X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Preacher
    • Sep 2007

Steelers fan tips his hat

I have to admit, I watched the game mainly to see how a few of the players would do, the holes in my teams O and D.

However, I did notice a few things...

1. While there was no scheming and all vanilla defense out there... the same can be said for the BIlls offense. That means to me, that the Bills have some players with some real talent. Put the scheming in with that, and you all may be the surprise team this year. I was pretty impressed.

2. The Buffalo Bills belong in Buffalo. 'nuff said... I'll forego my rant about the NFL sticking it to the fans... but the team belongs in Buffalo.

3. Marcus Stroud is a class act. Holding on to Ben to protect him from injury in a pre-season game instead of taking advantage of the situation and hitting him shows complete and utter class. That speaks to another point....

... if stroud is or becomes a leader... that kind of thinking and playing is the building blocks of not only winners... but traditions handed down.

Good job Bills... Yeah, its only preseason, but you got somethings to be excited about.
    Preacher

• Mitchell55
    only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
    • Feb 2008

Re: Steelers fan tips his hat

Originally posted by Preacher
    I have to admit, I watched the game mainly to see how a few of the players would do, the holes in my teams O and D.

However, I did notice a few things...

1. While there was no scheming and all vanilla defense out there... the same can be said for the BIlls offense. That means to me, that the Bills have some players with some real talent. Put the scheming in with that, and you all may be the surprise team this year. I was pretty impressed.

2. The Buffalo Bills belong in Buffalo. 'nuff said... I'll forego my rant about the NFL sticking it to the fans... but the team belongs in Buffalo.

3. Marcus Stroud is a class act. Holding on to Ben to protect him from injury in a pre-season game instead of taking advantage of the situation and hitting him shows complete and utter class. That speaks to another point....

... if stroud is or becomes a leader... that kind of thinking and playing is the building blocks of not only winners... but traditions handed down.

Good job Bills... Yeah, its only preseason, but you got somethings to be excited about.

Thank you. I agree 100 percent. The bills belong in buffalo. No offense, but it sickened me to see more Pittsburgh fans than bills.

Comment

• Buffalogic
      Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
      • Feb 2006

Thanks Pal. I enjoy your perspective.

Comment

• DrGraves
        • Mar 2008

glad to hear an outsiders point of view!

Comment

• ddaryl
          Everything I post is sexual inuendo
          • Jan 2005

Thanks for the praise... our fragile Bills egos could use the boost

Comment

• Devin
            The Octagon
            • Apr 2003

Well said bro thanks for the visit, hope you guys have a great season!
            http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• Mitchy moo
              Roways rooking ahread!
              • Sep 2005

We look to be on the right road, good to see a football fan call it straight.

Comment

• raphael120
                Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
                • Oct 2005

I just got back from Pittsburgh this weekend and a lot of people I talked to at the bar, (buddies, bartenders, random strangers) said they were impressed with the Bills and said they look pretty good and think they'll be in the playoffs also. Also many said that they wished Buffalo was in the AFC North because it's such a better rivalry than the Ravens/Steelers and Miami/Buffalo now.

Comment

• RedEyE
                  • Jul 2002

I appreciate your comments, and I agree the Bills looked good for a preseason game. But I would have felt better about that game had it been a notch in the belt. Regular season and 4 qrtrs of real Steeler football would have been a different outcome, I suspect.

Comment

• TigerJ
                    • Jul 2002

You are a gentleman and a scholar, preacher. If you are really a preacher, I salute you in your profession, as I am in the same profession.
                    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Preacher
                      • Sep 2007

Originally posted by TigerJ
                      You are a gentleman and a scholar, preacher. If you are really a preacher, I salute you in your profession, as I am in the same profession.
                      THank you all ...

and yes, I am a preacher... pastor in the Southern Baptist Denomination.

I think I have to keep an eye on the BIlls this year. As long as they don't challenge the Steelers for a playoff spot... I think I can root for em! :snicker2:
                      Preacher

Comment

• TigerJ
                        • Jul 2002

I have been and continue to be a pastor in the United Methodist denomination for 29 years.
                        I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                          Sab and TD are insignificant
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by RedEyE
                          I appreciate your comments, and I agree the Bills looked good for a preseason game. But I would have felt better about that game had it been a notch in the belt. Regular season and 4 qrtrs of real Steeler football would have been a different outcome, I suspect.
                          No one knows that for sure, that to me is a bash on the Bills - traitor.
                          www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• jamze132
                            Don’t hate…
                            • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Preacher
                            THank you all ...

and yes, I am a preacher... pastor in the Southern Baptist Denomination.
                            Originally posted by TigerJ
                            I have been and continue to be a pastor in the United Methodist denomination for 29 years.
                            You guys should have the "1st Annual Billszone Bible Thump"!

Comment

• Preacher
                              • Sep 2007

Originally posted by raphael120
                              I just got back from Pittsburgh this weekend and a lot of people I talked to at the bar, (buddies, bartenders, random strangers) said they were impressed with the Bills and said they look pretty good and think they'll be in the playoffs also. Also many said that they wished Buffalo was in the AFC North because it's such a better rivalry than the Ravens/Steelers and Miami/Buffalo now.
                              No smack intended... but you have to realize the last two times we saw you.. last year, and then in 2005 when we played our second string (end of the year game) and won.

What we saw Thursday was a far better showing then those two games. As a result, I think many of us were impressed.

Like I said, schemeing plays a large part... but schemeing is an offensive issue as well, and I doubt you all game planned for that game.
                              Preacher

Comment

Working...
                              X