PDA

View Full Version : What do you think our division record will be

Mitchell55
08-17-2008, 10:43 PM
Thread title

BlackMetalNinja
08-17-2008, 10:49 PM
3-3 seems likely with a split against the Jets. 4-2 possible again though.

Mitchell55
08-17-2008, 10:55 PM
3-3 seems likely with a split against the Jets. 4-2 possible again though.

I sayed 5-1. Jets will have 1 close, 1 blowout. Miami, 2 blowouts. Pats, we have to play when they usually rest there starters.

DrGraves
08-18-2008, 01:28 AM
we will not blow out anyone in our division, not even the fish, we do not have a potent enough offense especially without peters.

Romes
08-18-2008, 01:41 AM
I could see a worst case of 1-5 and a best case 5-1. So I took the middle and said 3-3.

njsue
08-18-2008, 03:17 AM
The power's that be have filled the necessary holes on this bills team to go 5 & 1 in the division. IT'S ABOUT TIME!

Night Train
08-18-2008, 05:23 AM
4-2

gr8slayer
08-18-2008, 06:12 AM
3-3; split with NYJ, sweep Miami, get destroyed by NE twice.

BlackMetalNinja
08-18-2008, 06:44 AM
3-3; split with NYJ, sweep Miami, get destroyed by NE twice.

I already said that... get your own opinion :mad: Actually I think we play NE close one of the two games this season at least.

justasportsfan
08-18-2008, 08:55 AM
7-0.

we sweep the division and beat NE in the playoffs.

Any questions?

Romes
08-18-2008, 09:38 AM
7-0.

we sweep the division and beat NE in the playoffs.

Any questions?

Who's QB for those games?

:jk:

:calm:

justasportsfan
08-18-2008, 09:41 AM
Who's QB for those games?

Gibran " super jihad" Hamdan

HAMMER
08-18-2008, 10:13 AM
4-2, split Jets, split Pats, crush the lowly , stanky Phish

RockStar36
08-18-2008, 10:15 AM
4-2...I don't know the breakdown but I think one win will be against NE.

LtFinFan66
08-18-2008, 10:15 AM
I like your thinking guys......keep thinking that:up:

OpIv37
08-18-2008, 10:31 AM
2-4. Split with the Fish, Split with the Jets, swept by the Pats.

If the Dolphins home game was actually home, I'd say we could sweep the Fish too. But I think the pressure will get to this team.

And as long as the Patriots are playing at this level, we start every season 0-2.

justasportsfan
08-18-2008, 10:35 AM

If the Dolphins home game was actually home, I'd say we could sweep the Fish too. But I think the pressure will get to this team.

And as long as the Patriots are playing at this level, we start every season 0-2.
wait we will beat them at miami but lose to them in TO which in not miami home game too? Your reasoning is flawed.

The pressure surely got to us last thurs against a way better team than MIami. :rolleyes:

Your reasoning is flawed.

HHURRICANE
08-18-2008, 11:02 AM
3-3.

Sweep Miami, Split with the Jets, and get swept by NE.

Beating NE is the key to this team maturing but until it actually happens I will continue to deem it impossible.

OpIv37
08-18-2008, 11:20 AM
wait we will beat them at miami but lose to them in TO which in not miami home game too? Your reasoning is flawed.

The pressure surely got to us last thurs against a way better team than MIami. :rolleyes:

Your reasoning is flawed.

My reasoning isn't flawed. You just misunderstand it. If the Bills-Dolphins game was in Buffalo, it would be just another division game. But it's not- it's in Toronto. All of Canada will be watching, plus if either the Bills or Dolphins turn out to be decent, it will be a national game in the US too. That's too much pressure- much more than we'd have if it was in Buffalo.

As far as Thurs, I thought preseason didn't matter. At least that's what people keep telling me.

LtFinFan66
08-18-2008, 11:23 AM
My reasoning isn't flawed. You just misunderstand it. If the Bills-Dolphins game was in Buffalo, it would be just another division game. But it's not- it's in Toronto. All of Canada will be watching, plus if either the Bills or Dolphins turn out to be decent, it will be a national game in the US too. That's too much pressure- much more than we'd have if it was in Buffalo.

As far as Thurs, I thought preseason didn't matter. At least that's what people keep telling me.preseason only counts when it aids your argument.....get with the program Op

trapezeus
08-18-2008, 11:25 AM
Let me make two of my opinions clear to the BZ board about the division.

1. the bills will beat patriots this year. We're due, the patriots will stumble, and the bills will be playing well.
2. the goalposts are coming down when it happens.

OpIv37
08-18-2008, 11:41 AM
Let me make two of my opinions clear to the BZ board about the division.

1. the bills will beat patriots this year. We're due, the patriots will stumble, and the bills will be playing well.
2. the goalposts are coming down when it happens.

What makes you think the Bills will be playing well? So far, our D struggled with the Redskins and gave up yards to a Pitt offense that's far inferior to the Pats' offense.

What makes you think the Pats will stumble? They only lost Samuel and that WR, and in the past losing players has never hurt them.

Your reasoning as to why the Bills will beat the Pats is very suspect.

BlackMetalNinja
08-18-2008, 11:53 AM
What makes you think the Bills will be playing well? So far, our D struggled with the Redskins and gave up yards to a Pitt offense that's far inferior to the Pats' offense.

What makes you think the Pats will stumble? They only lost Samuel and that WR, and in the past losing players has never hurt them.

Your raining on everybody's parade is also very suspect...

Bling
08-18-2008, 11:54 AM

Exactly my sentiments. Exactly!

trapezeus
08-18-2008, 12:02 PM

because it's the beginning of the year, we haven't beaten them forever, we're due, the patriots have been riding this sham of greatness for 8+ years, i'm ready for change. i'm ready for the pats to fall and for the fun to begin.

The pats are the bills mental stumbling block. Once they get the monkey off their shoulders, it'll be an amazing run.

Mr. Pink
08-18-2008, 12:08 PM
We're gonna go either 2-4 or 3-3 in the division.

Pats 0-2 no explanation needed

We'll split the Jets, Favre will help them pull out a victory in one of the games.

Against the Phins, we'll either take both or split. I'm not sure which will happen yet. I don't know if they'll be overconsumed by playing in Toronto and come out flat much like Op's reservations on that game. I still think we have a shot at winning it though.

OpIv37
08-18-2008, 12:09 PM
Your raining on everybody's parade is also very suspect...

Don't shoot the messenger. It's not my fault that people have opinions without reasons.

I'm not raining on the parade- I'm just making people who are watching the parade aware of the fact that it's raining and the fact that the parade is really just a bunch of cars driving by.

Bling
08-18-2008, 12:11 PM
because it's the beginning of the year, we haven't beaten them forever, we're due, the patriots have been riding this sham of greatness for 8+ years, i'm ready for change. i'm ready for the pats to fall and for the fun to begin.

The pats are the bills mental stumbling block. Once they get the monkey off their shoulders, it'll be an amazing run.

Isn't Miami due then?

OpIv37
08-18-2008, 12:12 PM

I'm ready for the pats to fall too. But so far, I've seen nothing to suggest that it will actually happen. Go back and look at the posts from last year at this time. Numerous people said the Pats would collapse. What happened? They had the greatest regular season in NFL history.

I agree with the last sentence but I just don't see how we have the coaching or the talent to beat the Pats this year.

HHURRICANE
08-18-2008, 12:18 PM
I think the Pats are primed for a let down. But until it happens, and we are the benefactors of it, it's just specualtion at best.

Bling
08-18-2008, 12:30 PM
View Poll Results: What will our division record be
6-0 1 2.94%
Skooby
5-1 5 14.71%
yordad
trapezeus
draz54
justasportsfan
4-2 12 35.29%
BlackMetalNinja
3-3 11 32.35%
HHURRICANE
2-4 5 14.71%
OpIv37
Bling
FunTimesYay!
1-5 0 0%
0-6 0 0%

:rofl:

Mr. Pink
08-18-2008, 12:32 PM
BLINGY!

You're trying to start ish and not adding anything of value to the discussion.

I might take specialdad's advice and put you on my ignore list....

Ok, no, not really. :rofl:

justasportsfan
08-18-2008, 12:37 PM

As far as Thurs, I thought preseason didn't matter. At least that's what people keep telling me.

It's flawed. Who cares if it's in canada or anywhere else?If we can beat them at miami we can beat them anywhere. Just because the entire canadian population will be watching doesn't mean we can't beat them. Who do you think we're playing? PAts?

I brought thurs up because you think it matters. Since I'm talking to you then TO and playing a much better team applies.

Mr. Pink
08-18-2008, 12:38 PM
It's flawed. Who cares if it's in canada or anywhere else?If we can beat them at miami we can beat them anywhere. Just because the entire canadian population will be watching doesn't mean we can't beat them. Who do you think we're playing? PAts?

It's a big game, in a big spotlight.

As of our recent history how well do we fare in those situations?

If not very is what comes to mind, you're right.

OpIv37
08-18-2008, 12:39 PM

You're wrong.

This team can't play when the pressure is on. They proved it in the Dallas, Cleveland and 2nd Patriots game last year. It's not the location- it's the spotlight.

You can say whatever you want, but the point is that this team consistently chokes when it's under the microscope, and the Bills will be under the microscope for that Miami game.

justasportsfan
08-18-2008, 12:40 PM

you should apply your own logic. What makes you think the bills will be playing badlyagainst the fish in TO?

justasportsfan
08-18-2008, 12:40 PM
It's a big game, in a big spotlight.

As of our recent history how well do we fare in those situations?

If not very is what comes to mind, you're right.
we're not playing the PAts or Pitts. We're playing the fish. I don't care if it's spotlight.

justasportsfan
08-18-2008, 12:41 PM
You're wrong.

This team can't play when the pressure is on. They proved it in the Dallas, Cleveland and 2nd Patriots game this year. It's not the location- it's the spotlight.

You can say whatever you want, but the point is that this team consistently chokes when it's under the microscope, and the Bills will be under the microscope for that Miami game.
really? The pressure was on against Pitts last thurs.

It may have choked under the spotlight because our team sucked. Don't think it sucks as much as you think.

OpIv37
08-18-2008, 12:43 PM
you should apply your own logic. What makes you think the bills will be playing badlyagainst the fish in TO?

uhhhh, because they play badly every time they're under the microscope. See above.

gr8slayer
08-18-2008, 12:43 PM

It may have choked under the spotlight because our team sucked. Don't think it sucks as much as you think.
Pressure? In a pre-season game? /sarcasm?

OpIv37
08-18-2008, 12:44 PM

No it wasn't. It was preseason. There's no pressure in preseason.

justasportsfan
uhhhh, because they play badly every time they're under the microscope. See above.
against good teams. Not rebuilding teams.see above

Mr. Pink
we're not playing the PAts or Pitts. We're playing the fish. I don't care if it's spotlight.

You're right it's not the Pittsburgh 2nd and 3rd strngers, it's not the Pats, it's not the Cowboys, it's not the Browns in a blizzard....

But the one constant in all of them is the game is in fact a big game, no matter how you wanna slice it, and is in the spotlight.

Unfortunately we haven't figured out a way to turn up our game a notch in those situations yet.

justasportsfan
08-18-2008, 12:45 PM
No it wasn't. It was preseason. There's no pressure in preseason.
haha! There was pressure for the first team to get going.

justasportsfan
08-18-2008, 12:46 PM
You're right it's not the Pittsburgh 2nd and 3rd strngers, it's not the Pats, it's not the Cowboys, it's not the Browns in a blizzard....

But the one constant in all of them is the game is in fact a big game, no matter how you wanna slice it, and is in the spotlight.

Unfortunately we haven't figured out a way to turn up our game a notch in those situations yet.
again, we sucked then. We're not playing the PAts.

Should be really interesting to revisit this thread and laugh at you guys who threw in the flag this early against the fish.

Mr. Pink
08-18-2008, 12:47 PM

Should be really interesting to revisit this thread and laugh at you guys who threw in the flag this early.

Did I say we can't win this game anywhere? No.

What I am saying is that I'm worried that we'll come out flat like we've always seemed to do the past decade or so when the pressure is on and the spotlight is on us.

justasportsfan
08-18-2008, 12:48 PM
Pressure? In a pre-season game? /sarcasm?
yes pressure for the 1st team.

OpIv37
08-18-2008, 12:50 PM

Should be really interesting to revisit this thread and laugh at you guys who threw in the flag this early.

what makes you think we don't suck now? The starting D has looked mediocre through two games and the starting O had one great game and one awful one, not to mention the lack of additions to last year's 30th ranked O.

You're making the assumption that this team has improved, but they haven't proved that yet. You're making the assumption that this team can win under pressure when they haven't proved it yet (and in fact have proven quite the opposite).

Funny- in the past, you've shown a complete inability to make distinctions. Everything has always been black or white with you. But now that it aids your argument, distinctions are crucial. You can't have it both ways.

gr8slayer
yes pressure for the 1st team.
Wow......

justasportsfan
Did I say we can't win this game anywhere? No.

What I am saying is that I'm worried that we'll come out flat like we've always seemed to do the past decade or so when the pressure is on and the spotlight is on us.

You pretty much imply we can't win a game anywhere if it's in the SPOTLIGHT even if the team we're playing is rebuilding.

justasportsfan
08-18-2008, 12:51 PM
Wow......
yeah wow. NOt only did they come through they were fantastic.

gr8slayer
You pretty much imply we can't win a game anywhere if it's in the SPOTLIGHT even if the team we're playing is rebuilding.
In case you haven't noticed we've been re-building for the better part of the last decade.

gr8slayer
yeah wow. NOt only did they come through they were fantastic.
Fantastic? Hardly.

In a real game where Pittsburgh is zone blitzing us every play and bringing guys from every direction they would skull **** us just like they did last year.

justasportsfan
08-18-2008, 12:52 PM
what makes you think we don't suck now? The starting D has looked mediocre through two games and the starting O had one great game and one awful one, not to mention the lack of additions to last year's 30th ranked O.

You're making the assumption that this team has improved, but they haven't proved that yet. You're making the assumption that this team can win under pressure when they haven't proved it yet (and in fact have proven quite the opposite).

Funny- in the past, you've shown a complete inability to make distinctions. Everything has always been black or white with you. But now that it aids your argument, distinctions are crucial. You can't have it both ways.

We don't suck. If being mediocre is your definition of sucking then what do you call the fish after 2 preseason games? If we suck after 2 preseason games, then they swallow.

You're telling us that a crappier fish will beat us because we're in canada's spotlight? :crazy:

your logic is flawed.

justasportsfan
08-18-2008, 12:54 PM
Fantastic? Hardly.

In a real game where Pittsburgh is zone blitzing us every play and bringing guys from every direction they would skull **** us just like they did last year.

I don't care about what Pitts shoulda, coulda, woulda done. THe 1st team was fantastic.

Mr. Pink
08-18-2008, 12:55 PM
We don't suck. If being mediocre is your definition of sucking then what do you call the fish after 2 preseason games? If we suck after 2 preseason games, then they swallow.

You're telling us that a crappier fish will beat us because we're in canada's spotlight? :crazy:

your logic is flawed.

We lost to a Cowboy team that played crappy on that day...

So how is the logic flawed?

gr8slayer
08-18-2008, 12:56 PM
I don't care about what Pitts shoulda, coulda, woulda done. THe 1st team was fantastic.
It's sad that this team is so bad that there are people calling that crap fantastic. You truly are satisfied with mediocrity, but I guess that's how it is when your team has been amongst the worst half your life.

justasportsfan

OP pretty much said we didn't have a chance. Although we lost we had a chance. We beat ourselves that day.

Were the cowboys playing crappy or were we playing well with back ups?

gr8slayer

Six turnovers? I know Romo threw at least five INT's.

justasportsfan
08-18-2008, 12:58 PM
It's sad that this team is so bad that there are people calling that crap fantastic. You truly are satisfied with mediocrity, but I guess that's how it is when your team has been amongst the worst half your life.
:rofl: I am statisfied ? Do you see me calling for SB?

Again, the 1st team was fantastic. Whether that means they will be althroughout the season I don't know but that day they were.

justasportsfan
some of which our D had something to do.

gr8slayer
:rofl: I am statisfied ? Do you see me calling for SB?

Again, the 1st team was fantastic. Whether that means they will be althroughout the season I don't know but that day they were.
If that's what you call fantastic that's all I need to know.

gr8slayer
08-18-2008, 12:59 PM
some of which our D had something to do.
Yet we still lost.

justasportsfan
08-18-2008, 12:59 PM
If that's what you call fantastic that's all I need to know.

:up: the stats are there. The proof is there. What Oitts woulda, coulda, shoulda done is speculation. I have facts.

Mr. Pink
08-18-2008, 01:00 PM

It's about the worst I've ever seen any NFL team play and somehow, somehow, still win.

I chalk it up to the fact we can't win in the spotlight.

Again, why I'm worried about that game later in the year vs the dolphins.

OpIv37
08-18-2008, 01:00 PM

your logic is flawed.

I'm telling you that talent doesn't matter when the team chokes. Do we have the talent level to beat the Dolphins? Of course. But we have to actually execute, and the Bills have yet to do that when the pressure is on. My logic is fine- your logic ignores reality. Being better on paper means nothing if we don't play like it on the field.

justasportsfan
08-18-2008, 01:01 PM
Yet we still lost.
did you see me deny that? NO. But to say that it was all cowboys and that the bills didn't have a part in forcing the cowboys to suck that night is being naive.

gr8slayer
08-18-2008, 01:02 PM
It's about the worst I've ever seen any NFL team play and somehow, somehow, still win.

Again, why I'm worried about that game later in the year vs the dolphins.
No doubt about it, the fans here in Dallas were ready to burn down the city until the last two minutes. No one can ruin a lead like the Buffalo Bills.

justasportsfan
08-18-2008, 01:04 PM
I'm telling you that talent doesn't matter when the team chokes. Do we have the talent level to beat the Dolphins? Of course. But we have to actually execute, and the Bills have yet to do that when the pressure is on. My logic is fine- your logic ignores reality. Being better on paper means nothing if we don't play like it on the field.

you actually have to reverse your logic towards the fins. What have they done in recent years in the spotlight? The got their asses handed to them in England. We're playing them in canada.

What have the fins doen in 2 preseason games to make you think they are better than us? Nothing.

gr8slayer
08-18-2008, 01:04 PM
The fish rots from the head down.

justasportsfan
08-18-2008, 01:05 PM

and the 1-15 fins are fantastic in the spotlight ? :rolleyes:

OpIv37
08-18-2008, 01:08 PM
you actually have to reverse your logic towards the fins. What have they done in recent years in the spotlight? The got their asses handed to them in England. We're playing them in canada.

What have the fins doen in 2 preseason games to make you think they are better than us? Nothing.

They're not better than us.

But the pressure is on us, not them. Using your own logic, that loss in England should be thrown out because it was against the eventual Super Bowl champs. When you're 1-15 and don't get any national or night games, there aren't any real pressure situations.

OpIv37
08-18-2008, 01:09 PM
and the 1-15 fins are fantastic in the spotlight ? :rolleyes:

what spotlight could a 1-15 team possibly be in? They don't get night games and they're eliminated from the playoffs in October.

justasportsfan
08-18-2008, 01:12 PM
They're not better than us.

But the pressure is on us, not them. Using your own logic, that loss in England should be thrown out because it was against the eventual Super Bowl champs.
When you're 1-15 and don't get any national or night games, there aren't any real pressure situations.

If they are not better than us therefore the crappier fins should beat us in canada . :rofl:

The the fins are worse than the bills therefore the bills will be pressured but we will beat them in miami.

If we are to split with the fins I would think they would beat us in miami rather than canada. :rolleyes:

OpIv37
08-18-2008, 01:13 PM
If they are not better than us therefore the crappier fins should beat us in canada . :rofl:

Thethe fins are worse than the bills therefore the bills will be pressured but we will beat them in miami.

dude, I've already answered and explained this- you're just repeating yourself. Laugh all you want, but I already provided a solid explanation. You're either ignoring it because you can't argue it or you're just trying to antagonize me.

justasportsfan
08-18-2008, 01:16 PM
dude, I've already answered and explained this- you're just repeating yourself. Laugh all you want, but I already provided a solid explanation. You're either ignoring it because you can't argue it or you're just trying to antagonize me.

NO your explanation is flawed. You're telling us that the crappy 1-15 team is gonna beat us because it's in the canadian spotlight and just because we lost to BETTER teams in the past in the spotlight :rolleyes:

You're telling us the pressure is on us because the fins suck but yet we will beat them at miami? :rolleyes:

you're antagonizing yourself.