yordad
    • Dec 2007

Re: I'm glad now that Buffalo didn't sign this guy...

LOL, good.
    "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• feelthepain
      All-Pro Zoner
      • Mar 2005

We'll see what happens. I guess all the bad reports about TE should be believed as well?

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
        Zero for Zero!
        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by feelthepain
        We'll see what happens. I guess all the bad reports about TE should be believed as well?
        1. Has he lost his starting job?
        2. Did you see any of the game Thursday night?
        Originally posted by mysticsoto
        Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• feelthepain
          All-Pro Zoner
          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
          1. Has he lost his starting job?
          2. Did you see any of the game Thursday night?
          Well since it's preseason no one really has a starting job. Infact Tony Sparano had this to say about Wilford,

Later on in the week Sparano singled out Wilford as one of the receivers he's noticed making more plays since Chad Pennington's arrival.

"Ernest has caught the ball the last couple of days and you start to feel him a little bit more," Sparano said on Wednesday.
          I watched the game, infact I'm watching it now. However TE had an awful game last week and good game this week he's also had a less then impressive camp. Which is he, awful or good? You seem to think everything the Bills do is great and everything bad they do doesn't exist.

Comment

• gonzo1105
            • Jul 2002

Well since it's preseason no one really has a starting job. Infact Tony Sparano had this to say about Wilford,

I watched the game, infact I'm watching it now. However TE had an awful game last week and good game this week he's also had a less then impressive camp. Which is he, awful or good? You seem to think everything the Bills do is great and everything bad they do doesn't exist.
            maybe he's a gamer speaking of edwards.....he throws some ugly balls in practice but throws a lot of nice ones in games....i would def call edwards a game type qb ...leaves u questioning in practice but leaves no doubt in games that he can take it the next level

Comment

• TigerJ
              • Jul 2002

I'd much rather have a big receiver with some ability.
              I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• feelthepain
                All-Pro Zoner
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by gonzo1105
                maybe he's a gamer speaking of edwards.....he throws some ugly balls in practice but throws a lot of nice ones in games....i would def call edwards a game type qb ...leaves u questioning in practice but leaves no doubt in games that he can take it the next level

Well he didn't look good against the Redskins just last week. He also had quite a few bad games last year. As with any young QB time will tell, he's hardly done anything to prove he's better then any young QB.

Comment

• yordad
                  • Dec 2007

Well he didn't look good against the Redskins just last week. He also had quite a few bad games last year. As with any young QB time will tell, he's hardly done anything to prove he's better then any young QB.
                  When Trent hits #3 on the depth chart, let us know. Derek Hagan?
                  "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• CAbills
                    • Jul 2004

Last year he was a rookie, how is Beck doing. I mean Dolphin fans are praising the play of...Chad Pennington?!?

Sure he didnt look good against Washington he was 1-5 and in for two short series.
                    Lets Go Buffalo!
                    Boiler Up!

Comment

• feelthepain
                      All-Pro Zoner
                      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by CAbills
                      Last year he was a rookie, how is Beck doing. I mean Dolphin fans are praising the play of...Chad Pennington?!?

Sure he didnt look good against Washington he was 1-5 and in for two short series.
                      Who's prasing Pennington? No one is saying Edwards can't or won't succeed, it'd just too early to know.

Comment

• feelthepain
                        All-Pro Zoner
                        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by yordad
                        When Trent hits #3 on the depth chart, let us know. Derek Hagan?
                        With JP as the only other option Edwards has little competition and the Bills have little choice.

Comment

• CLo_in_Roch
                          • Sep 2005

Thank God Trent and JP have receievers.....

Ted Ginn, Jr

Stat OverviewReceivingRushingFumbles
                          SPLITRECYDSAVGLNGTDATTYDSAVGLNGTDFUMLST
                          Career3442012.4542430.87000
                          Don't cry for me, I'm already dead.

Comment

• Tatonka
                            • Jul 2002

wilford was a turd at virginia tech. i hated him after he dropped the game winner against miami years ago.. he was so wide open and it was to win the game.. and he runs like a 6.2 in the fourty.
                            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Ed
                              Dude
                              • Sep 2002

Who's prasing Pennington? No one is saying Edwards can't or won't succeed, it'd just too early to know.
                              Right, it is too early to tell which is a little different then Wilfords situation. Edwards is a second year qb. Wilford was one of your bigger FA signings who's been pretty underwhelming the past couple years and is already 29 years old.

I'm glad we didn't get this guy either. I'm a lot more excited about having a guy like Hardy.

Comment

Working...
                              X