PDA

View Full Version : Turk Understands The Pass Sets Up Our Running Game

Night Train
08-16-2008, 06:50 PM
I've been saying for a year that we should pass first to set up the run. We don't have the type of OL that gets good push in the running game and should pass first to set up delays/draws to Lynch. Meanwhile our pass protection was a shocking surprise last year. Fairchild wasted this knowledge.

So that 1st drive against Pittsburgh, we go... Pass,Pass,Run,Pass,Run,Run,Pass,Run,Pass. A drive resulting in a TD.

Bravo Turk. :bf1:

Luisito23
08-16-2008, 06:59 PM
I loved his play selections a lot, but I just hope he doesn't grow chicken feathers come the regular season.

PECKERWOOD
08-16-2008, 07:15 PM
I loved his play selections a lot, but I just hope he doesn't grow chicken feathers come the regular season.

Yup, that would make turk a turkey.

lmcshadow
08-16-2008, 10:00 PM
I've been saying for a year that we should pass first to set up the run. We don't have the type of OL that gets good push in the running game and should pass first to set up delays/draws to Lynch. Meanwhile our pass protection was a shocking surprise last year. Fairchild wasted this knowledge.

So that 1st drive against Pittsburgh, we go... Pass,Pass,Run,Pass,Run,Run,Pass,Run,Pass. A drive resulting in a TD.

sounds good to me....:rockon:

LABillsFan
08-16-2008, 10:06 PM
I would like to see the RB's sell the play action a little better. Seems a few times they just kinda went through the motion without really baiting the Dline.

Night Train
08-17-2008, 05:43 AM
I would like to see the RB's sell the play action a little better. Seems a few times they just kinda went through the motion without really baiting the Dline.

100 % correct. I noticed that also and it's an easy correction.

I'm so pleased Lynch is such a good blocker when he stays home on certain pass calls. If you look around the league, you'll realize how few starting RB's are willing to make a good effort at blocking. He really does have the complete game.

acehole
08-17-2008, 07:51 AM
I hated Steve Fairchild like no other.IMO he had no business in the NFL.

I knew where the ball was going before the snap 90% of the time.

The runs were in the same place..no misdirection..

No play action. No audibles. NO creativity.

If you didnt see he was a big reason for our failure on offense you are living under a rock.

I did not know what to expect with Turk.

I thought it would just be addition by subtraction.

He is a walsh disciple and is also looking at it through a former qb's eye's.

Looked like he was barking a lot at camp ...not afriad to yell at the players.

Thurday I have to admit I was suprised....

Did not know where the ball was going...we executed them great.

We had some nice intermediate balls call as well.

Passes to the backs are classic WCO.

Good stuff.

We shall see where it goes.

HHURRICANE
08-17-2008, 10:35 AM

Read this again!!! Great post.

The best OCs are not innovative play designers. They are guys that call the right play at the right time. That simple.