PDA

View Full Version : Are these guys "surprise" cuts?

yordad
08-17-2008, 03:42 PM
Every year the Bills seem to hit us with a surprise cut. I just thought it would be fun to set parameters on what a "surprise" cut is. After all it is a fairly ambiguous term.

Are these guys "surprise" cuts? Should I have added someone else (besides the obvious)?

Edit: Maybe I should have had both Johnsons, but I had Steve in mind. (thanks ML)

And, it is multiple selection poll.

Mitchell55
08-17-2008, 04:01 PM
Every year the Bills seem to hit us with a surprise cut. I just thought it would be fun to set parameters on what a "surprise" cut is. After all it is a fairly ambiguous term.

Are these guys "surprise" cuts? Should I have added someone else (besides the obvious)?

Id say Wilson and Corner would be more of a surprise cut than Losman. Its hard to choose though who is number 1. Heres top 5 and Wilson is my 1.

5. Which Johnson? either would surprise
4. Reed
3. JP
2. Corner
1. Wilson

yordad
08-17-2008, 04:06 PM
Id say Wilson and Corner would be more of a surprise cut than Losman. Its hard to choose though who is number 1. Heres top 5 and Wilson is my 1.

5. Which Johnson? either would surprise
4. Reed
3. JP
2. Corner
1. WilsonI hit the "allow multiple options botton".

Mitchell55
08-17-2008, 04:12 PM
I hit the "allow multiple options botton".

They have one? I never knew that. Well im only able to make 1 vote.

Novacane
08-17-2008, 04:20 PM
JP would be a huge suprise imo. He stinks but he's better than whats behind him.

Bone
08-17-2008, 05:13 PM
I will bet anyone as many ZB's as I have that Wright will not be cut.

It seems every year we have a stud in teh preseason and hes cut and we never hear from him again.

My surprise cut is Steve Johnson

PECKERWOOD
08-17-2008, 05:59 PM
McCargo

The Jokeman
08-17-2008, 10:18 PM
One guy not mentioned much but think could be a surprise cut is Jabari Greer.

Mitchell55
08-17-2008, 10:46 PM

Crazy man. He might even be our best CB. McGee isnt great and Greer is above average. WTF are you talking about?

clumping platelets
08-17-2008, 11:05 PM
McCargo

DrGraves
08-18-2008, 01:35 AM
jp will not be cut. especially considering who would be number 2 if he was.

Crisis
08-18-2008, 01:38 AM
oops, didnt see josh reed till after i voted.

patmoran2006
08-18-2008, 06:54 AM
Just a few quick observations based on the list and some previous comments:

Losman: That's not happening. 64 QB's started games last year and he's our backup. You think the team is ready to put their season in the hands of Hamden or Baker if Edwards goes down?

George Wilson: Is extremely valuable on special teams, especially with Aiken gone. He'll make the team on that alone.

McCargo: Is a possibility, but I don't think so. Who's the 4th DT? Fewell loves rotating tackles. Unless Jefferson beats him out, and I doubt that, he's sticking.

I think the two most "notable" cuts will come at CB and/or WR
Either Will James or YOuboty may go at corner
and if Buffalo keeps only 5 WRs, I'm not sure they use up two practice squad spots at WR, so Steve Johnson could end up going if the Bills like Huggins more.

Dr. Lecter
08-18-2008, 07:04 AM
Steve Johnson a surprise? He was a 7th round pick, it would not be a surprise.

McCargo ain't getting cut.

tampabay25690
08-18-2008, 07:40 AM

WHAT???

yordad
08-18-2008, 07:47 AM
Losman: That's not happening. 64 QB's started games last year and he's our backup. You think the team is ready to put their season in the hands of Hamden or Baker if Edwards goes down?
I agree. But, there has been speculation the Bills might sign one of a dozen vets lying around, or could possible pick someone up after another teams cuts.

Just saying it wouldn't be impossible. "Surprising", but not impossible.

bigbub2352
08-18-2008, 09:26 AM
I think Will James is gone, what has he done since the pads have come on to warrant being on the team, Youboty got beat long it happens, but Wilson was also late gettin over
Dwayne Wright is too slow and runs to high and obvious puts the ball down to much, cut him he is a bust i think, not the power back we invisioned
Those are my 2

Michael82
08-18-2008, 09:31 AM
My shocker is Josh Reed. I think that his back injury is a problem now and they may be concerned about it acting up during the regular season.

bigbub2352
08-18-2008, 10:00 AM
i think if we would have signed another WR< or drafted 1 higher REED would be gone, but i know he has alot of supporters on here, but we can do better and have more talented WR core in the process

Tatonka
08-18-2008, 10:39 AM
no way reed is cut.

yordad
08-18-2008, 11:23 AM
no way reed is cut.They MAY feel his back will never be the same again. :idunno:

The Jokeman
08-18-2008, 06:27 PM
Crazy man. He might even be our best CB. McGee isnt great and Greer is above average. WTF are you talking about?
Just don't be shocked if it happens is all I'm saying.

oak tree 12
08-18-2008, 07:08 PM
come on man get real some of the guys you mention are starters. are we going to even keep 53palyers lol

oak tree 12
08-18-2008, 07:11 PM
They have one? I never knew that. Well im only able to make 1 vote.

there is no way in hell we will cut JP our only veteran QB who has actually played an NFL game come on man. who's goin to be our back hamad you have got to be kidding me.

god forbid trent gets hurt then our season is over no way!!!!!!!!!

yordad
08-18-2008, 08:12 PM
come on man get real some of the guys you mention are starters. are we going to even keep 53palyers lolWrong. Only Barnes assuming Peters returns.

there is no way in hell we will cut JP our only veteran QB who has actually played an NFL game come on man. who's goin to be our back hamad you have got to be kidding me.

god forbid trent gets hurt then our season is over no way!!!!!!!!!My thought on this are posted already, in case you wanted a response.