PDA

View Full Version : Steelers fan tips his hat

Preacher
08-17-2008, 11:28 PM
I have to admit, I watched the game mainly to see how a few of the players would do, the holes in my teams O and D.

However, I did notice a few things...

1. While there was no scheming and all vanilla defense out there... the same can be said for the BIlls offense. That means to me, that the Bills have some players with some real talent. Put the scheming in with that, and you all may be the surprise team this year. I was pretty impressed.

2. The Buffalo Bills belong in Buffalo. 'nuff said... I'll forego my rant about the NFL sticking it to the fans... but the team belongs in Buffalo.

3. Marcus Stroud is a class act. Holding on to Ben to protect him from injury in a pre-season game instead of taking advantage of the situation and hitting him shows complete and utter class. That speaks to another point....

... if stroud is or becomes a leader... that kind of thinking and playing is the building blocks of not only winners... but traditions handed down.

Good job Bills... Yeah, its only preseason, but you got somethings to be excited about.

Mitchell55
08-18-2008, 12:15 AM
I have to admit, I watched the game mainly to see how a few of the players would do, the holes in my teams O and D.

However, I did notice a few things...

1. While there was no scheming and all vanilla defense out there... the same can be said for the BIlls offense. That means to me, that the Bills have some players with some real talent. Put the scheming in with that, and you all may be the surprise team this year. I was pretty impressed.

2. The Buffalo Bills belong in Buffalo. 'nuff said... I'll forego my rant about the NFL sticking it to the fans... but the team belongs in Buffalo.

3. Marcus Stroud is a class act. Holding on to Ben to protect him from injury in a pre-season game instead of taking advantage of the situation and hitting him shows complete and utter class. That speaks to another point....

... if stroud is or becomes a leader... that kind of thinking and playing is the building blocks of not only winners... but traditions handed down.

Good job Bills... Yeah, its only preseason, but you got somethings to be excited about.

Thank you. I agree 100 percent. The bills belong in buffalo. No offense, but it sickened me to see more Pittsburgh fans than bills.

Buffalogic
08-18-2008, 12:27 AM
Thanks Pal. I enjoy your perspective.

DrGraves
08-18-2008, 01:31 AM
glad to hear an outsiders point of view!

ddaryl
08-18-2008, 07:36 AM
Thanks for the praise... our fragile Bills egos could use the boost

Devin
08-18-2008, 08:08 AM
Well said bro :bf1: thanks for the visit, hope you guys have a great season!

Mitchy moo
08-18-2008, 09:32 AM
We look to be on the right road, good to see a football fan call it straight.

raphael120
08-18-2008, 11:43 AM
I just got back from Pittsburgh this weekend and a lot of people I talked to at the bar, (buddies, bartenders, random strangers) said they were impressed with the Bills and said they look pretty good and think they'll be in the playoffs also. Also many said that they wished Buffalo was in the AFC North because it's such a better rivalry than the Ravens/Steelers and Miami/Buffalo now.

RedEyE
08-18-2008, 11:57 AM
I appreciate your comments, and I agree the Bills looked good for a preseason game. But I would have felt better about that game had it been a notch in the belt. Regular season and 4 qrtrs of real Steeler football would have been a different outcome, I suspect.

TigerJ
08-18-2008, 12:00 PM
You are a gentleman and a scholar, preacher. If you are really a preacher, I salute you in your profession, as I am in the same profession.

Preacher
08-18-2008, 12:10 PM
You are a gentleman and a scholar, preacher. If you are really a preacher, I salute you in your profession, as I am in the same profession.

THank you all ...

and yes, I am a preacher... pastor in the Southern Baptist Denomination.

I think I have to keep an eye on the BIlls this year. As long as they don't challenge the Steelers for a playoff spot... I think I can root for em! :snicker2:

TigerJ
08-18-2008, 01:04 PM
I have been and continue to be a pastor in the United Methodist denomination for 29 years.

ublinkwescore
08-18-2008, 02:35 PM
I appreciate your comments, and I agree the Bills looked good for a preseason game. But I would have felt better about that game had it been a notch in the belt. Regular season and 4 qrtrs of real Steeler football would have been a different outcome, I suspect.

No one knows that for sure, that to me is a bash on the Bills - traitor.

jamze132
08-18-2008, 06:44 PM
THank you all ...

and yes, I am a preacher... pastor in the Southern Baptist Denomination.

I have been and continue to be a pastor in the United Methodist denomination for 29 years.

You guys should have the "1st Annual Billszone Bible Thump"!

Preacher
08-18-2008, 11:31 PM
I just got back from Pittsburgh this weekend and a lot of people I talked to at the bar, (buddies, bartenders, random strangers) said they were impressed with the Bills and said they look pretty good and think they'll be in the playoffs also. Also many said that they wished Buffalo was in the AFC North because it's such a better rivalry than the Ravens/Steelers and Miami/Buffalo now.

No smack intended... but you have to realize the last two times we saw you.. last year, and then in 2005 when we played our second string (end of the year game) and won.

What we saw Thursday was a far better showing then those two games. As a result, I think many of us were impressed.

Like I said, schemeing plays a large part... but schemeing is an offensive issue as well, and I doubt you all game planned for that game.

RedEyE
08-19-2008, 11:24 AM
No one knows that for sure, that to me is a bash on the Bills - traitor.

lol